Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC 18:42 - Apr 30 with 6587 viewsReslovenSwan1

"I thought we were excellent today, the game plan came off perfectly.

"We were very happy for Swansea to have the ball, we wanted to control the game without the ball, which we did brilliantly.

"5-1 is obviously a great result, but to be honest it could have been more, it should have been 5-1 at half-time.

"We know Swansea have a lot of the ball, but also knew they also concede a hell of a lot of chances and a hell of a lot of goals."

No one can argue with that. Martin is not adapting after similar away thrashings at Fulham Sheff Utd and Bournemouth. 2 or 3 signings are not going to solve it. Grimes and Downes are highly rated defensive midfielders. 27 shots 13 on target. Not sustainable. Martins changes made it worse not better.

Swansea lost to QPR in the FA cup 5-1. Declan John, Asoro and McKay never kicked the ball for Swansea again.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 18:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:09 - May 1 with 834 viewsSTID2017

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 08:37 - May 1 by onehunglow

Pretty obvious really.
Naughton basically a right back with no physical presence and Lati a kid from a big club who is no great shakes.
Bennett a decent pro ,hardly great but solid enough but like other players,ruined by this coach in shameless fashion whilst underperfoming favourites get away with murder. Seasoned pros screwed over as has been young talent like Joseph both sacrificed on the altar of arrogance.

Cooper would have been a very smug guy last night and who can blame him.He's got a team into the playoffs again. AGAIN. When he took over Forest looked anything but.That said,we never looked remotely likely to make playoffs. Luton Town will.LUTON TOWN .

Why do you do this ?
I was as angry with Martin yesterday, having spent all day and a lot of money to watch us turn in a very poor second half.
However, Martin is our manager. Swansea is our team.
Luton aren't.
Forest aren't.
Cooper isn't.
He has got three teams to the play offs.
Good for him.
Not won nothing yet.
If he does or does not, how does that help us ?
Try getting behind our manager, our team and our players next season please ?
Next Saturday 3.30 is when Martin's new season begins.
No hiding places if he fails, but let's start on a premise that he will succeed and go from there?
We could be Scunthorpe or Oldham fans. Imagine how they are feeling.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:49 - May 1 with 791 viewsvetchonian

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 01:15 - May 1 by cockett_jack

Swans have nothing to play for. Forest do, have a look at the table for Christ sake. Having a go at the manager, get a fecking grip lads. Forgotten the double?

The double against a crap Cardiff side look at the league

This manager is inept is not learning or adapting tactics to suit and vest fit players skills and abilities
Some of us have seen this since the beginning yet many still hope on him
Whilst it was great to do the double Martin will be forever revered for that and his failings overlooked as a result

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:56 - May 1 with 764 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:09 - May 1 by STID2017

Why do you do this ?
I was as angry with Martin yesterday, having spent all day and a lot of money to watch us turn in a very poor second half.
However, Martin is our manager. Swansea is our team.
Luton aren't.
Forest aren't.
Cooper isn't.
He has got three teams to the play offs.
Good for him.
Not won nothing yet.
If he does or does not, how does that help us ?
Try getting behind our manager, our team and our players next season please ?
Next Saturday 3.30 is when Martin's new season begins.
No hiding places if he fails, but let's start on a premise that he will succeed and go from there?
We could be Scunthorpe or Oldham fans. Imagine how they are feeling.

We could be Brighton or Bloody Bournemouth ,come to that.

Look upwards

Why do you accept this trash

Why?

Do you enjoy this ?

Is there an end result.

Has there been improvement?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:57 - May 1 with 778 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:49 - May 1 by vetchonian

This manager is inept is not learning or adapting tactics to suit and vest fit players skills and abilities
Whilst it was great to do the double Martin will be forever revered for that and his failings overlooked as a result

Change the record vetchy, some gave his tactics a chance and hoped it will all come together as the players got fitter and more familiar with what was required from them. Most have come around to the idea that it's not working and we cannot afford the players to make it work. I came to this conclusion around Nov/Dec.

For you to decide it wasn't working from the very beginning as you just stated, proves you were prejudiced from the start.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:02 - May 1 with 755 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:49 - May 1 by vetchonian

The cockett post articulate my worst fears and that are the Fact our sights have been lowered by the current coach and our expectations smashed asunder.Even a five 0ne tonking isnt enough.The derby double overides the fact our season has been dire and anyone saying so gets abuse.

All opinions !

Yeah ,course.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:07 - May 1 with 764 viewsSTID2017

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:56 - May 1 by onehunglow

Look upwards

Why?

Do you enjoy this ?

Is there an end result.

Truth.
I would rather watch a season under Martin than the two under Cooper when he was he was down here.
The Forest team bares no resemblance to the way we played under Cooper.
I don't accept anything.
I ho into every match thinking we are good enough to win, every season thinking this is the one.
However ultimately there will be 21 disappointed teams in the Championship every season.
Three of those obviously more than disappointed.
We live to fight another season.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:21 - May 1 with 745 viewsWhiterockin

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:56 - May 1 by onehunglow

Look upwards

Why?

Do you enjoy this ?

Is there an end result.

It's amazing how the frequency of your posts change depending on if we have a positive or negative result. Are you sure you don't enjoy us losing.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:36 - May 1 with 729 viewsGriffting

Felt worried straight away when I saw the team yesterday and always do when I see that back 3 together.

You can’t expect to contend with this forest side who have real athleticism and physicality with a centre back with no pace whos under 6 ft, a CM turned LWB playing a CB & a full back at CB.

Every time they broke down our left past Wolfs press Manning would stay central and let their player have a free run to the byline/into the box. Crazy.

Every time there was a turn over they would instantly look for a through ball and forward runs and because our defence are so inexperienced in that position they were all over the place.
Login to get fewer ads

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:36 - May 1 with 716 viewsonehunglow

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:21 - May 1 by Whiterockin

It's amazing how the frequency of your posts change depending on if we have a positive or negative result. Are you sure you don't enjoy us losing.

Absolutely sure matey. I hate losing

It would be easier and less aggravating to dig the garden .

Nobody is enjoying this season but ,I will say what I feel but I do not aim to antagonise anyone personally. If that which I do does then it ain’t my problem.
People see their backside over different things.

I don’t like players careers getting ruined,young players brought on the field of play with a minute to go. That sort of thing. Seems many of us are nit bothered at how we treat players . Imagine being Ben Hamer . Or Benda .

Thanks for reading .

Pleasant Sunday,that s it for today . Any hate please DM me .

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:46 - May 1 with 717 viewsLorax

Ok then, ignoring other teams and managers...what this season proves is that controlling the ball doesn't mean controlling the game. 71% and still got thrashed.

You still need to be able to defend and score goals, the most basic things that surely we can all agree are not happening, we cannot defend, not even a 3 goal lead. We score goals but not enough because we concede far too many. We are so inconsistent the bookies must love us.
How can we have 71% and still the opposition have many more shots at goal than us and more than 3 times as many on target and 12 corners to our 4?

I have looked again at 3 different places and they give the possession stats very differently, one says 71 for us but another says 51% Which is it? Sky says 69.9, lets go with that.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:51 - May 1 with 702 viewsSTID2017

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:46 - May 1 by Lorax

Ok then, ignoring other teams and managers...what this season proves is that controlling the ball doesn't mean controlling the game. 71% and still got thrashed.

You still need to be able to defend and score goals, the most basic things that surely we can all agree are not happening, we cannot defend, not even a 3 goal lead. We score goals but not enough because we concede far too many. We are so inconsistent the bookies must love us.
How can we have 71% and still the opposition have many more shots at goal than us and more than 3 times as many on target and 12 corners to our 4?

I have looked again at 3 different places and they give the possession stats very differently, one says 71 for us but another says 51% Which is it? Sky says 69.9, lets go with that.

Good post.
Possession for possession's sake is annoying.
Possession and turning it into quick incisive attack is something else.
Plus we as you say need to learn the basics when it comes to defending, from the keeper on

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:59 - May 1 with 693 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 01:15 - May 1 by cockett_jack

Swans have nothing to play for. Forest do, have a look at the table for Christ sake. Having a go at the manager, get a fecking grip lads. Forgotten the double?

There’s a lot more to just beating Cardiff if the Swans want to thrive as a football club. We had an outside chance of the play offs around two weeks ago and we stumbled back into this hellish mediocrity once again. Personal and professional pride was at stake yesterday and there was none on show. Forest weren’t even good as I said on another thread - we have them everything. Come on Bournemouth take second and consign Forest to the play offs please.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 11:07 - May 1 with 679 viewsmax936

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:59 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

There’s a lot more to just beating Cardiff if the Swans want to thrive as a football club. We had an outside chance of the play offs around two weeks ago and we stumbled back into this hellish mediocrity once again. Personal and professional pride was at stake yesterday and there was none on show. Forest weren’t even good as I said on another thread - we have them everything. Come on Bournemouth take second and consign Forest to the play offs please.

Forest weren't even good, well that's a bigger worry for SCFC after getting thrashed 5-1

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 11:09 - May 1 with 670 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 09:57 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

Change the record vetchy, some gave his tactics a chance and hoped it will all come together as the players got fitter and more familiar with what was required from them. Most have come around to the idea that it's not working and we cannot afford the players to make it work. I came to this conclusion around Nov/Dec.

For you to decide it wasn't working from the very beginning as you just stated, proves you were prejudiced from the start.

The reasons for the tactics not working aren’t time specific.

The reasons they didn’t work after game 4 is the same reason they still weren’t working by game 44. This wasn’t prejudice, this was common sense.

To slate someone for seeing something earlier than others is just ludicrous.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:14 - May 1 with 637 viewsjasper_T

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:51 - May 1 by STID2017

Good post.
Possession for possession's sake is annoying.
Possession and turning it into quick incisive attack is something else.
Plus we as you say need to learn the basics when it comes to defending, from the keeper on

I have no problem with "possession for possession's sake". Brendan Rodgers liked it as a way to defend and let players rest. It's not all about trying to score goals for 90 minutes. Possession is a platform that can be used to manage the game. Our problem at the moment is that we put ourselves into awful defensive positions while we're in possession. The outside centre halves step into midfield, Naughton steps into midfield, and the wingbacks play further forward than old-fashioned wingers. We have huge gaps in behind especially in wider areas so when teams press with 3 or 4 like Forest did, and have any amount of pace, we're in trouble every time someone misplaces a pass.

The solution isn't to find players who will never misplace a pass. They don't exist. We kept the ball under Potter but didn't concede a single goal from a counter, because we didn't over-commit (and to be fair van der Hoorn was rapid in full stride).
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:17 - May 1 with 631 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 11:09 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

The reasons for the tactics not working aren’t time specific.

The reasons they didn’t work after game 4 is the same reason they still weren’t working by game 44. This wasn’t prejudice, this was common sense.

To slate someone for seeing something earlier than others is just ludicrous.

That's complete nonsense and you know it. Players do need time to adapt to new tactics, get upto the required fitness levels etc. The worrying thing is, they still don't seem to be at the required levels to compete and they do not have the ability to beat the press consistently. But you cannot say for sure that would have been the case for the first part of the season.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:29 - May 1 with 613 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:17 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

That's complete nonsense and you know it. Players do need time to adapt to new tactics, get upto the required fitness levels etc. The worrying thing is, they still don't seem to be at the required levels to compete and they do not have the ability to beat the press consistently. But you cannot say for sure that would have been the case for the first part of the season.

It’s certainly not nonsense.

I can show you posts from very early on that are explaining why the issues seen back then won’t go away. Those issues are still seen today and now recognised as the reason why it’s not working (no wingers, no pace, no back four, not the right CB’s, refusal to go long etc etc etc).

It’s not a case of players getting used to it. It’s a flawed system, getting used to a flawed system just means you are used to failing - and we have. The fan base expectations have fallen at an alarming rate.

I can jump off my roof in January with the hope of flapping my wings and flying by the end of the year. But the plan is fundamentally flawed… this plan won’t get better the more I do it and the more I get used to it. What becomes clear by the end of the year was strikingly obvious at the start - it’s just some are blinded by dreams where as others see sense.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:35]

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:37 - May 1 with 608 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:29 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s certainly not nonsense.

I can show you posts from very early on that are explaining why the issues seen back then won’t go away. Those issues are still seen today and now recognised as the reason why it’s not working (no wingers, no pace, no back four, not the right CB’s, refusal to go long etc etc etc).

It’s not a case of players getting used to it. It’s a flawed system, getting used to a flawed system just means you are used to failing - and we have. The fan base expectations have fallen at an alarming rate.

I can jump off my roof in January with the hope of flapping my wings and flying by the end of the year. But the plan is fundamentally flawed… this plan won’t get better the more I do it and the more I get used to it. What becomes clear by the end of the year was strikingly obvious at the start - it’s just some are blinded by dreams where as others see sense.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:35]

You made your mind up straight away, it just happens it seems you were correct, however that doesn't mean it could have turned out differently. I genuinely belive if RM wasn't to stubborn to change things around during games, we'd have a lot more points on the board. His stubborness is just as much an issue as the system and that is something you couldn't have known from the start.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:38 - May 1 with 607 viewsvetchonian

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:17 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

I suggest you read and digestvJaspers recent post suns it up....the tactics employed are suicidal as the results through the season have shown.
yesterday forest sets record of 17 shots higher than even Man City or Liverpool have achieved on one match despite only having 30% possesion

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:47 - May 1 with 601 viewsRichardO

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:14 - May 1 by jasper_T

I have no problem with "possession for possession's sake". Brendan Rodgers liked it as a way to defend and let players rest. It's not all about trying to score goals for 90 minutes. Possession is a platform that can be used to manage the game. Our problem at the moment is that we put ourselves into awful defensive positions while we're in possession. The outside centre halves step into midfield, Naughton steps into midfield, and the wingbacks play further forward than old-fashioned wingers. We have huge gaps in behind especially in wider areas so when teams press with 3 or 4 like Forest did, and have any amount of pace, we're in trouble every time someone misplaces a pass.

The solution isn't to find players who will never misplace a pass. They don't exist. We kept the ball under Potter but didn't concede a single goal from a counter, because we didn't over-commit (and to be fair van der Hoorn was rapid in full stride).

About sums it up for me this season, players committing to going forward without adquate cover in place.
The better teams ensure while going forward in numbers, pace and intelligence all around the team to provide cover.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:18 - May 1 with 577 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:37 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

You made your mind up straight away, it just happens it seems you were correct, however that doesn't mean it could have turned out differently. I genuinely belive if RM wasn't to stubborn to change things around during games, we'd have a lot more points on the board. His stubborness is just as much an issue as the system and that is something you couldn't have known from the start.

I made my mind up after seeing the tactics, not before.

The issues with those tactics remain, as I said they would at the time and explained exactly why.

It’s not a coincidence or happenstance.

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:22 - May 1 with 575 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 12:38 - May 1 by vetchonian

I suggest you read and digestvJaspers recent post suns it up....the tactics employed are suicidal as the results through the season have shown.
yesterday forest sets record of 17 shots higher than even Man City or Liverpool have achieved on one match despite only having 30% possesion

So you knew that from the very beginning. Absolute rubbish vetch, the tactics could and should have been modified but they weren't, that's when more and more people started to agree RM wasn't and isn't the answer. You did not know that from the start. You just had some weird issue that Cooper was badly treated and you're still going on about it 44 games later.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:25 - May 1 with 563 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:22 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

So you knew that from the very beginning. Absolute rubbish vetch, the tactics could and should have been modified but they weren't, that's when more and more people started to agree RM wasn't and isn't the answer. You did not know that from the start. You just had some weird issue that Cooper was badly treated and you're still going on about it 44 games later.

What do you mean?

What was said at the beginning was “unless we change the tactics, we aren’t going to win many games. These tactics are flawed”.

Which part of that do you disagree with then?

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:26 - May 1 with 566 viewsGwyn737

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 10:07 - May 1 by STID2017

Truth.
I would rather watch a season under Martin than the two under Cooper when he was he was down here.
The Forest team bares no resemblance to the way we played under Cooper.
I don't accept anything.
I ho into every match thinking we are good enough to win, every season thinking this is the one.
However ultimately there will be 21 disappointed teams in the Championship every season.
Three of those obviously more than disappointed.
We live to fight another season.

Totally agree with this.

This season has been excruciatingly frustrating at times and there has been lots of mistakes along the way.

However, playoffs or not I was getting completely disengaged under Cooper. For the first time in over thirty years there were times I didn’t even bother looking for our result until the next day. I was bored senseless for two years.

Well done to him at Forest where he has performed fantastically. Makes absolutely no difference to how I feel about his time as our manager.
Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:32 - May 1 with 556 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brutal Cooper comments on BBC on 13:26 - May 1 by Gwyn737

Totally agree with this.

This season has been excruciatingly frustrating at times and there has been lots of mistakes along the way.

However, playoffs or not I was getting completely disengaged under Cooper. For the first time in over thirty years there were times I didn’t even bother looking for our result until the next day. I was bored senseless for two years.

Well done to him at Forest where he has performed fantastically. Makes absolutely no difference to how I feel about his time as our manager.

I loved the two seasons he was manager here.

Was the first time in a long time I had faith that a manager could actually manage and get the best out of what he had. It told me that come a time he was eventually backed to bring his own players in then it could be something quite astonishing.

Unfortunately he was never truly backed and despite improving season on season, he was pushed out. Now we have gone backwards at breakneck speed and ironically now decided to back a manager with no proven track record and no evidence he knows what on earth he is doing.

Seeing what he has done at Forest has only confirmed what many were saying regarding his time here. How he was treated was a travesty, we are now seeing the aftermath of that decision.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 13:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024