Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awesome Dawson!! 10:25 - Nov 8 with 4125 viewsrkershaw

Just thinking of which player has made the biggest impact in terms of non footballing contribution in the season thus far. In my humble opinion this award has to go to Daws (with Con a close second). Both players are "winners" but, for me, Daws is (as Hilly once described him) a "nasty winner". Without Ollie on the pitch he has become our "go to" leader/captain without the arm band (no disrepect to Hendo)!!! There is no coincidence that his presence on the pitch lifts the other players by that all important 5%-10%. He is always the first player on the scene to congratulate our goalscorer and he has become a vital cog in our magnificent footballing machine!!! This winning mentality has brought us 8 wins in our last 12 games. In rugby league they would call it having a bit of "mongrel". We are lucky to have other quieter leaders all around the pitch (JOC/Hendo/Rose/Lancy etc) but it would appear that Daws is the player that others listen to the most through is desire to win. His aggression and the footballing skill that we have atm is a recipe for SUCCESS!!!!!!!
Awesome Dawson!! on 20:58 - Nov 8 with 2963 viewsdaleythompson

Couldn't agree more. Love his desire and commitment. He doesn't give the opposition a minutes peace. It's not always pretty bit is very effective. Nobody else quite like him in the team. A key part of our success this season.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:01 - Nov 8 with 2950 viewsBartRowou

So how does that one go then?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Awesome Dawson!! on 22:54 - Nov 8 with 2793 viewsWhiteyBFC

He's shite. Runs around a lot though and is first to celebrate with goalscorers. Legend.
Awesome Dawson!! on 23:16 - Nov 8 with 2750 viewsTVOS1907

Awesome Dawson!! on 22:54 - Nov 8 by WhiteyBFC

He's shite. Runs around a lot though and is first to celebrate with goalscorers. Legend.

He might have been shite for Barnsley, but he isn't for us.

Like you said last week Whitey, we're only commenting on what we see.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Awesome Dawson!! on 06:39 - Nov 9 with 2658 viewsnordenblue

He's that shite hes playing for a team higher up the league than you, do you still want that bet about us being relegated whitey you never did reply from another of your previous rambling post?
Awesome Dawson!! on 09:10 - Nov 9 with 2582 viewsPDIDDY

Superb player for us, remember he likes a dive to get a penalty, but whitey says he sh ite so we all must be wrong

Gissa job

Awesome Dawson!! on 13:25 - Nov 9 with 2444 views_dezzy

Awesome Dawson!! on 09:10 - Nov 9 by PDIDDY

Superb player for us, remember he likes a dive to get a penalty, but whitey says he sh ite so we all must be wrong

What I've seen of him this year he ain't no diver, but as that yarkshire lad says you can only go off what you see.

KHBA

Awesome Dawson!! on 13:50 - Nov 9 with 2415 viewsmacro

Different player at a different team, an integral part of why we at present are in the play off positions
Login to get fewer ads

Awesome Dawson!! on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 2407 viewsRowZ

Maybe the only way to get the best out of him is to have a class manager?
Awesome Dawson!! on 14:06 - Nov 9 with 2385 viewsPDIDDY

Awesome Dawson!! on 13:55 - Nov 9 by RowZ

Alan knill wasn't class, he just can't get enough

Gissa job

Awesome Dawson!! on 15:22 - Nov 9 with 2318 viewsBrierls

He had a class manager when he was at Barnsley, but is 'shite' according to the bloke who thinks Bobby Hassell is a demi-god.

Dawson has been superb for us (after a few dodgy displays when he first joined and wasn't match fit). He knocks Gary Jones, even in his pomp, into a cocked hat if I'm perfectly honest. Just missing a few more goals from his game.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 15:25]
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:28 - Nov 9 with 2279 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 23:16 - Nov 8 by TVOS1907

He might have been shite for Barnsley, but he isn't for us.

Like you said last week Whitey, we're only commenting on what we see.

I'm only playing. Glad he's doing well for you.
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:34 - Nov 9 with 2263 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 06:39 - Nov 9 by nordenblue

He's that shite hes playing for a team higher up the league than you, do you still want that bet about us being relegated whitey you never did reply from another of your previous rambling post?

League Table dunt count for shit in November, pal. Sheff Utd are higher than us, didn't stop us beating the. Or you for that matter. Was always going to take time before we saw us settle down. Signs are good right now. I'm enjoying watching my team again. Not had that opportunity or feeling much in the last few years.

I don't gamble, by the way. Gambling is for mugs.

But I would be very surprised if Rochdale were relegated. One of the better sides we've faced so far this season and I expect you to trouble the top 6 a lot more than the bottom 4.
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:38 - Nov 9 with 2255 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 09:10 - Nov 9 by PDIDDY

He was shite for us. But then, we're used to a better standard. If he was great for you and he's great for Dale then perhaps it's more down to you both being lower league fodder for years and thus seeing plenty of shit players. And, perhaps Dawson plays better at smaller clubs with less pressure/expectation?

Food for thought.
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:39 - Nov 9 with 2249 viewsWhiteyBFC

The class manager who managed him in the second tier and led us to the foot of the table and the worst calendar year in our history? Aye, oreight.

In fact, send him back, Daws, and we'll swap you for Berry or Hourihane.
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:42 - Nov 9 with 2244 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 15:22 - Nov 9 by Brierls

He had a class manager when he was at Barnsley, but is 'shite' according to the bloke who thinks Bobby Hassell is a demi-god.

Dawson has been superb for us (after a few dodgy displays when he first joined and wasn't match fit). He knocks Gary Jones, even in his pomp, into a cocked hat if I'm perfectly honest. Just missing a few more goals from his game.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 15:25]

Gary Jones was much better. I saw him for us remember. He was shit too, but still better than Dawson and his career will back that up.

Hassell was a great stalwart for us, 10 years of service and a legend. I don't expect you to 'get that' but when you get a lad there for 10 years who is part of a promotion, an FA cup run to Wembley etc, let me know and I'll bad mouth him.
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:44 - Nov 9 with 2238 viewsTVOS1907

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:42 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

Gary Jones was much better. I saw him for us remember. He was shit too, but still better than Dawson and his career will back that up.

Hassell was a great stalwart for us, 10 years of service and a legend. I don't expect you to 'get that' but when you get a lad there for 10 years who is part of a promotion, an FA cup run to Wembley etc, let me know and I'll bad mouth him.

I'm sorry, Whitey, but to claim we don't 'get that' is a little bit patronising.

We've had our own heroes and legends. Look at the first two words of your post, for example.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 16:47]

Awesome Dawson!! on 17:01 - Nov 9 with 2214 viewsRowZ

The same manager which 'led you to the foot of the table and the worst calendar year in your history' will also lead a team built with less money than you spent on Sam 'only scores against Burton' Winnall to a higher place in this division than yourselves. So yes..... he is class.
Awesome Dawson!! on 17:38 - Nov 9 with 2172 viewsdale_spotland

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:42 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

Only you, Whitey could manage to tell us about Gary Jones, and then tell us we don't know anything about legends in the same post.

And to be fair, you only obsess over that ginger sod cos you fancy his Mrs.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Awesome Dawson!! on 19:08 - Nov 9 with 2077 viewsnordenblue

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:34 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

League Table dunt count for shit in November, pal. Sheff Utd are higher than us, didn't stop us beating the. Or you for that matter. Was always going to take time before we saw us settle down. Signs are good right now. I'm enjoying watching my team again. Not had that opportunity or feeling much in the last few years.

But I would be very surprised if Rochdale were relegated. One of the better sides we've faced so far this season and I expect you to trouble the top 6 a lot more than the bottom 4.

Would you rather be bottom now than top in the table then if it counts for nothing whitey? All the players you currently cream over will all be classed as shit when they leave you no doubt for a club higher up the ladder like the rest of them. Your comment about Jones being shit just about sums you up
Awesome Dawson!! on 19:11 - Nov 9 with 2077 viewsD_Alien

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:34 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

And whilst you're at it, stop posting in "yarkshire"

It's shit

And false

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:04 - Nov 9 with 1994 viewsPDIDDY

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:38 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

He was shite for us. But then, we're used to a better standard. If he was great for you and he's great for Dale then perhaps it's more down to you both being lower league fodder for years and thus seeing plenty of shit players. And, perhaps Dawson plays better at smaller clubs with less pressure/expectation?

Food for thought.

Masssssivvvve

Gissa job

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:26 - Nov 9 with 1961 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 17:01 - Nov 9 by RowZ

The same manager which 'led you to the foot of the table and the worst calendar year in your history' will also lead a team built with less money than you spent on Sam 'only scores against Burton' Winnall to a higher place in this division than yourselves. So yes..... he is class.

You're paying Dawson more in wages than we spent on Winnall.

But of course Hilly is class. Never said otherwise. I just get bored and it's oh so easy on here.

You're just too easy to wind up. Chill art, god sake. You're in the halcyon period of RAFC, enjoy it and take silly remarks from a silly Barnsley fan with the silliness they deserve.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:28 - Nov 9 with 1959 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:44 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

I'm sorry, Whitey, but to claim we don't 'get that' is a little bit patronising.

We've had our own heroes and legends. Look at the first two words of your post, for example.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 16:47]

But I am patronising.

I think there's only 442 on here who can see me coming a mile off.

It's all good fun. You know (like, actually know) that am playing. I love Dale. Like a loveable cousin who's a bit simple. Can't help but wish him well, help him out, but also take the piss.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 1955 viewsTVOS1907

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:28 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

But I am patronising.

I think there's only 442 on here who can see me coming a mile off.

It's all good fun. You know (like, actually know) that am playing. I love Dale. Like a loveable cousin who's a bit simple. Can't help but wish him well, help him out, but also take the piss.

What you and 442 get up to in your spare time is your business.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024