Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread 00:22 - Sep 18 with 26047 viewsdavman

My go (until we lose a game). Good run, Pinner, but just like any lucky pants or Neil Warnock's shorts, when the run ends, the luck has gone...

I am not gonna lie, I'm worried about this one. Their high press has proven effective for them this season and we can be vulnerable to it.

2-2 with them drawing level late on.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 2752 viewsHantsR

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 2755 viewsMick_S

We really have to learn from this and quickly.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:54 - Sep 18 with 2549 viewsMelakaRanger

Total domination means nothing.

They have two shots on target and get two goals.

We have 11 on target and just 1 goal

We got what we deserved today

We have got out of jail too many times in past matches . Not today
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 2438 viewsted_hendrix

Got what we deserved, wasteful in front of goal absolutely wasteful.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 2418 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loved that game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 18 with 2371 viewsbosh67

We are leaving the back door open too often and certainly not taking our 'rewards'. Very frustrating. Bristol do seem to have some kind of Indian sign over us and of course it had to be Wells!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 18 with 2350 viewsted_hendrix

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Loved that game.

Yea nothing like losing at home.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:57 - Sep 18 with 2280 viewsDiscodroids

what a toe punt in the scrote that late winner from wells ,of all people, was.

about as much fun as finding a lump on your solar plexus in the bath. Bollox.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Login to get fewer ads

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 2219 viewsTacticalR

Choker.

Air hostess clique

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:00 - Sep 18 with 2128 viewstraininvain

Great entertainment value, shame about the result!

Sometimes you don’t get what you deserve in football (and life!).
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:00 - Sep 18 with 2108 viewsMyke

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the main theme of Warburton's post match interview?
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 2055 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:54 - Sep 18 by MelakaRanger

Total domination means nothing.

They have two shots on target and get two goals.

We have 11 on target and just 1 goal

We got what we deserved today

We have got out of jail too many times in past matches . Not today

Absolutely ludicrous comment. We had 26 goal attempts, 11 on target, and their keeper got in the way of everything. Then we're done on the counter at the death.

I'm not saying we don't have to be more clinical, clearly we do, but to say we deserved to lose is utterly stupid.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 2037 viewstraininvain

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:00 - Sep 18 by Myke

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the main theme of Warburton's post match interview?

Disappointed, I would guess. Like most of us. But I don’t think he’ll want to dwell on it. We played well for most of the game but didn’t take our chances and came up against another inspired goalkeeper.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:03 - Sep 18 with 2011 viewsngbqpr

26 goal attempts.
11 on target.
10 saves from their keeper.
3 shots on target for them, 2 goals.

I wasn’t at the game…I know the stats never tell the whole story…blimey it’s frustrating…but then you look at the other results…38 games left in this mad League…

No panic buttons need pressing just yet, eh?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 1996 viewsHunterhoop

Unfortunately correct with my prediction.

Unbelievable on the balance of play though, and entirely of our own making. Odubajo was awful. The players as a group just aren’t concentrating. To be done twice from your own corner with one defender left in a 2 on 1 just screams lack of concentration. We should have scored 4 or 5, but the mindset towards defending won’t see us top 14 let alone play offs. Same as the start of last season. No discipline. Everyone flooding forward, no one at home. And missing chance after chance. The Ball for Dykes substitution made us worse too. That is one of the most frustrating games I’ve been to in years. City are poor.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 1993 viewsPaddyhoops

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 18 by stainrods_elbow

Absolutely ludicrous comment. We had 26 goal attempts, 11 on target, and their keeper got in the way of everything. Then we're done on the counter at the death.

I'm not saying we don't have to be more clinical, clearly we do, but to say we deserved to lose is utterly stupid.

I'm walking away from the ground stunned!!
No idea how we lost that . No idea!!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 1848 viewsMalintabuk

Sat and paid good money for this. I'm getting fed up with this "great entertainment" "we were all over them" "we were really unlucky" etc etc
Well it ain't good entertainment if your a fan,a neutral maybe but not a fan
Yes we were all over them , but that don't mean a sh!t if you keep losing, and we were not unlucky we are bloody niave !!
I said against Bournemouth we can't keep getting out of gaol by giving away goals and expect to keep clawing it back
Get this defence sorted out. If it means scraping a couple of 0 -0 sobeit, because if we continue to be as open as we are then we are going to be looking down not up
Really can't fathom why Warbs as decided to go completely gung ho. It is not as if we have poor players at the back, but it is so open and we are being continually punished and deservedly so.
This is frustrating and IMO we could be a decent team, but not playing like this
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:10 - Sep 18 with 1837 viewsEmpireStateRanger

At home in the Championship:

1 win
2 draws
1 loss
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 18 with 1780 viewstraininvain

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:09 - Sep 18 by Malintabuk

Sat and paid good money for this. I'm getting fed up with this "great entertainment" "we were all over them" "we were really unlucky" etc etc
Well it ain't good entertainment if your a fan,a neutral maybe but not a fan
Yes we were all over them , but that don't mean a sh!t if you keep losing, and we were not unlucky we are bloody niave !!
I said against Bournemouth we can't keep getting out of gaol by giving away goals and expect to keep clawing it back
Get this defence sorted out. If it means scraping a couple of 0 -0 sobeit, because if we continue to be as open as we are then we are going to be looking down not up
Really can't fathom why Warbs as decided to go completely gung ho. It is not as if we have poor players at the back, but it is so open and we are being continually punished and deservedly so.
This is frustrating and IMO we could be a decent team, but not playing like this

Personally, I’d much rather watch us play gung-ho football and lose the odd game as a result than try to grind out 0-0 draws.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:13 - Sep 18 with 1754 viewslongbottom

A point today would have done nicely looking at the other results. Would have put us in 6th.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1711 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

Yea nothing like losing at home.

Fúck it, Ted. It happens.

We played really well.

I'd have another body in midfield, but so what. And what do I know?

If we'd played like that more often in the decades we've been following them we'd have won far, far more than we did.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1704 viewsGreenbay

This was a total heartbreaker.
This was against - at best - a middle of the road Championship side.
We lost - not because of their two breakaway goals - but because we could not finish clinically.
Lyndon and Charlie both missed at least 3 clear cut chances.
And add at least another six half chances.
At this level - and above - you just can't miss such opportunities.
If we had scored to go 2-1 up (and we could have been 4 or 5-1 up) - in no way would Nakhi have hit their winner as our defence would have been in place.
I still believe we are a top 6 side although we've dropped to 8th.
We are a wonderful team to watch especially in that second half.
But our finishing in this match was poor.
Outstanding for us in a good team performance, despite the defeat, was Albert and McCallum.
Albert's crossing was impeccable along with his speed and control.
Talk about dancing feet. He'll be 34 in December.
This defeat is really hard to take out of all the defeats we've had in recent seasons.
This is where Warbs and his team will earn their corn.
He will uplift them.
He will point out where we went wrong and more important add lots more shooting practice - I hope.
Looking forward when the time comes for Field, Wallace and Amos to return to the squad.
It's a crazy Championship - Derby and Forest win and Fulham lost at home. Really odd.
All that's left is go for a long walk and build up for Everton on Tuesday and at West Brom on Friday.
Let's not be too disheartened.
The skill level is there.
We'll strike gold soon - don't you think?
And finally Davman - you're 1-match run is ended. Bring back Pinner!!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:17 - Sep 18 with 1673 viewsCiderwithRsie

Davman out!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:17 - Sep 18 with 1671 viewsMalintabuk

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 18 by traininvain

Personally, I’d much rather watch us play gung-ho football and lose the odd game as a result than try to grind out 0-0 draws.

If we are beaten by a better team I have no issues with that, that is the game.
When we play like we are playing now then that is suicide. OK I'm angry and hate losing, and hopefully it will turn.
But can tell you now we can kiss goodbye any thoughts of a possible play off chance if we keep conceding 2 goals a game.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 18 with 1655 viewsQPRSteve

Absolutely Gutted. A real kick in the teeth that. The commentary sounded like we pummelled them.

We need to keep the faith. We will come good.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024