Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford match thread 01:55 - Aug 27 with 48845 viewsDubaiR

Dislike Watford and would love us to get something but just can’t see it.

Dieng

Kakay
Dickie
Dunne

Laird
Field
Paal

Willock
Roberts
Chair

Dykes

Laird and Paal as wingbacks, Kakay in a back three and field as the holder.

2-1 to them
Watford match thread on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 2442 viewsDamo1962

Watford match thread on 17:03 - Aug 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Lottery numbers please, Damo!

I'll get back to you 🤗
Watford match thread on 17:07 - Aug 27 with 2442 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Watford match thread on 16:57 - Aug 27 by Damo1962

I presume if they had VAR then it would have stood? There is a lot of luck in football, but if Chair puts us 4-2 up...it probably wouldn't have been so costly for them. If's and but's are part of the game.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 16:59]

“There’s a lot of luck in football”

I think that’s it for me. We’ll get decisions against us at some point, it usually evens itself out. Is it worth going to all the trouble of VAR when it makes so little difference and Watford will have forgotten about it in a few weeks. Not for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Watford match thread on 17:07 - Aug 27 with 2438 viewsMatch82

Watford match thread on 17:04 - Aug 27 by essextaxiboy

Take the lead 3 times and see it out ... just superb

That was the most impressive bit for me. To be pegged back twice, and refocus and go again. Impressive.
Watford match thread on 17:07 - Aug 27 with 2434 viewsTHEBUSH

Watford match thread on 17:03 - Aug 27 by kensalriser

Quiet afternoon for Stroud, just the seven yellows and a dodgy offside.

It was offside, just seen the replay
Watford match thread on 17:08 - Aug 27 with 2428 viewsTonto

Reading top of the league? Wtf?

Rotherham and Hull in top 5 too...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Watford match thread on 17:08 - Aug 27 with 2408 viewsstevec

Great result, kicking myself I forgot to log on at 7pm on ticket sale day.

Hope we can take this into the Hull game but by god we need numbers, can’t rely on this eleven staying fit week on week.
Watford match thread on 17:09 - Aug 27 with 2348 viewsQPRSteve

Didn't see that coming - not with Stroud in charge.

A great all round team performance with our midfield clicking for once. Dozzel's best game for us?
Watford match thread on 17:12 - Aug 27 with 2223 viewsterryb

Thank you MY TEAM!

I didn't know whether to follow the match thread, Sky Saturday or fans network scores. It ended up spending a couple of minutes on one & then switching to the next!

It was rather loud when Sky posted Correction Watford 2 QPR 3! I began to think we might win when "only" five minutes were added

Now to follow it up on Tuesday, which might be a difficult game.
Login to get fewer ads

Watford match thread on 17:13 - Aug 27 with 2211 viewsjoe90

Absolutely buzzing! So happy for that and pleased for all the fans that made the trip.

Looking forward to the highlights and match report.

From what I’ve read so far sounded like a good game which we deserved to win. A good team effort?
Watford match thread on 17:15 - Aug 27 with 2127 viewsflynnbo

Brilliant result and should provide the team with some much needed confidence. COYRs!
Watford match thread on 17:16 - Aug 27 with 2122 viewsHAYESBOY

My feed they have replayed their second. Its a foul on Dickie by Pedro. He clatters into his calves. Foul all day long. Just glad Stroud did not fck us over again.

If he had I would have written a strongly worded letter. Not sure to who.....?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Watford match thread on 17:16 - Aug 27 with 2118 viewsDejR_vu

Watford match thread on 17:09 - Aug 27 by QPRSteve

Didn't see that coming - not with Stroud in charge.

A great all round team performance with our midfield clicking for once. Dozzel's best game for us?

Maybe the comment from the manager about being disappointed with the midfield had the desired effect

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Watford match thread on 17:16 - Aug 27 with 2112 viewsnumptydumpty

A match from the heavens !!!

Great result and fantastically dangerous on the break.

We have three out injured and apparently three of four more to come in, and likely starters. Tend to think thats reverse psychology on some of our players to perform at their highest levels.

Johansen and Dozzell produced much better perfomances and Paal too.

I was not expecting this today but delighted.

The championship rears up once more, one point in total at home to both relegation candidates, Rotherham and Blackpool and then win at promotion favourites Watford.

Mad !!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:17]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Watford match thread on 17:17 - Aug 27 with 2083 viewsLblock

That lino is a legend

He done us a big favour up at Blackpool last season and another one today -- although today he was absolutely right with his decision.

Plaudits for three goals but for me James Dunne Esquire was an absolute colossus at the back; repelled all borders.

Well done my team..... I'm still a little bit invested!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Watford match thread on 17:18 - Aug 27 with 2029 viewsDieByYourSide

Best performances in a long while from Johansen and Dozzell. Beale raising standards with his comments about the midfield?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Watford match thread on 17:20 - Aug 27 with 1988 viewsterryb

Preston & Rotherham remain unbeaten in the league. I doubt many would have made that prediction!
Watford match thread on 17:21 - Aug 27 with 1951 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Watford match thread on 17:12 - Aug 27 by terryb

Thank you MY TEAM!

I didn't know whether to follow the match thread, Sky Saturday or fans network scores. It ended up spending a couple of minutes on one & then switching to the next!

It was rather loud when Sky posted Correction Watford 2 QPR 3! I began to think we might win when "only" five minutes were added

Now to follow it up on Tuesday, which might be a difficult game.

I got a phone notification saying 3-3 from the QPR app. Checked the match thread and grateful to see a list of posts saying offside, OFFSIDE, thank fck offside etc. Still took me a couple of minutes to believe it! 😆

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Watford match thread on 17:21 - Aug 27 with 1949 viewscolinallcars

Watford match thread on 17:17 - Aug 27 by Lblock

That lino is a legend

He done us a big favour up at Blackpool last season and another one today -- although today he was absolutely right with his decision.

Plaudits for three goals but for me James Dunne Esquire was an absolute colossus at the back; repelled all borders.

Wing Commander James Dunne DSO, DFC and bar.
Watford match thread on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 1940 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

WOW! Didnt see that coming. My weekend and birthday aren't ruined after all! And the bloke that can only last 30 minutes scored! I love the Soooooopaaa Hhoooopsaaaaahhhhhh! U R's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watford match thread on 17:23 - Aug 27 with 1917 viewsStreathamRanger

Watford match thread on 17:18 - Aug 27 by DieByYourSide

Best performances in a long while from Johansen and Dozzell. Beale raising standards with his comments about the midfield?

One or two dodgy passes aside, Dozzell had a great game. 2020 JoJo on the field as well today. Either of those has a bad game and we lose that today. Dykes, while he was on was non stop running and closing down as well so fair play to him. If we can just get Willock to extend his contract we'll be talking big big money in January or next summer
Watford match thread on 17:23 - Aug 27 with 1913 viewsBlackCrowe

Superb team performance, can't fault anyone. Stef had his best game since i can remember.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Watford match thread on 17:23 - Aug 27 with 1898 viewsdannyblue

Watford match thread on 17:17 - Aug 27 by Lblock

That lino is a legend

yes I thought I recognised him and felt favourable towards him
Watford match thread on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 1841 viewsdavman

Watford match thread on 17:16 - Aug 27 by numptydumpty

A match from the heavens !!!

Great result and fantastically dangerous on the break.

We have three out injured and apparently three of four more to come in, and likely starters. Tend to think thats reverse psychology on some of our players to perform at their highest levels.

Johansen and Dozzell produced much better perfomances and Paal too.

I was not expecting this today but delighted.

The championship rears up once more, one point in total at home to both relegation candidates, Rotherham and Blackpool and then win at promotion favourites Watford.

Mad !!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:17]

Good performance that; especially the first half.

JoJo had his best 60 minutes since January -- thought he was awesome in a more advanced role.
I am puzzled by the slagging Dozzell gets from many on this board (opinions, eh?) and thought he was much more progressive and tried running with the ball.
Dykes too didn't look like scoring, but put a real team shift in today - well done that man!
Dunne looked a little dodgy at times and I am not convinced Dickie covered himself in glory with their second goal.
Paal also had his best game even though there were two "moments" where he almost fckd up - overall huge improvement and he needs to get those concentration levels up.
Laird - what a pull back; Willock - what a goal.
Chair started very slowly with a few possession turnovers, but grew into it. Needs to work on his finishing though - he should be on 4 or 5 goals this season already.

A great feeling and strangely more comfortable than the 'Boro game. Watford weren't actually that good, were they? With teh "value" of their team, I'd have been pissed off with that performance.

The third goal WAS offside - the cross was played towards their no. 23, who attacked the ball from an offside position. It would have been so Stroud to miss that though...

...and say it quietly, another look at that Paal challenge in the penalty area made me think. Think it was a pen...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Watford match thread on 17:25 - Aug 27 with 1816 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Watford match thread on 17:16 - Aug 27 by HAYESBOY

My feed they have replayed their second. Its a foul on Dickie by Pedro. He clatters into his calves. Foul all day long. Just glad Stroud did not fck us over again.

If he had I would have written a strongly worded letter. Not sure to who.....?

Tellingly they didn't replay it in the ground.

Thank f*ck the midget gave it because it set up the buzz of the winner.

Fantastic performance 👏 Enjoy Chrissy Willock while you can - if I were a Premier League club I'd sign him tomorrow.
Watford match thread on 17:28 - Aug 27 with 1760 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Absolutely superb today. They ran their socks off, every one of them. Johanson did more running today than he has the rest of 2022 combined. Looked organised in our pressing, great shape, hard to attack against and some wonderful passages of play with the ball.

Absolutely superb. If that’s what Beale ball is supposed to look like I’ll have plenty more please. Get in. You R’s!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024