Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Cops 08:22 - Jun 3 with 1932 viewsPatfromPoole

This starts on Channel 4 tonight.

Might be an interesting watch.

On after the England game.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/football-cops

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Football Cops on 10:29 - Jun 3 with 1822 viewskingslandstand1

Interesting yes re behind the scenes stuff, but will probably reiterate the myth that all football fans are hooligans?
Football Cops on 10:36 - Jun 3 with 1798 viewssaintwizzler

Football Cops on 10:29 - Jun 3 by kingslandstand1

Interesting yes re behind the scenes stuff, but will probably reiterate the myth that all football fans are hooligans?

Should be fun n games behind the bike sheds at St Mary’s next season as the away fans walk up to the already inadequate footbridge over the rail line.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Football Cops on 10:51 - Jun 3 with 1781 viewsPatfromPoole

Seems that there is a bit of focus on Coventry in tonight’s programme.

Football Cops on 11:13 - Jun 3 with 1760 viewssolent_toffee

Football Cops on 10:29 - Jun 3 by kingslandstand1

Just watching the Euro Wembley documentary on Netflix. What a disgrace, I wonder how many of these planks are actual match going football fans? I reckon most are whoppers who latch on to the national team every tournament.
Football Cops on 11:25 - Jun 3 with 1750 viewsPatfromPoole

Football Cops on 11:13 - Jun 3 by solent_toffee

Just watching the Euro Wembley documentary on Netflix. What a disgrace, I wonder how many of these planks are actual match going football fans? I reckon most are whoppers who latch on to the national team every tournament.

There were some absolute tools on that programme.

As somebody who had a ticket for the Final, and was in quite a big crush at the turnstiles to try and get in, it pains me to see these idiots.

The guy who jumped on the bus is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen on a TV programme. Quite the accolade.

Football Cops on 11:50 - Jun 3 with 1715 viewskingslandstand1

Football Cops on 10:36 - Jun 3 by saintwizzler

Should be fun n games behind the bike sheds at St Mary’s next season as the away fans walk up to the already inadequate footbridge over the rail line.

They'll probably jump the fence and walk up the railway line!
Football Cops on 11:52 - Jun 3 with 1710 viewskingslandstand1

Football Cops on 10:51 - Jun 3 by PatfromPoole

Seems that there is a bit of focus on Coventry in tonight’s programme.

I've just read it's also the build up to Man City v L'pool so a high profile game with predictable trouble which makes good tele
Football Cops on 15:17 - Jun 3 with 1576 viewsdarthvader

Football Cops on 11:50 - Jun 3 by kingslandstand1

They'll probably jump the fence and walk up the railway line!

That could be a shocking scenario

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Football Cops on 16:13 - Jun 3 with 1532 viewssolent_toffee

Football Cops on 11:25 - Jun 3 by PatfromPoole

There were some absolute tools on that programme.

As somebody who had a ticket for the Final, and was in quite a big crush at the turnstiles to try and get in, it pains me to see these idiots.

The guy who jumped on the bus is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen on a TV programme. Quite the accolade.

Agree about the bus lad, thick as mince and a typical banter bell end that this country is full of. The other lad who was just as bad and bunked in and then blamed Boris Johnson was another embarrassment, entitled dope.
Football Cops on 16:42 - Jun 3 with 1497 viewsSFC_Referee

Football Cops on 11:13 - Jun 3 by solent_toffee

Yeah well I’m sure many were just your typical glory hunters that never go to football games which is why they cared so little for everything that happened and didn’t give a toss.
As the fact that so many went there with the intent of breaking in is just an embarrassment to the game and England

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Football Cops on 18:42 - Jun 3 with 1393 viewssolent_toffee

Football Cops on 16:42 - Jun 3 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well I’m sure many were just your typical glory hunters that never go to football games which is why they cared so little for everything that happened and didn’t give a toss.
As the fact that so many went there with the intent of breaking in is just an embarrassment to the game and England

There were thousands of them that stayed outside during the game giving loads of stick to the police/stewards without watching the game.

Oddballs.
Football Cops on 18:47 - Jun 3 with 1382 viewsPatfromPoole

Football Cops on 18:42 - Jun 3 by solent_toffee

There were thousands of them that stayed outside during the game giving loads of stick to the police/stewards without watching the game.

Oddballs.

I am genuinely shocked UEFA have given us the comp for 2028.

Turkey’s bid must have been put together by absolute schmucks.

Football Cops on 07:48 - Jun 4 with 1123 viewssaintwizzler

Before every international tournament there is a program on showing how great the police are and how fans are scum.
I’d rather watch Mrs Brown’s Boys.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Football Cops on 10:58 - Jun 4 with 995 viewsHeisenberg

Costs the tax payer around £20m a year for police to cover football. Make the Premier League clubs pay.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Football Cops on 11:43 - Jun 4 with 971 viewsPatfromPoole

Football Cops on 10:58 - Jun 4 by Heisenberg

Costs the tax payer around £20m a year for police to cover football. Make the Premier League clubs pay.

I always assumed it was charged to the clubs TBH.

Which is why most of them prefer to go down the route of (cheaper) stewarding as much as possible.

Football Cops on 12:02 - Jun 4 with 965 viewsChesham_Saint

Interesting how the plod has changed.

A very good friend of mine used to be the officer in charge at Watford home games and he knew all of the local faces.

Worst trouble he ever had though was at Luton when a contingent of Watford constabulary were bussed up there to help their compadres in the Bedfordshire constabulary at the infamous Luton/Millwall match. I can’t help but chuckle a little when I see the footage of him legging it across the pitch as the Millwall fans charged and the police scattered.

He assured me the polizi got their own back big time with their truncheons as the away fans were finally filing out of the ground….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Football Cops on 13:37 - Jun 4 with 906 viewsSFC_Referee

Football Cops on 10:58 - Jun 4 by Heisenberg

Just watched the second episode and I think it may be paid by the clubs, as one of the cops was saying how he had his job on the line if the club lost and got relegated, which shouldn’t matter if it’s funded by the government

Football Cops on 15:07 - Jun 4 with 832 viewsSaintNick

Football Cops on 13:37 - Jun 4 by SFC_Referee

Just watched the second episode and I think it may be paid by the clubs, as one of the cops was saying how he had his job on the line if the club lost and got relegated, which shouldn’t matter if it’s funded by the government

I think he meant more about that they wouldn't be sending him to games in a lower division where there is a lot less trouble and issues.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Football Cops on 16:44 - Jun 4 with 772 viewssaint901

I've only watched a few minutes of the "show" so perhaps I've missed some good bits.

I was however at West Ham's old ground a few years back. I was with a mate who was a WHU fan and his daughter who would have been 12/13 at the time.

The game was OK but WHU were losing to an early goal. A group of "fans" behind us were feffing and jeffing at the ref, the opposition, their own players, managers, all of them.

My mate eventually had enough and at half time politely asked the middle aged thugs making the noise if they wouldn't mind keeping the language moderate for the sake of his daughter.

Their response?

"You ain't a fan unless you swear at the ref - if you don't like it f**k off!"

So we left. My mate, a season ticker holder at the time has not bene to a match since. His daughter is now 25.

Why do these people think that they can do this?

Why do we put up with it?
Football Cops on 20:12 - Jun 4 with 677 viewsSFC_Referee

Football Cops on 16:44 - Jun 4 by saint901

I've only watched a few minutes of the "show" so perhaps I've missed some good bits.

I was however at West Ham's old ground a few years back. I was with a mate who was a WHU fan and his daughter who would have been 12/13 at the time.

The game was OK but WHU were losing to an early goal. A group of "fans" behind us were feffing and jeffing at the ref, the opposition, their own players, managers, all of them.

My mate eventually had enough and at half time politely asked the middle aged thugs making the noise if they wouldn't mind keeping the language moderate for the sake of his daughter.

Their response?

"You ain't a fan unless you swear at the ref - if you don't like it f**k off!"

So we left. My mate, a season ticker holder at the time has not bene to a match since. His daughter is now 25.

Why do these people think that they can do this?

Why do we put up with it?

But ain’t swearing and all that kinda what’s part of the game and to be expected when you go to them? As I don’t know many people who didn’t learn most of the swear words and such at football games, as there sure ain’t many songs without them.
As I’m not saying you’ve gotta swear to be a proper fan or such, but unless it’s words that are worse than your typical f bomb, then it’s not something you can exactly have a go at people for shouting when at professional top level games

Football Cops on 20:19 - Jun 4 with 670 viewsChesham_Saint

Football Cops on 20:12 - Jun 4 by SFC_Referee

But ain’t swearing and all that kinda what’s part of the game and to be expected when you go to them? As I don’t know many people who didn’t learn most of the swear words and such at football games, as there sure ain’t many songs without them.
As I’m not saying you’ve gotta swear to be a proper fan or such, but unless it’s words that are worse than your typical f bomb, then it’s not something you can exactly have a go at people for shouting when at professional top level games

One of the first times I went to Tottenham was with a Spurs supporting friend so was in the home area. The level of swearing (and this at their own players) was at a different level to that at the Dell.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024