Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred 16:47 - Aug 21 with 19687 viewsSimonJames

My first one.
Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to what team is "turning up" tomorrow (because I haven't got a flipping clue after Wednesday's performance)?

I'll throw caution to the wind and say: QPR 4 - 0 Rotherham.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 17:03]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Fred on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 2693 viewsSpiritofGregory

Nice for Stan to see us win.
Match Fred on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 2687 viewskropotkin41

Sounded like we did well today, playing some good football - although I imagine CR will be fuming about the 2 goals conceded again. Season could be exciting if we keep these kind of scorelines up! I look forward to reading the "just back"s.

The Player commentary is sooooo dull though - really pedestrian listening, and then, oh suddenly, a goal! Need a proper commentary team really.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Match Fred on 17:03 - Aug 22 with 2686 viewsColombiR

Match Fred on 16:58 - Aug 22 by vegasranger

Worst thing about the Championship, not being able watch but it must have been an entertaining game !! Good result but I'll be interested on reports of the defence. Another two goals at home to Rotherham isn't the best.

On commentary it sounded like it's a case of individual errors rather than being constantly overrun.

I also wonder whether Henry and Faurlin in centre midfield offer much protection. If Sandro ever reappears he might improve us by replacing Henry?

Might as well play Kpekawa ahead of Konchesky from what I've seen and heard?

None of this based on seeing the games though so we'll see what the Just-Backers say...

Anyway nine goals in three games: who needs a defence?!
Match Fred on 17:03 - Aug 22 with 2672 viewseghamranger

7 points in 7 days and 9 goals scored.

Can't complain as we have only lost to charlton and they are doing ok this season.

Shame we didn't put our chances away last week though
Match Fred on 17:04 - Aug 22 with 2652 viewsSimonJames

Match Fred on 16:58 - Aug 22 by vegasranger

Worst thing about the Championship, not being able watch but it must have been an entertaining game !! Good result but I'll be interested on reports of the defence. Another two goals at home to Rotherham isn't the best.

But at least on QPR player they uploaded the whole 90 mins of the Wolves game the next day.
So hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to watch the video version of today's match.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Fred on 17:06 - Aug 22 with 2592 viewsBrazilNutR

in any other game today 2 goals would have won or drawn Rotherham the game.. all 1s and 0s everywhere else..couple of 2s...
Match Fred on 17:07 - Aug 22 with 2567 viewsPommyhoop

6th place..
Well joint 4th on 7 points....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Match Fred on 17:08 - Aug 22 with 2560 viewsitsbiga

We've scored the most goals in the league so far

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred on 17:13 - Aug 22 with 2429 viewsBromleyHoop

I wonder if any of those who went to the game will mention any comparison to our Championship winning season. It just feels similar in some way. For Taarabt see Chery. ...Faurlin returning to pull the strings.??

I'm not saying we're going to be Champions again it's just that Maybe we're like a proper football club again for the first time since that season.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 17:19]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Match Fred on 17:15 - Aug 22 with 2385 viewsAunt_Nelly

Match Fred on 17:08 - Aug 22 by itsbiga

We've scored the most goals in the league so far

Must be close to conceding the most too.

It's gonna be a long and bumpy ride.
Match Fred on 17:40 - Aug 22 with 2133 viewsjoolsyp

Match Fred on 16:52 - Aug 22 by CanadaRanger

Did everyone get on their feet for Chery?

Yep, they sure did.
Match Fred on 17:46 - Aug 22 with 2063 viewseghamranger

Did Green, Austin and Phillips look like they were going forever ? 😢
Match Fred on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 2003 viewsingeminate

Match Fred on 17:40 - Aug 22 by joolsyp

Yep, they sure did.

If this is what Ramsey is all about sign me up. First goal brilliant team goal. Really great football. Otherwise we try and play football, lots of one touch stuff, most came off. We have a soft centre sure, but up front we look really dangerous. Enjoyable day out!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Match Fred on 17:54 - Aug 22 with 1961 viewsjoolsyp

Match Fred on 17:13 - Aug 22 by BromleyHoop

I wonder if any of those who went to the game will mention any comparison to our Championship winning season. It just feels similar in some way. For Taarabt see Chery. ...Faurlin returning to pull the strings.??

I'm not saying we're going to be Champions again it's just that Maybe we're like a proper football club again for the first time since that season.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 17:19]

It's a very different side than Warnock's Championship side, no stand out performer although Chery looks like he might be our creative spark from midfield.

A dose of realism though - I'll be surprised if a worse team than Rotherham visits HQ this season and they still managed to score two against us. We dominated for long periods without really getting out of second gear, although granted the heat probably contributed to this. I think Ramsey hasn't quite got the hang of when to make changes - Ale and one or two others were flagging at 60 mins yet Ramsey waited another 10 mins or so before bringing Doughty on, at which point Ale had twice slipped in possession and gifted them a goal.

I know neither of them are flavour of the month but I thought Konchesky and Perch did well today, especially Konchesky who linked well with the midfield and attack. Hall also impressed me, read the game very well and looks like he could form a good partnership with chief.

As for Philips and Austin, I thought they both played well within themselves. Phillips in particular bottled at least two challenges and his delivery at times was poor. Both have their heads in the Premiership even if we want them to stay.

Great afternoon, though, and a fitting tribute to our greatest ever No. 10.
Match Fred on 18:00 - Aug 22 with 1894 viewsjohncharles

Match Fred on 17:46 - Aug 22 by eghamranger

Did Green, Austin and Phillips look like they were going forever ? 😢

No, they all played like they will be here forever.

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Fred on 18:04 - Aug 22 with 1842 viewsNW5Hoop

Match Fred on 17:54 - Aug 22 by joolsyp

It's a very different side than Warnock's Championship side, no stand out performer although Chery looks like he might be our creative spark from midfield.

A dose of realism though - I'll be surprised if a worse team than Rotherham visits HQ this season and they still managed to score two against us. We dominated for long periods without really getting out of second gear, although granted the heat probably contributed to this. I think Ramsey hasn't quite got the hang of when to make changes - Ale and one or two others were flagging at 60 mins yet Ramsey waited another 10 mins or so before bringing Doughty on, at which point Ale had twice slipped in possession and gifted them a goal.

I know neither of them are flavour of the month but I thought Konchesky and Perch did well today, especially Konchesky who linked well with the midfield and attack. Hall also impressed me, read the game very well and looks like he could form a good partnership with chief.

As for Philips and Austin, I thought they both played well within themselves. Phillips in particular bottled at least two challenges and his delivery at times was poor. Both have their heads in the Premiership even if we want them to stay.

Great afternoon, though, and a fitting tribute to our greatest ever No. 10.

I agree; not the same as Warnock's team — not as dominant in midfield, crucially — when we had Faurlin five years younger and without three cruciate injuries one after the other, and Derry who was twice as secure as Henry. Also, Helguson was much better in the lone striker role — though Austin is plainly the better player — because he pretty much only looked to bring other players in, whereas Austin is usually looking to shape a chance for himself.

Enjoyed the game, lots of positives (and Perch, I thought, was very good coming forward today). Chery looks like potentially our best midfield signing in years and years.

But the fact that we've conceded two in every game so far is a real worry — we won't keep winning games if we do that. And this was against a really very poor team.

Oh, and Steve Evans is so fat his arse blotted out the entire goal for those of us in the West Paddock near the dugout.
Match Fred on 18:12 - Aug 22 with 1785 viewsHAYESBOY

Just back.

We played well in stages. There is a nice understanding developing between Chery, Luongo and Phillips.
First two goals were down to those players really.
Ale didn't have his best game and came off on 75. Fans were right behind him though which is good to see. Henry works hard but he is back to dithering on the ball again.
Its weird really as Charlie has not performed anywhere near what he is capable of, which is mostly down to fitness, but he has 4 in 4, and should have had another penalty with their player going through the back of him to get to the ball.
We have now shipped 2 goals every game. Cant have that carrying on, and I feel we need another centre half.
Mention to Konchesky as I thought he had a good game today and goy forward a lot in the game.
If Sandro is staying and fit then he is a shoe in for a place in the middle two. Fer the same if he stays.
Was impressed with their striker who took their first goal well.
Good win but we must cut out the sloppy goals.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Match Fred on 18:18 - Aug 22 with 1731 viewsElHoop

I don't know how good we are or how bad the other lot were, but it was proper good fun to watch.
Match Fred on 18:27 - Aug 22 with 1668 viewsjohncharles

Match Fred on 17:50 - Aug 22 by ingeminate

If this is what Ramsey is all about sign me up. First goal brilliant team goal. Really great football. Otherwise we try and play football, lots of one touch stuff, most came off. We have a soft centre sure, but up front we look really dangerous. Enjoyable day out!

An enjoyable day out indeed. And more than welcome after the crap we've endured over the 'Arry years

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Fred on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 1544 viewseghamranger

Match Fred on 18:00 - Aug 22 by johncharles

No, they all played like they will be here forever.

Love it!

😎
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024