Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awesome Dawson!! 10:25 - Nov 8 with 4126 viewsrkershaw

Just thinking of which player has made the biggest impact in terms of non footballing contribution in the season thus far. In my humble opinion this award has to go to Daws (with Con a close second). Both players are "winners" but, for me, Daws is (as Hilly once described him) a "nasty winner". Without Ollie on the pitch he has become our "go to" leader/captain without the arm band (no disrepect to Hendo)!!! There is no coincidence that his presence on the pitch lifts the other players by that all important 5%-10%. He is always the first player on the scene to congratulate our goalscorer and he has become a vital cog in our magnificent footballing machine!!! This winning mentality has brought us 8 wins in our last 12 games. In rugby league they would call it having a bit of "mongrel". We are lucky to have other quieter leaders all around the pitch (JOC/Hendo/Rose/Lancy etc) but it would appear that Daws is the player that others listen to the most through is desire to win. His aggression and the footballing skill that we have atm is a recipe for SUCCESS!!!!!!!
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 996 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 17:38 - Nov 9 by dale_spotland

Only you, Whitey could manage to tell us about Gary Jones, and then tell us we don't know anything about legends in the same post.

And to be fair, you only obsess over that ginger sod cos you fancy his Mrs.

That missus is my missus' mate.

I've only eyes for one woman. Unlike football clubs. Where am a reight club whore.

Not really. I'm Barnsley and nothing else. But I do hope Huddersfield do well while Jacob's there and I truly do have a soft spot for Dale. Think it's obvious once you wade through my bullshit persona.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:36 - Nov 9 with 985 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 19:08 - Nov 9 by nordenblue

Would you rather be bottom now than top in the table then if it counts for nothing whitey? All the players you currently cream over will all be classed as shit when they leave you no doubt for a club higher up the ladder like the rest of them. Your comment about Jones being shit just about sums you up

Where in that post did I cream over any of our players? I didn't. I merely stated my enjoying watching them play. Win lose or draw. Which a lot of 'supporters' (not really, these types are 'fans', ask Keith) could take note of. Through thick or thin. Support em.

And don't tell me about us losing our best players to clubs higher up the food chain. Happened throughout my BFC watching life, 27 seasons. From Taggart and Tiler, to Payton and Redfearn, Hignett and Ward, Stones and Vaz Te. We're a small club and small clubs lose their good players.

I've never called those players shit once departed though. Not one of em. I think you mistake me for a 'fan'. I'm a supporter in the truest of forms. Some of you in this thread - going on previous posts over the nearly four years I've been registered - are clear fans.

Fickle.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:37 - Nov 9 with 982 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 19:11 - Nov 9 by D_Alien

And whilst you're at it, stop posting in "yarkshire"

It's shit

And false

Yorkshire. With an 'o'. Silly arse.

Sithi.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:37 - Nov 9 with 979 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:04 - Nov 9 by PDIDDY

Masssssivvvve

Flicker's budget?
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:40 - Nov 9 with 976 viewsWhiteyBFC

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:30 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

What you and 442 get up to in your spare time is your business.

We watch Doctor Who together, via Skype. Int buff.
Awesome Dawson!! on 21:45 - Nov 9 with 961 views442Dale

Awesome Dawson!! on 19:11 - Nov 9 by D_Alien

And whilst you're at it, stop posting in "yarkshire"

It's shit

And false

It's not. One visit to their forum indicates that's how they teach them to write from an early age.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awesome Dawson!! on 22:12 - Nov 9 with 928 viewsnordenblue

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:45 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

It's not. One visit to their forum indicates that's how they teach them to write from an early age.

Brain cells are few and far between over there tbf
Awesome Dawson!! on 22:32 - Nov 9 with 901 viewsD_Alien

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:37 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

Yorkshire. With an 'o'. Silly arse.

Sithi.

You don't understand inverted commas in yarkshire then?

Bugger off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Awesome Dawson!! on 01:30 - Nov 10 with 827 viewsJimmyRustler

As if we didn't need anymore evidence that Whitey is a bitter bell, he rolls in on this thread, breaking the world record for the most consecutive, unanswered, butthurt replies.
Awesome Dawson!! on 06:57 - Nov 10 with 800 viewsPDIDDY

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:37 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

Flicker's budget?

The ? Is correct, no one on here knows what the budget is,

Gissa job

Awesome Dawson!! on 09:16 - Nov 10 with 741 viewsRosun

And to date no one has mentioned the attendance at the club with Wakefield and Nottingham as the major nearby local distractions .... 5,158. Piss poor although Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed and Grimsby were at home.
Awesome Dawson!! on 09:53 - Nov 10 with 723 viewsBrierls

Awesome Dawson!! on 21:28 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

But I am patronising.

I think there's only 442 on here who can see me coming a mile off.

It's all good fun. You know (like, actually know) that am playing. I love Dale. Like a loveable cousin who's a bit simple. Can't help but wish him well, help him out, but also take the piss.

You haven't got anything to be patronising about.

You're shagging an old bird who is old enough to be your mother because, erm, she is Jacob Butterfield's mother! The poor fcuker probably left Barnsley to rid his poor old Mum of your shackles (not Jason), but you've hung around like a bad fart.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 10:16]
Awesome Dawson!! on 16:50 - Nov 10 with 612 viewsdaleythompson

Awesome Dawson!! on 16:38 - Nov 9 by WhiteyBFC

He was shite for us. But then, we're used to a better standard. If he was great for you and he's great for Dale then perhaps it's more down to you both being lower league fodder for years and thus seeing plenty of shit players. And, perhaps Dawson plays better at smaller clubs with less pressure/expectation?

Food for thought.

Lambert, Holt, C.Dawson, Buckley, Le Fondre, Dagnall, Jones, Murray, Gilks. To name a few. Yes we've had some shit players over the years but EVERY club has. We have also been fortunate enough to watch some great talent grace the hollowed turf of Spotland in recent years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024