Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread 00:22 - Sep 18 with 25371 viewsdavman

My go (until we lose a game). Good run, Pinner, but just like any lucky pants or Neil Warnock's shorts, when the run ends, the luck has gone...

I am not gonna lie, I'm worried about this one. Their high press has proven effective for them this season and we can be vulnerable to it.

2-2 with them drawing level late on.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:21 - Sep 18 with 2222 viewsdistortR

I blame davman for this carbuncle

Edit - Cider got there first. Davman has lost the dressing room.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:24]
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 18 with 2192 viewstraininvain

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:17 - Sep 18 by Malintabuk

If we are beaten by a better team I have no issues with that, that is the game.
When we play like we are playing now then that is suicide. OK I'm angry and hate losing, and hopefully it will turn.
But can tell you now we can kiss goodbye any thoughts of a possible play off chance if we keep conceding 2 goals a game.

It’s football, the better team doesn’t always win. Agree that I’d like to see us defend better but I wouldn’t make drastic changes just yet.

Ultimately, as others have pointed out, if the attackers do their job then we’d have been comfortably ahead and not exposed on the break in the last few mins of the game.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 2187 viewsted_hendrix

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Fúck it, Ted. It happens.

We played really well.

I'd have another body in midfield, but so what. And what do I know?

If we'd played like that more often in the decades we've been following them we'd have won far, far more than we did.

I'm in a bad mood Brian I swear to f uck I had a horrible feeling at about 90 minutes, Wells of all people, this is the bloke that was released by them last Month, honestly you couldn't script it.
Lot of strange results in the Championship today.
We've got to be more streetwise in defense though, easy to talk on a MB I know but hey ho.
I'm a bloody bad loser.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:26 - Sep 18 with 2174 viewsBazzeR

We lost today to a poor side in Bristol City who offered little going forwards other than our kamikaze defending.

Plus points for me today we created plenty of real clear cut chances from open play.

Negatives would be playing 3 C/Backs needs a rethink.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 18 with 2120 viewsRs_Holy

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:25 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

I'm in a bad mood Brian I swear to f uck I had a horrible feeling at about 90 minutes, Wells of all people, this is the bloke that was released by them last Month, honestly you couldn't script it.
We've got to be more streetwise in defense though, easy to talk on a MB I know but hey ho.
I'm a bloody bad loser.

It’s QPR… it’s what we do. We have to lose a few to make the winning feeling that much better :)
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 18 with 2114 viewsDWQPR

Probably the best overall performance of the season and we will play a lot worse and hit a team for four or five. Bentley won’t have many better or busier games as a keeper and those stats also don’t show hitting the inside of the post or shots in the second half flying inches wide.after watching Rangers dominate Reading last week for long periods and then they go away and beat Fulham it just shows that anything can happen in this league. It’ll all settle down and the cream will rise to the top and we will be in amongst the top six. And I feel confident that we can do a number on West Brom on Friday

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 18 with 2114 viewsRangersw12

One of those days today

Will let the football manager experts talk bollocks for the next 5 hrs

I'm getting on it
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 2083 viewsManinBlack

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 18 by traininvain

Personally, I’d much rather watch us play gung-ho football and lose the odd game as a result than try to grind out 0-0 draws.

Whilst I understand the thought process in attacking football it helps to have clinical strikers for the end product and today showed we don't have them and reliant on goals from other areas.

I don't know how we have lost at home against a dismal City team yet again it is maddening. We outplayed them last season and contrived to lose to them.

One home win out of four is not good for promotion hopefuls bearing in mind we haven't faced the favourites down at our gaffe yet

I do think Warburton needs to have a rethink about the entertaining football against West Brom and Fulham as they will exploit the gaps behind us if we play the same way. Millwall and Derby scrapped and defended at West Brom and went home with a point. I feel we need to do that in those two tough games. Conceding two a game will see us lose more than we win.

It had to be Wells to get a last minute winner. I went off him when he missed the last minute penalty against Brum wrecking a great comeback.
Login to get fewer ads

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 2076 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Have to hope this is a stretch we can break out of, because following this up with Everton and Brom away could be a bit painful.

Have to stay the course. These stretches happen. We're playing well, but my lord we need to score some of these good changes. I'm guessing that XG number is going to be very high.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 2041 viewsMalintabuk

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 18 by traininvain

It’s football, the better team doesn’t always win. Agree that I’d like to see us defend better but I wouldn’t make drastic changes just yet.

Ultimately, as others have pointed out, if the attackers do their job then we’d have been comfortably ahead and not exposed on the break in the last few mins of the game.

Starting to calm down so if I was out of order I apologise.
But it is not just today though.
2 against Middlesbrough, 2 against Barnsley, 3 against Reading, 2 against Bournemouth and now another 2
And we have been behind in every match this year where a team as scored against us
It is great that we are entertaining and scoring but we need to be successful and we were successful after the new year and we were also more miserly in defence than we are now.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 2040 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:25 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

I'm a bloody bad loser.

You're rarely wrong, Ted, and you're not know either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:36 - Sep 18 with 1982 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Can't believe we've lost that (though I can in a way). Too much poncing around today - they were there for the taking.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:41 - Sep 18 with 1928 viewstraininvain

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:33 - Sep 18 by Malintabuk

Starting to calm down so if I was out of order I apologise.
But it is not just today though.
2 against Middlesbrough, 2 against Barnsley, 3 against Reading, 2 against Bournemouth and now another 2
And we have been behind in every match this year where a team as scored against us
It is great that we are entertaining and scoring but we need to be successful and we were successful after the new year and we were also more miserly in defence than we are now.

No worries, it’s a tough result to accept and we’re all frustrated. But I still think there were plenty of positives and we just need to be a bit more prolific on the basis that we wouldn’t have been exposed for either of their goals if we took our chances in the first and second half.

Personally, I wouldn’t start two centre forwards and I’d have another body in midfield to try and help the defence. But plenty of people on here have been calling for two strikers to start!

It’ll be interesting to see how this team reacts over the next few games. I’m looking forward to watching!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:42]
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:53 - Sep 18 with 1810 viewsShunter

and the away results ?
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:56 - Sep 18 with 1771 viewsShunter

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:10 - Sep 18 by EmpireStateRanger

At home in the Championship:

1 win
2 draws
1 loss

and the away results ?
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:00 - Sep 18 with 1724 viewsstevec

Thought Bentley made the saves most keepers would make given the poor finishing.

Wells goal a comedy of errors. Dickie in a vat of treacle, De wijs falling over at precisely the wrong moment. But what is Dieng doing on these one to ones lately, not expecting him to save but at least come out enough to narrow the angle, the gap he left on that side was huge.

He hesitated on Swift’s first goal. Is there something in the coaching, this was one of Lumleys failings but Dieng was not doing this last season.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:15 - Sep 18 with 1633 viewsdavman

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:17 - Sep 18 by CiderwithRsie

Davman out!

's alright I' ve already got my coat. Not doing this again.

A hard, hard thing to take. We left as soon as Nakhi scored.

Arse.

Can we go out yet?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 18 with 1621 viewsVancouverHoop

Firewagon football can be fun to watch, but it won't win Championships. In the second half it sometimes looked as if we were playing a 2-1-7 formation. I'm not exactly sure what the intention was, but it couldn't have been that. Sure our strikers didn't play well but they had very little space to play in. The Bristol area frequently had thirteen or more players in it. Shots from outside were easily blocked, and those that weren't had the sting taken out of them by the time they reached the goal. Yes their keeper played well, but didn't have to move much, so was able to rely on his reflexes.

It was a barrel of laughs at the time, but we absolutely can't keep keep playing that way.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:30 - Sep 18 with 1549 viewsNorthantsHoop

Missed too many chances, not clinical enough. We take too long in the build up, when we get the breakthrough one on one chance it is not taken, Dykes had the best chance at 1-1 but failed to convert on a one v one with their keeper.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:33 - Sep 18 with 1530 viewsjoe90

Bentley and Massengo were immense for Bristol today. Doesn't matter how many chances you have if you don't finish them.

I didn't expect us to win today and wasn't surprised by the performance or result. Despite having the better chances we looked tired first half and fell short on our deliveries into he box second half. Bristol sat back and made it very difficult for us to play through them and we ended up looked very static at times.

The most frustrating part for me is that I know this team can play better than they have been. We live to fight another day.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 1510 viewsPaddyhoops

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 18 by QPRSteve

Absolutely Gutted. A real kick in the teeth that. The commentary sounded like we pummelled them.

We need to keep the faith. We will come good.

Great Post. We were outstanding today and we'll be there or there abouts.
Some superb football which was a pleasure to watch.
It was incredible value for money.
We applauded Wells onto the pitch which showed what a classy lot we are . Then he goes and does that!!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:50 - Sep 18 with 1427 viewsdavman

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:38 - Sep 18 by Paddyhoops

Great Post. We were outstanding today and we'll be there or there abouts.
Some superb football which was a pleasure to watch.
It was incredible value for money.
We applauded Wells onto the pitch which showed what a classy lot we are . Then he goes and does that!!

I didn't.

Money grabber.

Good bye.

Can we go out yet?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 19:00 - Sep 18 with 1375 viewsDorse

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:15 - Sep 18 by davman

's alright I' ve already got my coat. Not doing this again.

A hard, hard thing to take. We left as soon as Nakhi scored.

Arse.

You have failed us for the last time...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 19:06 - Sep 18 with 1350 viewsHarbour

Charlie and Lyndon both had very good chances and really should have scored at least 3 goals bitter pill to take at the end…had to be Wells..absolutely gutted walking out of the ground onwards and hopefully we will batter one of these teams.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 19:10 - Sep 18 with 1342 viewsGaryT

Watching on the PC I was confident we were going to score in extra time when my phone chimed to tell me that someone had scored (thanks Bet365 for being 30 seconds ahead). We were all over them so I was beaming from ear to ear waiting for the ball to hit the back of the net. 20 seconds had passed and chances had been missed and suddenly they were charging up field. No this can't be right, it will be intercepted in midfield and a hopeful ball over the top will lead to the goal, surely. No, De Wijs has slipped, what was he doing over there anyway, stay with your man! No, it's Wells! Dieng will save it, it's a good angle, NO! It's passed him, it will miss...NOOO!

2 hours later.

2 defeats in a row, West Brom away next....Friday night on Sky...No, not this year, not any more. It's West Brom, they will be favourites to win this but it's West Brom, we've lost two in a row, that's enough, lesson learned. Live on Sky, sod it, Dykes, Austin, Gray, stop fúcking about, put it in the back of the net...2-3 because of course, it's West Brom.

Where did I leave my glass...
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 19:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024