Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 14:40 - Feb 21 with 15295 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Next years season tickets will be on sale in a month or so, what do you think the club will do about prices?
Freeze the prices for another season.
Put prices up to reflect the gate increase this year.
Do something radical, and drop prices to try to attract more fans.
Season Tickets on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 2071 viewsDorsetDale

Season Tickets on 21:22 - Feb 22 by dingdangblue

Well announcing the stadium purchase and a £100 pound season ticket at the same time in the next few week's would be a marketing masterstroke!

According to ming in this thread: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/165511/2219750/challenge-cu

some form of announcement is imminent

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Season Tickets on 13:00 - Feb 23 with 1999 views100notout

Season Tickets on 11:48 - Feb 23 by DorsetDale

According to ming in this thread: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/165511/2219750/challenge-cu

some form of announcement is imminent

unfortunately the councils understanding of "imminent" is very different from everyone elses

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season Tickets on 13:28 - Feb 23 with 1937 views1mark1

Regarding Stadium Company.
I mentioned this ages ago,September 2014, about he fact that RMBC were waiting for an appropriate offer and financial package for the shares and debts, from RAFC. All the principals are sorted, ie, when RMBC offer an acceptable financial package , RMBC will accept it, and the deal can be finalised.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season Tickets on 14:21 - Feb 23 with 1883 viewslurker

Season Tickets on 13:28 - Feb 23 by 1mark1

Regarding Stadium Company.
I mentioned this ages ago,September 2014, about he fact that RMBC were waiting for an appropriate offer and financial package for the shares and debts, from RAFC. All the principals are sorted, ie, when RMBC offer an acceptable financial package , RMBC will accept it, and the deal can be finalised.

Presume you mean RAFC offer an acceptable package. Let's be fair, this has already been done, but the council can't/won't accept it. I accept the restraints on RMBC as a public sector organisation in this deal, but some compromise must be reached as this whole debacle will cost the local taxpayer either way.

RMBC's position seems from my view to be kind of like me trying to sell my motor for £5000 because that's what I paid for it 4 years ago, so therefore that is what it is worth to me.

If the situation goes on, I can only see the stadium company going into administration at some point with ownership of the assets (ie. the ground) going to a buyer who would have an interest and funds available to purchase it at a price acceptable to an administrator. We all know who that would be, so why delay the inevitable?
Season Tickets on 14:42 - Feb 23 with 1855 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 14:21 - Feb 23 by lurker

Presume you mean RAFC offer an acceptable package. Let's be fair, this has already been done, but the council can't/won't accept it. I accept the restraints on RMBC as a public sector organisation in this deal, but some compromise must be reached as this whole debacle will cost the local taxpayer either way.

RMBC's position seems from my view to be kind of like me trying to sell my motor for £5000 because that's what I paid for it 4 years ago, so therefore that is what it is worth to me.

If the situation goes on, I can only see the stadium company going into administration at some point with ownership of the assets (ie. the ground) going to a buyer who would have an interest and funds available to purchase it at a price acceptable to an administrator. We all know who that would be, so why delay the inevitable?

Yes sorry, meant RAFC, offering a finically acceptable package to RMBC.

I am not defending the position of RMBC, just stating the facts, that RMBC did not find the offer acceptable.

Now unless anyone knows what was offered by RAFC, it's impossible to know if it was a fair offer or not. I know most on here will always assume that RAFC will always be in the right, but it's possible that in this case they haven't been.

As a supporter of Dale and a local tax payer , I hope for a fair deal for both parties, but legally RMBC have to get the best possible offer for the resident of all its residents, not just one that benefits the relatively small numbers of Dale fans.

Season Tickets on 15:04 - Feb 23 with 1820 viewslurker

Season Tickets on 14:42 - Feb 23 by 1mark1

Yes sorry, meant RAFC, offering a finically acceptable package to RMBC.

I am not defending the position of RMBC, just stating the facts, that RMBC did not find the offer acceptable.

Now unless anyone knows what was offered by RAFC, it's impossible to know if it was a fair offer or not. I know most on here will always assume that RAFC will always be in the right, but it's possible that in this case they haven't been.

As a supporter of Dale and a local tax payer , I hope for a fair deal for both parties, but legally RMBC have to get the best possible offer for the resident of all its residents, not just one that benefits the relatively small numbers of Dale fans.

Completely agree. And my views are definitely one of a person looking from the outside in.

I can just see the debt keep climbing the whole time a deal is not reached and I also know - as do most Rochdalians - that RMBC are an incompetent organisation who tend to look out mainly for their own interest and not the interest of the local taxpayer. This is what has influenced my opinion more than the fact I am a Dale fan to be honest!
Season Tickets on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 1796 viewsdingdangblue

Season Tickets on 14:21 - Feb 23 by lurker

It seems a very complicated situation. How could the Stadium Company go into administration whilst Dale/RFL/Council are the 3 parties involved? All 3 have money to fund the Stadium even if they chose not to? What circumstances would be involved?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Tickets on 15:45 - Feb 23 with 1755 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 15:04 - Feb 23 by lurker

Completely agree. And my views are definitely one of a person looking from the outside in.

I can just see the debt keep climbing the whole time a deal is not reached and I also know - as do most Rochdalians - that RMBC are an incompetent organisation who tend to look out mainly for their own interest and not the interest of the local taxpayer. This is what has influenced my opinion more than the fact I am a Dale fan to be honest!

RMBC do want the Stadium deal done asap , as the money would help the coffers. It's in the interests of RMBC and the majority of the Borough's residents for the best possible deal to be done. In this case the interests of the majority of residents of Rochdale MBC are met by RMBC getting the best possible deal.

Other than loans to the SC, has their been money put into the SC? If not, the debts of the SC don't really concern the Council, only the debt owed by the SC and cost of shares.

Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 16:26 - Feb 23 with 1711 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets on 15:45 - Feb 23 by 1mark1

RMBC do want the Stadium deal done asap , as the money would help the coffers. It's in the interests of RMBC and the majority of the Borough's residents for the best possible deal to be done. In this case the interests of the majority of residents of Rochdale MBC are met by RMBC getting the best possible deal.

Other than loans to the SC, has their been money put into the SC? If not, the debts of the SC don't really concern the Council, only the debt owed by the SC and cost of shares.

The longer the Stadium saga drags on the harder it hurts the Football Club from a financial point of view. If the deal had been secured 18 months ago then maybe extra funding would have been brought into the club through other streams such as Stadium advertising etc. Isn't that the whole point, extra revenue?

None of us know the figures involved but maybe the Football Club might have to take a financial hit in the short term but be able to recoup it as a result of finalising the deal. To be perfectly honest I am now starting to wonder if this is all a smoke screen, the club are just paying it lip service and purchasing the Stadium isn't going to happen. It's dragged on too long now and impacted on the field, hampered the manager and disillusioned the fanbase.

The fans should be kept in the loop,if RMBC and the Club are miles apart on the finances then make a decision one way or the other. If we end up with the Stadium does anybody have any faith that it will be utilised and promoted to its full potential? Sorry for being pessimistic but the whole club needs a bloody great big rocket up its arse.Its stagnating not progressing and the support is regressing as a result (Those three words again).

I think Hillys getting fed up of it as well, he alluded to the finances in a interview last week and stated he will have to sit down and talk at the end of the season.He sounded a bit fed up.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 16:41]
Season Tickets on 16:45 - Feb 23 with 1664 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 16:26 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

The longer the Stadium saga drags on the harder it hurts the Football Club from a financial point of view. If the deal had been secured 18 months ago then maybe extra funding would have been brought into the club through other streams such as Stadium advertising etc. Isn't that the whole point, extra revenue?

None of us know the figures involved but maybe the Football Club might have to take a financial hit in the short term but be able to recoup it as a result of finalising the deal. To be perfectly honest I am now starting to wonder if this is all a smoke screen, the club are just paying it lip service and purchasing the Stadium isn't going to happen. It's dragged on too long now and impacted on the field, hampered the manager and disillusioned the fanbase.

The fans should be kept in the loop,if RMBC and the Club are miles apart on the finances then make a decision one way or the other. If we end up with the Stadium does anybody have any faith that it will be utilised and promoted to its full potential? Sorry for being pessimistic but the whole club needs a bloody great big rocket up its arse.Its stagnating not progressing and the support is regressing as a result (Those three words again).

I think Hillys getting fed up of it as well, he alluded to the finances in a interview last week and stated he will have to sit down and talk at the end of the season.He sounded a bit fed up.

I agree.

I said back in 2014 ,that I was informed, that RAFC wanted to buy RMBC shares and pay off the debts owed to RMBC, practically in instalments, and this was not acceptable or allowed.

It's a shame Dale can't just agree to buy the RL shares, but looks like the whole deal has to include paying off the SC debt to RMBC as well as the Council shares. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Season Tickets on 17:04 - Feb 23 with 1627 viewsrobbowood

Season Tickets on 16:26 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

I was told the attitude of one councillor was the reason the Stadium deal hasn't gone though and there isn't much chance of it doing so while this person remains on Rochdale council

Make of that what you will
Season Tickets on 17:11 - Feb 23 with 1612 viewsisitme

Season Tickets on 17:04 - Feb 23 by robbowood

I was told the attitude of one councillor was the reason the Stadium deal hasn't gone though and there isn't much chance of it doing so while this person remains on Rochdale council

Make of that what you will

I wonder who that is?
Season Tickets on 17:35 - Feb 23 with 1578 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets on 17:11 - Feb 23 by isitme

I wonder who that is?

The poisoned dwarf?
Season Tickets on 18:13 - Feb 23 with 1525 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets on 17:11 - Feb 23 by isitme

I wonder who that is?

Would I want to brett my bottom dollar on it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Tickets on 18:59 - Feb 23 with 1477 views1mark1

Has he been the one conducting negotiations? Have the negotiations not been conducted by RMBC officers and or solicitor? Lets not forget that even according to RAFC and Hornets, the deal in principal has been agreed as far as Hornets are concerned therefore why would a councilor who could face being surcharged if found guilty of negligence do such a thing?

I dislike him as much as anyone, but I remain to be convinced that this has happened. I know that some on here would never believe that our clubs representatives could ever be in the wrong, but this may well be the case.

Season Tickets on 19:06 - Feb 23 with 1466 viewsisitme

Season Tickets on 18:13 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Would I want to brett my bottom dollar on it?

Is that the guy who is being moved from one seat as he might lose it to another where he has already got 2,000 postal votes in the bag?
Season Tickets on 19:13 - Feb 23 with 1453 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets on 19:06 - Feb 23 by isitme

Is that the guy who is being moved from one seat as he might lose it to another where he has already got 2,000 postal votes in the bag?

I wouldn't use the term "guy". It demeans most of the male population.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024