Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin!! how in god's name 12:56 - Sep 22 with 10342 viewssevenhoop

does anyone play any of: Henry, Carroll, O'Neill, Jenas, in front of him. he turned in one of the best r's performances of the season at home v Sheff Wednesday, gets injured, plays in a crap team performance in the League Cup, then gets bombed out and these play ahead of him?!

how? Why? These blokes are imposters compared with what he gives, commitment, work-rate, total involvement and, above all, drive. He drives play on. These others don't. It is completely nonsensical.

The last two centre midfield performances (Barton on Wednesday excepted) have all been woeful, yesterday simply abysmal.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 15:04]
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 22:23 - Sep 23 with 2242 viewsingeminate

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:33 - Sep 23 by WeaverQPR

Loaned out in Jan and contract not renewed in the summer is my guess.
Its abit like when Mackie left people seemed to think it was the worst decision and Redknapp was clueless, Mackie was QPR etc etc. Well life after Mackie aint been to shabby.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 18:36]

It would be tough to argue since mackie left we have improved going forward? Not really sure what your point is?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 07:07 - Sep 24 with 2184 viewsWeaverQPR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 22:23 - Sep 23 by ingeminate

It would be tough to argue since mackie left we have improved going forward? Not really sure what your point is?

We may have lost some directness in our play, but results suggest he is not being missed.

@WeavQPR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:54 - Sep 24 with 2140 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 07:07 - Sep 24 by WeaverQPR

We may have lost some directness in our play, but results suggest he is not being missed.

Interesting if people think Mackies not missed, presumably because we have achieved a run of 8 games without defeat and kept 6 clean sheets.
Harry and Steve have given priority to getting the defence sorted, which is exactly what was required, in the process we have become very hard to score against and a good defensive unit.

If we are going to be a successful attacking team we need to move to another level and start playing a different style. We have to be more creative from midfield and give a lot more support to Austin, who is a good striker being starved of support for various reasons. The recent injuries to Hoilett, and Johnson have not helped, we are waiting for Philips to gain full fitness and the same goes for Krancjar.
The game against Brighton highlighted some of our failings, they came for a point and we didn't have any way of breaking them down and if luck had gone against us they could have nicked all three points.

Theres no doubt we are a work in progress because of all the new players and Im sure our style of play will improve as the season progresses. If we are going to beat the teams in the top half we will have to match their workrate and tempo all over the pitch and we will need our best attacking players to perform with a "Mackie" style workrate.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:06 - Sep 24 with 2124 viewsQPunkR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:54 - Sep 24 by Blue_Castello

Interesting if people think Mackies not missed, presumably because we have achieved a run of 8 games without defeat and kept 6 clean sheets.
Harry and Steve have given priority to getting the defence sorted, which is exactly what was required, in the process we have become very hard to score against and a good defensive unit.

If we are going to be a successful attacking team we need to move to another level and start playing a different style. We have to be more creative from midfield and give a lot more support to Austin, who is a good striker being starved of support for various reasons. The recent injuries to Hoilett, and Johnson have not helped, we are waiting for Philips to gain full fitness and the same goes for Krancjar.
The game against Brighton highlighted some of our failings, they came for a point and we didn't have any way of breaking them down and if luck had gone against us they could have nicked all three points.

Theres no doubt we are a work in progress because of all the new players and Im sure our style of play will improve as the season progresses. If we are going to beat the teams in the top half we will have to match their workrate and tempo all over the pitch and we will need our best attacking players to perform with a "Mackie" style workrate.

Yep, damn straight.
Us being on this unbeaten run has far more to do with the defence than the attack; ergo it has a lot more to do with getting Dunne in than getting rid of Mackie. We may yet see a knock-on result of letting Mackie go, especially as none of our wingers and only 1/3 of our strikers can actually stay fit

QPR - "shit but local"

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:08 - Sep 24 with 2124 viewsisawqpratwcity

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:54 - Sep 24 by Blue_Castello

Mackie's not missed, because he wouldn't be getting a game.

And it wasn't a 'bad decision', because he asked to go.

I'm sorry he went, but that's just the way it is.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:25 - Sep 24 with 2112 viewsWeaverQPR

If Mackie can recreate the form of 10/11 then im pleased for him, but i can't help thinking alot of players peaked that season. Taarabt,Kenny,Helguson,Faurlin all had exceptional years and not one of them has hit the same level of performance since.
Mackie was an unknown quantity in 10/11, now everybody knows what he offers.

@WeavQPR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:44 - Sep 24 with 2092 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:08 - Sep 24 by isawqpratwcity

Mackie's not missed, because he wouldn't be getting a game.

And it wasn't a 'bad decision', because he asked to go.

I'm sorry he went, but that's just the way it is.

Don't get me wrong, Im not mourning the loss of Mackie even though I thought it was a strange decision at the time, lets face it we are still picking Wright-Philips every other game and hes most useful at running into brick walls.

We have moved on, signed some good players, got a good mix in the squad, need a couple of fit strikers or at least one and then we need to play a more expansive style to beat the top teams, coupled with a "Mackie" styleeeeee workrate. that's all......

Expansive style = including a certain Ali Faurlin, who may or may not recover his form but we wont know unless we give him a chance......
PS..it looks like from Clives match report he also doesn't want to give up on Faurlin.....
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 12:48]
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:52 - Sep 24 with 2081 viewsDANRANGER

We will improve. The players in the squad who you would expect to create chances are all still below 100% so I expect this to be the midfield/attack when all firing :

Barton/Henry
Phillips Kranjcar Hoilett
Austin

I can see Faurlin from 2 years ago fitting in this formation perfectly but HR is clearly not seeing the same and maybe the fact that Henry is effective (if unspectacular) it's an easy decision. However would have preferred Ale over Jenas but we got another win so not complaining.

I'd like to see Ale get a chance as he does possess the passing ability to get the wingers and either Carroll/Kranjcar on the ball quicker, which should then make us more effective as teams sit in against us especially at home so the need to move the ball quickly is paramount.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 13:09 - Sep 24 with 2065 viewsBlackCrowe

Even if we were halfway down the table now, I wouldn't be ruing Jamie's departure.

I loved his heart, spirit and non-stop chasing down of lost causes but despite some crucial goals and one very good season, I never really rated his ability nearly as much as his character. You can't have one without a fair portion of the other IMO and be indispensable.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 13:28 - Sep 24 with 2042 viewsPommyhoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 13:09 - Sep 24 by BlackCrowe

Even if we were halfway down the table now, I wouldn't be ruing Jamie's departure.

I loved his heart, spirit and non-stop chasing down of lost causes but despite some crucial goals and one very good season, I never really rated his ability nearly as much as his character. You can't have one without a fair portion of the other IMO and be indispensable.

Bang on .Nicely put. I would be more direct and say the heart of a lion and the feet of a donkey.Thanks Jaime but not missed one bit for me.To compare his situation with Faurlin is laughable.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 16:46 - Sep 24 with 2009 viewsDylanP

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 13:28 - Sep 24 by Pommyhoop

Bang on .Nicely put. I would be more direct and say the heart of a lion and the feet of a donkey.Thanks Jaime but not missed one bit for me.To compare his situation with Faurlin is laughable.

Our defense is awesome right now. That starts in midfield and goes throught he back four to the goalie. As a unit, they are strong as rock.

But what has that got to do with Mackie? Mackie is a striker. Losing him is a problem, because we have not been able to get a replacement. Remember his performances off the bench and his goals against Liverpool, etc. Right now the only striker we have to bring off the bench is Hitchcock. Mackie has scored for Notts Forest, who are playing the same sorts of teams and are around the same level as us. Therefore losing him is a problem. You could say that he didn't want to stay. That may be true and it may/may not be true that 'arry had no choice but to let him go. However, you can't say that he isn't missed. We are one foul or one red card away from having no senior strikers on the books that are fit to play.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 17:06 - Sep 24 with 1989 viewstoboboly

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 07:07 - Sep 24 by WeaverQPR

I think the goals scored column would dispute your comment.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 17:37 - Sep 24 with 1976 viewsdolcelatte

Yeah I suppose his 2 goals in 30 appearances last year would have meant he'd have been due one at some point during the season.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:10 - Sep 24 with 1966 viewsDylanP

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 17:37 - Sep 24 by dolcelatte

Yeah I suppose his 2 goals in 30 appearances last year would have meant he'd have been due one at some point during the season.

Yeah and SWP had 1 goal and 1 assist last year and Hoilett had 2 goals and 2 assists during the same season (Mackie had 2 goals and 3 assists). And Hoilett and SWP started a lot more games than Mackie. In 5 games for Forest, Mackie has already matched SWP's goal tally in 60 games for us!

I'm not saying that Mackie is some kind of goal machine. I am just saying that you can't say we don't miss Mackie, when we are in the position we are currently in regarding strikers.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 18:32]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:39 - Sep 24 with 1957 viewsbeeeater

Its Buzz I miss not Faurlin . Always thought him over rated and seems Harry thinks the same.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 20:03 - Sep 24 with 1918 viewsShotKneesHoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 17:37 - Sep 24 by dolcelatte

Many of Mackie's appearance were as a last minute sub last year.

And SWP's one goal in 100 appearance is more valuable?

R's Swipe next goal will be when we're in the Champions League.

Dream on.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 20:25 - Sep 24 with 1907 viewsingeminate

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:25 - Sep 24 by WeaverQPR

If Mackie can recreate the form of 10/11 then im pleased for him, but i can't help thinking alot of players peaked that season. Taarabt,Kenny,Helguson,Faurlin all had exceptional years and not one of them has hit the same level of performance since.
Mackie was an unknown quantity in 10/11, now everybody knows what he offers.

A lot of what you say is right, it is just the link you make is nonsensical.

Mackie left, he played on the wing or up front. Since he left we have one of the worst goals for in the league. Your conclusion - we are top of the league so have not missed mackie. Well it's just a bit dotty.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:35 - Sep 28 with 1834 viewssevenhoop

Not much to say except bump this to the top. Exceptional, considering his lack of previous game time. He adds so much!
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:09 - Sep 28 with 1761 viewsTacticalR

He seems to relax the other players. He's always there for a short one-two.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 22:20 - Sep 28 with 1669 viewsShotKneesHoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:02 - Sep 22 by ShotKneesHoop

Faulin sitting on the bench presents more of a threat to the opposition than R's' Wipe on the pitch.

I do not understand why R's Wipe is allowed to sit on the same bus as Faulin.

Unless of course there is a brown envelope involved, .... which of course.... there is.

As Joh Lennon said: "All we are saying is, is give Ale a chance".

Thank you John Lennon.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024