Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great result, not a great performance. 22:12 - Oct 23 with 5454 viewsMoonyDale

The scoreline flattered us tonight, first half they were poor we were worse. Things didn't improve second half until the change, Donnelly changed the game with a cracking header from ............wait for it............A cross from what looked suspiciously like Grant out on the wing, the goal repaid a few minutes later from Grant from ..........Wait for it........A cross from Donnelly out on the other flank. If we start with that formation on Saturday we have a chance, if we go with big Dele up front as we did from the start tonight we will struggle. Those who were booing in the Sandy just before the first goal hang your heads in shame, you could see that the players were struggling for confidence and the Boo boys did them no favours, 2 cracking finishes though and 2 superb crosses into the box...Take note JC..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:26 - Oct 23 with 1252 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:20 - Oct 23 by MoonyDale

Google is a wonderful thing isn't it ? unless of course you sit with a dictionary by your side which I very much doubt. To quote you in response " over critical" In no way was my post over critical, merely offering my opinion on the game I witnessed, you may now go back and look up the meaning of your oft used word "mong" then look in the mirror....

I actually got it directly from my oxford english dictionary which i use to complete all work.

I feel you were over critical, to suggest we were worse than poor, in my opinion is OTT. we weren't great, but it wasn't worse than poor. Also you claimed your post was in no way critical, when i have just shown that you were actually negative.

Very good comment about the mong. did it take you long to think of that one. WHAT A BELLEND.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:27 - Oct 23 with 1239 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:26 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

I actually got it directly from my oxford english dictionary which i use to complete all work.

I feel you were over critical, to suggest we were worse than poor, in my opinion is OTT. we weren't great, but it wasn't worse than poor. Also you claimed your post was in no way critical, when i have just shown that you were actually negative.

Very good comment about the mong. did it take you long to think of that one. WHAT A BELLEND.

Did you come up with the bellend line when you looked in the mirror as I suggested ?

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:29 - Oct 23 with 1235 viewsD_Alien

crit·i·cal (krt-kl)
adj.
1. Inclined to judge severely and find fault.
2. Characterized by careful, exact evaluation and judgment.

You missed point no. 2 didn't you? Like I said,selective...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:33 - Oct 23 with 1211 viewsMoonyDale

Also the use of Capital letters and question marks are often used when quoting the titles of books and asking questions. You really should be adding more books to your collection.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:37 - Oct 23 with 1190 viewsRotherhamDale

Sweetcorn doesn't like differing opinions, it's a pity because the majority are of more value than his.

Possession with progression.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:48 - Oct 23 with 1149 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:33 - Oct 23 by MoonyDale

Also the use of Capital letters and question marks are often used when quoting the titles of books and asking questions. You really should be adding more books to your collection.

Sorry. I didn't realise that I had to use correct grammar on a forum. I have taken note and will do so from now on.

Also if D_alien is replying to me, please allow he's to know that he's wasting his time, as he's been on my ignore list since he kept mentioning how he was thinking about going games but didn't, but doesn't miss it. There's only so many times i can hear that.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:50 - Oct 23 with 1138 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:37 - Oct 23 by RotherhamDale

Sweetcorn doesn't like differing opinions, it's a pity because the majority are of more value than his.

Weird. I don't believe i've been agressive in anyway on this thread. stated that i thought the OP was critical of the team. Moonydale got his wife's used tampon stuck up his a*se and it all escalated from there.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:56 - Oct 23 with 1122 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:37 - Oct 23 by RotherhamDale

Also i value your opinion as much as a nun values cock.

Login to get fewer ads

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:57 - Oct 23 with 1120 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:48 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

Sorry. I didn't realise that I had to use correct grammar on a forum. I have taken note and will do so from now on.

Also if D_alien is replying to me, please allow he's to know that he's wasting his time, as he's been on my ignore list since he kept mentioning how he was thinking about going games but didn't, but doesn't miss it. There's only so many times i can hear that.

Surprisingly you are not on my ignore list, surprising that is as I normally add tiresome individuals to that list pretty quickly. I do enjoy a spot of verbal jousting with the best of them, unfortunately you do not fall into that category.....

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:05 - Oct 24 with 1091 viewsroccydaleian

Good stuff Moony and Sweetcorn. You two will never go on my ignore.
Great result, not a great performance. on 00:11 - Oct 24 with 1081 viewsThreeLions

Go on sweetcorn lad, don't let em bully you pal
Great result, not a great performance. on 00:15 - Oct 24 with 1070 viewsRotherhamDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:56 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

Also i value your opinion as much as a nun values cock.

Just noticed it a few times.

I don't really like sweetcorn so I guess we're equal really.
Devils food, along with soup.

Possession with progression.

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:16 - Oct 24 with 1065 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:11 - Oct 24 by ThreeLions

Go on sweetcorn lad, don't let em bully you pal

His reply is taking ages TL, must be checking his grammar before posting.

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:25 - Oct 24 with 1053 viewsNerazzurri

It wasn't the greatest performance but tonight we needed to win and we did. We asked to see a team that would show commitment and passion and we got that tonight. Even the much maligned Grimes worked his balls off.

Happy with the points tonight, happy with our league position and relatively pleased with how the team is shaping up. We are still a relatively new squad, there are going to be some poor performances but we are pulling off enough wins to keep us in a good position.

It's time for us as fans to back this team now and give ourselves the best chance at staying in the position we are in. You never know, our backing may just convince the board in January that they can afford that extra player we need to be successful.

Forza Nerazzurri

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:29 - Oct 24 with 1045 viewsTVOS1907

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:16 - Oct 23 by chuckleberry

It's not often I agree with everything you say but tonight I do. I couldn't even be arsed to move when we scored.

What has gone so horribly wrong this season?

Not enough Mexican waves.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:29 - Oct 24 with 1033 viewsTVOS1907

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:16 - Oct 23 by chuckleberry

It's not often I agree with everything you say but tonight I do. I couldn't even be arsed to move when we scored.

What has gone so horribly wrong this season?

And not enough vitality.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:33 - Oct 24 with 1022 viewsDaley_Lama

If there are any 3rd year Students doing Sports Psychology then THIS season is the one to do an online questionaire of Dale fans.

The only question would be.

You're 6th in the table, why the long face?

If you could make logic of all of the answers, I reckon you'd be on track for a first.

Poll: DF in or out

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:39 - Oct 24 with 1011 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 00:33 - Oct 24 by Daley_Lama

If there are any 3rd year Students doing Sports Psychology then THIS season is the one to do an online questionaire of Dale fans.

The only question would be.

You're 6th in the table, why the long face?

If you could make logic of all of the answers, I reckon you'd be on track for a first.

We have been spoiled during five of the last six seasons for one, there is a lack of feel good factor around the club and amongst the fans. league positions can give a false impression sometimes but gaining points when not at ones best is no bad thing, let's hope the performances improve as the weeks go on.

Great result, not a great performance. on 01:53 - Oct 24 with 970 viewsBlueDutch

Considering we played with ten men for 90 minutes it was a great 3 points. We all know who was missing most of the game. If Coleman can't see it, he is going to have to play home games in front of many more sub 2000 crowds. I felt sorry for Dele, he spent the game with his back to goal looking up 30ft into a swirling wind, the couple of occasions he got the ball at his feet he did well. That said if Oxford had anything about them, they would have walked it, as Dale were dire for most of the game. We need a different captain to replace the static caravan.

upthedale.nl

Great result, not a great performance. on 04:50 - Oct 24 with 945 viewsBrierls

Great result, not a great performance. on 01:53 - Oct 24 by BlueDutch

Considering we played with ten men for 90 minutes it was a great 3 points. We all know who was missing most of the game. If Coleman can't see it, he is going to have to play home games in front of many more sub 2000 crowds. I felt sorry for Dele, he spent the game with his back to goal looking up 30ft into a swirling wind, the couple of occasions he got the ball at his feet he did well. That said if Oxford had anything about them, they would have walked it, as Dale were dire for most of the game. We need a different captain to replace the static caravan.

Eh? Cavanagh had a good game. Broke up opposition play, used the ball well the majority of the time, and played a wonderful ball to release Grant to setup our first.
Great result, not a great performance. on 08:03 - Oct 24 with 889 viewsaleanddale

Great result, not a great performance. on 04:50 - Oct 24 by Brierls

Eh? Cavanagh had a good game. Broke up opposition play, used the ball well the majority of the time, and played a wonderful ball to release Grant to setup our first.

Agree best game for Cav in a Dale Shirt.

Thats the template for a performance. Lets see plenty more please.

Broke up play with some good tackles. Only one or 2 mis placed passes.

Great run and through ball for our opening goal.

Get off the fellas back now for crying out loud. The people just waiting pounce and critisice the first slightest mistake hang your heads in shame.

Are we up to 6th ?? and not firing?. well that bodes well if we can help in giving the players a little more confidence each match during the game.
Great result, not a great performance. on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 815 viewsgizmo

Great thread title, hits the nail right on the head. Also note though, it must be part of some dale fans makeup, to moan about EVERYTHING. Now we arent playing good football? The league table doesnt lie. Sexy football it may not be, but we are 6th?!?!??

I reckon thats good enough for this time of the season, bearing in mind the teams problems/timespan in knitting together at relatively short notice.

But some will just moan and groan. get a grip ppl, you know who you are.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Great result, not a great performance. on 09:53 - Oct 24 with 807 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 01:53 - Oct 24 by BlueDutch

If i was cav, i wouldn't want to be the captain of a club with fans like ours. Its gonna be a case of no matter how he plays, he's getting criticised, because last night he had a decent game for a centre defensive midfielder.

He broke up the play, by being in the faces of the oxford midfield, aswel as making some great tackles, played short accurate passes, which kept the playing going (something i remember members of this board creaming over when it was BBM producing them), oh and i almost forgot, played a quality ball over the top to release grant for donnelly's goal.

But yeah, you're right. Woeful caravan.

Great result, not a great performance. on 10:08 - Oct 24 with 801 viewsdingdangblue

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:08 - Oct 23 by boromat

Oh I forgot to say I agree with most peoples ratings of players Kennedy, Tutte, Bennett all brilliant. Cav was better. Full backs poor. One who hasn't been mentioned is Lillis who had a fantastic game and kept us in it a few times with a couple of acrobatics.

Agreed - Lillis was superb tonight. The save he made just before Donnelly put us 1 up was world class.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great result, not a great performance. on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 784 views442Dale

Great result, not a great performance. on 09:53 - Oct 24 by sweetcorn

If i was cav, i wouldn't want to be the captain of a club with fans like ours. Its gonna be a case of no matter how he plays, he's getting criticised, because last night he had a decent game for a centre defensive midfielder.

He broke up the play, by being in the faces of the oxford midfield, aswel as making some great tackles, played short accurate passes, which kept the playing going (something i remember members of this board creaming over when it was BBM producing them), oh and i almost forgot, played a quality ball over the top to release grant for donnelly's goal.

But yeah, you're right. Woeful caravan.

Talking about the captaincy, I noticed Cavanagh had the armband back last night - was he captain at Plymouth too? Tutte had it v Morecambe even though Cavanagh was back in the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024