Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't trust the BBC 23:04 - Oct 13 with 15579 viewsKerouac

...it is merely a propaganda machine for Lefties.

Take this for an example.
The USA is being prevented from rolling out a $1.8 trillion COVID bailout package by Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats. This happened today. It is big news in America, even CNN is taking this story seriously, I just watched Wolf Blitzer giving Nancy Pelosi a good going over on the subject (imagine the Guardian were demanding answers from Corbyn for using the system to block a bailout in this country...that's what this is).

Now, the BBC has been taking a pretty keen interest in US politics lately, every day there is a multitude of anti-Trump articles.
How do they report this story?
Nothing on the main page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/
Nothing in the 'News' section: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
Nothing under 'World' (several attack jobs on Trump's Supreme Court Judge pick though): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world
Nothing under 'US and Canada': https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

...that last page is hilariously one sided.
If you want a laugh scroll down and check out the BBC's spin on what Biden said in the video under 'Did Joe Biden really say he was running for the Senate?'.

These people aren't journalists.
They are not reporting the news.
They have an agenda and are trying to confuse people with lies (see Biden video).
...and they are all paid very well indeed, paid by us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Don't trust the BBC on 18:01 - Oct 14 with 1181 viewschad

Don't trust the BBC on 17:33 - Oct 14 by onehunglow

In fairness to Killy,Chad, he is by no means the worst.Ive been a one under my former username-now consigned to history-.

This seems a pretty mild perjorative when we have those who post filth about other posters personally.Entirely different to slag off a politician as opposed to a fellow fan.

Killy and I lock horns over nationalism especially Irish but that is because I don't like British men women and children blown asunder here on the mainline. I maintained if you supported the aims of the IRA ,ie united Ireland,then you have blood on your hands .

Just disappointing, I feel he is capable of so much more than repeated pointless name calling.

Particularly remember John Ball as the similar age to my youngest.

Used to wear the Afghan coat my friend gave me to big concerts, thought it might give me some protection if there was a bombing, sadly prophetic but different perps.

Did go to Florida with the kids the month after 9/11. Was a bit trepidatious, but decided if we were going to be blown out of the sky it would be over pretty quick.
Don't trust the BBC on 18:12 - Oct 14 with 1170 viewsonehunglow

Be Lucky,chad.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Don't trust the BBC on 18:16 - Oct 14 with 1166 viewsbritferry

Don't trust the BBC on 14:54 - Oct 14 by Darran

Well said Kilk is a legend and a top poster.

I’ve actually had people come on to me whilst our and ask me what’s happened to this forum and why has it gone a million times more right wing than what it was before.

There you go again, having another go at this forum.

You should start a thread on it on the other forum, oh wait, I bet you already have.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Don't trust the BBC on 18:30 - Oct 14 with 1160 viewsTreforys_Jack

Don't trust the BBC on 17:10 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

That won’t happen on here daz.

The moderating on here recently has been far better than previously, it seems online bullying is no longer tolerated which is a good thing.

As the new owner has said, post what u like, just stick to the rules.
Don't trust the BBC on 19:05 - Oct 14 with 1145 viewsKerouac

24hrs have passed...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

Can any of the BBC's supporters as an impartial news broadcaster give a satisfactory answer why Pelosi & co. blocking a $1.8 trillion dollar bailout is not newsworthy?

If you can't explain the BBC's rationale, let's stop pretending shall we.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Don't trust the BBC on 19:19 - Oct 14 with 1140 viewsCatullus

Don't trust the BBC on 19:05 - Oct 14 by Kerouac

24hrs have passed...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

Can any of the BBC's supporters as an impartial news broadcaster give a satisfactory answer why Pelosi & co. blocking a $1.8 trillion dollar bailout is not newsworthy?

If you can't explain the BBC's rationale, let's stop pretending shall we.

Maybe because it's not her actually blocking it to stop it but blocking it because she wants Trump to do more? Maybe the BBC can see that and are waiting?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/14/coronavirus-stimulus-nancy-pelosi-steven-mnuchin

Maybe the story doesn't have the same left wing bias if she did it so she could force Trump to do more which actually makes it a non story to protect the right?

It's a confusing lark this politics! And darn it, I wish I hadn't looked now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Don't trust the BBC on 19:25 - Oct 14 with 1135 viewsGwyn737

Don't trust the BBC on 19:19 - Oct 14 by Catullus

Maybe because it's not her actually blocking it to stop it but blocking it because she wants Trump to do more? Maybe the BBC can see that and are waiting?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/14/coronavirus-stimulus-nancy-pelosi-steven-mnuchin

Maybe the story doesn't have the same left wing bias if she did it so she could force Trump to do more which actually makes it a non story to protect the right?

👏
Don't trust the BBC on 19:32 - Oct 14 with 1129 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 18:16 - Oct 14 by britferry

You should start a thread on it on the other forum, oh wait, I bet you already have.

Thanks shw mae.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Don't trust the BBC on 19:47 - Oct 14 with 1112 viewsbritferry

Don't trust the BBC on 19:32 - Oct 14 by Darran

Thanks shw mae.

you should seek medical help

Don't trust the BBC on 19:51 - Oct 14 with 1111 viewsbritferry

Don't trust the BBC on 18:16 - Oct 14 by britferry

Found it, I was right

The Fansnetwork Site

Post by Darran » 20 Sep 2020 14:37

I’ve just spent 20 minutes reading through the threads on there and I’d just like to say,Jesus Holy Mother of God.
It’s absolutely staggering to see just about every thread about race.
I don’t want to stir the s**t up because I know Phil
and Keith Haynes are chums and Keith’s always been courteous to me but by f**k he’s got a job on his hands sorting that lot out.
Oh and it’s right what is said about Dimi on there too he’s nothing but a forum destroyer.
And whilst I’m here Perch needs to get help too,everything he says on the forum is the polar opposite to what he says on Twitter where he’s nothing but a Tory racist c**t.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 19:52]

Don't trust the BBC on 19:57 - Oct 14 with 1105 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 19:51 - Oct 14 by britferry

Found it, I was right

The Fansnetwork Site

Post by Darran » 20 Sep 2020 14:37

I’ve just spent 20 minutes reading through the threads on there and I’d just like to say,Jesus Holy Mother of God.
It’s absolutely staggering to see just about every thread about race.
I don’t want to stir the s**t up because I know Phil
and Keith Haynes are chums and Keith’s always been courteous to me but by f**k he’s got a job on his hands sorting that lot out.
Oh and it’s right what is said about Dimi on there too he’s nothing but a forum destroyer.
And whilst I’m here Perch needs to get help too,everything he says on the forum is the polar opposite to what he says on Twitter where he’s nothing but a Tory racist c**t.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 19:52]

But everything I write there weeks ago is 100% true.
And if you don’t mind I don’t need medical help,so wrap up with your disgusting comments.

Don't trust the BBC on 20:01 - Oct 14 with 1101 viewsbritferry

This thread gets better the more you read it...

Swanjaxs » 20 Sep 2020 16:16
Honest question...
If FN lifted your ban, would you start posting again?

Post by Darran » 20 Sep 2020 16:33
Perhaps the odd post but I’d rather distance myself from that until Keith sorts it out.

WHAT A HYPOCRITE YOU ARE

Don't trust the BBC on 20:31 - Oct 14 with 1090 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't trust the BBC on 16:20 - Oct 14 by FieryJack

You know why she's blocking it, don't you?

Because she wants more Covid relief funds, that's why.

Trump should be made to sell his tower and golf clubs, and the proceeds used to fund more relief, as punishment for making such a balls up in the first place.

You best go to your spare bedroom and make a shrine to Nancy Pelosi - poster on the wall, tea light candles and flowers underneath it.

Post a pic on here when you're done.

No it is not, she wants funds to rebuild the cities burnt and damaged by her lovely rioting BLM & Antifa friends.
Don't trust the BBC on 20:35 - Oct 14 with 1083 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't trust the BBC on 19:19 - Oct 14 by Catullus

She and the Democrats have been blocking it for months, that aid could already be out there.
If it wasn't enough she should raise the bill in the Seanate again, not block the desperate getting there money now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:36]
Don't trust the BBC on 21:34 - Oct 14 with 1065 viewsNotLoyal

Don't trust the BBC on 20:01 - Oct 14 by britferry

This thread gets better the more you read it...

Swanjaxs » 20 Sep 2020 16:16
Honest question...
If FN lifted your ban, would you start posting again?

Post by Darran » 20 Sep 2020 16:33
Perhaps the odd post but I’d rather distance myself from that until Keith sorts it out.

WHAT A HYPOCRITE YOU ARE

I think Keith has done a stunning job, he's only a month in to it. Maybe if Darran stopped jumping on Perch's threads to try and wind him up it would be a lot better.
I thought you said darran you wouldn't, not a day passes when you are at it. Just leave it out.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Don't trust the BBC on 21:46 - Oct 14 with 1059 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 21:34 - Oct 14 by NotLoyal

I think Keith has done a stunning job, he's only a month in to it. Maybe if Darran stopped jumping on Perch's threads to try and wind him up it would be a lot better.
I thought you said darran you wouldn't, not a day passes when you are at it. Just leave it out.

Be serious for a minute.
In what way has Keith done a stunning job?
Have we had an influx of new posters?
Am I imagining that nearly every new thread is a right v left argument?

Perch shouldn’t be on here if Keith wants to attract children after all the things he’s said in the past.

I hope it gets better here for Keith I truly do but you’re going to have to explain stunning to me.

Don't trust the BBC on 21:47 - Oct 14 with 1058 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 21:46 - Oct 14 by Darran

Be serious for a minute.

Perch shouldn’t be on here if Keith wants to attract children after all the things he’s said in the past.

I hope it gets better here for Keith I truly do but you’re going to have to explain stunning to me.

Here you go tell me I’m wrong.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/category:4-non-football

Don't trust the BBC on 21:52 - Oct 14 with 1051 viewsDr_Parnassus

The forum has never been so good.

Instead of thread upon thread of slating Liverpool we have political discussion in an election year. It’s fantastic.

I think it’s good there is two boards as it means anyone who doesn’t quite understand political discourse can go to the other and talk about Britain’s Got Talent.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Don't trust the BBC on 21:59 - Oct 14 with 1041 viewsFlashberryjack

Don't trust the BBC on 21:46 - Oct 14 by Darran

Be serious for a minute.

Jesus mate, you really are one bitter hombre, let it go mun, you'll feel a lot better.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Don't trust the BBC on 22:03 - Oct 14 with 1032 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 21:59 - Oct 14 by Flashberryjack

Jesus mate, you really are one bitter hombre, let it go mun, you'll feel a lot better.

No I’m not I’m perfectly fine. I’m just trying to help Keith.

Oh and on a side note the thread entitled “Sexual Preference” isn’t particularly helpful to attract children either.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 22:04]

Don't trust the BBC on 22:13 - Oct 14 with 1009 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 22:03 - Oct 14 by Darran

No I’m not I’m perfectly fine. I’m just trying to help Keith.

Oh and on a side note the thread entitled “Sexual Preference” isn’t particularly helpful to attract children either.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 22:04]

What would you prefer it say petal?

Don't trust the BBC on 22:15 - Oct 14 with 1008 viewsbritferry

Don't trust the BBC on 22:13 - Oct 14 by Dr_Parnassus

that will be the first one the kids read

Don't trust the BBC on 22:18 - Oct 14 with 1005 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 22:13 - Oct 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t care what it says tbh but if a parent looked over a child’s shoulder and saw the thread title I doubt they’d want them coming on here but you already knew that.

Don't trust the BBC on 22:21 - Oct 14 with 1002 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 22:18 - Oct 14 by Darran

I don’t care what it says tbh but if a parent looked over a child’s shoulder and saw the thread title I doubt they’d want them coming on here but you already knew that.

If a parent is afraid of a child seeing the term “sexual preference” then they shouldn’t allow a child a computer to start with, or a TV... or a dictionary.

Don't trust the BBC on 22:22 - Oct 14 with 999 viewsDarran

Don't trust the BBC on 22:21 - Oct 14 by Dr_Parnassus

If a parent is afraid of a child seeing the term “sexual preference” then they shouldn’t allow a child a computer to start with, or a TV... or a dictionary.

So we can all swear then yeah?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024