Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Reflection 17:22 - Jan 6 with 9276 viewsbluenwhite10

A decision had to be made today play a side to win and get the 100k money for getting into the 4th round or protect your players with a relegation battle ahead in the upcoming weeks and rightly or wrongly that is what Rangers did. I thought Rangers did alright with what they put out there was evident with the speed and pace that Bournemouth played at which is common sense when free transfers play against 15 million + players, but surprisingly we found ourselves 2-0 from a great Armstrong goal and a lucky deflected shot from Armstrong. I guess we all knew that the second half would be backs again the wall stuff and it was a kick in the teeth that it was so soon from that old problem that we have defending set pieces. The winner come from the disaster waiting to happen which we rode our luck on several times playing out if the back which you can’t do if Dunne is involved. In the the end we gave it a go but fell short. MOM today was an Armstrong but Dunne was interesting in 2 parts ….Ball at feet liability but defending wise was very good but unfortunately to be a modern day player you have to be able to do both. Next week back to the important stuff. Come on you R’s
Bournemouth Reflection on 10:37 - Jan 7 with 1889 viewsHAYESBOY

Looking at that 3rd goal again on replays now, I think Dunne is fouled, its not shoulder to shoulder, he goes through his back. I was in line with it albeit in the West Paddocks in BL. I hammered him at the time, but I think its a free kick. Although he also hang on to the ball for too long anyway.
That's not to say we deserved anything from the game because that second half performance was not good enough. That 20-30 min spell from the start of the second half was shocking.
[Post edited 7 Jan 10:38]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bournemouth Reflection on 10:44 - Jan 7 with 1861 viewsPunteR

Bournemouth Reflection on 19:24 - Jan 6 by daveB

We were very good first half, deserved to be ahead, had best chances defended well, all very positive

They are better than us and played a lot better second half and we made some daft mistakes for the goals but overall a much better performance, Armstrong a massive improvement

I like this post. I'm not reading all the others in case it ruins my day.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bournemouth Reflection on 10:50 - Jan 7 with 1839 viewsngbqpr

Bournemouth Reflection on 10:44 - Jan 7 by PunteR

I like this post. I'm not reading all the others in case it ruins my day.

...may I then bring to your attention this equally likeable conclusion from joe90's post in case you skipped it...wise words:

"If we can’t take the positives (Armstrong’s goal) then there is absolutely no point watching QPR at the moment. I’m not a happy clapper or whatever, just can’t be arsed being depressed about something I have no control over."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Bournemouth Reflection on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 1805 viewsdmm

Apologies if this has already been covered but can anyone explain what Cifuentes was trying to do playing Dykes to the left of a front 3?

I get that he might be trying to make a Dykes/Armstrong combo work but surely having Dykes in the centre works best. Dykes looked all at sea, though did score his goal from that side as did Armstrong.
Bournemouth Reflection on 11:14 - Jan 7 with 1771 viewstraininvain

Bournemouth Reflection on 11:00 - Jan 7 by dmm

Apologies if this has already been covered but can anyone explain what Cifuentes was trying to do playing Dykes to the left of a front 3?

I get that he might be trying to make a Dykes/Armstrong combo work but surely having Dykes in the centre works best. Dykes looked all at sea, though did score his goal from that side as did Armstrong.

We’ve barely scored any goals recently with Dykes in the centre and I can’t remember the last time he had a shot on target before yesterday. So I’d imagine that Marti’s tinkering with his options trying to find a way to get the team scoring goals which worked yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Jan 11:14]
Bournemouth Reflection on 11:18 - Jan 7 with 1759 viewstraininvain

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:36 - Jan 6 by Paddyhoops

Great first half . Bournemouth upped their game second half and as soon as we started conceding corners Begovich started his window cleaning again .
Oh and stop giving f**king hospital balls to Jimmy Dunne who is about as comfortable on the ball as a blind octopus.
Mind blowing shit . Keep selling those hats Asmir.

One of the many problems with Dunne is that he makes even the most basic pass look like a hospital ball because of his inability to play out from the back. His touch and awareness is shocking. There was a moment towards the end of the game when he was in a position near the Bournemouth penalty area to get a cross in the box and somehow managed to give away a throw in.

Surely a development squad centre back can’t be any worse than Dunne at the moment. If we carry on starting him we’ll go down.
Bournemouth Reflection on 11:44 - Jan 7 with 1704 viewsTheChef

Bournemouth Reflection on 19:24 - Jan 6 by daveB

We were very good first half, deserved to be ahead, had best chances defended well, all very positive

They are better than us and played a lot better second half and we made some daft mistakes for the goals but overall a much better performance, Armstrong a massive improvement

Agreed.

Armstrong still needs to use the ball better though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bournemouth Reflection on 12:37 - Jan 7 with 1615 viewsQPunkR

I think it worked actually. With Armstrong up front we had some pace to worry their defenders and it worked quite a lot in the first half.
Ok Dykes on the left wasn't a conspicuous success (apart from his goal, obvs!) as we kept attacking through Smyth on the right, but if we'd had Dykes playing through the centre yesterday I don't think we would've done as well as we did
[Post edited 7 Jan 14:00]

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth Reflection on 12:43 - Jan 7 with 1584 viewsWatford_Ranger

One positive of Dykes on the left should be the option to play goal kicks long rather than Dunne, Drewe and Begovic pissballing about until one of them, at best, hoofs it aimlessly.
Bournemouth Reflection on 12:51 - Jan 7 with 1540 viewsQPunkR

Bournemouth Reflection on 12:43 - Jan 7 by Watford_Ranger

One positive of Dykes on the left should be the option to play goal kicks long rather than Dunne, Drewe and Begovic pissballing about until one of them, at best, hoofs it aimlessly.

The one time Begović tried it, he punted it straight into Ellerslie

That said, I'd still rather that than us consistently giving away goal scoring opportunities from each and every one of our short goal kicks

QPR - "shit but local"

Bournemouth Reflection on 13:49 - Jan 7 with 1453 viewsPaddyhoops

Bournemouth Reflection on 09:57 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

World class? Are you having a laugh? He's been directly responsible for how many goals recently? Every pro keeper makes saves. It's the rest of the game that matters. Was his distribution world class? He was awful. Dunne will be having nightmares about those hospital balls for the rest of the week. Those in the Ellerslie will be having trauma from when he was firing at them when he decided to go long.

Couldn’t understand Begovich playing short sideway balls to Dunne.
We had goals kicks and within seconds we were backed into our own corner flags , penned in with no way out. Begovich kept doing it until finally Dunne lost it and bang , it was 3.2. FFS.
Begovich shot stopping is Suberb but he’s a liability from corners and his distribution is poor at best.
Dunne’s form is poor but in fairness he was wasn’t getting much help from Begovich.
Bournemouth Reflection on 13:56 - Jan 7 with 1432 viewsOldPedro

Bournemouth Reflection on 13:49 - Jan 7 by Paddyhoops

Couldn’t understand Begovich playing short sideway balls to Dunne.
We had goals kicks and within seconds we were backed into our own corner flags , penned in with no way out. Begovich kept doing it until finally Dunne lost it and bang , it was 3.2. FFS.
Begovich shot stopping is Suberb but he’s a liability from corners and his distribution is poor at best.
Dunne’s form is poor but in fairness he was wasn’t getting much help from Begovich.

Agree - if Begovic was a young keeper learning his trade or in his first season at this level, you could forgive his mistakes and the way he fails to command his area but he is an experienced international keeper - it is inforgivable.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bournemouth Reflection on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 1423 viewsdaveB

It actually worked quite well first half with them swapping positions a lot and gave Armstrong some more space to play in
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 1164 viewsParkRoyalR

Bournemouth Reflection on 11:18 - Jan 7 by traininvain

One of the many problems with Dunne is that he makes even the most basic pass look like a hospital ball because of his inability to play out from the back. His touch and awareness is shocking. There was a moment towards the end of the game when he was in a position near the Bournemouth penalty area to get a cross in the box and somehow managed to give away a throw in.

Surely a development squad centre back can’t be any worse than Dunne at the moment. If we carry on starting him we’ll go down.

Inability to play out from the back to who exactly?

Against a pacy Bournemouth front line this is the wrong tactic especially with a midfield including the ghost.

Not sure why yet again Dunne is the out-ball when Fox has far greater experience.

With our fan-base Jimmy might be better off playing less for the team and more for himself.

A few games hiding from the ball and he'll be flying up the match-day ratings and the darling of QPR Twitter.
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:40 - Jan 7 with 1085 viewsManinBlack

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:10 - Jan 7 by ParkRoyalR

Against a pacy Bournemouth front line this is the wrong tactic especially with a midfield including the ghost.

Not sure why yet again Dunne is the out-ball when Fox has far greater experience.

With our fan-base Jimmy might be better off playing less for the team and more for himself.

A few games hiding from the ball and he'll be flying up the match-day ratings and the darling of QPR Twitter.

Playing out from the back against the pace of Premier league forwards closing you down is foolish. Look at the second goal Sunderland gifted Newcastle by trying to play out. That goal at the start of the second half killed them. The winning goal we conceded may have been a foul but trying to play our way out gave them the chance.

The disappointing aspect was we were two up at the start of the second half and by the midway point of the half we were losing, so quick was the surrender. I was hopeful we could at least get a draw but unless it is 0-0, we seem to find it just as hard to get a score draw as a win. Blackpool lost a two goal lead today at Forest but still managed to hold on 35 minutes for a replay. Nobody else seems to have this ingrained losing mentality that we have.
[Post edited 7 Jan 17:42]
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:53 - Jan 7 with 1047 viewstraininvain

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:10 - Jan 7 by ParkRoyalR

We had similar conversations re Dunne last season and at the time you blamed Dickie for our defensive issues which have continued in his absence. So I doubt we’re going to agree here as you seem quite entrenched in your position (I.e. rating Dunne) and likewise I really don’t rate Dunne as a centre back, particularly in a system playing out from the back.

It’s easy to blame others in the team but Dunne simply hasn’t been good enough for too long and he’s consistently, game after game making big mistakes which cost the team goals. We can blame the manager, tactics etc. But if the ball needs to go to Fox (or any other centre back partner) because of Dunne’s shortcomings then he really shouldn’t be in the team playing this style of football. I doubt he’d get near starting for any other team in the Championship.

His strongest attribute is supposed to be winning defensive headers yet we’ve conceded five goals in two games from set pieces. That’s not all on him but it doesn’t reflect well on his contribution to our defence and begs the question as to what he’s actually bringing to the team.

I’ll leave it there as I know we’re not going to agree re Dunne!
Bournemouth Reflection on 18:00 - Jan 7 with 1020 viewsJimthehip

Bournemouth Reflection on 09:45 - Jan 7 by joe90

Watched the highlights and thought Armstrong’s goal was quality. It’s exactly the type of goal we’ve wanted him to score for a long time. Dykes goal was fluke, so what? Dunno unlucky to deflect the first Bournemouth goal and after that same old QPR

I don’t feel too upset by this defeat, didn’t think we’d win anyway and thought we’d put up much less of a fight, such is the expectation at the moment.

If we can’t take the positives (Armstrong’s goal) then there is absolutely no point watching QPR at the moment. I’m not a happy clapper or whatever, just can’t be arsed being depressed about something I have no control over.

Yeah I felt first half showed we should play Armstrong with dykes... how best to make that work I don't know? 🤔
Bournemouth Reflection on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 975 viewsFDC

We were expecting to see changes, but I was still surprised to see Marti transition to white trainers for this match.
Bournemouth Reflection on 18:48 - Jan 7 with 948 viewsBushRanger82

And we have the absolute gall, the sheer brass neck, to mock Chelsea.
Trophies make for good honours lists, really do give a club a true sense of history, and inspires a consistant winning mentality, that might wane every now and again, but undoubtedly always comes back.
Now look at us. Formed in 1886, we have up to today managed a paltry 3 domestic cup final appearances, winning 1 league cup, and losing 1 fa cup final, and one league cup final.
That's our history summed up there in a nutshell.
Pathetic. And still we have nobody at this club with the will to at least try and rectify this woeful situation.
Bournemouth Reflection on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 921 viewsRangersw12

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:48 - Jan 7 by BushRanger82

And we have the absolute gall, the sheer brass neck, to mock Chelsea.
Trophies make for good honours lists, really do give a club a true sense of history, and inspires a consistant winning mentality, that might wane every now and again, but undoubtedly always comes back.
Now look at us. Formed in 1886, we have up to today managed a paltry 3 domestic cup final appearances, winning 1 league cup, and losing 1 fa cup final, and one league cup final.
That's our history summed up there in a nutshell.
Pathetic. And still we have nobody at this club with the will to at least try and rectify this woeful situation.

You do know it's not compulsory to " support " the club ?

You can support anyone you want fella
Bournemouth Reflection on 19:01 - Jan 7 with 909 viewsdaveB

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:40 - Jan 7 by ManinBlack

Playing out from the back against the pace of Premier league forwards closing you down is foolish. Look at the second goal Sunderland gifted Newcastle by trying to play out. That goal at the start of the second half killed them. The winning goal we conceded may have been a foul but trying to play our way out gave them the chance.

The disappointing aspect was we were two up at the start of the second half and by the midway point of the half we were losing, so quick was the surrender. I was hopeful we could at least get a draw but unless it is 0-0, we seem to find it just as hard to get a score draw as a win. Blackpool lost a two goal lead today at Forest but still managed to hold on 35 minutes for a replay. Nobody else seems to have this ingrained losing mentality that we have.
[Post edited 7 Jan 17:42]

Playing out from the back is how we scored our 2 goals
Bournemouth Reflection on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 901 viewsBushRanger82

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:57 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

You do know it's not compulsory to " support " the club ?

You can support anyone you want fella

And, fella?
Bournemouth Reflection on 19:32 - Jan 7 with 848 viewsRodney

I got mad just before the third goal because it seemed to me that, again and again, Begovic would deliberately wait until Bournemouth had got their press lined up, in position and ready to go... and only then would he pass the ball to Dunne (poor chap). There were plenty of opportunities for quick goal kicks and, almost without exception, he wasn't interested.

And whilst he is capable of making at least one very good save in every game, he is just as capable of making a silly mistake. If ever you've played with a goalkeeper who isn't reliable at corners, you know how the uncertainty seeps into all the defenders around him. Conversely, when you've got someone you have confidence in, you can get on with your own job.
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:39 - Jan 7 with 773 viewsManinBlack

Bournemouth Reflection on 19:01 - Jan 7 by daveB

Playing out from the back is how we scored our 2 goals

Really? That wasn't how I saw it. And how many goals have we scored compared to how many we concede? If we were that good playing out from the back we would not be second bottom. The reality is we lost comfortably in the end which with our players is likely to make them more unconfident. I don't believe they will take the positives of scoring twice against Bournemouth. Once again a big away following go home with a win having enjoyed themselves at our expense.

In case nobody noticed Sheffield Wednesday beat Cardiff 4-0 and no doubt they will react positively to that win in their fight against relegation. The Wednesday keeper probably thinks he is superman now for saving two penalties. Right now it looks like it will be us, Rotherham and Huddersfield that will go down.

We still have a serious deficiency in front of goal against Championship rivals. Watford will have a big following so let's see if we will do what we have done for over a year and lose again when 3,000 fill the away end. Our players should be eager to avenge the opening day humiliation at Watford but do they have the fire in them?
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 747 viewsParkRoyalR

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:53 - Jan 7 by traininvain

We had similar conversations re Dunne last season and at the time you blamed Dickie for our defensive issues which have continued in his absence. So I doubt we’re going to agree here as you seem quite entrenched in your position (I.e. rating Dunne) and likewise I really don’t rate Dunne as a centre back, particularly in a system playing out from the back.

It’s easy to blame others in the team but Dunne simply hasn’t been good enough for too long and he’s consistently, game after game making big mistakes which cost the team goals. We can blame the manager, tactics etc. But if the ball needs to go to Fox (or any other centre back partner) because of Dunne’s shortcomings then he really shouldn’t be in the team playing this style of football. I doubt he’d get near starting for any other team in the Championship.

His strongest attribute is supposed to be winning defensive headers yet we’ve conceded five goals in two games from set pieces. That’s not all on him but it doesn’t reflect well on his contribution to our defence and begs the question as to what he’s actually bringing to the team.

I’ll leave it there as I know we’re not going to agree re Dunne!

In our recent run of games where Dunne has been called out both Cook and JCS have made more mistakes and been culpable for goals conceded.

In his last game Dunne got called out for not doing better with Larkeche's man (harsh but ok) whereas JCS bottled a challenge and didn't even jump to help Kolli out.

Dickie was a superb defender for us at one point and I have never seen a players confidence + form collapse to the extent his did.

Until we get an SJ or Dom Ball or Tom Carroll type player who can give an option to take the ball off the defence we will struggle.

Dunne is too honest (or stupid) for his own good as continues to try his best for the team when others either hide or pass on taking responsibility to take the ball off the keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024