Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dillon Barnes 20:00 - Dec 23 with 12920 viewskarl

Came on as sub for injured Hibs keeper 60 mins into tonight's game.
Saved a 25 yarder comfortably down low and generally handled well, 1-0 when he came on and was a nervy affair for spelks since Hibs conceded a lucky last minute equaliser on Saturday, St Mirren pumped a few long balls in and 94th min Barnes wasn't convincing punching away a cross on the 6 yard line centre of goal, bounced about a bit and cleared.
Held on for his clean sheet and big 3 pts for Hibs.
They think it's a muscle injury for regular No. 1 Marciano so he's almost definitely out for the boxing day game v Rangers so might interest a few to watch that one.
He looks comfortable and confident doing well in the early stages of the League Cup but this is a step up now, hopefully does well against the Huns as he'll definitely be under pressure, big test for him
Dillon Barnes on 10:18 - Jan 4 with 2478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Or maybe Kelly could be off on loan or permanently?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dillon Barnes on 10:35 - Jan 4 with 2413 viewsMyke

Dillon Barnes on 10:13 - Jan 4 by karl

This is interesting, been recalled from his loan.
Hibs have an injured first choice keeper and the player coach has been filling in as 3rd choice as the usual stand by young keeper is out on loan in lower Scottish league.
Dillon has played last 3 games and despite losing all 3 he's looked decent and not to blame for the losses.
Lumley has obviously more or less gone but is this being ultra careful and having 3 keepers or is the prospect of losing Dieing actually possible?
FWIW I think Barnes is a better looking keeper than Kelly and if Sent is away at short notice then his 3 games for Hibs puts him into the team with game time under his belt
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 10:15]

It's good to know he has a few games played Karl, but it would still be a huge step up to be our first choice keeper if Dieng leaves. Warburton signed Kelly to be his first choice and I would imagine he would put him in.
Didn't expect Dieng to leave so soon (if he doe go this month), I wonder what he would be worth?
Dillon Barnes on 10:45 - Jan 4 with 2390 viewskarl

The way Seny has been playing you have to imagine it will be a very big offer to prise him away at this stage of the season?
Any Premier league team you would think will be viewing him long term so a deal at the end of season would be acceptable but of course if he's being looked at genuinely by 3 of them it could be a bidding war and they want to get in early?
I've said further up that Dillon is definitely playing to the same standard Seny was 2 yr ago so on a good trajectory, hopefully he gets the time to develop to the level Seny has achieved this season.
For us to sell this month I think it will have to be £10m region otherwise keep him till end of season.
Only problem will be if club needs funds to get through I suppose, as unlikely as it sounds might be the case?
Dillon Barnes on 10:52 - Jan 4 with 2358 viewsrsonist

Dillon Barnes on 22:06 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Absolutely no idea, but I said at the time it was a strange signing, completely unnecessary, made by a club that was supposed to be skint. V uncomfortable with it from min one. Even the Colchester fans said he was crap in League 2.

Having a career Reserve Keeper is much less strange than signing Kelly and having three of the same age competing for the spot. I guess at that moment they just genuinely didn't know how it would pan out and who would pull ahead - a somewhat luxuriously inefficient solution to an understandable situation.

Perfect punchline if Barnes of all contenders is indeed a better keeper than Kelly.
Dillon Barnes on 10:54 - Jan 4 with 2345 viewsGloucs_R

Lumley all but gone
Dieng linked elsewhere, no smoke without for and all that....

Kelly and Barnes to battle it out would be my guess

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dillon Barnes on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 2326 viewsrsonist

No rush to sell Dieng, ball's in our court contractwise and he'll only be offered a backup role for the forseeable.

Arsenal had £10m rebuffed for David Raya (who still has a release clause end of this season iirc) so we can start there if they're really keen.
Dillon Barnes on 11:02 - Jan 4 with 2314 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dillon Barnes on 10:54 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

Lumley all but gone
Dieng linked elsewhere, no smoke without for and all that....

Kelly and Barnes to battle it out would be my guess

It's the transfer window, Gloucs - There's ALWAYS smoke without fire.

Dillon Barnes on 11:08 - Jan 4 with 2267 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR tied Senny down until 2024 in the summer - shrewd move (who would have thought at the time?)... maybe the same for Hameleinen and Kakay in time. Time will tell.

Anyway, there’s no need to sell home urgently and if we do it will be for the right money with the right replacement coming in, I’m sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Dillon Barnes on 11:21 - Jan 4 with 2199 viewsrsonist

Dillon Barnes on 11:08 - Jan 4 by Hastings_Hoops

QPR tied Senny down until 2024 in the summer - shrewd move (who would have thought at the time?)... maybe the same for Hameleinen and Kakay in time. Time will tell.

Anyway, there’s no need to sell home urgently and if we do it will be for the right money with the right replacement coming in, I’m sure.

Yeah like I said on the Shodipo thread people confuse risk management for seeing the future.

It looks like an omniscient conveyor belt in hindsight but all any of these clubs can do is put processes in place and put themselves in the best position to capitalise.

No one on here was saying Dieng was The One that's for sure.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 11:24]
Dillon Barnes on 11:41 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 11:02 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

It's the transfer window, Gloucs - There's ALWAYS smoke without fire.

Maybe being linked to one team but to be linked to several....

Why would we bring Barnes back when we have been down to two keepers for the past few months (with Lumley having a few spells on loan)

Dillon Barnes on 11:46 - Jan 4 with 2091 viewsMaggsinho

Dillon Barnes on 11:41 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

Why would we bring Barnes back when we have been down to two keepers for the past few months (with Lumley having a few spells on loan)

Because Lumley was on a weeks loan and easily recalled?
Dillon Barnes on 11:56 - Jan 4 with 2046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dillon Barnes on 11:41 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

No idea really, but it could be any one of the many possibilities posters have mentioned.

We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Dillon Barnes on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 2036 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 11:46 - Jan 4 by Maggsinho

Because Lumley was on a weeks loan and easily recalled?

Maybe, but I think we had 7 professional keepers going into the season.

So from a financial perspective, surely you'd leave him where he was.

Norwich brought on a 19 year old against us.

Dieng + Kelly + Brzozowski / Dickinson should be enough

Dillon Barnes on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 2031 viewsSir_Chops

However this pans out, if Seny goes anywhere and there are multiple bidders, with the length of time left on his contract it's all in our favour.

Get a great price, the right sell on percentage, and if he does get sold this transfer window to a desperate bidder, sell on the basis of loaning him back till the summer.

Unless it works for us there's no need for anything to happen this window, though.
Dillon Barnes on 12:09 - Jan 4 with 1962 viewsMyke

umm see figures as high as 10 mill mentioned here which is completely unrealistic.The only two things in our favour are his age and length of contract. Randolf- who was Championship keeper of the year- went to WHU for 3m. I know he was 32 at the time, but still not old for a back-up keeper. Smithies went for for whatever,having bags of Championship experience. If we get more than 2.5/3 m for a man with 20 odd Championship games under his belt, I'd be very pleasantly surprised
Dillon Barnes on 12:09 - Jan 4 with 1965 viewsWhip_It

As a side issue, the only live football I have watched in the last 9 months featured our very own Tyla Dickinson in goal for Merstham FC. For a somewhat slight and not all that tall, and kind of young looking keeper, he didn't look too shabby at all. Full of confidence and generally seemed quite smart. Only beaten by a late pen (which he's going to need to practice saving if he ever gets near our first team).
Dillon Barnes on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 1963 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dillon Barnes on 11:57 - Jan 4 by Sir_Chops

However this pans out, if Seny goes anywhere and there are multiple bidders, with the length of time left on his contract it's all in our favour.

Get a great price, the right sell on percentage, and if he does get sold this transfer window to a desperate bidder, sell on the basis of loaning him back till the summer.

Unless it works for us there's no need for anything to happen this window, though.

Excellent management from Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand on this one to be fair!
Dillon Barnes on 12:20 - Jan 4 with 1914 viewsqprd

does anyone know when barnes loan extended to?

[unfounded speculation alert]

if this is tied to a separate deal with one of the other keepers we have, why would we recall barnes before the other deal was announced? presumably we had an option to recall barnes at any time, so why would we do it before the ink dried on the other deal?

separately, ive seen the dieng rumors, and think this is clearly a case of an agent trying to get a move/renewed contract, etc. does anyone genuinely believe that a club like arsenal is rly sniffing around for dieng on the back of 10-15 championship appearances? hes good, but this seems very premature
Dillon Barnes on 12:24 - Jan 4 with 1895 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 12:20 - Jan 4 by qprd

if this is tied to a separate deal with one of the other keepers we have, why would we recall barnes before the other deal was announced? presumably we had an option to recall barnes at any time, so why would we do it before the ink dried on the other deal?

separately, ive seen the dieng rumors, and think this is clearly a case of an agent trying to get a move/renewed contract, etc. does anyone genuinely believe that a club like arsenal is rly sniffing around for dieng on the back of 10-15 championship appearances? hes good, but this seems very premature

Well it's definitely not his agents trying to get a new contract as he only signed one a couple of months ago for 4 years.

Dillon Barnes on 12:30 - Jan 4 with 1866 viewskarl

Dillon Barnes recalled on 11:27 - Jan 4 with 242 views cyprusmel

It might also mean they have recalled him in the hope that a bid might be made by Hibernian

To answer Mel from the other thread.
Hibs don't have a lot of money but their 1st choice Marciano is often spoken about being sold, as near end of contract, so a replacement might be necessary, I just can't see him being sold for that much that Hibs could make a decent bid for Barnes that would be profitable for QPR.
One thing of note was a mention on Hibs forum that he cost a loan fee, so there has been income off him already and hasn't been 100% loss on his wages, if any at all, so there has to be another motivation to take him back?
Dillon Barnes on 12:34 - Jan 4 with 1849 viewsNorthernr

Fingers crossed this is Lumley going to Donny for Whiteman.
Dillon Barnes on 12:44 - Jan 4 with 1802 viewsqprd

Dillon Barnes on 12:24 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

Well it's definitely not his agents trying to get a new contract as he only signed one a couple of months ago for 4 years.

Not true... he can be trying to renegotiate the terms now that dieng is proving to be a competent champ level keeper....

Doesn’t it seem fishy that we’ve not heard a peep abt him being linked with a single club, and all of a sudden, on the back of 7 or 8 matches without a win, dieng is being linked with a move to multiple decent prem sides?

Who would be the common source who would be leaking this info? It wouldn’t be the interested clubs bc arsenal, for instance, wouldn’t know if palace was also involved... also, they wouldn’t have an incentive to leak this news bc it would generate more interest in the player and hike up the price..,, so the only possible sources are either qpr or the player/his agent....

If McIntyre isn’t reporting it, it’s probably being drummed up by his agent
Dillon Barnes on 12:57 - Jan 4 with 1721 viewsMyke

Hibs manager sorry to see him go,but understands his desire for first team football - make of that what you will!
Dillon Barnes on 13:18 - Jan 4 with 1629 viewsDannyPaddox

Dillon Barnes on 15:20 - Dec 27 by Northernr

Barbet to put one past him on his debut to make it a full house ... in an empty house.
Dillon Barnes on 13:45 - Jan 4 with 1531 viewsdanehoop

Dillon Barnes on 12:20 - Jan 4 by qprd

I think Dieng has already had a lot of interest from other clubs. He may only have had a small number of games for us, but he has had a good range of experience on loan and progressed rapidly.

2018/19 Stevenage in League 2 - 16 league and cup appearances
2018/19 Dundee in Scots prem - 18 league and cup appearances
2019/20 Doncaster in League 1 - 32 league and cup appearances
2020/21 QPR played his first game at the end of September and been first choice ever since.

He is a good age, seems to be level headed and improving all of the time, getting loads of practice now in a very erratic/average Championship side and already looking like one of the best keepers in the division. You can see the attraction for quite a few teams as he looks to be a very solid investment.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024