Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford match thread 01:55 - Aug 27 with 48846 viewsDubaiR

Dislike Watford and would love us to get something but just can’t see it.

Dieng

Kakay
Dickie
Dunne

Laird
Field
Paal

Willock
Roberts
Chair

Dykes

Laird and Paal as wingbacks, Kakay in a back three and field as the holder.

2-1 to them
Watford match thread on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 2916 viewsBoston

Watford match thread on 17:08 - Aug 27 by Tonto

Reading top of the league? Wtf?

Rotherham and Hull in top 5 too...

Rotherham will go top if they win their game in hand.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Watford match thread on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 2899 viewsdannyblue

Chair's defending from the front was incredible today. His energy and tenacity is a sight to behold. And being able to watch him and the blessed Willock together is a joy. The fullbacks are now contributing to the attack. Dickie and Dunner both have mistakes in them but valiant competitors.

Watford couldn't cope with our desire and controlled agression today. Proper 'front foot' stuff today. Even in the first half Watford looked a bit suprised and pissed off they weren't being allowed to just play where they wanted.

Excellent performance all round, and sets a standard for work ethic, if not yet for quality.
Watford match thread on 17:34 - Aug 27 with 2857 viewsloftus77

Watford match thread on 13:16 - Aug 27 by loftus77

Don't get me wrong - I'm no 'Harry Redknapp-phile' - but today (along with Sheff Utd away, Burnley away, Norwich away) could sadly be crassly labelled a 'bonus game', or at least a 'free hit' in the context of this season.

If the last home game against Brizzle in May does turn out to be a relegation six-pointer (...), I very much doubt we'll be turning to our mates on the day nervously to ask 'so how are Watford getting on?'.

Can't see anything but a big defeat I'm afraid:
Parachute Payments 5 us 0 .

There you go - 5 goals - just as predicted......

Superb Rangers. Great result for the boys, great result for Beale.

And great that a tiny bit of Championship unpredictability still lives on...

Now let's try and build on this.
Watford match thread on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 2844 viewsJimmyR

Watford match thread on 17:24 - Aug 27 by davman

Good performance that; especially the first half.

JoJo had his best 60 minutes since January -- thought he was awesome in a more advanced role.
I am puzzled by the slagging Dozzell gets from many on this board (opinions, eh?) and thought he was much more progressive and tried running with the ball.
Dykes too didn't look like scoring, but put a real team shift in today - well done that man!
Dunne looked a little dodgy at times and I am not convinced Dickie covered himself in glory with their second goal.
Paal also had his best game even though there were two "moments" where he almost fckd up - overall huge improvement and he needs to get those concentration levels up.
Laird - what a pull back; Willock - what a goal.
Chair started very slowly with a few possession turnovers, but grew into it. Needs to work on his finishing though - he should be on 4 or 5 goals this season already.

A great feeling and strangely more comfortable than the 'Boro game. Watford weren't actually that good, were they? With teh "value" of their team, I'd have been pissed off with that performance.

The third goal WAS offside - the cross was played towards their no. 23, who attacked the ball from an offside position. It would have been so Stroud to miss that though...

...and say it quietly, another look at that Paal challenge in the penalty area made me think. Think it was a pen...

Oh it was offside then! Didn’t see a replay of the cross only the shot from the rebound

As for the pen - he’d been looking for it all day. Cried wolf
Watford match thread on 17:41 - Aug 27 with 2755 viewsNorthantsHoop

That was superb, lot of pressure on Beale and he and his team delivered. The support was tremendous as well.
Watford match thread on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 2680 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Watford 2 QPR 3
Touches of magic and a bit of luck has given us a wonderful win.
Twice we led before Albert's winner.
I think we can say - based on this performance - our team has arrived at the station and hopefully at the start of a good and long journey.
Make no mistake - Watford surely will be in the mix at the end of the season - once they sort themselves out. They have quality throughout their team.
So a win at Vicarage Road repeating our victory in February of last year is impressive.
Albert scored the winner on that occasion - in the last few seconds - and Albert scored the winner this time 20 minutes from the end just 10 minutes after coming on as a sub.
You can't fault our energy, our pressing and the high line defence that Beale employed although it did make many of us nervous as Watford have some pacy players.
Thank goodness it all worked out in the end.
There were touches of cohesiveness underlined by our magic two goals.
But it was more than that.
There was a togetherness - fighting hard - playing to the maximum of our ability.
You can't ask more than that.
And it was the whole team including the subs - not just some of the team - that made these three points so worthwhile.
Yes our defending is certainly questionable.
And both Watford goals could have been averted.
But we won and are back in the top half of the table - 11th.
Our MAGIC- was our brilliant counter-attacking second goal 10 minutes before HT.
It was Willock who gave us a 2-1 interval lead.
Dunne halted a Watford attack - in this basketball style of a match - onto Willock, then Chair, then Laird with a cut back pass for the running-on Willock to side foot the ball home with defenders in front of him. Absolutely brilliant.
And more magic for the winning goal.
It was Chair onto the overlapping Paal to square a grass hugging cross and Albert had time to crash home.
Our LUCK - Chair's 18th minute opener from 25 yards out was deflected for us to take a 1-nil lead before Sema scored 10 minutes before the break from an acute angle.
Laird and Dickie were guilty of poor marking - and even Seny would be disappointed to be beaten from close range.
More LUCK - Seny headed the ball outside his area to Pedro whose quick shot over Seny and destined for goal bounced off the pitch and off the crossbar.
And after Dickie failed to clear in the box just after HT (he should have put his boot through the ball) but softly it seemed fell over - for Pedro to crash home the rebound.
The match should have been put to bed when Chair - having had an excellent game - missed a clear cut chance after being put through by Willock.
And more LUCK when Kayembe rifled home a cracker four minutes from time but only for the goal to be ruled out for offside earlier in the play.
Thank goodness Keith Stroud did not intervene!!
A deserved win then for our magic spells and our resilience.
Take a bow all 15 of you who played including Masterson to solidify the defence in the closing stages.
And take a bow those 2000 Rangers supporters roaring our team to victory.
Now it's 3rd placed Hull at home on Tuesday. Can't wait.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:56]
Watford match thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 with 2654 viewsManinBlack

Brilliant all round today and a real boost as didn't think we would get more than one today and had expected a defeat. Two wins in two visits there...
Watford match thread on 17:52 - Aug 27 with 2570 viewscolinallcars

D'you know, I may have a small glass of medium dry sherry this evening.
Login to get fewer ads

Watford match thread on 17:53 - Aug 27 with 2531 viewsBoston

Yur, an all dun wivout our new boy, Balloongun.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Watford match thread on 17:59 - Aug 27 with 2444 viewskropotkin41

I'm at a festival - little or no signal - did I miss anything important?

Come on u Beautiful RRRs!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Watford match thread on 18:02 - Aug 27 with 2403 viewsNortholt_Rs

Down in Brighton for the weekend - nearly burst a blood vessel at the 3-3 announcement in the 85th min! Fabulous, fabulous result. Well done to manager, players, staff and those of you who attended today. It’s a HUGE win for us! COYRs!!!!!!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:04]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Watford match thread on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 2384 viewsMrSheen

Watford match thread on 17:24 - Aug 27 by davman

Good performance that; especially the first half.

JoJo had his best 60 minutes since January -- thought he was awesome in a more advanced role.
I am puzzled by the slagging Dozzell gets from many on this board (opinions, eh?) and thought he was much more progressive and tried running with the ball.
Dykes too didn't look like scoring, but put a real team shift in today - well done that man!
Dunne looked a little dodgy at times and I am not convinced Dickie covered himself in glory with their second goal.
Paal also had his best game even though there were two "moments" where he almost fckd up - overall huge improvement and he needs to get those concentration levels up.
Laird - what a pull back; Willock - what a goal.
Chair started very slowly with a few possession turnovers, but grew into it. Needs to work on his finishing though - he should be on 4 or 5 goals this season already.

A great feeling and strangely more comfortable than the 'Boro game. Watford weren't actually that good, were they? With teh "value" of their team, I'd have been pissed off with that performance.

The third goal WAS offside - the cross was played towards their no. 23, who attacked the ball from an offside position. It would have been so Stroud to miss that though...

...and say it quietly, another look at that Paal challenge in the penalty area made me think. Think it was a pen...

Well said on Dozzell. He seems to be the acceptable scapegoat here, with even fair-minded and knowledgeable people going along with the consensus of him as an imposter and a parasite. Don’t see him that way at all.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:05]
Watford match thread on 18:07 - Aug 27 with 2348 viewsHAYESBOY

Agree. Dozzell has a sweet left foot and works hard for the team. He gets the short straw out of the 3 left footers and is played on the right of the 3. How often did he come across to try and shut the left back down. Covered some ground today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Watford match thread on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 2309 viewsPunteR

Brilliant result. Just got to our holiday destination, 4 hour drive to Cornwall. Perfect start to the week.
Thank you Rangers

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Watford match thread on 18:11 - Aug 27 with 2278 viewsDamo1962

These are the Lotto numbers I will be doing tonight. Squad number scorers 7,10,37 and the score 32. Two more personal ones 29 and 40. Good luck 😎
Watford match thread on 18:13 - Aug 27 with 2253 viewsQPROslo

Watford match thread on 15:53 - Aug 27 by JimmyR

Has something happened that we played 5 mins of injury time? I had to nip out for 10 mins - Could 5 of those mins have been taken up with an injury?

Yeh, most of them to their striker. He went off after treatment.
Watford match thread on 18:14 - Aug 27 with 2247 viewsDannytheR

What a very, very Rangers thing to do.

God bless Keith Stroud.

And Beale and Les keeps their jobs another week.

Who'd have thunk it?
Watford match thread on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 2096 viewsessextaxiboy

Watford match thread on 18:04 - Aug 27 by MrSheen

Well said on Dozzell. He seems to be the acceptable scapegoat here, with even fair-minded and knowledgeable people going along with the consensus of him as an imposter and a parasite. Don’t see him that way at all.

He was really strong on the ball today , roughed up a few ..loved it
Watford match thread on 18:33 - Aug 27 with 2011 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Watford match thread on 18:04 - Aug 27 by MrSheen

Dozell is the replacement for Johansen. This win has made my weekend! We r QPR!!!! Yes had a few birthday beers!
Watford match thread on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 1901 viewsParkRoyalR

Watford match thread on 17:45 - Aug 27 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Watford 2 QPR 3
Touches of magic and a bit of luck has given us a wonderful win.
Twice we led before Albert's winner.
I think we can say - based on this performance - our team has arrived at the station and hopefully at the start of a good and long journey.
Make no mistake - Watford surely will be in the mix at the end of the season - once they sort themselves out. They have quality throughout their team.
So a win at Vicarage Road repeating our victory in February of last year is impressive.
Albert scored the winner on that occasion - in the last few seconds - and Albert scored the winner this time 20 minutes from the end just 10 minutes after coming on as a sub.
You can't fault our energy, our pressing and the high line defence that Beale employed although it did make many of us nervous as Watford have some pacy players.
Thank goodness it all worked out in the end.
There were touches of cohesiveness underlined by our magic two goals.
But it was more than that.
There was a togetherness - fighting hard - playing to the maximum of our ability.
You can't ask more than that.
And it was the whole team including the subs - not just some of the team - that made these three points so worthwhile.
Yes our defending is certainly questionable.
And both Watford goals could have been averted.
But we won and are back in the top half of the table - 11th.
Our MAGIC- was our brilliant counter-attacking second goal 10 minutes before HT.
It was Willock who gave us a 2-1 interval lead.
Dunne halted a Watford attack - in this basketball style of a match - onto Willock, then Chair, then Laird with a cut back pass for the running-on Willock to side foot the ball home with defenders in front of him. Absolutely brilliant.
And more magic for the winning goal.
It was Chair onto the overlapping Paal to square a grass hugging cross and Albert had time to crash home.
Our LUCK - Chair's 18th minute opener from 25 yards out was deflected for us to take a 1-nil lead before Sema scored 10 minutes before the break from an acute angle.
Laird and Dickie were guilty of poor marking - and even Seny would be disappointed to be beaten from close range.
More LUCK - Seny headed the ball outside his area to Pedro whose quick shot over Seny and destined for goal bounced off the pitch and off the crossbar.
And after Dickie failed to clear in the box just after HT (he should have put his boot through the ball) but softly it seemed fell over - for Pedro to crash home the rebound.
The match should have been put to bed when Chair - having had an excellent game - missed a clear cut chance after being put through by Willock.
And more LUCK when Kayembe rifled home a cracker four minutes from time but only for the goal to be ruled out for offside earlier in the play.
Thank goodness Keith Stroud did not intervene!!
A deserved win then for our magic spells and our resilience.
Take a bow all 15 of you who played including Masterson to solidify the defence in the closing stages.
And take a bow those 2000 Rangers supporters roaring our team to victory.
Now it's 3rd placed Hull at home on Tuesday. Can't wait.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:56]

Cheers Greenbay, picked the wrong away game to be on holiday, although enjoys your round-up and of course Brian's + the team superb updates
Watford match thread on 19:05 - Aug 27 with 1767 viewsessextaxiboy

Watford match thread on 18:44 - Aug 27 by ParkRoyalR

Cheers Greenbay, picked the wrong away game to be on holiday, although enjoys your round-up and of course Brian's + the team superb updates

Your man Dykes was excellent today .
Watford match thread on 19:12 - Aug 27 with 1714 viewsbenhurst

Thought we were excellent today, and deserved winners. If that challenge at the end was a penalty then I think their second gets disallowed as a foul as well, both were fouls-ish but not clear cut.

Chair, Willock, and Dozzell (massive performance from him, definitely his best of the season - don't think I'd seen him win one physical duel before today and he won 4 or 5 today) were all outstanding. Both full-backs, Field+Johansen (I liked the more attacking Field but we looked better with them swapped back to their usual roles), and Dykes were all very good. Dickie and Dunne a little shaky (Dickie moreso, especially for the two goals) but fortunately that's gone unpunished
Watford match thread on 19:32 - Aug 27 with 1621 viewsloftboy

Just seen the highlights, admittedly I e had a few beers today but what was the Watford goal disallowed for?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Watford match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 1600 viewsterryb

Watford match thread on 19:32 - Aug 27 by loftboy

Just seen the highlights, admittedly I e had a few beers today but what was the Watford goal disallowed for?

Offside.

When the ball was crossed, the Watford player who challenged for the ball was apparently off.
Watford match thread on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 1577 viewskensalriser

Watford match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 by terryb

Offside.

When the ball was crossed, the Watford player who challenged for the ball was apparently off.

He was off but I don't think he touched the ball.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024