Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? 00:40 - Feb 13 with 10794 viewsjackrmee

Surely they have this all mixed up?
They reckon the Trust have pulled out of the medition planned for th end of the month. But they also say that this is the 2nd time it's happened.
WTF are they talking about? Shit journalism getting things the wrong way round?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6697851/Ugly-legal-dispute-threatens-e

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 2901 viewsherbie

My take on this is as follows. The last we knew the sellers had failed to set out the basis of their defence to the detailed claim sent to them by the Trust's lawyers. We also know only Jenkins of the sellouts had then responded to the invitation to mediate. Nothing had been heard from the other sellers. The Amercians had outlined their defence position and had agreed to mediate.
Assuming the sellers have still not set out in outline the basis of their defence, it is hard to see how mediation with them can take place. Certainly if I was advising the Trust (and I am a commercial litigator with considerable experience in such issues) I would decline medaition unless and until they agreed to set out the basis of their case in advance of any mediation, otherwsie the Trust would be placed in a disadvantageous position vis a vis the sellers.
It is noticeable the letter and article does not say the mediation with the Americans has also been cancelled. It is possible that is still proceeding although it is clearly preferable to have all affected parties at any mediation.
It will be interesting to learn the Trust's position on this which I would expect to be issued shortly.
The article strikes me as a PR stunt to try to blame the Trust when in reality it is the sellers who have failed to follow due process.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 2788 viewsherbie

They have sent a protocol letter before action. Not issued a claim form.
The sellers had not responded to it last we knew.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 11:09 - Feb 13 with 2711 viewsPURe_Evil

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 10:47 - Feb 13 by herbie

They have sent a protocol letter before action. Not issued a claim form.
The sellers had not responded to it last we knew.

How do you know this?

Has there been a vote I missed?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 11:13]
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 12:03 - Feb 13 with 2533 viewschad

This gives vitrtually the opposite message to that given at the Trust Forum.

From the details given at the forum the Trust has shown immense patience

Given its context it even implies it was the Trust that pulled out of the deal rather than the majority owners

I smell disguising propaganda and massive fact twisting, and not for the first time. The sellouts rightful must be massively afraid of their actions being laid out in open court and the potential eventual impact on them because of their actions.

Just further underlines the nature of the beast

Think the paper needs to be taken to task for that also
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:08 - Feb 13 with 2350 viewsPegojack

It's quite clear we are dealing with scumbags of the lowest order.
Get them into court and hit them hard.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 2343 viewsPhil_S

Trust response now online

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2019/02/13/trust-response-to-press-article/
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:11 - Feb 13 with 2334 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The trust has issued it's reply and has condemned the statement from the lawyers as being untrue.
It has also expressed disappointed that the mail online did approach the trust before publish the article.

They are also considering further legal action.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:13 - Feb 13 with 2326 viewsJinxy

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:10 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

Well done Phil. It must be very annoying and time consuming having to publicly set the record straight. It does underline though the kind of people we are, and have been dealing with. All will come out in court, hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:16 - Feb 13 with 2299 viewsLandore_Jack

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 09:49 - Feb 13 by IAN05

There is a very dangerous propaganda game being played by the ex shareholders which for me is showing that they have no interest in the clubs future at all.

Bang on!

#backtojack

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:25 - Feb 13 with 2248 viewswaynekerr55

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:08 - Feb 13 by Pegojack

It's quite clear we are dealing with scumbags of the lowest order.
Get them into court and hit them hard.

Well said.

Jenkins and co. Hang your heads in shame, you absolute vermin

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:34 - Feb 13 with 2188 viewschad

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:10 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

Thanks to the Trust for getting this excellent and well considered response out so promptly
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:36 - Feb 13 with 2176 viewsLeonWasGod

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:11 - Feb 13 by felixstowe_jack

The trust has issued it's reply and has condemned the statement from the lawyers as being untrue.
It has also expressed disappointed that the mail online did approach the trust before publish the article.

They are also considering further legal action.

Hadn't they better finish considering the legal action they are already considering before they start considering some more?

Can't say I'm surprised by HJ or the Mail. Good to see a quick response from the Trust though - nice one Phil & Co. 👍
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:58 - Feb 13 with 2081 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:36 - Feb 13 by LeonWasGod

Hadn't they better finish considering the legal action they are already considering before they start considering some more?

Can't say I'm surprised by HJ or the Mail. Good to see a quick response from the Trust though - nice one Phil & Co. 👍

Worth a request to the mail to confirm the source and story, more evidence against the sellouts?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:02 - Feb 13 with 2060 viewsWarwickHunt

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 13:58 - Feb 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Worth a request to the mail to confirm the source and story, more evidence against the sellouts?

That won’t happen.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:11 - Feb 13 with 2024 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:02 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

That won’t happen.

The DM are quoting the sell out lawyers as their sources........

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:20 - Feb 13 with 1983 viewsPozuelosSideys

Correct me if im wrong here, but whats the end game for the Sellers? All well and good throwing this PR game int public, but whats the rationale?

For me it appears they want to muddy the waters, schmooze, confuse and generally misdirect the majority of the fanbase, particularly those in the Trust with voting rights. They know any legal action will need to be approved by the wider Trust members. They want a result like the last vote which was to not take legal action. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM.

IMO i hope theres a huge PR and information offensive in the pipeline ready to go when required by the Trust

That should also whet the appetite of many on here who want to get their teth stuck into something other than marches and banners

We're coming for you, we're coming for yoouuuu, You Greedy Bastards, We're coming for you!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:21 - Feb 13 with 1981 viewsWarwickHunt

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:11 - Feb 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

The DM are quoting the sell out lawyers as their sources........

Exactly. Jenkins & Co. hiding behind the lawyers.

Interesting that only the DM has run with this shite...
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:29 - Feb 13 with 1940 viewsJonathans_coat

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:21 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

The football reporters in other papers obviously know their stuff, and know not to trust them.

Either that or the sellouts know that the DM are perfectly happy to print obvious lies!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 14:34]
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 1901 viewsderijack

This response needs to be shared widely.

We now have a dailymail article which would be consumed globally, vs a trust response to its members.

The dailymail should be informed and forced to publish a counter article.

This akin to fake news propaganda. The 'average joe' fan who is not a member of the trust and does not frequent these forums would lap the dailymail article up and take it as gospel.

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:39 - Feb 13 with 1884 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:21 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

The Trust response talks about a press release if this exists in some format that should be evidence enough against the sellouts; it looks like they may be 'frustrating the process' which with be an anathema to the court if it gets there.

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:44 - Feb 13 with 1867 viewsjackrmee

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:36 - Feb 13 by derijack

This response needs to be shared widely.

We now have a dailymail article which would be consumed globally, vs a trust response to its members.

The dailymail should be informed and forced to publish a counter article.

This akin to fake news propaganda. The 'average joe' fan who is not a member of the trust and does not frequent these forums would lap the dailymail article up and take it as gospel.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/relations-heart-swans

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:11 - Feb 13 with 1780 views34dfgdf54

Can someone with knowledge greater than mine, tell me what the guys who sold their shares are getting out of releasing stuff like this to the press? Like someone else said above, what's the end game?

From the Trust response I'm assuming this particular battle is with Huw and co rather than the owners.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 15:11]
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:16 - Feb 13 with 1761 viewsjasper_T

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:11 - Feb 13 by 34dfgdf54

Can someone with knowledge greater than mine, tell me what the guys who sold their shares are getting out of releasing stuff like this to the press? Like someone else said above, what's the end game?

From the Trust response I'm assuming this particular battle is with Huw and co rather than the owners.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 15:11]

Make legal action more expensive to pursue to completion and undermine trust leadership ahead of any votes they might have in the future.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:31 - Feb 13 with 1726 viewsWarwickHunt

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 14:39 - Feb 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

The Trust response talks about a press release if this exists in some format that should be evidence enough against the sellouts; it looks like they may be 'frustrating the process' which with be an anathema to the court if it gets there.

It's a "statement" passed to a friendly Mail journo. David Conn presumably wasn't an option.

The lawyers have tweeted the Mail link so there can be no doubting the content. Interestingly, Dineen has retweeted it...

Prick.
Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:33 - Feb 13 with 1717 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Daily Mail on the Trust and mediation...WTF? on 15:31 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

It's a "statement" passed to a friendly Mail journo. David Conn presumably wasn't an option.

The lawyers have tweeted the Mail link so there can be no doubting the content. Interestingly, Dineen has retweeted it...

Prick.

https://ipslaw.co.uk/about-us

On the response thread I posted this link, the IPS Law team acted for the sellouts...
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 15:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024