Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That penalty decision 16:27 - Sep 22 with 10449 viewsTFP

Im sat behind the goal in the pearl street end and I'm incredulous about that penalty and red card. Are defenders not allowed to even brush an opponent with their shoulder? Hope we don't pay for it
That penalty decision on 17:09 - Sep 23 with 1193 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That penalty decision on 19:46 - Sep 22 by Clivert

A wrong decision which cost us the game.

As stated above Coleman's substitusions didn't help our response.

If any team in League2 was there for the beating with only 10men it was Dagenham.

Coleman was saying pre match that he knew all about Daggers and how John Still set them out........apparently not?

Also think that the goon of a ref might,just might,have given us a dubious decision late on,to "even" things up,like they do,......trouble was we never got into their half to let him!
That penalty decision on 18:36 - Sep 23 with 1102 viewsfermin

At the time from the TDS I was relieved Lillis pulled out of the challenge and thought that McIntyre just outmuscled Scott. Hence it was a soft penalty in my opinion. I don't really blame Scott for going down as it was just two players challenging for the ball. In such incidents I always try and think how I would react if it had been the other way round - if we had got a penalty and sending off for that I would have felt us rather fortunate.

I think the referee had more or less the same view of the incident as the TV camera. From the video I can see why the ref made the decision he did and think there is little likelihood of it being overturned. If anything Lillis looks the more culpable to me from that angle.

In his interview Coleman is focussing, correctly in my view, on the defensive and general slackness that led to the penalty and subsequent chances to Dagenham. From being comfortable we just fell apart after the sending off and Dagenham should have been ahead by the time they equalised. If we have any pretensions at being near the top end of the table we really need to be able to know how to play with ten men and at least make it difficult for the opposition to score even if we do not make many chances ourselves.

I wonder if part of the problem after the sending off was that our back four had about 15 league appearances between them and an average age of around 19. The older players should have done more to help them through it. It will be interesting to see if Coleman does anything about the lack of experience in the back four when selecting his team for Gillingham next week.

All the comments about the referee and some of Dagenham's behaviour could have been copied from the Wimbledon messageboard last week. If they were looking at this forum now they would think we had been paid back for what we got up to last weekend (though I don't believe either us or Dagenham were really that bad).
That penalty decision on 21:45 - Sep 23 with 1017 viewsmiddale

That penalty decision on 00:51 - Sep 23 by ColDale

based on what was just shown on the FLS, there's no doubts at all about the penalty.

Absolutely - having seen that, a stonewall penalty. What's to debate?

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

That penalty decision on 22:09 - Sep 23 with 993 viewsTTNYear

That penalty decision on 21:45 - Sep 23 by middale

Absolutely - having seen that, a stonewall penalty. What's to debate?

That it wasn't or summat....

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

That penalty decision on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 968 viewsBeckWMG

That penalty decision on 18:36 - Sep 23 by fermin

At the time from the TDS I was relieved Lillis pulled out of the challenge and thought that McIntyre just outmuscled Scott. Hence it was a soft penalty in my opinion. I don't really blame Scott for going down as it was just two players challenging for the ball. In such incidents I always try and think how I would react if it had been the other way round - if we had got a penalty and sending off for that I would have felt us rather fortunate.

I think the referee had more or less the same view of the incident as the TV camera. From the video I can see why the ref made the decision he did and think there is little likelihood of it being overturned. If anything Lillis looks the more culpable to me from that angle.

In his interview Coleman is focussing, correctly in my view, on the defensive and general slackness that led to the penalty and subsequent chances to Dagenham. From being comfortable we just fell apart after the sending off and Dagenham should have been ahead by the time they equalised. If we have any pretensions at being near the top end of the table we really need to be able to know how to play with ten men and at least make it difficult for the opposition to score even if we do not make many chances ourselves.

I wonder if part of the problem after the sending off was that our back four had about 15 league appearances between them and an average age of around 19. The older players should have done more to help them through it. It will be interesting to see if Coleman does anything about the lack of experience in the back four when selecting his team for Gillingham next week.

All the comments about the referee and some of Dagenham's behaviour could have been copied from the Wimbledon messageboard last week. If they were looking at this forum now they would think we had been paid back for what we got up to last weekend (though I don't believe either us or Dagenham were really that bad).

That's a great point about the defending leading up to the penalty.

Just prior to it, Bennett made a great tackle. But instead of clearing the ball decided to go a run down the right hand side. He beat 2 players then played an awful pass inside that gave away possession.

Bennett then out of position, they attack our box and penalty/red card.

It's ok blaming the ref but he shouldn't have been able to award he penalty as they shouldn't have had the opportunity to attack us while our CB is playing the role of a right winger.

That all said we looked in total control before that.

Looks promising.

That penalty decision on 23:54 - Sep 23 with 942 views100notout

That penalty decision on 18:36 - Sep 23 by fermin

'I don't really blame Scott for going down as it was just two players challenging for the ball. In such incidents I always try and think how I would react if it had been the other way round - if we had got a penalty and sending off for that I would have felt us rather fortunate.'

ricardo what do you think of all this?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

That penalty decision on 07:49 - Sep 24 with 912 viewsaleanddale

That penalty decision on 22:40 - Sep 23 by BeckWMG

That's a great point about the defending leading up to the penalty.

Just prior to it, Bennett made a great tackle. But instead of clearing the ball decided to go a run down the right hand side. He beat 2 players then played an awful pass inside that gave away possession.

Bennett then out of position, they attack our box and penalty/red card.

It's ok blaming the ref but he shouldn't have been able to award he penalty as they shouldn't have had the opportunity to attack us while our CB is playing the role of a right winger.

That all said we looked in total control before that.

Looks promising.

Great point and i have given myself a couple of days to " calm down ".

Its done and dusted now and another down on the rollercoaster. I fully expect an Up very soon and what better place to get one than Priestfield on Saturday.

With our forward line ( Dele - Grant and Grimes ) we should put all teams in lg 2 on the back foot and Gillinghams attack minded style of play might just suit us.

Saturday was a dropped 2 points, no doubt about that. But over 46 games we are at this point neither more or less likely to make the play offs because of it. Dagenham were a better side than Barnet, they took there chance and then we wobbled for 15 minutes and they scored the equaliser.

Back to the penalty, Bennett ( who was close to my MOM ) and looks a superb prospect did well to collect the ball and take it away from danger, did well to beat another man but when the ball should have been knocked into a channel he looked to play a dangerous ball that was intercepted by a Dag and Red midfielder. 5 seconds later we have an incident that was at best needless as it was us in possession 6 seconds earlier!!.

Was it a penalty? probably not but as we say when things go for us, look in the papers ( Pen 60 and 2-2 ).

we will learn i am sure and the signs are there the team are getting stronger.

7 points in 3 games in 8 days. Lets move on to Gillingham full of confidence.
That penalty decision on 12:42 - Sep 24 with 852 viewsdingdangblue

I think the forward was looking for lillis to bring him down. Ive watched the replay slowed down and the forward starts to fall just after lillis has pulled his hands away and he realises mcintyre has got ahead of him to clear the ball. To think it was a clear cut penalty because mcintyre 'made contact' with the forward is just a cop out.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024