Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey should get the job 18:25 - Mar 8 with 7908 viewsmacclesfieldman

I love our club but bloody hell our fans are fickle. When CR was appointed and we won at Sunderland almost every post on this board was positive. Now, many on this board are saying he's not qualified.
I think he has talent and dignity. He has not used the state of the squad, injuries or suspensions as excuses, he is positive and tries his best with what he has got.
It is a gamble to appoint him, we don't know if he will make good signings, but we don't know that about any other person.. just look at the signings made by MH & HR both experienced EPL Managers. (And LVG spending 70m on De Maria)
I like CR and want to see him given a chance.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Ramsey should get the job on 18:28 - Mar 8 with 4464 viewsRANGERS4EVER

He isn't a bad bck up option but i still feel we should be going into summer ready to look for a new manager. If someone like Clement or Warbuton came along i know who i would choose. but i agree he is getting a bit too much harsh judgement. Still speaks a lot of sense, and is trying to work with what he has

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Ramsey should get the job on 18:29 - Mar 8 with 4456 viewsstuabd

Its nice actually listening to a press conference or interview and not cringing as was the case with old Harry.
Ramsey should get the job on 18:48 - Mar 8 with 4412 viewsWestonsuperR

I wasnt positive at the time of the appointment and highlighted that he had only managed at Non-League level. There are of course mitigating circumstances but ultimately you can't offer a job to someone with an 80% loss record, he at least needs to make a fight of this relegation battle to be considered, still plenty of time for him to do so but find the appointment a strange choice and a gamble that so far has not paid off.
Ramsey should get the job on 19:04 - Mar 8 with 4364 viewsTHEBUSH

I agree with the OP, CR should get to be QPR manager full time, imo he's a top class football coach, which is what we've been crying out for, for ages.

Good luck to the guy, he's got what it takes
Ramsey should get the job on 19:10 - Mar 8 with 4345 viewskropotkin41

If you accept that even the best manager in the world would struggle to turn around the Rs after so long a period of mismanagement, amid indiscipline, poor fitness and a spate of injuries then it makes no sense to judge CR harshly if we lose or even if we get relegated. He is clearly a widely respected and experienced coach and a man who presents just the sort of face I'd prefer at press conferences - he's bright, honest and doesn't hide from the consequences of defeat.

If I were TF I'd come out and give CR next season right now, whichever league we're in. I don't think he would be any more (or less) likely to get us relegated two seasons running than anyone else.......... if that's going to happen it's going to happen............ and as for a dash for getting back into the Prem. how many think it's going to be possible to chuck money at that ambition and make it happen? I don't.

Give CR until the end of next season and see how it goes, I say. We've had Big Name Fever and what the club needs is something different with an eye to building not rushing.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ramsey should get the job on 19:30 - Mar 8 with 4298 viewsjohncharles

Ramsey should get the job on 18:29 - Mar 8 by stuabd

Its nice actually listening to a press conference or interview and not cringing as was the case with old Harry.

And it's nice to see our team set out in a formation, with tactics and a coherent plan.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ramsey should get the job on 19:48 - Mar 8 with 4261 viewsbosh67

I was reading about Mark Warburton and the fact that he was a city trader for 20 years, handling £1.5bn to £2bn a day, so I would imagine that he probably scares the sh*t out of Brentford because he probably know more about controlling money than they ever will. If he ever came to QPR he would probably be a better FD then we've ever had. Also 52.

But... Chris Ramsey all day long for us. We are playing better football with half the available players that Redknapp had. When Hughes had a disastrous start to his second year Harry came in as an experienced saviour. We went down without any fight at all and he got the job to bring us back up. He did get Charlie in and Steve McClaren and we were unattractive to watch but got the results. Then we lost Steve and relied entirely on Charlie. We scraped up thanks to a massive stroke of luck and fortune.

So, Ramsey comes in with far less games to go this time, half a squad and after 4 close defeats, a few self inflicted he is suddenly not good enough. I have just listened on the radio to Liverpool fans wanting Rodgers out because they drew with Blackburn in the cup. This is a team that has won 9 of its last 11 Prem games! Fans are totally deluded.

Ramsey and Ferdinand are our future. I would love Clement to come to QPR one day but even though he has done a fantastic job at one of the world's biggest clubs he would still need time to get up to speed in this country. But I am seeing improvements under Ramsey. Will it be his fault we go down? No. Do I think he has the metal with Ferdinand to build a proper QPR with proper young and new talent? Yes. Especially if we do have to take the drop. It will be sad to drop down but for the long time good I think we will see a Rangers set up that we remember as being the USP of the club. If we stay up then it will be about him imposing a style he wants his players to play with at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramsey should get the job on 19:52 - Mar 8 with 4247 viewsHollowayRanger

he's being given a chance he's got the job till end of season

if he does well then im sure he will get longer and no one would be happier than me we really need stability

so far im impressed in the way he handles interviews and has the respect of the players

but I wasn't happy Wednesday watching him look lost for a couple of minutes when arsenal scored their 2nd or in him bringing on swp for 90 seconds in what had to be the most pointless sub ever,had no problem bringing swp on but give the turd at least 10-15 mins

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey should get the job on 19:58 - Mar 8 with 4232 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey should get the job on 19:30 - Mar 8 by johncharles

And it's nice to see our team set out in a formation, with tactics and a coherent plan.

A coherent plan.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey should get the job on 20:13 - Mar 8 with 4186 viewskropotkin41

Ramsey should get the job on 19:58 - Mar 8 by TheBlob

A coherent plan.

The thing is that no-one is suggesting that Chris Ramsey is the world's greatest manager, or that he hasn't got lots to learn, but saving only Pulis if you believe in SoG's faith in the man's powers, no-one who comes in will be some flawless maestro who'll have the players in our squad looking like Barcelona after four or five games.

For goodness sake, we suffered the man who is apparently one of England's most respected managers for a couple of years and look at the football he delivered!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ramsey should get the job on 20:21 - Mar 8 with 4167 viewsSpiritofGregory

Offering the job already to a manager who has lost 4 In 5 games - smacks of desperation.

If he keeps us up then he should get the job but if he takes us down with a terrible win percentage and crazy subs then no.

If he takes us down appointing a manager will depend on our FFP punishment. You can not interview potential managers, if you don't know what punishment you face. Could yet again be another season of being unprepared.
Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 with 4161 viewsderbyhoop

Hughes' win record was 20%
Redknapp's 18%

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 with 4160 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey should get the job on 19:58 - Mar 8 by TheBlob

A coherent plan.

That's the title of the next movie about QPR.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey should get the job on 20:27 - Mar 8 with 4157 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 by derbyhoop

Redknapp's 18%

He's not wrong.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey should get the job on 20:35 - Mar 8 with 4143 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 by TacticalR

That's the title of the next movie about QPR.

No plan B.
Ramsey should get the job on 20:42 - Mar 8 with 4130 viewsSpiritofGregory

We'll probably end up with Ramsey regardless. If we stay up, he stays and good luck to him. If we go down no one decent will touch us with a barge pole due to our financial situation.
Ramsey should get the job on 20:49 - Mar 8 with 4118 views1BobbyHazell

I like Ramsey and if we go down I wouldn't hold him accountable at all.

But I still want Clement.

The chance to get an English coach who was/is so impressive that Carlo Ancelotti, one of Europe's most successful and well travelled managers in the last 15 years (winning the league titles in Italy, France and England and probably about to in Spain, as well as the Champions League) took him with him to be his number 2 at PSG and Madrid, is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I mean an English coach picked by a manager who will have seen and worked with the best European/World football has to offer. How good must he be!? How respected do you think English coaches normally are by Europe's Footballing Aristocracy like Ancelotti!!!?

Now of course, none of this means he'll definitely be a good manager. He could end up really poor. All successful managers often seem to need some key Alpha Male type quality. That can come in varying forms from the traditional Alpha type of say a Big Sam, to the cerebral Alpha of a Wenger or the Messiah Complex Alpha of Moanyc**trinho. Successful, well thought of coaches who fail as managers often seem to lack this 'alphaness' required to be the top dog. Steve Kean, Les Read (now running things as Director of Football at Southampton), black fella from Wolves etc etc come to mind as examples. Clement could be one of those but he might not, there are signs Ramsey may be.

As far as comparing the two as 'both good coaches', with all due respect to Ramsey Head of Player Development at Tottenham followed by a few months as Tactic Tim's No 2 is not on a par with being selected to be the number 2 at Madrid by a manager who probably has the telephone number of every top coach in Europe in his Little Black Book.

Yes of course I want stability, I have been really pleased with the obvious new direction the club is taking. But automatically giving the job full time to a man who was given it for 13 games just because he happened to be here to develop the kids is not necessarily the best long term solution. Real stability will be achieved by getting this next appointment right.

Ramsey was brought here to work with the youth, lets keep him to do that and expand the club's Brains Trust by bringing in a man with an outstanding coaching pedigree, who clearly understands modern football, has worked with kids and established players, talks intelligently about some of the differences between those two groups and their attitudes etc, loves the club, wants to come back to England and is happy to manage in the Championship.

Like I said, that is a one off opportunity. There is never going to be another candidate like that.

This isn't me having a go at Ramsey. I like some of the things he has done, there are some areas of improvement, although not particularly mind blowing ones. Anyway, not his fault, he's making the best of a f**king mess, we all know that. Lovely fella with some obvious attributes but I just think Clement has greater potential.

Don't blame me when he turns out sh1t.
Ramsey should get the job on 20:51 - Mar 8 with 4116 viewsTacticalR

Whatever happens, at least Kevin Bond will still be there.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey should get the job on 20:52 - Mar 8 with 4113 viewswestberksr

And 3 out of the 4 defeats were to clubs chasing champions league football losing only to the odd goal in all 3 and creating plenty of chances in the last 2.

Could never really say that MH or HR were unlucky, but at this point in time I'd say that could be said of CR.

S'ton, players dropping like flies and a last minute goal
Hull, Joey, end of
Arsenal, gave a fukkin good team a game
Spuds, played against 14 when you include the officials

All that with a shit squad further decemated by injuries and suspension.

Let's call off the firing squad for a few weeks at least.
Ramsey should get the job on 21:09 - Mar 8 with 4079 viewsWestonsuperR

Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 by derbyhoop

Redknapp's 18%

Hughes loss record 59%
Redknapp loss record 41%
Ramsey loss record 80%
Ramsey should get the job on 21:10 - Mar 8 with 4071 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 20:49 - Mar 8 by 1BobbyHazell

I like Ramsey and if we go down I wouldn't hold him accountable at all.

But I still want Clement.

The chance to get an English coach who was/is so impressive that Carlo Ancelotti, one of Europe's most successful and well travelled managers in the last 15 years (winning the league titles in Italy, France and England and probably about to in Spain, as well as the Champions League) took him with him to be his number 2 at PSG and Madrid, is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I mean an English coach picked by a manager who will have seen and worked with the best European/World football has to offer. How good must he be!? How respected do you think English coaches normally are by Europe's Footballing Aristocracy like Ancelotti!!!?

Now of course, none of this means he'll definitely be a good manager. He could end up really poor. All successful managers often seem to need some key Alpha Male type quality. That can come in varying forms from the traditional Alpha type of say a Big Sam, to the cerebral Alpha of a Wenger or the Messiah Complex Alpha of Moanyc**trinho. Successful, well thought of coaches who fail as managers often seem to lack this 'alphaness' required to be the top dog. Steve Kean, Les Read (now running things as Director of Football at Southampton), black fella from Wolves etc etc come to mind as examples. Clement could be one of those but he might not, there are signs Ramsey may be.

As far as comparing the two as 'both good coaches', with all due respect to Ramsey Head of Player Development at Tottenham followed by a few months as Tactic Tim's No 2 is not on a par with being selected to be the number 2 at Madrid by a manager who probably has the telephone number of every top coach in Europe in his Little Black Book.

Yes of course I want stability, I have been really pleased with the obvious new direction the club is taking. But automatically giving the job full time to a man who was given it for 13 games just because he happened to be here to develop the kids is not necessarily the best long term solution. Real stability will be achieved by getting this next appointment right.

Ramsey was brought here to work with the youth, lets keep him to do that and expand the club's Brains Trust by bringing in a man with an outstanding coaching pedigree, who clearly understands modern football, has worked with kids and established players, talks intelligently about some of the differences between those two groups and their attitudes etc, loves the club, wants to come back to England and is happy to manage in the Championship.

Like I said, that is a one off opportunity. There is never going to be another candidate like that.

This isn't me having a go at Ramsey. I like some of the things he has done, there are some areas of improvement, although not particularly mind blowing ones. Anyway, not his fault, he's making the best of a f**king mess, we all know that. Lovely fella with some obvious attributes but I just think Clement has greater potential.

Don't blame me when he turns out sh1t.

Might be too difficult to get Clement, we'll only stand a chance if we stay up. Newcastle are already interested, he won't lack suitors. We don't yet know our fate, if relegated which makes planning for the future difficult.
Ramsey should get the job on 21:14 - Mar 8 with 4069 views1BobbyHazell

Ramsey should get the job on 21:09 - Mar 8 by WestonsuperR

Hughes loss record 59%
Redknapp loss record 41%
Ramsey loss record 80%

Blimey. I know I was advocating for Clement a few posts up but quoting Ramsey's loss % after 5 games.

Poor.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 21:19]
Ramsey should get the job on 21:31 - Mar 8 with 4029 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR fans joined in with Spurs fans in taunting Rio Ferdinand during another below par performance from the defender.

Guru Ramsey stated that the fans should not taunt Rio, they should encourage him.
Ramsey should get the job on 21:45 - Mar 8 with 3999 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey reminds me of Ray Wilkins.
Ramsey should get the job on 21:48 - Mar 8 with 4001 viewsWestonsuperR

Ramsey should get the job on 21:14 - Mar 8 by 1BobbyHazell

Blimey. I know I was advocating for Clement a few posts up but quoting Ramsey's loss % after 5 games.

Poor.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 21:19]

I'm not massively Anti-Ramsey but am highlighting the point that a few too many were far too quick to declare he was definitely the man for us this season and the future after just 1 win. Give Ramsey time and he could still turn is around, let's hope he does.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024