Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report 17:53 - Aug 18 with 10091 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62810
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 14:00 - Aug 19 with 1501 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 09:47 - Aug 19 by cpgerber

I have a Dutch friend who watched last year's rugby WC with me knowing nothing about rugby and he couldn't stop talking about the players' respect for the officials and level of "obedience". We'd never get that into football, but would be nice if we did.

The most boring thing on earth is rugby fans preaching about how nice rugby players are to referees. (apologies to your friend!). tbf, from 2 decades ago, i think respecting the ref has got a lot better at pro levels: sadly, VAR ain't helping.

Bare bones.

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 14:25 - Aug 19 with 1380 viewsKensalT

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 08:58 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

Now, I have zero sympathy for Colback. Good player, but his propensity for yellow cards has been there since the start of his career and has never improved. It's so much part of him that he is unable to change himself. Like asking Lionel Messi not to find the bottom corner. He can't help it.

BUT. I'm a bit naive, I never played football at any level, but I am of the Brian Clough / Mark Warburton school that arguing with refs achieves nothing. Shut up, concentrate on the ball and your positioning and get on with it. Yet on here all I read is people saying 'we don't get around the ref enough', 'why aren't we in the ref's ear more?' and then when we do have a player that does it, he's brain dead. Now, I'm exaggerating - Colback ran 40 yds to berate the 4th official, that's clearly a different thing: but overall, speaking generally, what is the actual difference between what Robinson, goblin boy, Ashley Barnes etc do where they don't get punished and what Colback does? Is it the specific words they use? I've often seen oppo players scream in the face of ref and linesmen or moan for seconds on end at refs and they do nothing about it. I don't get what the difference is.

Home players probably get a lot more leeway in these situations.

Particularly if it's a big or ugly crowd.

It's a brave ref who shows a card for dissent to a home player in those circumstances.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 16:10 - Aug 19 with 1170 viewsLanhoop

Obviously that was 100% on Colback but shouldn't the senior pro's around him have a word with him after the first card and remind him to calm it down a bit? I'm thinking of Cook and Field in particular.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 18:32 - Aug 19 with 998 viewsBklynRanger

Fantastiche. That paragraph about Dembele is hilarious.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 716 viewsthehat

Cracking report thanks Clive.

I had Sheff Utd down as one of my away's this season but once I added up the tickets for me and the kids and the train fares and spending money it was almost two thirds of my monthly mortgage payments so we stayed local with non league.
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 13:50 - Aug 20 with 660 viewsjoe90

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 08:58 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

Now, I have zero sympathy for Colback. Good player, but his propensity for yellow cards has been there since the start of his career and has never improved. It's so much part of him that he is unable to change himself. Like asking Lionel Messi not to find the bottom corner. He can't help it.

BUT. I'm a bit naive, I never played football at any level, but I am of the Brian Clough / Mark Warburton school that arguing with refs achieves nothing. Shut up, concentrate on the ball and your positioning and get on with it. Yet on here all I read is people saying 'we don't get around the ref enough', 'why aren't we in the ref's ear more?' and then when we do have a player that does it, he's brain dead. Now, I'm exaggerating - Colback ran 40 yds to berate the 4th official, that's clearly a different thing: but overall, speaking generally, what is the actual difference between what Robinson, goblin boy, Ashley Barnes etc do where they don't get punished and what Colback does? Is it the specific words they use? I've often seen oppo players scream in the face of ref and linesmen or moan for seconds on end at refs and they do nothing about it. I don't get what the difference is.

I've never seen a ref change a decision as a result of a player moaning at them.

When you can see a game going a certain way, why don't players 'read the room' and play to the ref instead of constantly complaining about their decisions?
Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 510 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dykes completes QPR's surprise Steel City redemption arc - Report on 12:31 - Aug 19 by ericgen34

I agree it seemed really bad at the time but Robinson is captain so allowed to talk to the ref I guess?

Maybe we should make Colback captain, he could hurl abuse at refs all games and get away with it :)

Thanks for that bit of info there ericgen34 I never knew Robinson was captain but how and why does have the armband .I watched a lot of SU games last year and he was just hopeless (I know the whole team was sh*t) but Jack scored some superb own goals and got roasted game after game .
Fast forward to this year and he is rewarded with the armband .Is it another Begovich situation where most people were scratching their heads for us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024