Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar 21:17 - Aug 27 with 17732 viewsThe_Beast1976

Does anyone genuinely believe there is a player in there? Looks an absolute shocker to me I'm afraid. Offers absolutely nothing and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

Dembele, on the other hand, looks a real find
[Post edited 27 Aug 21:19]
Celar on 10:06 - Aug 28 with 4582 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 08:31 - Aug 28 by Blue_Castello

Well I downvoted the OP from the train on the way home, I didn't have time to start posting last night, as for Stainrod he has upset so many people over time with his cutting remarks that from a previous post on here there's a list of people with him on ignore.

We spent a lot of time watching Celar in particular last night, he had a good game in a number of aspects, battling against big centre halves bigger than him, winning some duels and headers, holding up the ball at times, trying to link play, a very intelligent pass to Dixon-Bonner which led to the goal. What we didn't give him was much support because if he did win the ball there was nobody near him to link up play, considering the lack of minutes he has had since he arrived at the club this was his first full 90 and he should be pleased with his performance.

The need for somebody to post at 09:17 last night saying he's not good enough is almost beyond belief, presumably watching from home on a screen if you have that much time on your hands to go out of your way to criticise one of the new players. As people have already posted at least give the bloke a chance, he showed some movement and anticipation last night as well something that's been missing since probably Austin and I don't mean the last version of Charlie either.

You're not wrong Blue, but both posters are still in the best place to discuss and give their opinions though.

Like them or not we shouldn't gatekeep, and I see red when I see OP's get dogpilled. More so when I have a few

Personally I think we as a club that has signed some absolute donkeys over the years is going to invite this type discussion. Is it Celars fault we signed Washington, Hulse, Bonne, Mlakar, Keane, Macheda.

So the way I see it is the people that spent their hard earned following said donkeys up and down the land are entitled to be a little cynical in this regard.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 10:56 - Aug 28 with 4248 viewsPhilmyRs

Found his performance reassuring.

He looked like he had some potential, a bit stronger than I remember, awareness of play going on around him also seemed better. Clearly he will need a bit of time to get up to speed. I liked Dave Mc's view on what a good season would be for him - if he can get around 8-10 goals that would suggest he has some ability, but will also mean he's likely to have gone through some tough spells as well and will show his character. We need to back him and support him and certainly not be writing him off this early in his Rangers career.
[Post edited 28 Aug 10:56]
Celar on 11:09 - Aug 28 with 4123 viewseastside_r

Celar on 10:06 - Aug 28 by Hooping_Mad

You're not wrong Blue, but both posters are still in the best place to discuss and give their opinions though.

Like them or not we shouldn't gatekeep, and I see red when I see OP's get dogpilled. More so when I have a few

Personally I think we as a club that has signed some absolute donkeys over the years is going to invite this type discussion. Is it Celars fault we signed Washington, Hulse, Bonne, Mlakar, Keane, Macheda.

So the way I see it is the people that spent their hard earned following said donkeys up and down the land are entitled to be a little cynical in this regard.

Dogpilled?

I had to look it up. I wish I hadn’t!
Celar on 11:10 - Aug 28 with 4110 viewsCiderwithRsie

Celar on 00:32 - Aug 28 by Jimboqpr

I hope there's a player there, but it's way too early to say one way or the other really after so little playing time. My early thoughts based on going to the game tonight and seeing the Plymouth match on tv the other day is that he's got a good first touch and seems to have good awareness, but I thought he struggled a bit to hold it up at times against a very physical Luton team and he's unlikely to do anyone for pace, so he's going to need a particular type of ball played into him either near to or inside the box from midfield, so he can bring others into it like he did for the first goal tonight otherwise he'll be very easy to isolate. I think he looked more effective with a big man (Frey) alongside him against Plymouth, so that might be one way we can play to his strengths. Or maybe Chair cutting in and getting closer to him and passing into his feet might be another way. There's so many new attacking players in the side though that its just going to take time for them to understand the movement patterns and triggers that Marti wants. Early days.

The physicality and pace of English football is I think his biggest challenge.
Celar on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 4070 viewsdmm

Celar on 11:10 - Aug 28 by CiderwithRsie

The physicality and pace of English football is I think his biggest challenge.

Yep, and he's not the only newbie needing time to adjust to this league. Varane and Saito in particular will also need to learn how to play in the Championship.
Celar on 11:21 - Aug 28 with 4013 viewslassel

Contrarian again maybe but I’ve been quietly impressed by Celar.

At times he gets caught flatfooted and tied up between centre backs but every striker at QPR for years has because the service has historically been shite.

What’s encouraging about him is here and at Plymouth he has gotten across his man several times and gotten on the end of balls into the box and should’ve scored a couple by now. He also more often than not so far has gotten himself into great positions when our wingers have broken with the ball but hasn’t been found.

It’s footballs biggest cliche but he really does just need one to ricochet in off him and he will be fine.
Celar on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 3991 viewsswisscottage

Celar on 11:14 - Aug 28 by dmm

Yep, and he's not the only newbie needing time to adjust to this league. Varane and Saito in particular will also need to learn how to play in the Championship.

I also thought that Varane had come on significantly since his debut as well.

I know he's got a long way to go but he reminded me a little of Ali Faurlin
Celar on 11:26 - Aug 28 with 3919 viewsCiderwithRsie

Celar on 23:56 - Aug 27 by Hooping_Mad

I get what your saying however in context 14 people downvoted the OP most without offering an opinion, the reason you can confidently share your opinion on Stainrod is that he does at least engage and give cause.

A forum isn't worth visiting if we all have to have a prescribed opinion, go read Not606 it's dead.

What you've done there is play the man and not the ball.

Just an opinion.

Well I didn't downvote it because other people had already done that in numbers so there didn't seem a need, but I was tempted.

It's not about me not wanting opinions I don't agree with, it's because it's a poor post - compare it with the OP on the Smyth thread which is not only balanced but (more importantly) is specific on the critique.

Agree or disagree, there's something to engage with.

OK, we're all entitled to our opinion, but "opinion" is all we got here. I'd rather see some thought - most people on here know more about football than me, that's what I value here.
Login to get fewer ads

Celar on 11:35 - Aug 28 with 3797 viewsAntti_Heinola

Always worth remembering that people are entitled to their opinions. But if one person has an opinion that seems broad, sweeping, with not a lot of thought or patience, it's valid for other people to have an opinion that they are talking nonsense and to say as much, and give reasons why. The preciousness of some posters (not the OP particularly) who express a big bold opinion nakedly designed to cause a bit of a ruckus when that ruckus is duly caused is always pretty mind-blowing.

Bare bones.

Celar on 12:05 - Aug 28 with 3653 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 11:35 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

Always worth remembering that people are entitled to their opinions. But if one person has an opinion that seems broad, sweeping, with not a lot of thought or patience, it's valid for other people to have an opinion that they are talking nonsense and to say as much, and give reasons why. The preciousness of some posters (not the OP particularly) who express a big bold opinion nakedly designed to cause a bit of a ruckus when that ruckus is duly caused is always pretty mind-blowing.

I think we've all displayed more than ample patience.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 12:06 - Aug 28 with 3627 viewsToast_R

I'm sure the same was said about Les Ferdinand after 3 matches.
Celar on 12:20 - Aug 28 with 3516 viewsLazyFan

Off the pace again against Luton.

As one example only, turning to run through he was too slow, but when he did so, it was decent. Its not that he's slow himself, he just has not adjusted to the pass and instant move of the Champ.

However, a noticeable improvement in holding up the ball and laying it off. Made himself available to do that. And when his teammates got him the ball he was useful. Also as he could receive the ball and control it, he was able to pass it around a bit as well.

Therefore he is improving. the Champ is a major culture shock for most foreign players. Remember when Paal came in? He was a nervous rabbit in the headlights in his first few games. Nardi now realises he has less time on the ball when playing from the back and moves it half a second quicker. Even Andersen, who played international football, took a few games to get going. Santos was better tonight in both positions.

Dembele played at Blackpool last season, you know Blackpool where the wind gushes around all over the place and L1, where kick and smash is how they play, game after game. A game such as Blackpool vs Wycombe cannot be easy on the eye. Dembele is ready, he knows how it goes. Run, run, run.

Varane was better against Luton as well, put his foot in and body on Lutons midfield a lot more. And it showed, it was harder for Luton to play through us so, they played around us a lot instead.

The jury is out on Celar at the moment. Personally, I am still not convinced, but its early days and he has improved, and if he keeps going, then I suspect he will start scoring lots of them and then I will be convinced.

zzzzzzzzzz

Celar on 12:24 - Aug 28 with 3468 viewsCiderwithRsie

Celar on 12:06 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

It was, and furthermore Les Ferdinand in his first three matches wasn't the bloke we all remember banging in goals - it's on record that Ray Wilkins gave him a stern talking to.
Celar on 12:25 - Aug 28 with 3461 viewsStreathamRanger

Celar on 12:20 - Aug 28 by LazyFan

Off the pace again against Luton.

As one example only, turning to run through he was too slow, but when he did so, it was decent. Its not that he's slow himself, he just has not adjusted to the pass and instant move of the Champ.

However, a noticeable improvement in holding up the ball and laying it off. Made himself available to do that. And when his teammates got him the ball he was useful. Also as he could receive the ball and control it, he was able to pass it around a bit as well.

Therefore he is improving. the Champ is a major culture shock for most foreign players. Remember when Paal came in? He was a nervous rabbit in the headlights in his first few games. Nardi now realises he has less time on the ball when playing from the back and moves it half a second quicker. Even Andersen, who played international football, took a few games to get going. Santos was better tonight in both positions.

Dembele played at Blackpool last season, you know Blackpool where the wind gushes around all over the place and L1, where kick and smash is how they play, game after game. A game such as Blackpool vs Wycombe cannot be easy on the eye. Dembele is ready, he knows how it goes. Run, run, run.

Varane was better against Luton as well, put his foot in and body on Lutons midfield a lot more. And it showed, it was harder for Luton to play through us so, they played around us a lot instead.

The jury is out on Celar at the moment. Personally, I am still not convinced, but its early days and he has improved, and if he keeps going, then I suspect he will start scoring lots of them and then I will be convinced.

Interesting how we all see things differently. I thought Celar was more impressive than Varane. For me, Varane's passing was poor and he still looks like he has to get used to the pace and physicality of the English game. He's definitely got the attributes to become a good player and I'm pleased he got 90 minutes yesterday even though you could argue a good case for hauling him off. I think both Celar and Varane will come good.
Celar on 12:46 - Aug 28 with 3291 viewsMonkey_Roots

Being the club that we are, and in the financial constraints we find ourselves in, we have to accept that we aren't going to do all our business in the first week of preseason and have all our new signings given the benefit of a full preseason.

We have to leave it a bit later, and therefore most of our new signings are having their preseason during the actual season.

Its frustrating I know, but I think we're not going to see this team click, as we all hoped it would, until at least November time.

I too am looking at the way we're playing at the moment and its a bit 'meh'... but I'm hoping that once the new fellas have had a bit of time to settle and get to know one another, and Marti gets his style across, that we'll be a fast aggressive nightmare for anyone we face - feeding Celar, and letting him bang in goal after goal.

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing this team realise its potential.
Celar on 12:47 - Aug 28 with 3277 viewsNW5Hoop

I thought Celar was subject to unfair criticism after Plymouth. He did miss his chances, but look how he managed to create them for himself – the one he blazed over, where he brought the ball down and turned fluently. That counts for more, for me, than one bounced in off his shin.

Thought he looked pretty good last night. Not amazing, but pretty good, and I hope he carries on getting better.

Varane looks to me he like he might be the passive Samba Diakité. One minute he's running the game. The next you can just tap him off the ball or watch him fall asleep in possession. Is that better or worse than going mental and getting sent off?
Celar on 13:14 - Aug 28 with 3145 viewsLanhoop

I thought Varane improved a lot when Colback went off. As I saw it a llot of Madsen’s good work was done off the ball giving Varane more space and a chance to play a bit more.

Luton’s centre backs had a good game and Celar did well against them.

Seemed to me that most of us who were there last night were reasonably impressed with all the new guys.
Celar on 13:32 - Aug 28 with 3033 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Celar on 12:06 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

Don Howe played Darren Peacock up front before he put Les in the team!
Celar on 13:57 - Aug 28 with 2898 viewssouthbrookstreet

Celar on 23:56 - Aug 27 by Hooping_Mad

I get what your saying however in context 14 people downvoted the OP most without offering an opinion, the reason you can confidently share your opinion on Stainrod is that he does at least engage and give cause.

A forum isn't worth visiting if we all have to have a prescribed opinion, go read Not606 it's dead.

What you've done there is play the man and not the ball.

Just an opinion.

not606... forgot all about that old website alright when it started but got worse as time passed gave it up yonks ago
Celar on 15:08 - Aug 28 with 2685 viewsdoogi10

i thnk a loy passes going wrong and palyers meking the wrong runs.
will get better when the palyers all settle.
Celar on 16:10 - Aug 28 with 2416 viewsstevec

Celar on 12:24 - Aug 28 by CiderwithRsie

It was, and furthermore Les Ferdinand in his first three matches wasn't the bloke we all remember banging in goals - it's on record that Ray Wilkins gave him a stern talking to.

Can never agree with the train of thought on Les early appearances.

He was lacking the finish but had every other attribute required to be a CF. Total different kettle of fish than anything before or since.
Celar on 16:34 - Aug 28 with 2245 viewsLazyFan

Celar on 12:25 - Aug 28 by StreathamRanger

Interesting how we all see things differently. I thought Celar was more impressive than Varane. For me, Varane's passing was poor and he still looks like he has to get used to the pace and physicality of the English game. He's definitely got the attributes to become a good player and I'm pleased he got 90 minutes yesterday even though you could argue a good case for hauling him off. I think both Celar and Varane will come good.

I didn't say Varane was better. I agree with you Celar was better, I just see the improvements in both. Yet they still, I think, need more games to adjust to the Champ.

zzzzzzzzzz

Celar on 19:33 - Aug 28 with 1993 viewsRsinWales

Celar on 16:34 - Aug 28 by LazyFan

I didn't say Varane was better. I agree with you Celar was better, I just see the improvements in both. Yet they still, I think, need more games to adjust to the Champ.

I am not worried, yet. He finds some decent positions and is starting to get some decent service.

Hopefully the penalty will give him a confidence 'tracer' and a few more will start hitting the back of the net.

As others have said, new country, new language, new team mates, new manager, new system and a new league. He's human and needs time to adjust.
Celar on 00:54 - Aug 29 with 1620 viewsstainrods_elbow

Celar on 23:16 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Well a lot of posters have the OPINION that most of your posts are negative and whinging and you throw your toys out of the pram when you are called up on this.
That’s my opinion too: suck it up.

Yawn!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Celar on 16:39 - Aug 29 with 947 viewsNorthernr

Varane, so far, very nice cameo against West Brom. Absolute fcking 64 carat nightmare at Sheff U. Luton the other night, bits of good, bits of bad, very hard to mark.

Santos... Looked miles and miles off it in pre-season to me. And scarily bad at Cambridge. Like he didn't even know where to be. Jimmy Dunne driving him round like a toy car. Then, against Luton, pretty decent I thought, in both positions. And scored.

Saito, good at Sheff Utd, poor against Plymouth, little of column A and a little of column B on Tuesday.

Dembele's been brilliant every time but he'll have a bad game shortly.

That's how it is with players anyway, it's how it is with Championship players more, it's how it is with the sort of Championship players we can afford especially, and this season it's going to be an extreme case because of the profile of player we've signed.

I'm not sure why you'd rush to judge anyway, but certainly not this season.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024