Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 13:29 - Mar 20 with 12377 viewsTrueDaleBlue

I posted this a couple of weeks ago on another thread.
The sooner we get all the home fans in one stand at home the better.
Close the sandy.
Home fans in the wilbutts.
Away fans in the pearl.
Main stand for the match day diners, wags, vip's, and anybody else on a freebie.
Yesterday's atmosphere was the best this season.
Atmosphere on 22:24 - Mar 27 with 1512 viewsrochdaleriddler

Make the sandy v cheap, develop the other stands

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Atmosphere on 01:36 - Mar 28 with 1402 viewsTalkingSutty

Atmosphere on 20:29 - Mar 23 by buckbyname

No thank you, I like standing at football. If the Sandy goes so do I.
If its atmosphere you want get a space suit.

Always makes me laugh this one. Your support of the Dale hinges on being able to go in the Sandy Lane and your insistence on standing up eliminates you from watching your team in probably 95% of away matches?
So if circumstances dictated that the Sandy Lane had to be seated or closed for a particular reason you would give up on your team and no longer watch them? There's a word for that...Fickle.

Basically,standing in the Sandy Lane comes before the support of your team, it's a strange one is that. I understand supporters love of standing at games and agree with them, if the Sandy afforded a half decent view I would be in there myself but it doesn't.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 7:50]
Atmosphere on 07:58 - Mar 28 with 1342 viewsbatfink

It's all about personal preference, I've tried main stand once, good view but not for me. Been in Pearl st a few times and apart from Wednesday in FA cup the atmosphere is too muted. Even tried the wilbutts for the rugby world cup, good but the seats felt tiny (was amazing to see the ground that full though) Have to agree that when we are attacking the Sandy that is the best atmosphere in the ground, yes the view isn't the best but the atmosphere added to the freedom of movement more than makes up for it for me
Atmosphere on 08:20 - Mar 28 with 1332 viewsPorlicks

If you aren't disabled or pregnant, there's no reason to want to sit down at a football match.

It's just another symptom of Fat Britain.

Who are YOU with?

Atmosphere on 09:11 - Mar 28 with 1286 viewsfitzochris

Atmosphere on 08:20 - Mar 28 by Porlicks

If you aren't disabled or pregnant, there's no reason to want to sit down at a football match.

It's just another symptom of Fat Britain.

I don't know about that.

Me and my lot used to go in the Sandy every home game but one of the gents I attend games with needed an operation, the result of which meant he could no longer stand for 90 minutes. Therefore we all migrated to the Pearl Street.

To be honest, I prefer it in there nowadays. I get a better view and it's good for little ones who also can get fed up standing for 90 minutes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024