Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police going to food banks 19:25 - Jun 29 with 4895 viewsKeithHaynes

The starting pay in my old county of Gloucestershire where I lived for a bit is £19,350 - £19,900
Feature on it tonight on the bbc west news. Some forces go as high as 21,250 apparently.

For the first year that’s a gross of around £1600 a month before tax and NI.
Plus 14% on average in to their police pension ( now 35 years )

That’s around £300 a week. Or £350 if your partying on £21,000 ish.

It does go up in increments after year 3, but could anyone survive on that ?

As I said some officers going to food banks and the federation are issuing them with food tickets.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Police going to food banks on 22:34 - Jun 29 with 962 viewsBoundy

Police going to food banks on 22:31 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Or just experiencing a bit of life mate and happy to share it.
You dont get anywhere by sitting still.

Something a lot either avoid or can only read about but still judge others

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Police going to food banks on 22:35 - Jun 29 with 959 viewsangryjack

Police going to food banks on 21:56 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

And when it goes to Court...

We have seen things that would have the likes of contro running for the sink .

Police run into trouble whereas the public run away

The Police Service does have carry some blame given the craven way senior ranks close around simply protecting their next promotion .

It is quite normal now for pre pubescant kids to openly insult police officers on the streets. Not sure the Guardia Civil have this problem.

Then we have the likes of controversial.

God help us .

Didn't see the police running into trouble in Maryhill.more like running away..sh!thouses..
Police going to food banks on 22:37 - Jun 29 with 945 viewsangryjack

Police going to food banks on 22:31 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Or just experiencing a bit of life mate and happy to share it.
You dont get anywhere by sitting still.

Police going to food banks on 22:38 - Jun 29 with 936 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 22:34 - Jun 29 by Boundy

Something a lot either avoid or can only read about but still judge others

Personally I like people, no matter who they are, ex services will understand this. I couldn’t care who they are or how people are judged mate. Backgrounds, experiences, peoples opinions are all valid to me, apart from when they get all keyboard fighty. One of my best mates did ten years inside, we have a bond, it’s called friendship and trust. People can think what they like tbh, it makes no odds to me, and as I’ve read you think the same.

Anyway, the hornet king 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Police going to food banks on 22:40 - Jun 29 with 928 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 22:38 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Personally I like people, no matter who they are, ex services will understand this. I couldn’t care who they are or how people are judged mate. Backgrounds, experiences, peoples opinions are all valid to me, apart from when they get all keyboard fighty. One of my best mates did ten years inside, we have a bond, it’s called friendship and trust. People can think what they like tbh, it makes no odds to me, and as I’ve read you think the same.

Anyway, the hornet king 👍

You are the Angel Gabriel and I claim my ten pounds

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Police going to food banks on 22:50 - Jun 29 with 895 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 22:16 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Who attends these scenes of dead bloating bodies or bent over heroin overdoses with maggots crawling out of their eyes ? The average plod.

As for meal breaks after eighteen hours at work even Boris is entitled to a corn beef sandwich.

Nurses get paid more than starter coppers I’m told. As for ten pound an average care worker pay, the average is £12.59 an hour but we won’t split hairs but that’s £24 plus k a year. You asked a question, I just thought I would answer it. None of these professions get paid enough, we know that but that isn’t the point.

A car accident always brings back memories. Being the first there and seeing four dead bodies all crumpled up. You can still smell the after shave, the radio is still playing and someone is still shouting hello on a mobile phone. The delight on a mothers face when the only remaining analysed part of her dead daughter after the Paddington rail crash was the tip of her finger was given to her. She was delighted. Seriously happy. Three years later.

I know the stock reply is well people shouldn’t sign up for these things but then neither do rubbish collectors. A slight off moment and lack of thought when the protocols for putting the bin in to the back of the lorry are forgotten. Both bin guy and the bin went the same way. His upper body as flat as a pancake, in fact I’ve seen thicker pancakes. Did he knowingly sign up for that ?

Risks are everywhere in every profession that involves humans. Ive said it before there is no more free radical than a human being. But to undermine these professions by comparing notes is somewhat strange. As I said you asked the question, it’s been answered. Probably won’t have a corn beef sandwich tonight bloody brexit has affected deliveries to Spain by all accounts, baked beans too. 👍

Care workers in the NHS do not get paid that much.
Police going to food banks on 22:52 - Jun 29 with 886 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 22:35 - Jun 29 by angryjack

Didn't see the police running into trouble in Maryhill.more like running away..sh!thouses..

I didn t see them doing much during that Texas school shooting either
Police going to food banks on 22:54 - Jun 29 with 878 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 22:16 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Who attends these scenes of dead bloating bodies or bent over heroin overdoses with maggots crawling out of their eyes ? The average plod.

As for meal breaks after eighteen hours at work even Boris is entitled to a corn beef sandwich.

Nurses get paid more than starter coppers I’m told. As for ten pound an average care worker pay, the average is £12.59 an hour but we won’t split hairs but that’s £24 plus k a year. You asked a question, I just thought I would answer it. None of these professions get paid enough, we know that but that isn’t the point.

A car accident always brings back memories. Being the first there and seeing four dead bodies all crumpled up. You can still smell the after shave, the radio is still playing and someone is still shouting hello on a mobile phone. The delight on a mothers face when the only remaining analysed part of her dead daughter after the Paddington rail crash was the tip of her finger was given to her. She was delighted. Seriously happy. Three years later.

I know the stock reply is well people shouldn’t sign up for these things but then neither do rubbish collectors. A slight off moment and lack of thought when the protocols for putting the bin in to the back of the lorry are forgotten. Both bin guy and the bin went the same way. His upper body as flat as a pancake, in fact I’ve seen thicker pancakes. Did he knowingly sign up for that ?

Risks are everywhere in every profession that involves humans. Ive said it before there is no more free radical than a human being. But to undermine these professions by comparing notes is somewhat strange. As I said you asked the question, it’s been answered. Probably won’t have a corn beef sandwich tonight bloody brexit has affected deliveries to Spain by all accounts, baked beans too. 👍

18 hour shifts are illegal. Just saying!
Login to get fewer ads

Police going to food banks on 22:58 - Jun 29 with 869 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 22:22 - Jun 29 by raynor94

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its.......

Some of us just have greatness thrust upon us
Police going to food banks on 22:58 - Jun 29 with 867 viewsjack_lord

Keith, you may be aware of the starting wage as a soldier or sailer. It is 15k a year and goes up to 20k after 6 months. It is expected you may get a promotion after 4 years.

Question. How much do you think they should start on with no training?

It is good to get it out there to get proper comparisons to see what people earn and what they can expect to experience in the job.
Nurses are not paid but have loans while they do there three year training.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Police going to food banks on 23:01 - Jun 29 with 860 viewsraynor94

Police going to food banks on 22:58 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

Some of us just have greatness thrust upon us

In your own head

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Police going to food banks on 23:10 - Jun 29 with 853 viewsBoundy

Police going to food banks on 22:54 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

18 hour shifts are illegal. Just saying!

No they're not , just saying

Police going to food banks on 23:23 - Jun 29 with 840 views1462jack

Police going to food banks on 22:01 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

You don't join if you want an easy life. Many nurses and care workers see that every day and more for £10 an hour. What's a meal break?

Many alcoholics for example bleed out before death and many vomit up faeces if they have bowel blockages

The average plod rarely get's to see that, they are too busy arresting drunks and handing out motoring offences. Nothing particularly difficult about everyday policing. Yes, they may get the occasional awful scenario to attend, but that's not the everyday experience of the the average constable

Your a creature really ain’t you , typical faceless internet warrior
Police going to food banks on 00:09 - Jun 30 with 815 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 23:23 - Jun 29 by 1462jack

Your a creature really ain’t you , typical faceless internet warrior

We all are mate
Police going to food banks on 17:08 - Jun 30 with 722 viewsCatullus

Police going to food banks on 22:01 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

You don't join if you want an easy life. Many nurses and care workers see that every day and more for £10 an hour. What's a meal break?

Many alcoholics for example bleed out before death and many vomit up faeces if they have bowel blockages

The average plod rarely get's to see that, they are too busy arresting drunks and handing out motoring offences. Nothing particularly difficult about everyday policing. Yes, they may get the occasional awful scenario to attend, but that's not the everyday experience of the the average constable

What, because arresting drunks is easy? I was on wind street one night, I watched in hrror as a group of blokes flooded out of a bar and proceeded to attack the paramedic trying to save their friends life. They weren't there when he fell over and banged his head, didn't notice he was missing either, in their drunken stupor. I watched as 2 policemen waded in to try and help, fists and feet flying, 2 police and 2 paramedics against 9-10 drunken a holes. Despite this the medics saved the guy but all his mates copped it because reinforcements arrived and they were all nicked.

I didn't bother with Wind street much after that, it must be 20 years ago now and I doubt its gotten easier.

Ho about the fella who tried to commit suicide by taking an overdose in Orchard street car park, 2 years back, in his agony he ended up throwing himself out and hit the pavement with a splat apparently, he lived for about 30 minutes by the account the car park manager gave me, the police had to stand and watch, the ambulance came but they couldn't help him as he bled out with stuff oozing from his skull.

My particular choice of difficulty though comes from my youth. A boy called Anthony Davies, always in trouble all through school. He commited suicide (40 years ago now) and the first copper on scene was the local village policeman who just happened to be his father.

But no, not a difficult job. Football hooligans, drunks, drug addicts, mental health problems, violent scumbags...nothing difficult there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Police going to food banks on 17:18 - Jun 30 with 720 viewsWingstandwood

Police going to food banks on 17:08 - Jun 30 by Catullus

What, because arresting drunks is easy? I was on wind street one night, I watched in hrror as a group of blokes flooded out of a bar and proceeded to attack the paramedic trying to save their friends life. They weren't there when he fell over and banged his head, didn't notice he was missing either, in their drunken stupor. I watched as 2 policemen waded in to try and help, fists and feet flying, 2 police and 2 paramedics against 9-10 drunken a holes. Despite this the medics saved the guy but all his mates copped it because reinforcements arrived and they were all nicked.

I didn't bother with Wind street much after that, it must be 20 years ago now and I doubt its gotten easier.

Ho about the fella who tried to commit suicide by taking an overdose in Orchard street car park, 2 years back, in his agony he ended up throwing himself out and hit the pavement with a splat apparently, he lived for about 30 minutes by the account the car park manager gave me, the police had to stand and watch, the ambulance came but they couldn't help him as he bled out with stuff oozing from his skull.

My particular choice of difficulty though comes from my youth. A boy called Anthony Davies, always in trouble all through school. He commited suicide (40 years ago now) and the first copper on scene was the local village policeman who just happened to be his father.

But no, not a difficult job. Football hooligans, drunks, drug addicts, mental health problems, violent scumbags...nothing difficult there.

And to add further insult to injury?.... There are (and proven to be!) lying 'innocence-scam' campaigns and activists who totally ignore damning facts, evidence and victims families GUILTY verdict satisfaction.

Talk about a thankless job the police have at times!

Argus!

Police going to food banks on 18:17 - Jun 30 with 676 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 22:52 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

I didn t see them doing much during that Texas school shooting either

Maybe they read your crap on here and felt it was all the Tories fault and they had every right to riot.
Read my comments on Police managers,son.

Police going to food banks on 18:19 - Jun 30 with 661 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 17:08 - Jun 30 by Catullus

Not rocket science is it?
Police going to food banks on 18:21 - Jun 30 with 653 viewsraynor94

Police going to food banks on 18:19 - Jun 30 by controversial_jack

You need to get out of the house more

Police going to food banks on 18:27 - Jun 30 with 655 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 18:21 - Jun 30 by raynor94

Fighting isnt or wasnt a problem for me,mainly as times were slightly different.
Anyone attacking me was knocked down ;anyone looking like they were about to attack me were also decked. I d rather be alive and face a discipline charge and then ,if sacked,get another job. I was alright though.

The problem now is the Police hierarchy who are openly craven. Angry mentioned Mayhill and he s right.In the day,had I been in charge of that area,I would assembled a PSU outfit and gone in hard taking out the ringleaders first.
Police will be criticised if they act or if they dont so they might as well act and take back the streets so old people dont have to cover behind the sofa in their own home.

IMO,Police Commander in Mayhill that night should have been up on a neglect of duty charge,as hould many in our inner city cesspits.

Police going to food banks on 21:58 - Jun 30 with 605 viewsBoundy

Police going to food banks on 18:19 - Jun 30 by controversial_jack

A div such as yourself wouldn't understand if Enid Blyton wrote it

Police going to food banks on 22:05 - Jun 30 with 596 viewsWhiterockin

Far better he locks himself in and we never see or hear of him again.
Police going to food banks on 22:20 - Jun 30 with 573 viewsraynor94

Police going to food banks on 22:05 - Jun 30 by Whiterockin

Far better he locks himself in and we never see or hear of him again.

That's what he has done, he used to post from behind the sofa during Covid, hence my he needs to get out more.

He's just a troll

Police going to food banks on 22:28 - Jun 30 with 575 viewsCatullus

He's right though, isn't he. It's not rocket science because rocket science is easy compared to policing, physicists don't often have drunks, druggies or any variety of criminals attacking them while they do their job. They don't have to go to the worst parts of town and deal with the worst types of people every day.

Every time he posts he proves what a troll and a WUM he is.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Police going to food banks on 06:41 - Jul 1 with 544 viewsangryjack

Really can't understand,what the police ard here for,only last week our next door neighbours,who srd junkies and live a crazy life, have all sorts back and for,we have been having needle back and for for quite a while now with the way they live,music all hours out front making noise all hours.well last week at 8.30 a.m.me and my partner were coming back from shop,when I got out car he was on doorstep asking who the f@ck am I looking at,I turned around and told him where to go,he came running at me swinging a baseball bat,as he swung and his hands and bat followed through I got close and hammered him,not proud to say but I beat him to a pulp..his skank of a girlfriend jumped on my back so my partner tried pull her off and she bit my partners finger and scammed all her face..the police were called by a neighbour and it was all on a xamera..they asked my partner if she wanted make complaint and told me it looks like self defence,my partner has had to have blood test and tetanus as they junkies..she made a complaint as she feels next time they could have a knife..and also even though I battered him they are still antagonising and pushing for me to do something again,she has told police this that they are still pushing and after making complaint still not done anything,it's going get stage where one of them is seriously hurt..and we will be ones done..they have said ignore them but its not easy I can see myself reacting again,very soon.and why because they can't do their jobs..too bad I will have take in own hands..someone might be killed before they do anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024