Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tutte situation? 22:07 - Mar 3 with 8520 viewsofficialdale

What is actually going on with him? No doubt the lad is good enough to start, or get more than 10 minutes each week. Is there an attitude problem, or is he simply just not good enough? Because all 3 managers haven't had much faith in him.

From what I see, he's more than capable of changing games around. & atm, he's the only player we have that doesn't seem scared to have a drive, and a good dig at goal.
Tutte situation? on 20:33 - Mar 4 with 1836 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 20:28 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

He played regularly at Yeovil! What exactly did their manager do to indicate he wasn't good enough? He also decided to use him in a central role after initially playing him wide, something the player (crucially) preferred. http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Starlet-targets-central-role-survival-bid/story-

I'm not saying Tutte will be brilliant in that role, just that he's hardly been used there. Jones was playing the best football of his career in that role when Tutte was here under Hill, so why would anyone expect him to play there then?

He's not been given a chance this season in that position because Jones has kept his place even when his form dipped.

Why didnt Yeovil keep Tutte at the end of the season, was he just on loan and they decided not to pursue a permanant signing, or did Tutte not fancy it ?

Tutte situation? on 20:40 - Mar 4 with 1825 views442Dale

Tutte situation? on 20:33 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Why didnt Yeovil keep Tutte at the end of the season, was he just on loan and they decided not to pursue a permanant signing, or did Tutte not fancy it ?

He turned them down. As mentioned in the article below. It also appears the Yeovil fan quoted in the piece was as impressed as their manager who offered the deal.

Alan Knill must have rated him too.

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Iron-target-Tutte-make-quick/st

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tutte situation? on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 1824 views49thseason

Tutte situation? on 20:33 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

There was also interest from Scunthorpe - I think it was the connection with Eyre that clinched it. For my money I think he has the makings of a fine player and I have no doubt his time will come but he is maybe too inexperienced for the sort of scrap we are in right now . He has only played in 40 odd senior games Vs almost 140 by JT who is only a year older but I suspect he (Tutte) will go on to have a far more successful career once he becomes an established starter.
Tutte situation? on 21:36 - Mar 4 with 1784 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 20:41 - Mar 4 by 49thseason

There was also interest from Scunthorpe - I think it was the connection with Eyre that clinched it. For my money I think he has the makings of a fine player and I have no doubt his time will come but he is maybe too inexperienced for the sort of scrap we are in right now . He has only played in 40 odd senior games Vs almost 140 by JT who is only a year older but I suspect he (Tutte) will go on to have a far more successful career once he becomes an established starter.

If anybody could have accomodated Tutte you would have thought Eyre would have been the man. Perhaps it reveals Eyres inadequecies when having coached Tutte for so long even he couldnt decide his best position and also resorted to not including him in the starting eleven.

League one isnt the place to start trying to blood youngsters, unless you are safe from relegation, if he wasnt ready perhaps we shouldnt have signed him in the first place. I was under the impression when we signed him that the manager and supporters expected him to be a regular starter.
Tutte situation? on 21:50 - Mar 4 with 1775 viewsSalwaDale

Tutte situation? on 21:36 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

If anybody could have accomodated Tutte you would have thought Eyre would have been the man. Perhaps it reveals Eyres inadequecies when having coached Tutte for so long even he couldnt decide his best position and also resorted to not including him in the starting eleven.

League one isnt the place to start trying to blood youngsters, unless you are safe from relegation, if he wasnt ready perhaps we shouldnt have signed him in the first place. I was under the impression when we signed him that the manager and supporters expected him to be a regular starter.

And he was initially, ahead of Kennedy. Says it all about Steve Eyre really.

TBBT

Tutte situation? on 22:08 - Mar 4 with 1763 views442Dale

Tutte situation? on 21:50 - Mar 4 by SalwaDale

And he was initially, ahead of Kennedy. Says it all about Steve Eyre really.

Eyre did little to further Tutte's career.

It's certainly too early to write him off, having not been around very long or employed where, potentially, he could be a very good player. If Yeovil's manager wanted to keep him, after the longest first team spell of his career up to that point, there has to be something in Tutte. It was also enough to see more than one manager looking to sign him last summer. Unfortunately, for the player, he chose to sign for Eyre.

Tutte situation? on 23:44 - Mar 4 with 1720 viewspl56

Tutte situation? on 22:08 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

Eyre did little to further Tutte's career.

It's certainly too early to write him off, having not been around very long or employed where, potentially, he could be a very good player. If Yeovil's manager wanted to keep him, after the longest first team spell of his career up to that point, there has to be something in Tutte. It was also enough to see more than one manager looking to sign him last summer. Unfortunately, for the player, he chose to sign for Eyre.

I agree absolutely .

Tutte was a much sought after player at our level last close season , including interest from Yeovil where he'd had a pretty successful few months .

The problem for Eyre is that he'd rushed into a 2 year contract for Jones and therefore committed dfield berth certainly in the early part of the season . That left Jones and Tutte playing centrally in a flat 4-4-2 which was never viable with two such similar players . Belatedly Eyre seemed to accept that fact , brought back Kennedy , and tried to play Tutte in a wide role for which he patently isn't suited .

I really hope that Tutte gets chance to show what he can do in a freer central role under Coleman in the next few games ; if not I suspect we might just be left wondering.....?
Tutte situation? on 00:58 - Mar 5 with 1698 viewsD_Alien

Interesting debate about Tutte

He's too talented a footballer (you'd think) to not make progress in the game, but then again there've been plenty of examples of talent going to waste - e.g Ben Muirhead

Both him & Grimes have had time to take stock of their careers by now but having Coleman as manager will be a further shock to their system, having been cossetted throughout their formative years at youth level. Maybe there's just something missing in them, that Coleman looks for in a player. For want of a better word, I'd call it - grit

If Coleman won't give Jonah a rest, it would IMO almost be doing him a favour if he picked up a slight strain in training that kept him out against Carlisle, just to give Tutte a start and see what he's made of in what's probably his best position.

I'd like to see this line-up on Tuesday:

Lucas
Darby Holden Long Widdowson
BBM
Tutte Kennedy
JLAA Adams
Symes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Tutte situation? on 01:53 - Mar 5 with 1684 viewssweetcorn

Tutte situation? on 17:25 - Mar 4 by ChaffRAFC

Completely disagree about Kennedy, he's not a defensive midfielder and never has been. He's a central midfield who is great at linking up the play in the middle of the park. BBM has been MUCH better in that position than JK has I think. JK needs to stay exactly where he is as he's playing superbly there.

My current team would be:

................................Lucas..................................

Darbu............Amankwaah*......Long.............Widdowson
.........................Barry-Murphy................................
.................Kennedy...............Jones........................
.......Akpa-Akpro.............................Adams...............
..............................Symes...................................

*Holden's done really well since coming in for the injured KA.

For me, Tutte should be used as an impact sub at the moment, if we're on top and struggling to score, bring him on for half an hour in place of BBM and play Tutte ahead of Jones and Kennedy. We did it last season brilliantly with Matty Done.

Are you serious he isn't a defensive midfielder? his passing is average and attacking he may aswel not bother some times, his best attribute is his tackling ability which is undoubted, he is more than capable of playing the holding midfield role. We have tried the midfield 3 you have chosen over and over now and it isn't producing enough goals, draws are not going to keep us up, so we need to change something, not just keep trying and hope something happens.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tutte situation? on 08:59 - Mar 5 with 1648 viewsdingdangblue

Tutte situation? on 01:53 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Are you serious he isn't a defensive midfielder? his passing is average and attacking he may aswel not bother some times, his best attribute is his tackling ability which is undoubted, he is more than capable of playing the holding midfield role. We have tried the midfield 3 you have chosen over and over now and it isn't producing enough goals, draws are not going to keep us up, so we need to change something, not just keep trying and hope something happens.

His passing is average? Your eyesight is average too then! Kennedy links play up brilliantly from the centre of the pitch, rarely gives the ball away and in Colemans 4 home games he burst into the box for grimes 1st goal v bury and also won the penalty running into the box on Saturday. Yeah - he's really defensive.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tutte situation? on 10:15 - Mar 5 with 1615 viewsD_Alien

Tutte situation? on 08:59 - Mar 5 by dingdangblue

His passing is average? Your eyesight is average too then! Kennedy links play up brilliantly from the centre of the pitch, rarely gives the ball away and in Colemans 4 home games he burst into the box for grimes 1st goal v bury and also won the penalty running into the box on Saturday. Yeah - he's really defensive.

What we haven't seen JK do is reproduce the kind of run and finish that he showed he's well capable of when he put Darlo 1-0 up in the first leg of the play-offs at their place

He's got it in him, so why aren't we seeing it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tutte situation? on 13:09 - Mar 5 with 1562 viewsRalphs12

Tutte situation? on 10:15 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

What we haven't seen JK do is reproduce the kind of run and finish that he showed he's well capable of when he put Darlo 1-0 up in the first leg of the play-offs at their place

He's got it in him, so why aren't we seeing it?

I dont think that JK has done that on a regular basis for any club hes been unfortunately its not that often he gets on the scoresheet.
Tutte situation? on 14:08 - Mar 5 with 1532 viewsTomRAFC

i relaly dont think we can drop BBM right now. he is really proving his worth. he can pick a pass far better than anyone else in our team.

he either needs to be in the holding roll with jk

the only other options would be to try BBM wide right and hope he plays a sort of paul simpson role. slow as hell but can create alot

would sooner see tuttue on the wing than thompson

the only problem with five in midfield is we dont have someone who works well as a lone striker.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Tutte situation? on 16:24 - Mar 5 with 1489 viewsChaffRAFC

Tutte situation? on 01:53 - Mar 5 by sweetcorn

Very serious, the fact we can't score goals isn't down to that three man midfield I don't think. It's because we don't have any service from our "wingers" Our midfield has been a big part in us having stopped conceding goals early in games. I really do think if you stick with that three man midfield but you bring in someone who can actually cross a ball and I think we'll see more goals.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tutte situation? on 16:57 - Mar 5 with 1463 viewsofficialdale

Tutte situation? on 20:40 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

He turned them down. As mentioned in the article below. It also appears the Yeovil fan quoted in the piece was as impressed as their manager who offered the deal.

Alan Knill must have rated him too.

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Iron-target-Tutte-make-quick/st

If we let Tutte go, I can promise that would a mistake. He's a top player at this level and unfortunately with Adams' recent performances that's why he has been shut out.

Tutte and Adams are two players I think we need to retain for next season.
Tutte situation? on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 1426 viewsNotEyreClue

I thought Kennedy had as good a game as I've ever seen Saturday but as I've stated previously on this board, I really do think he gets overhyped quite a bit. 'He's the glue that holds our midfield together' or 'he links up play' are just awfully generic responses for me.

I think he's a very good tackler and is clearly fearless when it comes to 50/50s. For me he's a ball winner and certainly plays a more defensive role in our team considering that he NEVER shoots when he gets the opportunity and that he very rarely plays a pass further than 5 yards. I'm not bad-mouthing him, I think he's a fine player but it seems to me that he only has to walk onto the pitch and it gets everyone foaming at the mouth.

Saturday was the first time I've seen him attempt (and thats all it was) a shot from anywhere near the box...he did try running with the ball on a few occasions as well and won us the penalty (btw if that would have been the other way round and they got a penalty for that I'd have walked out) and even tried running the ball down the wing once or twice. Seeing as we now have BBM sitting in front of the back 4 I'd like to see Kennedy do this more often but I do see him as more of a defensive midfielder in the role he plays at present.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Tutte situation? on 17:54 - Mar 5 with 1405 views442Dale

It was Kennedy's shot on the run that led to the first Grimes goal v Bury.

He also attempted a shot v Charlton last season that flew in. He might not shoot as much as we'd like, or as much as he seemed to for Darlo, but he hasn't only just started trying.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Tutte situation? on 18:10 - Mar 5 with 1389 viewsNotEyreClue

Tutte situation? on 17:54 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

It was Kennedy's shot on the run that led to the first Grimes goal v Bury.

He also attempted a shot v Charlton last season that flew in. He might not shoot as much as we'd like, or as much as he seemed to for Darlo, but he hasn't only just started trying.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That's a tad pedantic don't you think...the point is that for a midfielder he just doesn't shoot enough...at times he will do anything but shoot and to be honest he's not alone. Jonah has always looked to have a go when he gets into the right positions but he's clearly under specific instructions from Coleman to shoot on sight. Akpro was a breath of fresh air when he came on Saturday because when he got into good positions he wasn't scared to have a go. Apart from that everybody looks scared to death when they get around the 18-yard box. It's no wonder that we don't score enough goals...obviously this is down to much more than shooting alone but as the saying goes if you don't buy a ticket..

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Tutte situation? on 19:51 - Mar 5 with 1349 viewsdingdangblue

Tutte situation? on 17:26 - Mar 5 by NotEyreClue

I thought Kennedy had as good a game as I've ever seen Saturday but as I've stated previously on this board, I really do think he gets overhyped quite a bit. 'He's the glue that holds our midfield together' or 'he links up play' are just awfully generic responses for me.

I think he's a very good tackler and is clearly fearless when it comes to 50/50s. For me he's a ball winner and certainly plays a more defensive role in our team considering that he NEVER shoots when he gets the opportunity and that he very rarely plays a pass further than 5 yards. I'm not bad-mouthing him, I think he's a fine player but it seems to me that he only has to walk onto the pitch and it gets everyone foaming at the mouth.

Saturday was the first time I've seen him attempt (and thats all it was) a shot from anywhere near the box...he did try running with the ball on a few occasions as well and won us the penalty (btw if that would have been the other way round and they got a penalty for that I'd have walked out) and even tried running the ball down the wing once or twice. Seeing as we now have BBM sitting in front of the back 4 I'd like to see Kennedy do this more often but I do see him as more of a defensive midfielder in the role he plays at present.

It was a cast iron penalty. The days of getting ball and man are long gone. Very Reckless challenge by Jones - yes he got a bit of the ball, but in doing so he totally took out Kennedys legs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Tutte situation? on 22:36 - Mar 5 with 1295 viewsBigDaveMyCock

At the end of the day you can only judge a player by what he, ultimately, does on the pitch for Rochdale.
Given this, to even compare Kennedy and Tutte is a non-starter. Kennedy wins hands down. Kennedy is an excellent passer, good tackler, has great vision and is good in the air. He shows these attributes on a regular basis and we will be lucky not to lose him to a bigger club.
As for Tutte, he simply hasn't shown the attributes that Kennedy possesses and delivered upon. All I've seen is a player who takes an age to make a simple pass. He picks up the ball runs sideways (and back again) and then plays a five yard pass. Kennedy does in 2 seconds what Tutte does in 20 seconds and so much more.
In the last minute against Sheffield Wednesday Tutte broke down the right and could have had a run on goal or down the wing. Nope, he stopped and went sideways. If the pitch was the other way round he'd be a great box to box player.
Coleman's turnaround has so far been built on the replacement of Dawson with a good centre back in Long and restoring the Hill midfield of BBM, Jones and Kennedy. From what I've seen, Tutte is a long way from being good enough to merit starting, above any of the above, in that central midfield.
For some unknown reason many people think Tutte is a good player without pointing to a run of games in which he has evidenced this. It's time he proved his, strangely plentiful, supporters right.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tutte situation? on 03:47 - Mar 6 with 1248 viewssweetcorn

He rarely passes the ball further than 4 yards, has a very limited pass range and does not have the ability to find the killer final ball which will cut through a defence, where as his tackling ability is sublime and has little fear when it comes to tackling, that is why i'd look to him more as a defensive midfielder. where as i do feel tutte is quite talented in the fact that he has a wide passing range and the ability to carry the ball and start a quick counter. he's a must starter in home games for me now, don't have any issue with him making way for BBM away from home to sure up the defensive side of things..

As far as you picking out one occasion of him getting forward then saying 'yeah really defensive' thats like me showing you a goal sergio busquettes scored and saying 'yeah really defensive' or lassana diarra making a surging run forward. Just because he has gotten forward for once, because its very rare that he does, does not make him attacking, he is bound to find himself forward at some point because its a midfielder and will see space to run into.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tutte situation? on 09:35 - Mar 6 with 1211 viewsdingdangblue

Tutte situation? on 03:47 - Mar 6 by sweetcorn

He rarely passes the ball further than 4 yards, has a very limited pass range and does not have the ability to find the killer final ball which will cut through a defence, where as his tackling ability is sublime and has little fear when it comes to tackling, that is why i'd look to him more as a defensive midfielder. where as i do feel tutte is quite talented in the fact that he has a wide passing range and the ability to carry the ball and start a quick counter. he's a must starter in home games for me now, don't have any issue with him making way for BBM away from home to sure up the defensive side of things..

As far as you picking out one occasion of him getting forward then saying 'yeah really defensive' thats like me showing you a goal sergio busquettes scored and saying 'yeah really defensive' or lassana diarra making a surging run forward. Just because he has gotten forward for once, because its very rare that he does, does not make him attacking, he is bound to find himself forward at some point because its a midfielder and will see space to run into.

Have you any examples of Tutte's wide passing range? Apart from the cross from out wide for Grimes header at gigg I cant recall him doing much this season - where as Kennedy has been our most consistent player all season. To say all he does is 4 and 5 yard passes is wrong. Make a point of watching him next home game to see how involved he is in most of our good play.

Tutte situation? on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 1143 views442Dale

This debate has mysteriously turned into Tutte v Kennedy at times. Not sure why because neither's role in the side should be affected by the other.

Tutte situation? on 15:45 - Mar 6 with 1086 viewsDaley_Lama

"As for Tutte, he simply hasn't shown the attributes that Kennedy possesses and delivered upon. All I've seen is a player who takes an age to make a simple pass. He picks up the ball runs sideways (and back again) and then plays a five yard pass."

I remember another midfielder who used to be described in exactly the same way, he got the nickname "The Crab". Wonder what ever happened to him...

Poll: DF in or out

Tutte situation? on 17:28 - Mar 6 with 1018 viewsolympicdale

Tutte situation? on 15:45 - Mar 6 by Daley_Lama

"As for Tutte, he simply hasn't shown the attributes that Kennedy possesses and delivered upon. All I've seen is a player who takes an age to make a simple pass. He picks up the ball runs sideways (and back again) and then plays a five yard pass."

I remember another midfielder who used to be described in exactly the same way, he got the nickname "The Crab". Wonder what ever happened to him...

Tutte is for sure Jonahs replacement in the long run if we can keep him/he decides to stay in the summer.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024