Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore Station Stop 17:07 - Apr 12 with 14059 viewsturkontour

Recently ive read about parking issues / parking tickets etc Sorry if this has been raised and or discussed before but what about the train stopping at Landore on natch days? Even if it was 1 train on way up from West Wales and one from East and similarly on way back? Still p's me off on natch day travelling on train from Llanelli and either passing Landore or being on stop and bang there's the ground up and over the foorbridge etc?
Landore Station Stop on 16:40 - Apr 14 with 2956 viewsSwaneeRiver

Landore Station Stop on 16:09 - Apr 14 by owainglyndwr

I also think there should be a Bus park and ride to the Liberty from Pontardawe to serve the Swansea and Amman Valleys.
The direct bus from Pontardawe runs straight to the Quadrant and the others stop about 50 times on the journey to the Liberty.
People like to have a beer this woild also cut traffic coming down the valley on match days

Party Barge down the Tawe from Pontardawe would be popular
Landore Station Stop on 16:41 - Apr 14 with 2956 viewsJBT95

Landore Station Stop on 19:17 - Apr 13 by dgt73

What are you talking about ? How do you get all those people on the limited bus service....and I doubt even a fit person wants to walk to the station in the middle of December when it's pi$$ing down.

It's not ideal in rain no but I've done it many times. It's called growing a pair and taking a coat.

Increase the bus service giving more jobs to the local community.
Landore Station Stop on 17:07 - Apr 14 with 2919 viewsdgt73

Landore Station Stop on 16:41 - Apr 14 by JBT95

It's not ideal in rain no but I've done it many times. It's called growing a pair and taking a coat.

Increase the bus service giving more jobs to the local community.

It's got nothing to do with growing a pair. Would people who go out for some entertainment be prepared to walk a good mile in the wet ? It doesn't bother me getting wet, but why should people when there's no need too. You catch the train why don't you grow a pair and walk instead?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Landore Station Stop on 18:01 - Apr 27 with 2355 viewsDyfnant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39733717
Bit of hope

New railway station plans for Wales chosen for scrutiny

Twelve new railway stations could be opened in Wales if the plans are judged to be viable.
Economy Secretary Ken Skates has written to AMs saying the sites have been chosen from a list of 46 proposals for more detailed scrutiny.
They include new suburban stations in Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham.
The Deeside industrial park, Llangefni on Anglesey, Bow Street near Aberystwyth and St Clears, Carmarthenshire, are also on the list.
Priority railway station proposals
Cardiff: Ely Mill/Victoria Park
Cardiff: Newport Road/Rover Way
Cardiff: St Mellons
Newport: Llanwern
Swansea: Cockett
Swansea: Landore
St Clears
Deeside Industrial Park/Northern Gateway
North Wrexham
South Wrexham
Llangefni
Bow Street

Ceredigion council has claimed there is "considerable support" for a new station at Bow Street
In his letter, Mr Skates said the first part of a three-stage process had whittled the list of 46 down to 12.
"The more costly work on producing detailed cost estimates for a new station and timetable modelling is only carried out on the highest priorities," he wrote.
"The stage two assessment will look in more detail at the strength of the financial and economic case for a new railway station, including advice from Network Rail on deliverability."
Bow Street, Llangefni and St Clears had stations open during the 19th Century railway boom but saw them close in the 1960s in the Beeching cuts, which reduced Britain's rail network by a third.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Landore Station Stop on 18:18 - Apr 27 with 2326 viewsMrSwerve

If we go down - no chance.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Landore Station Stop on 18:30 - Apr 27 with 2297 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landore Station Stop on 18:01 - Apr 27 by Dyfnant

Bit of hope

Twelve new railway stations could be opened in Wales if the plans are judged to be viable.
Economy Secretary Ken Skates has written to AMs saying the sites have been chosen from a list of 46 proposals for more detailed scrutiny.
The Deeside industrial park, Llangefni on Anglesey, Bow Street near Aberystwyth and St Clears, Carmarthenshire, are also on the list.
St Clears
North Wrexham
South Wrexham
Llangefni
Bow Street

Ceredigion council has claimed there is "considerable support" for a new station at Bow Street
In his letter, Mr Skates said the first part of a three-stage process had whittled the list of 46 down to 12.
"The more costly work on producing detailed cost estimates for a new station and timetable modelling is only carried out on the highest priorities," he wrote.
"The stage two assessment will look in more detail at the strength of the financial and economic case for a new railway station, including advice from Network Rail on deliverability."
Bow Street, Llangefni and St Clears had stations open during the 19th Century railway boom but saw them close in the 1960s in the Beeching cuts, which reduced Britain's rail network by a third.

Crockett station has opened and closed like a revolving door. I hope we get a station at the Liberty but I am not holding my breath. The four in the SE will go ahead though I have non doubt about that.
I hope WAG will see the light and build a North / South railway line as well. Much of the infastructuure is in place. It needs a new section in mid Wales, and a massive upgrade to existing, but it is possible. Just the sort of thing the EU would be interested in investing in... oh hang on.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landore Station Stop on 18:54 - Apr 27 with 2269 views1983

Landore Station Stop on 19:24 - Apr 12 by dgt73

The transport links to and from the liberty are something from the third world. Shocking.

Take it you've never been to Stoke away then and trying to get back into the City?

Landore Station Stop on 19:07 - Apr 27 with 2256 viewswaynekerr55

Landore Station Stop on 18:54 - Apr 27 by 1983

Take it you've never been to Stoke away then and trying to get back into the City?

You've just emphasised his point there mun 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Landore Station Stop on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 2221 viewsmorningstar

Landore Station Stop on 18:30 - Apr 27 by Private_Partz

Crockett station has opened and closed like a revolving door. I hope we get a station at the Liberty but I am not holding my breath. The four in the SE will go ahead though I have non doubt about that.
I hope WAG will see the light and build a North / South railway line as well. Much of the infastructuure is in place. It needs a new section in mid Wales, and a massive upgrade to existing, but it is possible. Just the sort of thing the EU would be interested in investing in... oh hang on.....

'Cockett station has opened and closed like a revolving door.'? It's been closed since 1964!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Landore Station Stop on 22:31 - Apr 27 with 2115 viewsClinton

Landore Station Stop on 18:01 - Apr 27 by Dyfnant

Bit of hope

St Clears
North Wrexham
South Wrexham
Llangefni
Bow Street

My prediction is that after detailed discussions, costings etc. the following will be deemed to be viable:

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Landore Station Stop on 23:22 - Apr 27 with 2073 viewsowainglyndwr

The Swansea Valley could do with a line at least to pontardawe with a park and ride.
Hopeless ......the thing is we live in Wales not Cardiff
Landore Station Stop on 06:55 - Apr 28 with 1995 viewsEdmundo

Landore Station Stop on 23:22 - Apr 27 by owainglyndwr

The Swansea Valley could do with a line at least to pontardawe with a park and ride.
Hopeless ......the thing is we live in Wales not Cardiff

Cardiff will get what it wants, after all it is the Capital. While your at it build an evening great Metro/Tram system for SE Wales.......got my vote WG👍😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Landore Station Stop on 14:47 - Apr 30 with 1738 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Landore Station Stop on 10:24 - Apr 14 by SwaneeRiver

So how come it's usually stopped or else crawls across the bridge at Landore?

T'would be ideal to throw fans off at the Liberty there

70 mph speed limit on that section of track.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Landore Station Stop on 15:08 - Apr 30 with 1712 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landore Station Stop on 19:46 - Apr 27 by morningstar

'Cockett station has opened and closed like a revolving door.'? It's been closed since 1964!

I am very old ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landore Station Stop on 22:42 - Apr 30 with 1648 viewsJacTawe

If the re-opening of the Landore station is important for you, then consider it when voting on Thursday, Plaid Cymru have said that they want to re-open it.

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Landore Station Stop on 22:46 - Apr 30 with 1642 viewsPokerface

Landore Station Stop on 16:40 - Apr 14 by SwaneeRiver

Party Barge down the Tawe from Pontardawe would be popular

Captain Tate.

What could go wrong ?

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024