Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are we on here health-wise? 20:44 - Mar 17 with 5281 viewsdickythorpe

Are all posters on here well or as well as can be expected?

I salute all who are going about their daily routines as "normally" as possible.

I've found the last two days very odd. There's so much unknown and no one is clear how things are going to pan out.

How are we on here health-wise? on 23:20 - Mar 17 with 1118 viewsladyjack

How are we on here health-wise? on 23:02 - Mar 17 by Catullus

Ok, giving you the benefit of.....I am at higher risk of dying if I catch it. Still I would prefer I got it and my son didn't. I couldn't tell you if am more (or less) likely to catch it than anyone else.

Some vunerable groups will be protected as much as possible from the virus that seems to be the aim, other groups will be in the front line fighting it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 23:26]
How are we on here health-wise? on 01:39 - Mar 18 with 1039 viewsDJack

How are we on here health-wise? on 23:14 - Mar 17 by Banosswan

Asthmatic with high blood pressure, who's had lymph nodes out from previous stage 4 cancer

I'm still working in a respiratory department in Sutton Coldfield hospital, keeping clean, taking my inhalers (for once) and trying to calm patients.

Hysteria is the worst answer, keep calm and follow advice.

Good advice, stay safe.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

How are we on here health-wise? on 07:20 - Mar 18 with 990 viewsdickythorpe

Dentists are only open to emergencies. I have an appointment for a routine check up today but I didn't fancy going.
An answerphone message says due to Welsh government advice they are only available to emergencies and all check ups were cancelled.
How are we on here health-wise? on 07:38 - Mar 18 with 969 viewsswan65split

Asthmatic with high blood pressure, who's had lymph nodes out from previous stage 4 cancer

I'm still working in a respiratory department in Sutton Coldfield hospital, keeping clean, taking my inhalers (for once) and trying to calm patients.

Good luck and well done you, I have 2 elderly and vulnerable friends living in SC.
How are we on here health-wise? on 09:22 - Mar 18 with 940 viewsmonmouth

You are a genuine hero. An absolute star.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:07 - Mar 18 with 918 viewssainthelens

How are we on here health-wise? on 09:22 - Mar 18 by monmouth

This.
How are we on here health-wise? on 10:16 - Mar 18 with 910 viewsEbo

We all remote worked as a trial using new software yesterday and it was a success (just in case we have to close the office and work from home).

Roads a little quieter than usual driving in today. I've not much in my cupboards food-wise (I am trying to avoid crowds) but have a full freezer. Will go to the supermarket after work tonight to get essentials.

Stay safe and be sensible. Distance yourselves socially (it's not forever), read a book, listen to music, watch a film, eat something nice.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:21 - Mar 18 with 908 viewsdcd14

How are we on here health-wise? on 21:57 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

More concerned about my parents but neither of them seem bothered.

My dad (who loves a crisis) is cheerfully attempting to make his own hand sanitiser from Ethanol and Aloe Vera cream and my mother is convinced that it's all a big fuss over nothing.

Different generation.

I feel the same as your parents.

I am in my 30s.

World has gone mad.
Login to get fewer ads

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:27 - Mar 18 with 895 viewsMrSwerve

Our University has closed until April 20th at the earliest...all lectures and support has been moved online. Any meetings via Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc.

It'll be really interesting to see how this affects how work is done after the virus has gone. A lot of stuff can actually be done from home, without wasting time commuting etc. Probably not great for mental health, but interesting all the same.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:33 - Mar 18 with 891 viewsGreatBritton

I contracted a chest infection in early January which is only now slowly starting to disappear. I had a secret dark thought that I might be patient zero but I haven't been to China for twenty odd years, so that was just my normal paranoia.

I'm dreading the thought of catching Covid19 but I still can't quite believe I will, or quite believe I wouldn't recover after a few horrible days. There is an indomitable spirit in most of us that says "Not me. Not this time."

Naturally I'm taking every precaution. But I miss seeing my family, grandchildren especially. On the upside I'm getting more techy and using Facetime etc.

I thought I'd miss football more. That's odd, isn't it? Perhaps football isn't the all important thing I always believed it was.
How are we on here health-wise? on 10:36 - Mar 18 with 883 viewsHighjack

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:33 - Mar 18 by GreatBritton

I contracted a chest infection in early January which is only now slowly starting to disappear. I had a secret dark thought that I might be patient zero but I haven't been to China for twenty odd years, so that was just my normal paranoia.

I'm dreading the thought of catching Covid19 but I still can't quite believe I will, or quite believe I wouldn't recover after a few horrible days. There is an indomitable spirit in most of us that says "Not me. Not this time."

Naturally I'm taking every precaution. But I miss seeing my family, grandchildren especially. On the upside I'm getting more techy and using Facetime etc.

I thought I'd miss football more. That's odd, isn't it? Perhaps football isn't the all important thing I always believed it was.

Football not important? You’re delirious man. Get tested immediately.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:38 - Mar 18 with 875 viewsunion_jack

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:36 - Mar 18 by Highjack

Football not important? You’re delirious man. Get tested immediately.

😄
As someone said, it’s the most important thing of unimportant things.

Strangely, I’m not missing it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How are we on here health-wise? on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 841 viewsswan65split

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:33 - Mar 18 by GreatBritton

Ditto, I know a couple who had similar, my thought exactly it may have been the virus, but some medic on the radio this morning says no it wasn't, but I would disagree, then again who are we mere mortals!

Not missing the football!!! well not some of the stuff weve seen this season , or is it non season?!
How are we on here health-wise? on 11:40 - Mar 18 with 833 viewschad

Best wishes to you all and your families and most grateful thanks to those keeping us going, especially those at higher risk and/or on the front line.

Heartfelt positive thoughts go out to all those badly affected in whatever way.

It was my birthday on Monday and made me smile to think of all the children singing happy birthday as they washed their hands.

Perhaps one important thing is to watch diets as much as possible, to build up our immune systems and lungs (possibly consider some supplements). Should be particularly helpful to those of us not in the first flush of our youth or total tip top health.

Also consider some type of exercise even if only indoors.

Good to hear Mon is on the bran, not sure if that alleviates or exacerbates the loo roll issue ;)
How are we on here health-wise? on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 808 viewsCatullus

How are we on here health-wise? on 10:27 - Mar 18 by MrSwerve

Our University has closed until April 20th at the earliest...all lectures and support has been moved online. Any meetings via Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc.

It'll be really interesting to see how this affects how work is done after the virus has gone. A lot of stuff can actually be done from home, without wasting time commuting etc. Probably not great for mental health, but interesting all the same.

This is spot on. The Yorkshire Post has a story about HS2, about how the Corona virus has proved HS2 isn't needed because of skype/conference calls etc and all the people working from home,

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/letters/coronavirus-proves-hs2-not-

New ways of working, maybe ways that actually improve mental health because lets face it, if people aren't spending hours commuting they have more spare time to do things with family and friends. It'd be better for the environment too. Then we just to reel in the rich,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51906530

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 785 viewsMrSwerve

How are we on here health-wise? on 11:52 - Mar 18 by Catullus

This is spot on. The Yorkshire Post has a story about HS2, about how the Corona virus has proved HS2 isn't needed because of skype/conference calls etc and all the people working from home,

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/letters/coronavirus-proves-hs2-not-

New ways of working, maybe ways that actually improve mental health because lets face it, if people aren't spending hours commuting they have more spare time to do things with family and friends. It'd be better for the environment too. Then we just to reel in the rich,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51906530

Agree entirely - I think a mix between home working and being in work would be fantastic for mental health...possibly something like a 3 days in, 2 days out split. I think it's important to keep the social face-to-face aspect of work though, otherwise mental health could decline.

I must say that from a personal perspective, the amount of administration work that I can get through at home is at least three or four times the amount that I can get done actually in the office (interruptions, student meetings, etc.)

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:45 - Mar 18 with 772 viewsjedijack

I'm currently in isolation after feeling like shit since Sunday. Found out on Monday I've had close contact with a case that was confirmed on Monday.

My symptoms are relatively mild compared to what the vunerable can expect so making sure to keep it to myself.
How are we on here health-wise? on 12:48 - Mar 18 with 765 viewsMuteswan

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:45 - Mar 18 by jedijack

I'm currently in isolation after feeling like shit since Sunday. Found out on Monday I've had close contact with a case that was confirmed on Monday.

My symptoms are relatively mild compared to what the vunerable can expect so making sure to keep it to myself.

Use” The Force” JJ. Good luck. Hope things go well for you.
How are we on here health-wise? on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 759 viewsjedijack

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:48 - Mar 18 by Muteswan

Use” The Force” JJ. Good luck. Hope things go well for you.

Thanks Muteswan. As for the force - Always :)

I'm really not concered about myself, just feels like a heavy cold. More concerned about my parents as was with them on Sunday and dad is classed as a high risk. No sign of anything untoward going on there at the moment but mum has been forcing use of alcohol gel every half an hour for the last month. :)
How are we on here health-wise? on 13:08 - Mar 18 with 740 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:51 - Mar 18 by jedijack

I'm really not concered about myself, just feels like a heavy cold. More concerned about my parents as was with them on Sunday and dad is classed as a high risk. No sign of anything untoward going on there at the moment but mum has been forcing use of alcohol gel every half an hour for the last month. :)

Good luck mate.
If your temperature goes over 102F for more than a couple of days ring your GP as you could be heading for Pnuemonia, been there and done that 17 years ago and it is no fun at all.
How are we on here health-wise? on 13:09 - Mar 18 with 738 viewsMuteswan

How are we on here health-wise? on 12:51 - Mar 18 by jedijack

Yeah,I’m worrying about my mum too, hopefully as she is in a nursing home there won’t be so many external contacts to be concerned with, only staff.🤞
How are we on here health-wise? on 13:10 - Mar 18 with 732 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How are we on here health-wise? on 09:22 - Mar 18 by monmouth

This, stay safe.
How are we on here health-wise? on 13:19 - Mar 18 with 712 viewsCatullus

How are we on here health-wise? on 13:08 - Mar 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Good luck mate.
If your temperature goes over 102F for more than a couple of days ring your GP as you could be heading for Pnuemonia, been there and done that 17 years ago and it is no fun at all.

I've been there too, I didn't even feel the finger because I was delirious!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How are we on here health-wise? on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 712 viewsjedijack

How are we on here health-wise? on 13:08 - Mar 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Good luck mate.

Thanks mate.
I have been monitoring my temp. It was high yesterday and Monday but has dropped loads today, only 97F currently, on the lower end of normal but probably something to do with all of the windows being open. :)
How are we on here health-wise? on 13:27 - Mar 18 with 697 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How are we on here health-wise? on 23:02 - Mar 17 by Catullus

Ok, giving you the benefit of.....I am at higher risk of dying if I catch it. Still I would prefer I got it and my son didn't. I couldn't tell you if am more (or less) likely to catch it than anyone else.

The stats from the cruise ship on who is most likely to catch it is basically age related with very young least likely, but I can't remember where I saw it.
I think it was around 10% for 10s to 20s, then 20 year olds 15%, but 30 to 60 all seem to be around 20% and over 70s 25%
I will post the data if I can re-find it.
One reason may be to do with vitamin D, the younger you are the more Vit D you have and it gets lower with age and illnesses. Youngsters tend to run around in the sun when on holiday and really oldies spend their time in the ship's bars etc.
It could be one of the reasons for flu in the winter when there is much less sunshine to boost our Vit D.
So Vitamin C and D may help to boost your immune system to help fight off.

I am 73, my oldest brother is 84 with heart & kidney trouble, so in the top risk group.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024