Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season do - £65!! 17:59 - Mar 19 with 48832 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/event-gala-dinner--awards-night/

Utterly ludicrous in my book. Bollocks to a meal and all that stuff.

Very good chance this will be the end of season do after a relegation from League One!

Genuinely hope nobody goes in the hope that the club finally take a step back and look at the decisions they make!

And they wonder why I think "Team Rochdale" is dead.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! (n/t) on 20:17 - Mar 19 with 3028 viewsSuddenLad

End of season do - £65!! (n/t) on 20:15 - Mar 19 by off2div1

[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:16]

Duff link........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

End of season do - £65!! on 20:17 - Mar 19 with 3022 viewsscarrow

End of season do - £65!! on 20:08 - Mar 19 by kiwidale

The reaction is both justified and expected how the club could not foresee it sums up their disconnect with the fan base. Having said that the major problem is that this event and lets be honest this is a Gala event which should not be compared to or replace the annual awards do at Spotland. As grand as it will be, in my opinion the opportunity to dine in one of the greatest buildings in England with the guest speaker etc etc. might be worth the price it certainly wont put off the corporates and I expect it will sell out. This event should not compare or replace the annual end of season awards night where fans young and old can mix with players in an informal atmosphere. The major problem with this event is the way some numbnut at the club has rolled it out.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:12]

Agreed, do this and have it as a stand alone event, guest speaker, meal, slaps on the back etc

Hold the award evening at the club allow the supporters to mix with the players.

Poll: Final position

End of season do - £65!! on 20:17 - Mar 19 with 3021 viewsfitzochris

End of season do - £65!! on 20:07 - Mar 19 by SuddenLad

I can understand the hoo-ha about having the 'do' at the Town Hall, but aren't the club just trying to appear more 'professional' in the way they conduct their official events ?

Sure, we're all used to a different kind of end of season get together, players mingling with fans etc, but how do we know that still won't happen after the final home match ?

As an aside, what is the significance of this being a 'David Bottomley' idea ? He presumably has the backing of the Chairman and the CEO before this was publicised.

Why is he being singled out ?.

The extreme monetising of an event aimed at the every fan.

The formalising of what was previously an informal event.

Two big changes too far.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:21]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

End of season do - £65!! on 20:19 - Mar 19 with 3003 viewskel

I can understand the hoo-ha about having the 'do' at the Town Hall, but aren't the club just trying to appear more 'professional' in the way they conduct their official events ?

Sure, we're all used to a different kind of end of season get together, players mingling with fans etc, but how do we know that still won't happen after the final home match ?

As an aside, what is the significance of this being a 'David Bottomley' idea ? He presumably has the backing of the Chairman and the CEO before this was publicised.

“Sure, we're all used to a different kind of end of season get together, players mingling with fans etc, but how do we know that still won't happen after the final home match ? “

I’d imagine that if the above does happen then it will be left for the trust to organise. Perhaps if certain people on here didn’t act like utter fannies a few years back (and yes I include you) over posts on a random forum then maybe the trust would have more people to call upon to organise such an event. Reap what you sow an all that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:22]
End of season do - £65!! on 20:20 - Mar 19 with 2984 viewsChaffRAFC

Its all well and good looking more professional but as a family club, we've always had a good connection between the fans and the staff and pricing us out of an event that traditionally is free is a joke.

My lad loved the awards do last season and now I cant take him because a) I cant afford it and b) hes not even allowed because its restricted to 16 and over. A club with family values excluding families? You couldn't make it up.

The fact that the club liased with the supporters trust, heard their warnings on opinion and did it anyway speaks volumes.

There are other ways to look more professional.

We have sold out.

And this is the final nail in the coffin for Team Rochdale given their never ending own goals that Shun has illustrated.

They simply couldn't give two shits about the fans.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 20:20 - Mar 19 with 2984 viewsoff2div1

speechless
End of season do - £65!! on 20:24 - Mar 19 with 2938 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 20:17 - Mar 19 by scarrow

Agreed, do this and have it as a stand alone event, guest speaker, meal, slaps on the back etc

Hold the award evening at the club allow the supporters to mix with the players.

Exactly. There's nothing at all wrong with them having a dinner as an event, if they want to celebrate Wembley/the 30th or 31st anniversary of avoiding relegation/using less envelopes in the office this season, that's great. There is ZERO reason to take the awards night away from the club and its supporters (especially the younger ones)

For a start they'll lose out on all the bar takings!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:31]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

End of season do - £65!! on 20:25 - Mar 19 with 2933 viewsSuddenLad

End of season do - £65!! on 20:17 - Mar 19 by fitzochris

Two big changes too far.

Didn't realise they were previously 'free'.

Apart from which, maybe the club have decided to present the awards in more salubrious surroundings and treat the event with more professionalism. It is a big night in the club calendar, especially for the players, whomwre the recipients of the awards.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

End of season do - £65!! on 20:28 - Mar 19 with 2881 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 20:25 - Mar 19 by SuddenLad

Apart from which, maybe the club have decided to present the awards in more salubrious surroundings and treat the event with more professionalism. It is a big night in the club calendar, especially for the players, whomwre the recipients of the awards.

So?

I can GUARANTEE it means more to those supporters who go EVERY year than players who may well enjoy the evening but will be all too used to such things at various clubs.

See Chaff's post about his little lad. It means more to him than it does to players, and that's exactly how it should be. It's our club, it's their profession and employer. Something I'm sure they'd agree with.

End of season do - £65!! on 20:28 - Mar 19 with 2894 viewsDorislove

Yep looks like they have and good luck to them ,maybe they can sell the a few thousand season tickets to the prawn sandwich brigade as well.They may need them in the future.
End of season do - £65!! on 20:29 - Mar 19 with 2886 viewsfitzochris

But that takes the event away from what it was - and away from the kids. Let’s be honest, it is they who get the biggest kick out of meeting the players and getting autographs and selfies (Roccy aside).

As so many others have said, it feels like a complete disconnect from supporters and an opportunity to fleece us.

As 442 says, have the dinner and Jeff Stelling love-in by all means, just leave the awards out of it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

End of season do - £65!! on 20:41 - Mar 19 with 2802 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 20:24 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

Exactly. There's nothing at all wrong with them having a dinner as an event, if they want to celebrate Wembley/the 30th or 31st anniversary of avoiding relegation/using less envelopes in the office this season, that's great. There is ZERO reason to take the awards night away from the club and its supporters (especially the younger ones)

For a start they'll lose out on all the bar takings!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:31]

Who gets the bar takings at the town hall ,this must be the best day/night the ratcliffe has?
End of season do - £65!! on 20:55 - Mar 19 with 2722 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 19:49 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

This is a club idea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Great idea diverting all those bar takings away from the large function room owned by the club.

Alienating parents of the future of our club.

Perhaps he could run coaches from Spotland at £20 a pop?

Poll: What is it to be then?

End of season do - £65!! on 20:58 - Mar 19 with 2705 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 20:17 - Mar 19 by fitzochris

Two big changes too far.

Extreme monetising - I heard that at a recent business networking event a similar phrase was used to describe how the club treated the Spurs home game.

I wonder how those who advertised pitchside felt about the temporary boards?

End of season do - £65!! on 21:01 - Mar 19 with 2687 views100notout

End of season do - £65!! on 20:19 - Mar 19 by kel

“Sure, we're all used to a different kind of end of season get together, players mingling with fans etc, but how do we know that still won't happen after the final home match ? “

I’d imagine that if the above does happen then it will be left for the trust to organise. Perhaps if certain people on here didn’t act like utter fannies a few years back (and yes I include you) over posts on a random forum then maybe the trust would have more people to call upon to organise such an event. Reap what you sow an all that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:22]

sorry marked down in error

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

End of season do - £65!! on 21:03 - Mar 19 with 2666 viewsjudd

I wonder if Prince Harrys wedding cost this much?

End of season do - £65!! on 21:06 - Mar 19 with 2651 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 20:55 - Mar 19 by judd

Great idea diverting all those bar takings away from the large function room owned by the club.

Alienating parents of the future of our club.

Perhaps he could run coaches from Spotland at £20 a pop?

After negotiating with our suppliers we have been able to switch the venue to the Dale bar and now we can accommodate juniors with a price of £50 a head just like we did with the coaches to WEMBLEY .We hope this makes all you peasants happy .
Bit of a joke but hey ho it smacks of Dale Again.
End of season do - £65!! on 21:10 - Mar 19 with 2621 viewskel

End of season do - £65!! on 21:01 - Mar 19 by 100notout

sorry marked down in error

Nearly fell out with you then
End of season do - £65!! on 21:11 - Mar 19 with 2608 views100notout

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

End of season do - £65!! on 21:15 - Mar 19 with 2560 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 21:03 - Mar 19 by judd

I wonder if Prince Harrys wedding cost this much?

That's 'The Gala Wedding 2018 and 32.8 Years Since The Queen's Corgi Escaped Anniversary' if you don't mind.

End of season do - £65!! on 21:17 - Mar 19 with 2554 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 21:15 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

That's 'The Gala Wedding 2018 and 32.8 Years Since The Queen's Corgi Escaped Anniversary' if you don't mind.

He's having a joint do celebrating his parents divorce

End of season do - £65!! on 21:19 - Mar 19 with 2541 viewsSandyman

Apologies to Chaff - mark down on your OP was a fat-fingered mistake - sorry.
End of season do - £65!! on 21:33 - Mar 19 with 2479 viewsSandyman

"The cost to sponsor an award is £1,000 plus VAT
You will receive a table of 10 at the Gala Dinner
You will present the player with the award on stage"

So, what happened to the late Frank Bishop's wife / family presenting the award given in his name?
What happened to a member of the Wilson family presenting The Wilson Trophy as they always do?
A member of SMAC (South Manchester and Cheshire supporters) has always presented their award - what now?

Are these long-standing supporters of awards given in their name being unceremoniously ditched for whoever can chuck a £1000 at it? If so, that really does stink on the face of it.
End of season do - £65!! on 21:34 - Mar 19 with 2475 viewsrochdaleriddler

End of season do - £65!! on 20:41 - Mar 19 by Dorislove

Who gets the bar takings at the town hall ,this must be the best day/night the ratcliffe has?

Rochdale council

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

End of season do - £65!! on 21:42 - Mar 19 with 2423 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 21:33 - Mar 19 by Sandyman

"The cost to sponsor an award is £1,000 plus VAT
You will receive a table of 10 at the Gala Dinner
You will present the player with the award on stage"

So, what happened to the late Frank Bishop's wife / family presenting the award given in his name?
What happened to a member of the Wilson family presenting The Wilson Trophy as they always do?
A member of SMAC (South Manchester and Cheshire supporters) has always presented their award - what now?

Are these long-standing supporters of awards given in their name being unceremoniously ditched for whoever can chuck a £1000 at it? If so, that really does stink on the face of it.

Didn't notice that bit.

Have all those people/groups/relations of those who awards are named after been contacted to confirm they all agree to it?

Can the Trust confirm that they have agreed a) for their award to be presented on this evening, and b) that they have agreed for someone else to present their award that is presented on behalf of their members?

If the answer to either of these is "yes" (which I don't know), can they confirm that they will review this decision or any impending decision on the two above questions ahead of consulting all their members?

Again, these will be asked at the Trust desk if necessary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024