Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey should get the job 18:25 - Mar 8 with 8151 viewsmacclesfieldman

I love our club but bloody hell our fans are fickle. When CR was appointed and we won at Sunderland almost every post on this board was positive. Now, many on this board are saying he's not qualified.
I think he has talent and dignity. He has not used the state of the squad, injuries or suspensions as excuses, he is positive and tries his best with what he has got.
It is a gamble to appoint him, we don't know if he will make good signings, but we don't know that about any other person.. just look at the signings made by MH & HR both experienced EPL Managers. (And LVG spending 70m on De Maria)
I like CR and want to see him given a chance.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Ramsey should get the job on 21:50 - Mar 8 with 2030 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ramsey should get the job on 20:26 - Mar 8 by derbyhoop

Hughes' win record was 20%
Redknapp's 18%

Thanks Derby, I was just about to look up that stat.

I seriously cannot believe people are assessing Ramsey on the basis of 5 games, two of them vs Spurs and Arsenal, in at least three of which we have been incredibly lucky not to get something.

I get the point that these defeats are incredibly damaging. In terms of our survival they matter a lot. But as a statistical sample for measuring Ramsey's record they count for nothing.
Ramsey should get the job on 21:55 - Mar 8 with 2029 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 21:31 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

QPR fans joined in with Spurs fans in taunting Rio Ferdinand during another below par performance from the defender.

Guru Ramsey stated that the fans should not taunt Rio, they should encourage him.

you're trying too hard mate xD
Ramsey should get the job on 22:33 - Mar 8 with 1986 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 21:55 - Mar 8 by WallyRanger

you're trying too hard mate xD

No seriously the Guru has gone on record stating that the fans should encourage Rio.

I remember when Wilkins was our manager, my brother used joke about Wilkins and the chaps (players) sipping tea from china cups at half time. All very civilised, Wilkins playing the perfect host, never once losing his temper.
Ramsey should get the job on 22:39 - Mar 8 with 1983 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ramsey should get the job on 22:33 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

No seriously the Guru has gone on record stating that the fans should encourage Rio.

I remember when Wilkins was our manager, my brother used joke about Wilkins and the chaps (players) sipping tea from china cups at half time. All very civilised, Wilkins playing the perfect host, never once losing his temper.

The manager wants the fans to get behind one of the players?

What a bastard!

It'll never catch on
Ramsey should get the job on 22:45 - Mar 8 with 1973 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 22:39 - Mar 8 by CiderwithRsie

The manager wants the fans to get behind one of the players?

What a bastard!

It'll never catch on

The manager hasn't the guts to have a go at the player.

The fans are perfectly entitled to have a go at Rio, the fans never wanted him for obvious reasons and have been proved right.
Ramsey should get the job on 22:47 - Mar 8 with 1973 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 22:33 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

And they should do if he's in the side, I know he's not as good as he used to be and hasn't made a great start but if in the side then why not try and encourage him? I know it's a bit rich of me to say as I find myself getting pissed off at players but surely encouragement helps a lot more than slagging a player off? And what do you think CR should've said? You think he should've said "yeah, I agree with the fans, he's sh1te" publicly and potentially lose the dressing room? I'm sure he'd actually be telling Rio what he thinks to Rio rather than through the press y'know?
Bit hard to be critical of CR tbh, you only had to look at our bench to see the problem, too many injuries, we were unlucky to lose yesterday, any other day we'd have had some of our shots go in off the bar rather than go back out tbh
Ramsey should get the job on 22:57 - Mar 8 with 1963 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ramsey should get the job on 22:45 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

The manager hasn't the guts to have a go at the player.

The fans are perfectly entitled to have a go at Rio, the fans never wanted him for obvious reasons and have been proved right.

How the hell do you know he doesn't have the guts to have a go at him? Are you there at training or after the match?

Yeah, the fans are entitled to have ago at the player, I didn't want him either. For all I know Chris Ramsey didn't want him, he didn't sign him and he didn't select him until Dunne was unavailable.

But you are suggesting that the manager is at fault for asking fans to get behind our players. That is a ridiculous criticism.
Ramsey should get the job on 22:58 - Mar 8 with 1958 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 22:47 - Mar 8 by WallyRanger

And they should do if he's in the side, I know he's not as good as he used to be and hasn't made a great start but if in the side then why not try and encourage him? I know it's a bit rich of me to say as I find myself getting pissed off at players but surely encouragement helps a lot more than slagging a player off? And what do you think CR should've said? You think he should've said "yeah, I agree with the fans, he's sh1te" publicly and potentially lose the dressing room? I'm sure he'd actually be telling Rio what he thinks to Rio rather than through the press y'know?
Bit hard to be critical of CR tbh, you only had to look at our bench to see the problem, too many injuries, we were unlucky to lose yesterday, any other day we'd have had some of our shots go in off the bar rather than go back out tbh

Chris should have said, I understand the fans frustration Rio hasn't been playing well, he knows he needs to improve his level of performance to help this club stay in the Premier League.

You don't slag off fans who have endured yet another defeat due to stupid errors.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey should get the job on 23:01 - Mar 8 with 1959 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 22:58 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

Chris should have said, I understand the fans frustration Rio hasn't been playing well, he knows he needs to improve his level of performance to help this club stay in the Premier League.

You don't slag off fans who have endured yet another defeat due to stupid errors.

Well if you're getting the impression that he's slagging off the fans just from urging encouragement for players that are in the squad then you might need to stop trying so hard buddy (:
Ramsey should get the job on 23:03 - Mar 8 with 1957 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ramsey should get the job on 22:58 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

OK, that's a lot more reasonable.

But teams don't get relegated because the fans are unhappy, they do get relegated if team morale collapses. And I don't see that anything Ramsey has said amounts to "Slagging off" the fans.
Ramsey should get the job on 23:05 - Mar 8 with 1949 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 22:57 - Mar 8 by CiderwithRsie

How the hell do you know he doesn't have the guts to have a go at him? Are you there at training or after the match?

Yeah, the fans are entitled to have ago at the player, I didn't want him either. For all I know Chris Ramsey didn't want him, he didn't sign him and he didn't select him until Dunne was unavailable.

But you are suggesting that the manager is at fault for asking fans to get behind our players. That is a ridiculous criticism.

The fans are frustrated and angry at the club being in this position again. It cost a lot of money to watch QPR. It's galling to watch Rio Ferdinand making mistakes. He is on a jolly at QPR.

I bet he didn't take to kindly to the taunts, wouldn't surprise me if SWP also spat his dummy out after the game. Barton probably still believes that he shouldn't of been sent off against Hull.

Rule number 1 Ramsey, don't slag off the fans - especially when you are losing games.
Ramsey should get the job on 23:09 - Mar 8 with 1949 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 23:05 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

The fans are frustrated and angry at the club being in this position again. It cost a lot of money to watch QPR. It's galling to watch Rio Ferdinand making mistakes. He is on a jolly at QPR.

I bet he didn't take to kindly to the taunts, wouldn't surprise me if SWP also spat his dummy out after the game. Barton probably still believes that he shouldn't of been sent off against Hull.

Rule number 1 Ramsey, don't slag off the fans - especially when you are losing games.

"Rule number 1 Ramsey, don't slag off the fans - especially when you are losing games."

srsly stop, you're embarrassing yourself now
Ramsey should get the job on 23:11 - Mar 8 with 1946 viewsCamberleyR

Rule number 2 - It's have or 've not of

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsey should get the job on 23:15 - Mar 8 with 1932 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey should get the job on 23:09 - Mar 8 by WallyRanger

"Rule number 1 Ramsey, don't slag off the fans - especially when you are losing games."

srsly stop, you're embarrassing yourself now

Battered women's syndrome alert!!!

You are perfectly happy with the manager slagging off the fans, you really don't have a high opinion of our club, do you?
Ramsey should get the job on 23:17 - Mar 8 with 1931 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 23:15 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

Battered women's syndrome alert!!!

You are perfectly happy with the manager slagging off the fans, you really don't have a high opinion of our club, do you?

you really are trying too hard, aren't you? Bless xD
Ramsey should get the job on 23:21 - Mar 8 with 1930 viewsPunteR

I'd like to see Ramsey and Ferdinand stay at our club for a long time wether as a coach or manager,I think Ramsey can bring the stability and a football philosophy that we need. Maybe being manager is not his best role(to early to say)but having a guy like that around is a good thing as far as I can see. He is a good coach.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey should get the job on 23:25 - Mar 8 with 1923 viewsSpiritofGregory

It strikes me that some of our fans don't have a high opinion of our club. The chairman makes one ridiculous decision after another yet the fans back him 'because we are lucky to have him'. Now it's ok for Timmy's former number 2 who has managed us for 5 games to have a go at the fans.

No wonder players treat us with contempt.
Ramsey should get the job on 23:40 - Mar 8 with 1915 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey should get the job on 23:25 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

It strikes me that some of our fans don't have a high opinion of our club. The chairman makes one ridiculous decision after another yet the fans back him 'because we are lucky to have him'. Now it's ok for Timmy's former number 2 who has managed us for 5 games to have a go at the fans.

Are you going to be this incessantly shrill all week, on every thread? May actually take a break from my own fcking message board if so.
Ramsey should get the job on 23:44 - Mar 8 with 1912 viewsWallyRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 23:25 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

Brilliant! I'd stay off the medication more if I were you, fella
Ramsey should get the job on 23:57 - Mar 8 with 1906 viewsPunteR

Ramsey should get the job on 23:40 - Mar 8 by Northernr

Are you going to be this incessantly shrill all week, on every thread? May actually take a break from my own fcking message board if so.

Never done it before,intentionally,but soggy is going in the ignore bin for a bit.
Sounds like my missus incessant nagging about decorating the house or summink..
Give it a rest will ya...
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 0:02]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey should get the job on 01:44 - Mar 9 with 1876 viewsBklynRanger

Ramsey should get the job on 21:10 - Mar 8 by SpiritofGregory

Might be too difficult to get Clement, we'll only stand a chance if we stay up. Newcastle are already interested, he won't lack suitors. We don't yet know our fate, if relegated which makes planning for the future difficult.

He's quoted today as being prepared to accept a Championship team. It's on that other thread.

I don't think it was sensible of TF to talk about the job being Ramsey's to loose. Giving him till the end of the season and seeing how it goes is more than fair.

But of course if we're looking for TF to act sensibly we'll be waiting a long time. I think part of our issue is cultural and even class differences when it comes to TF. He's a Malaysian bloke who was in a position to be handed an Airline by the govt. After that it's hard not to walk through life thinking you're a lucky unicorn to everyone who has the privilege to cross paths with you. I'm not saying he hasn't worked hard when he had to. Anyway.
Ramsey should get the job on 02:53 - Mar 9 with 1865 viewsFloridaR

I'm for him even with his redknapp 4-4-2 but if he goes 10 games without a win then its obvious that we need to have someone else in the Summer months.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Ramsey should get the job on 08:11 - Mar 9 with 1815 viewsBedfordR

SoG - I assume your only aim on this message board is to wind people up, however...

Ramsey didn't have a go at our fans. Not once. He has suggested that Rio Ferdinand and his overall game may be helped more by our fans encouraging him rather than singing that he ought to retire. I think he is probably 100% spot on, don't you?!

I'm not sure when our fan base became this spoilt mess that it currently is. Yes we've been treated to some sh!t over the past few years, and yes we have had to endure some awful players just turning up for the money, but surely that would make us appreciate when we have a team of players that are at least trying, even if they aren't good enough.

One thing that I don't think you can say about Rio is that he lacks any effort. Same for most of our current squad imo, except for maybe Niko.

On the original topic, I don't know if Ramsey is the right person for the job, but there has been an improvement in matches against some very good sides, and if that improvement continues against the lesser teams in our games to come then I think he may well prove to be the right choice.
Ramsey should get the job on 08:15 - Mar 9 with 1810 viewsDiscodroids

perfectly reasonable op, however , the charges of fickle fans can only be applied to those of us who supported Ramseys appointment.

if the ian duncan smith of the premier was your choice above all others and now your bleating like paul o gradys poodle ,then the charges of fickle are probably doing you some credit.

if like me you thought it was a cheap option to install a puppet manager to take the fall for tony f's outstanding run of piss poor decision making, then you have every right to voice an opinion without people reacting on here as if you called their mother a whore who mates out of season with stray dogs , before leaving the message board with a single shell loaded shotgun in their hand and a total abscence of kendall mint cake.

the maharishi wins one game and then we seem to have a cross between doctor martin luther king and luis cesar monetti on our hands according to some of the accolades and garlands being thrown at his devine feet .

'decent', 'dignity' and even 'ethical' are some of the words used to describe our great koreshness On lfw, but his results have been more predictable the florence from florence and the machine yodeling like lord baden powell at a camp fire flanked by young boys in shorts.

all this is only a problem if you think relegation is a matter of concern , because in this blokes healing hands, the only things he's going to save are the LFW sick and infirm, not our premiership survival.

S.O.G you keep it up lad, if i wanted a message board with no counter opinions id set one up in a small village in Midwich, california Who have recently had an explosion of white haired blue eyed super intelligent babies born to virgin mothers.

after yet another humiliating season in this premier league with six wins in 7 months in all competitions , with the tapeworm on top of the white dog turd baking in the hot sun to cap it all off , the glorious sight of bobby zamora as captain .

QPR should be running out to this ,Blaring over the tannoy

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 8:41]

A Number One.

Ramsey should get the job on 09:30 - Mar 9 with 1776 viewspaulparker

Ramsey should get the job on 08:15 - Mar 9 by Discodroids

perfectly reasonable op, however , the charges of fickle fans can only be applied to those of us who supported Ramseys appointment.

if the ian duncan smith of the premier was your choice above all others and now your bleating like paul o gradys poodle ,then the charges of fickle are probably doing you some credit.

if like me you thought it was a cheap option to install a puppet manager to take the fall for tony f's outstanding run of piss poor decision making, then you have every right to voice an opinion without people reacting on here as if you called their mother a whore who mates out of season with stray dogs , before leaving the message board with a single shell loaded shotgun in their hand and a total abscence of kendall mint cake.

the maharishi wins one game and then we seem to have a cross between doctor martin luther king and luis cesar monetti on our hands according to some of the accolades and garlands being thrown at his devine feet .

'decent', 'dignity' and even 'ethical' are some of the words used to describe our great koreshness On lfw, but his results have been more predictable the florence from florence and the machine yodeling like lord baden powell at a camp fire flanked by young boys in shorts.

all this is only a problem if you think relegation is a matter of concern , because in this blokes healing hands, the only things he's going to save are the LFW sick and infirm, not our premiership survival.

S.O.G you keep it up lad, if i wanted a message board with no counter opinions id set one up in a small village in Midwich, california Who have recently had an explosion of white haired blue eyed super intelligent babies born to virgin mothers.

after yet another humiliating season in this premier league with six wins in 7 months in all competitions , with the tapeworm on top of the white dog turd baking in the hot sun to cap it all off , the glorious sight of bobby zamora as captain .

QPR should be running out to this ,Blaring over the tannoy

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 8:41]

Here,Here

I can't believe those still saying we should give the job to Ramsey
I may have missed something here but we have won one game under him
For this great coach we have we are still playing 4-4-2 with the tactic of lumping it it to zamora
Groundbreaking stuff indeed
Yes Phillips has improved & yes it's good to see some young uns come on,but that's where it ends
We are still a mess at the back and still conceding stupid goals , we still look naive and fragile,
The worse thing we could of done was win at Sunderland as TF went all giddy like a school girl like the majority on here did over CR , the same people probably who waxed lyrical over Niko when he tore Barnsleys fullback a new one or those who thought BAE was one of our best ever LB's ,
I will accept Ramsey is better than the useless cnt we had before but so would a traffic cone be
Disco is right when he said that TF has made another dogs dinner of a PL season from dream managers to the youth coach in one day , it's laughable and yet again we the fan base have been sold a pup

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024