Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar 21:17 - Aug 27 with 17731 viewsThe_Beast1976

Does anyone genuinely believe there is a player in there? Looks an absolute shocker to me I'm afraid. Offers absolutely nothing and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

Dembele, on the other hand, looks a real find
[Post edited 27 Aug 21:19]
Celar on 22:38 - Aug 27 with 4263 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He did some lovely stuff tonight. Held it up, won free-kicks, played some nice passes...and scored a penalty. Has a good touch too.
Celar on 23:11 - Aug 27 with 4007 viewsstainrods_elbow

Celar on 21:56 - Aug 27 by BrizR

Bloke was whinging about Celar 60 minutes into the first game of the season as well. Some people are just desperate to be unhappy.

The guy was offering an opinion. Shall I spell it out for you? O-P-I-N-I-O-N. In a post that also praised Dembele, which you overlooked. If you don't like it, rather than engaging in cod psychologisations about people you don't know, I suggest you quit this message board and join a cult.
[Post edited 27 Aug 23:13]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Celar on 23:16 - Aug 27 with 3989 viewsNed_Kennedys

Celar on 23:11 - Aug 27 by stainrods_elbow

The guy was offering an opinion. Shall I spell it out for you? O-P-I-N-I-O-N. In a post that also praised Dembele, which you overlooked. If you don't like it, rather than engaging in cod psychologisations about people you don't know, I suggest you quit this message board and join a cult.

Well a lot of posters have the OPINION that most of your posts are negative and whinging and you throw your toys out of the pram when you are called up on this.
That’s my opinion too: suck it up.
Celar on 23:23 - Aug 27 with 3933 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Really liked what I saw tonight. A couple of nice passes, one led to the goal - neither Armstrong nor Dykes had that sort of composure. Spends a lot of time in and around the six yard box which tells me the goals will come.

He just looks like a far more technically able player than Dykes and he hasn’t even started getting used to Chanpionship football yet.

Absolutely ludicrous that anyone could be willing to draw a negative conclusion already.
Celar on 23:27 - Aug 27 with 3881 viewsLisbonR

He had the vision to set up EDB for the shot that was scored by Santos on the rebound, and then stepped up in front of the away fans and nailed his penalty under pressure which helped take us through.

I'll never understand why "some fans" feel the need to put a dampener on things, especially after we win!
Celar on 23:42 - Aug 27 with 3765 viewsHunterhoop

He was much better today. Tidy in the build up. Used his body better to regain possession. He looked more assured througout.

It was positive today. There is a player in there. Needs a bit of luck in front of goal and needs to build a better relationship with teammates in terms of reading/understanding what each of them are going to do.

But strong signs of improvement.

I still think Frey is the first choice, mind.
Celar on 23:56 - Aug 27 with 3678 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 23:16 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Well a lot of posters have the OPINION that most of your posts are negative and whinging and you throw your toys out of the pram when you are called up on this.
That’s my opinion too: suck it up.

I get what your saying however in context 14 people downvoted the OP most without offering an opinion, the reason you can confidently share your opinion on Stainrod is that he does at least engage and give cause.

A forum isn't worth visiting if we all have to have a prescribed opinion, go read Not606 it's dead.

What you've done there is play the man and not the ball.

Just an opinion.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 00:13 - Aug 28 with 3589 viewsSydneyRs

Call me old fashioned but I think its a bit early to judge a player in a new country and league. In Marti we trust.
Login to get fewer ads

Celar on 00:20 - Aug 28 with 3495 viewsbosh67

Celar on 00:13 - Aug 28 by SydneyRs

Call me old fashioned but I think its a bit early to judge a player in a new country and league. In Marti we trust.

I think he'll be fine. He's young, he'll learn.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Celar on 00:32 - Aug 28 with 3454 viewsJimboqpr

I hope there's a player there, but it's way too early to say one way or the other really after so little playing time. My early thoughts based on going to the game tonight and seeing the Plymouth match on tv the other day is that he's got a good first touch and seems to have good awareness, but I thought he struggled a bit to hold it up at times against a very physical Luton team and he's unlikely to do anyone for pace, so he's going to need a particular type of ball played into him either near to or inside the box from midfield, so he can bring others into it like he did for the first goal tonight otherwise he'll be very easy to isolate. I think he looked more effective with a big man (Frey) alongside him against Plymouth, so that might be one way we can play to his strengths. Or maybe Chair cutting in and getting closer to him and passing into his feet might be another way. There's so many new attacking players in the side though that its just going to take time for them to understand the movement patterns and triggers that Marti wants. Early days.
Celar on 00:32 - Aug 28 with 3454 viewsTW_R

Says the person who called someone a jackass on the Dykes thread literally 5 minutes before this post.
[Post edited 28 Aug 0:33]
Celar on 00:42 - Aug 28 with 3411 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 00:32 - Aug 28 by Jimboqpr

I hope there's a player there, but it's way too early to say one way or the other really after so little playing time. My early thoughts based on going to the game tonight and seeing the Plymouth match on tv the other day is that he's got a good first touch and seems to have good awareness, but I thought he struggled a bit to hold it up at times against a very physical Luton team and he's unlikely to do anyone for pace, so he's going to need a particular type of ball played into him either near to or inside the box from midfield, so he can bring others into it like he did for the first goal tonight otherwise he'll be very easy to isolate. I think he looked more effective with a big man (Frey) alongside him against Plymouth, so that might be one way we can play to his strengths. Or maybe Chair cutting in and getting closer to him and passing into his feet might be another way. There's so many new attacking players in the side though that its just going to take time for them to understand the movement patterns and triggers that Marti wants. Early days.

I thought he was better at the hold up tonight, but missed most of the second half doing the scouts run.

I think its great he got his pen, should help.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 01:53 - Aug 28 with 3264 viewsSharpy36

"I’m not expecting anything from him this year"

And all the other players that have joined this year ?

With that low expectation year after year, is why we`re sh1t.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Celar on 04:04 - Aug 28 with 3079 viewsvanrrrr

I think there is a player there but needs time. from what i undersand Dembele struggled after he left celtic too and a run of games at Blackpool second half of last season was where he found his way… Suspect Celar and Varane will need the same patience.

Movement, quick feet and awareness looks ok to me though
Celar on 07:48 - Aug 28 with 2723 viewsChrisNW6

I trust the Commodore 64 data and analysis on all the new players. Thought he had a much better game and the goals will follow. Can see him playing alongside Frey at times during the season as well.

Great penalty and far too early to criticise any of the new signings, they've all had moments now where you can see promise.
Celar on 07:57 - Aug 28 with 2627 viewssparkey

I think maybe we're all a little bit scarred about strikers after the past few years.

Celar has looked decent to me, getting better each game. We need to give him time to adapt to this league but I've seen enough to suggest he's technically able for sure with good positioning.
Celar on 08:10 - Aug 28 with 2489 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are we going to have this ‘debate’ every time the bloke plays and doesn’t look like the reincarnation of prime Adriano? He did fine. Good pass for the goal, did the ugly stuff better than the first game with not much support at times. Fluffed one chance. Took his penalty well for whatever that’s worth. Cheap players from weak leagues don’t often come into this league and tear it up immediately.
Celar on 08:31 - Aug 28 with 2364 viewsBlue_Castello

Celar on 23:56 - Aug 27 by Hooping_Mad

I get what your saying however in context 14 people downvoted the OP most without offering an opinion, the reason you can confidently share your opinion on Stainrod is that he does at least engage and give cause.

A forum isn't worth visiting if we all have to have a prescribed opinion, go read Not606 it's dead.

What you've done there is play the man and not the ball.

Just an opinion.

Well I downvoted the OP from the train on the way home, I didn't have time to start posting last night, as for Stainrod he has upset so many people over time with his cutting remarks that from a previous post on here there's a list of people with him on ignore.

We spent a lot of time watching Celar in particular last night, he had a good game in a number of aspects, battling against big centre halves bigger than him, winning some duels and headers, holding up the ball at times, trying to link play, a very intelligent pass to Dixon-Bonner which led to the goal. What we didn't give him was much support because if he did win the ball there was nobody near him to link up play, considering the lack of minutes he has had since he arrived at the club this was his first full 90 and he should be pleased with his performance.

The need for somebody to post at 09:17 last night saying he's not good enough is almost beyond belief, presumably watching from home on a screen if you have that much time on your hands to go out of your way to criticise one of the new players. As people have already posted at least give the bloke a chance, he showed some movement and anticipation last night as well something that's been missing since probably Austin and I don't mean the last version of Charlie either.
Celar on 08:52 - Aug 28 with 2238 viewsBrizR

While you're on the lookout for people shouting down the opinions of others, may I suggest investing in a mirror?
Celar on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 2091 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Writing off a player before it's even September, good one.

It's the QPR way. Same mentality as those who booed Radek Cerny 5 minutes into his debut.
Celar on 09:23 - Aug 28 with 2023 viewswestberksr

Celar on 22:24 - Aug 27 by CLAREMAN1995

He could have scored 3 times Saturday which would have been a spectacular start to his QPR career .
Tonight he was facing a top defense and playing by himself so I thought he did ok.
Walking up to the take that first penalty at the away end shows serious balls and buired it fair play to him .He could be an excellent player IMO

this; was unlucky Saturday. His control a couple of times to set up the shot was very good; just didn't get the finish right.

hopefully that will come as the team develops and settles with hte new players
Celar on 09:30 - Aug 28 with 1956 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Celar on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 1838 viewsstantheman10

I find a lot of the posts about Celar a bit condescending really, saying you think or hope 'there's a player in there'. I would imagine having 13 caps for his national side and playing in the Euro 24 finals answers that!
Celar on 09:43 - Aug 28 with 1757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Celar on 09:40 - Aug 28 by stantheman10

I find a lot of the posts about Celar a bit condescending really, saying you think or hope 'there's a player in there'. I would imagine having 13 caps for his national side and playing in the Euro 24 finals answers that!

Where did that phrase come from? It's everywhere now.

The montage above is great, but definitely tongue-in-cheek. Love that account.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Celar on 09:49 - Aug 28 with 1686 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not seen the boy, but reading the more sensible heads who have, it appears that notwithstanding the challenges posed in movingbto a new country and different league, the boy is showing us thst there's something more to him than some are reporting.

I'm thus reminded of Clive Allen's return when he couldn't find the net of he had a map and a compass. But he kept getting into positions and plugged away at it until he got one and he was off!

Maybe, as many have said, the boy needs a goal to settle himself, and a bit of support until then.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024