Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! 20:40 - Jun 27 with 24003 viewsSTEVE1

Gomis signed on official site

This post has been edited by an administrator
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:37 - Jun 27 with 2537 viewsoldcob

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:33 - Jun 27 by nyc_swans

brilliant. especially getting this done nice and early.

i wonder how this (and the fabianski signing) will affect the transfer pot. they were both free transfers, but obviously will be on high wages. so, i wonder how much money will be left to spend?

Should get about £5million for Taylor and same for Ki if he doesn't stay. Michu maybe. I think there is another big signing there still.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 2501 viewsSwansNZ

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:37 - Jun 27 by oldcob

Should get about £5million for Taylor and same for Ki if he doesn't stay. Michu maybe. I think there is another big signing there still.

With all the new TV money, there is another big signing in there, without selling anyone.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:44 - Jun 27 with 2478 viewsCatullus

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:33 - Jun 27 by nyc_swans

brilliant. especially getting this done nice and early.

i wonder how this (and the fabianski signing) will affect the transfer pot. they were both free transfers, but obviously will be on high wages. so, i wonder how much money will be left to spend?

We'll what we've saved on transfer fees will help cover the wages, so hopefully there's still a fair bit of latitude. And if we sell anyone there'll be even more!
It's effing fantastic to have two "first choice" strikers.
Welcome Bafe, welcome to Swansea, enjoyo!!

Question for Warwick, why so negative?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:45 - Jun 27 with 2459 viewsWarwickHunt

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:44 - Jun 27 by Catullus

We'll what we've saved on transfer fees will help cover the wages, so hopefully there's still a fair bit of latitude. And if we sell anyone there'll be even more!
It's effing fantastic to have two "first choice" strikers.
Welcome Bafe, welcome to Swansea, enjoyo!!

Question for Warwick, why so negative?

Great signing.

Show me where I was negative.

I'll wait...
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:52 - Jun 27 with 2388 viewsHuw57

So happy we have Gomis!!!

I think we will go 4-4-2 diamond next season, with Gomis dropping off more than Bony!!

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

gomis signs on 21:54 - Jun 27 with 2377 viewsunion_jack

gomis signs on 21:36 - Jun 27 by tomdickharry

Been looking at the other half dozen Gomis threads,good experienced pro who no doubt will settle quickly to the hustle and bustle of the PL.

We were all getting worried!! Glad you found your way here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

gomis signs on 21:56 - Jun 27 with 2348 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

gomis signs on 21:02 - Jun 27 by treboethjack

So it's official, we've beaten off some big names to sign him. Sadly some still think we should be in league 1...

Or considering a 17th place finish a successful season

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

gomis signs on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 2328 viewsMagicDaps

gomis signs on 21:56 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Or considering a 17th place finish a successful season

Yet you seem to think that we should stick well clear of a manager like Garry Monk because he lacks ambition, has no contacts and is the cheap option? Have his signings been ambitious enough for you?

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Login to get fewer ads

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 2322 viewsCygnus

Told you it was a cert I could feel it in me water...
gomis signs on 22:00 - Jun 27 with 2312 viewsWarwickHunt

gomis signs on 21:59 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

Yet you seem to think that we should stick well clear of a manager like Garry Monk because he lacks ambition, has no contacts and is the cheap option? Have his signings been ambitious enough for you?

You honestly think Gomis was a Monk signing?

We've been after him for over a year, you plum.
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:03 - Jun 27 with 2283 viewsKennedy

This was a board signing. Yes of course they asked Garry and he said yep. But if we been chasing him for a year then ML agreed to it too.

Just call me JFK

gomis signs on 22:06 - Jun 27 with 2237 viewsSwansea93

gomis signs on 22:00 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

In the interview with Gomis he mentions he liked what the manager had to say, so Garry obviously gave him more reasons to sign for us.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

gomis signs on 22:07 - Jun 27 with 2229 viewsMagicDaps

gomis signs on 22:00 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

He's a signing that was made by Garry Monk. It's his job to bring players in, and he's going to have a large say in who comes in whether they've been scouted before or not. He should be credited and judged by who we sign.

Gomis has spoken about how he has been really impressed when speaking with Garry Monk in the last few days.

According to the likes of Dwight, having Garry Monk as manager would prevent high profile players like Fabianski and Gomis from coming here.

But Garry Monk deserves no credit for this signing?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2014 22:09]

gomis signs on 22:08 - Jun 27 with 2212 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

gomis signs on 21:59 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

I don't recall saying Garry Monk lacked ambition. I may have commented on his lack of contacts which I'll still stand by. It seems that being a big club (people who think we aren't are deluded) means contacts are not a huge bonus like they were in the lower leagues, with our club status attracting players by itself.

I also wouldn't call this a 'Garry Monk' signing. He was likely recommended by our scouting team seeing as we were trying to sign him 12 months ago too.

It is a very ambitious signing yes, an ambitious signing for an ambitious club whose majority of fans aren't very ambitious. We finished 12th last season I think, the very minimum target this season should be 11th.

I hope he will enjoy watching Wilf banging them in while sitting on the bench next season.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:11 - Jun 27 with 2194 viewsWarwickHunt

New signing praises manager, chairman, club and fans shocker!

F*ck me - that's a new one!
GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:12 - Jun 27 with 2186 viewsLeonisGod

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:03 - Jun 27 by Kennedy

This was a board signing. Yes of course they asked Garry and he said yep. But if we been chasing him for a year then ML agreed to it too.

In this whole pathetic 'Garry is shoite' versus 'Garry is great' debate, which I have zero interest in, the fact remains that we've signed him whilst Garry is the manager. So he hasn't put anyone off, which is what the original flouncing was all about. Which has to be good

Unless Befi turns out to be cr@p for us and then the knives will be well and truly out.
gomis signs on 22:12 - Jun 27 with 2173 viewsWarwickHunt

gomis signs on 22:06 - Jun 27 by Swansea93

In the interview with Gomis he mentions he liked what the manager had to say, so Garry obviously gave him more reasons to sign for us.

I have a Nigerian business associate who has an interesting business proposition for you. PM me your bank details.

Thanks.
gomis signs on 22:14 - Jun 27 with 2148 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Then Gomis is clearly a much more intelligent human being than Alan Tate when it comes to answering questions from the media.

gomis signs on 22:15 - Jun 27 with 2152 viewsMagicDaps

gomis signs on 22:08 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't recall saying Garry Monk lacked ambition. I may have commented on his lack of contacts which I'll still stand by. It seems that being a big club (people who think we aren't are deluded) means contacts are not a huge bonus like they were in the lower leagues, with our club status attracting players by itself.

I also wouldn't call this a 'Garry Monk' signing. He was likely recommended by our scouting team seeing as we were trying to sign him 12 months ago too.

It is a very ambitious signing yes, an ambitious signing for an ambitious club whose majority of fans aren't very ambitious. We finished 12th last season I think, the very minimum target this season should be 11th.

I hope he will enjoy watching Wilf banging them in while sitting on the bench next season.

You said the board lacked ambition by appointing Garry Monk.

I'm glad you've got around to the idea, that a managers contacts aren't a necessity for a club like us.

Garry has the final say in transfers, he isn't a scout, he doesn't need to identify the player to be credited with his signing. He needs to make sure we get the best possible squad, whether it means players we've already identified or by identifying alternatives and he's doing that job well.

Would you rather Alvaro or Shechter watch Wilf banging them in until the African Cup of Nations?

gomis signs on 22:20 - Jun 27 with 2105 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

gomis signs on 22:15 - Jun 27 by MagicDaps

You said the board lacked ambition by appointing Garry Monk.

I'm glad you've got around to the idea, that a managers contacts aren't a necessity for a club like us.

Garry has the final say in transfers, he isn't a scout, he doesn't need to identify the player to be credited with his signing. He needs to make sure we get the best possible squad, whether it means players we've already identified or by identifying alternatives and he's doing that job well.

Would you rather Alvaro or Shechter watch Wilf banging them in until the African Cup of Nations?

Yes I did say the board lacked ambition by appointing Garry Monk. A completely different statement than the one you accused me of saying in your previous post.

And yes I'm fully aware that Garry likely has the final say in transfers. I just wouldn't consider this a Garry Monk signing considering we've targeted this player before.

For example, I would consider Jonathon De Guzman a 'Michael Laudrup' signing in his first season at the club as he had worked with Laudrup previously and it was likely Laudrup who identified and pursued the DeGuzman signing.

gomis signs on 22:22 - Jun 27 with 2086 viewsSwansNZ

that was the Laudrup lookalike mun

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:23 - Jun 27 with 2075 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Gomis turns out to be dogsh*te you can bet your boots that Warwick and Dwight will be falling over themselves to pin his signing on Monk.

Poll: Tory leader

gomis signs on 22:27 - Jun 27 with 2031 viewsMagicDaps

gomis signs on 22:20 - Jun 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes I did say the board lacked ambition by appointing Garry Monk. A completely different statement than the one you accused me of saying in your previous post.

And yes I'm fully aware that Garry likely has the final say in transfers. I just wouldn't consider this a Garry Monk signing considering we've targeted this player before.

For example, I would consider Jonathon De Guzman a 'Michael Laudrup' signing in his first season at the club as he had worked with Laudrup previously and it was likely Laudrup who identified and pursued the DeGuzman signing.

I wouldn't say it is a completely different statement. How can the appointment of an ambitious manager be unambitious?

But he obviously clearly had a role to play in the transfer, by impressing Gomis and by approving the signing. He deserves credit.

I would give the credit of all transfers to the manager, who has the final say along with the board, who negotiated the deal.

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:29 - Jun 27 with 2011 viewsUxbridge

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:23 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

If Gomis turns out to be dogsh*te you can bet your boots that Warwick and Dwight will be falling over themselves to pin his signing on Monk.

Heh.

It was always a daft argument anyway. They'll always go with the money.

Here's hoping he's half decent anyway.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:29 - Jun 27 with 2009 viewsWarwickHunt

GOMIS F'n Signs!!! on 22:23 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

Why? We all know it's a Jenkins signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024