Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report 17:53 - Aug 18 with 9949 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62810
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:33 - Aug 18 with 8092 viewsSharpediver

Outstanding writing mate. Superb. I felt I was there and lived every minute with you, kicking every ball. Can't wait for Saturday.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:42 - Aug 18 with 7959 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wow this excellent report is at least 6 hours ahead of schedule so I am going to enjoy it over lunch instead of dinner .
Going against my own intuition to eat at the same time as reading Clive's report after a few last year
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:44 - Aug 18 with 7935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Absolute gold.

The kit, and the report.

Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:55 - Aug 18 with 7876 viewsmart_Goblin

Great write up Clive

One of those Saturdays where I wish the financial situation and other matters were different and I could be amongst the R’s fans to witness that feeling of such joy that, we could turn a turd of a performance into a gold egg in 90 mins. So poor for half of it , so different for the second .
Summed up perfectly again .
Little paragraph on the ref was spot on too.
What is this, stop the taking of the corner to tell players not paying a blind bit of notice to stop holding and pushing , then step away and they continue anyway ???
It has to be stopped by the powers that be!
Just let them take the corner, and if it’s a foul one way then give it ! If it’s a foul the other then bloody give it!!
But they don’t want the responsibility of it . It’s pathetic and another part of the game being interrupted and ruined . Nonsense
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:57 - Aug 18 with 7831 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:55 - Aug 18 by mart_Goblin

Great write up Clive

One of those Saturdays where I wish the financial situation and other matters were different and I could be amongst the R’s fans to witness that feeling of such joy that, we could turn a turd of a performance into a gold egg in 90 mins. So poor for half of it , so different for the second .
What is this, stop the taking of the corner to tell players not paying a blind bit of notice to stop holding and pushing , then step away and they continue anyway ???
Just let them take the corner, and if it’s a foul one way then give it ! If it’s a foul the other then bloody give it!!
But they don’t want the responsibility of it . It’s pathetic and another part of the game being interrupted and ruined . Nonsense

Completely agree, Mart.

I don't understand delaying the game to warn players to obery the, y'know, rules.

What next? Stopping a breakaway to warn the defender not to commit a professional foul? :)

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:28 - Aug 18 with 7601 viewsVancouverHoop

No shock to anybody who’d sat through the previous 85 minutes to see the hapless Robinson charging miles out of position to smash through the back of his own man, Harrison Burrows, under a long crossfield pass from Jake Clarke-Salter and take them both out of play.

The DaZN play-by-play guy, who is pretty robotic by commentating standards, was beside himself describing the rank stupidity of this. It was almost Colbackian in its dimness.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:32 - Aug 18 with 7565 viewsdmm

That was enormous fun to read, Clive. Thank you.

And I absolutely beamed at this: "...the Japanese magician’s manipulation of the ball is wholly unorthodox, completely exhilarating and dreamily electric. Sheff Utd stared at him like a punter watching a street hustler shifting three cups around. Where’s the ball? Wrong every time. Enjoy your migraine."
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:36 - Aug 18 with 7514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:32 - Aug 18 by dmm

And I absolutely beamed at this: "...the Japanese magician’s manipulation of the ball is wholly unorthodox, completely exhilarating and dreamily electric. Sheff Utd stared at him like a punter watching a street hustler shifting three cups around. Where’s the ball? Wrong every time. Enjoy your migraine."

Loved this, too:

"Dembele was everything we’d been told he would be, and more. To look at him, this shouldn’t work. Tiny little dot of a boy in a world where we have to lower sacrificial cattle into Harry Souttar's cage using a crane. He’ll be crushed to a bloody Pulp surely. Out of my way puny boy. The top of the ball is level with his kneecap for goodness sake, how’s he even going to kick it? Looks like he escaped from one of those U7 matches where they all follow the ball around in a cloud of dust and the slightly more developed lad who can actually lift it off the ground for a second or two is King Julien of Madagascar. And yet United couldn’t get the ball off him. Glued to his foot as he dribbled around, behind, in front of, and through one bamboozled opponent after another. Blink and he’s gone. Turns like a house fly and weighs about the same. Tots TV, sac magique. What fun."

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:40 - Aug 18 with 7479 viewsmart_Goblin

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:57 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Completely agree, Mart.

I don't understand delaying the game to warn players to obery the, y'know, rules.

What next? Stopping a breakaway to warn the defender not to commit a professional foul? :)

Ha ha . Exactly that Brian . It’s heading that way
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 7458 viewsdmm

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:36 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Loved this, too:

"Dembele was everything we’d been told he would be, and more. To look at him, this shouldn’t work. Tiny little dot of a boy in a world where we have to lower sacrificial cattle into Harry Souttar's cage using a crane. He’ll be crushed to a bloody Pulp surely. Out of my way puny boy. The top of the ball is level with his kneecap for goodness sake, how’s he even going to kick it? Looks like he escaped from one of those U7 matches where they all follow the ball around in a cloud of dust and the slightly more developed lad who can actually lift it off the ground for a second or two is King Julien of Madagascar. And yet United couldn’t get the ball off him. Glued to his foot as he dribbled around, behind, in front of, and through one bamboozled opponent after another. Blink and he’s gone. Turns like a house fly and weighs about the same. Tots TV, sac magique. What fun."

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 6965 viewsqueensparker

Outstanding report for a game I watched on my phone on intermittent, in and out 3G while my missus took the latest leg of driving the family from London to the south of France in our knackered Volvo.

Feel like I have the whole picture now. And enjoyed waking up both the kids in the back seat when a pixelated Dykes slotted the equaliser
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 22:10 - Aug 18 with 6267 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 19:32 - Aug 18 by dmm

I sent this to my Dutch mate who's a Sparta Rotterdam fan and he loved it.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 22:40 - Aug 18 with 6056 viewsNorthernr

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:55 - Aug 18 by mart_Goblin

Great write up Clive

Believe it or not, they've actually been told to do it. Some mealy mouthed nonsense about mutual holding no longer being an offence but players will be pre-warned if the official thinks it's straying beyond that. So we have to have these little chats before every corner.

The people running this sport are fcking helmets.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 23:16 - Aug 18 with 5740 viewsPunteR

Nice one Norf.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 23:49 - Aug 18 with 5582 viewsdaveB

It's felt like everyone was a bit lethargic and below their best the first 2 games and first half yesterday was typical QPR up north, bullied all over the pitch but at half time Marti seemed to call all the subs in early and whatever was said had an impact as that was much more like QPR second half. Aggressive in winning the ball back and real quality when we had it, that second half has to be the benchmark going forward
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 06:24 - Aug 19 with 4950 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great report, dare I say it this game had the look of Sunderland away 2 years ago at exactly the same point in the season almost to the date and we know where that went, this time we don't have Beale the chancer, but Marti the orchestrator. Buzzing for next Saturday against Plymouth.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 08:58 - Aug 19 with 4314 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now, I have zero sympathy for Colback. Good player, but his propensity for yellow cards has been there since the start of his career and has never improved. It's so much part of him that he is unable to change himself. Like asking Lionel Messi not to find the bottom corner. He can't help it.

BUT. I'm a bit naive, I never played football at any level, but I am of the Brian Clough / Mark Warburton school that arguing with refs achieves nothing. Shut up, concentrate on the ball and your positioning and get on with it. Yet on here all I read is people saying 'we don't get around the ref enough', 'why aren't we in the ref's ear more?' and then when we do have a player that does it, he's brain dead. Now, I'm exaggerating - Colback ran 40 yds to berate the 4th official, that's clearly a different thing: but overall, speaking generally, what is the actual difference between what Robinson, goblin boy, Ashley Barnes etc do where they don't get punished and what Colback does? Is it the specific words they use? I've often seen oppo players scream in the face of ref and linesmen or moan for seconds on end at refs and they do nothing about it. I don't get what the difference is.

Bare bones.

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 4303 viewsdmm

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 08:58 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

Now, I have zero sympathy for Colback. Good player, but his propensity for yellow cards has been there since the start of his career and has never improved. It's so much part of him that he is unable to change himself. Like asking Lionel Messi not to find the bottom corner. He can't help it.

BUT. I'm a bit naive, I never played football at any level, but I am of the Brian Clough / Mark Warburton school that arguing with refs achieves nothing. Shut up, concentrate on the ball and your positioning and get on with it. Yet on here all I read is people saying 'we don't get around the ref enough', 'why aren't we in the ref's ear more?' and then when we do have a player that does it, he's brain dead. Now, I'm exaggerating - Colback ran 40 yds to berate the 4th official, that's clearly a different thing: but overall, speaking generally, what is the actual difference between what Robinson, goblin boy, Ashley Barnes etc do where they don't get punished and what Colback does? Is it the specific words they use? I've often seen oppo players scream in the face of ref and linesmen or moan for seconds on end at refs and they do nothing about it. I don't get what the difference is.

I think the difference probably lies in officials' different interpretations of dissent. The issue of referring consistency, or rather lack of it, is an ever present issue.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 09:47 - Aug 19 with 4050 viewscpgerber

I have a Dutch friend who watched last year's rugby WC with me knowing nothing about rugby and he couldn't stop talking about the players' respect for the officials and level of "obedience". We'd never get that into football, but would be nice if we did.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 3927 viewsterryb

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 22:40 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Believe it or not, they've actually been told to do it. Some mealy mouthed nonsense about mutual holding no longer being an offence but players will be pre-warned if the official thinks it's straying beyond that. So we have to have these little chats before every corner.

The people running this sport are fcking helmets.

The quickest way for players to learn, is to stop the warnings & then give free kicks or penalties after the kick is taken. I do appreciate that doing this would give the official a black mark though!

The referee at Brentford found a way round the mutual holding. Ignore the defender & invent the attacker involvement!

You're absolutely correct about the people running football.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 11:46 - Aug 19 with 3353 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 10:04 - Aug 19 by terryb

The quickest way for players to learn, is to stop the warnings & then give free kicks or penalties after the kick is taken. I do appreciate that doing this would give the official a black mark though!

The referee at Brentford found a way round the mutual holding. Ignore the defender & invent the attacker involvement!

You're absolutely correct about the people running football.

Ironically we got done for it twice in the first half at Cambridge the other night.

ps, a wonderful read, Clive, thank you.
And while I’m here, a belated nod to the “Plymouth Ho” comment last week 🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 19 Aug 11:47]
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 11:58 - Aug 19 with 3266 viewsW4Hoop

Great match report as always Clive - Thanks!

"...What’s German for motherf*ckingshitc*nt?"

MutterfickendenScheissFotze
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 12:11 - Aug 19 with 3213 viewsqprninja

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 08:58 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

I think you have to be smart about it. Colback is as subtle as a house brick, and as thick as one as well.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 12:31 - Aug 19 with 3095 viewsericgen34

I agree it seemed really bad at the time but Robinson is captain so allowed to talk to the ref I guess?

Maybe we should make Colback captain, he could hurl abuse at refs all games and get away with it :)
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 13:11 - Aug 19 with 2848 viewsenfieldargh

Tot’s TV!!!!!

TILLY=SMYTH
TOM=SAITO
TINY=DEMBELE

DONKEY=ROBINSON

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024