Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin!! how in god's name 12:56 - Sep 22 with 10341 viewssevenhoop

does anyone play any of: Henry, Carroll, O'Neill, Jenas, in front of him. he turned in one of the best r's performances of the season at home v Sheff Wednesday, gets injured, plays in a crap team performance in the League Cup, then gets bombed out and these play ahead of him?!

how? Why? These blokes are imposters compared with what he gives, commitment, work-rate, total involvement and, above all, drive. He drives play on. These others don't. It is completely nonsensical.

The last two centre midfield performances (Barton on Wednesday excepted) have all been woeful, yesterday simply abysmal.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 15:04]
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:53 - Sep 23 with 2273 viewssevenhoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:31 - Sep 23 by nadera78

This midfield of ours works hard and covers a lot of ground but contains no-one who can pass a bloody football. It's a waste of time TF talking about 2 new strikers and how that's going to lead to a stack of goals, the problem is the complete lack of attacking intent and ability from the midfield.

O'Neill works his knackers off but couldn't create anything if he played for the rest of his life.
SWP is the same as O'Neill.
Henry sits deep and fills in space in front of the back four, but offers nothing else.
Barton does a little bit of everything but is isolated with no real passing options around him.
Jenas does nothing at all. Mr invisible.
Carroll is so out of his depth it's untrue. Weak on and off the ball, and when he picks it up he always plays it into pre-designated areas; 'If I get it here, I must put it there'.
Hoilett is dangerous running at defenders but rarely passes or crosses, preferring to cut in and shoot.
Phillips we haven't seen much of really, but seems similar to Hoilett.

Going through that list there is no-one who can put his foot on the ball and keep the team ticking over or create anything for other people. That's why we're short of goals. That's exactly the sort of game Faurlin plays. He was at the heart of everything when we won the Championship and our first six months in the PL. Yes, he needs game time but it's criminal to see him sitting on the bench while we struggle to play football and eke out 1-0's.

abso-bloody-lutley (except that O'Neill, in beating someone and pusig forward, gave the ball to Ausin, leading to the pen).

I could critique all of the players, but mainly have the same conclusions as you on all of them. Suffice to say that none of them (except Barton) are fit to lace ("rainblow" or not)Faurlin's boots
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:03 - Sep 23 with 2262 viewsimustbemad

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:53 - Sep 23 by sevenhoop

abso-bloody-lutley (except that O'Neill, in beating someone and pusig forward, gave the ball to Ausin, leading to the pen).

I could critique all of the players, but mainly have the same conclusions as you on all of them. Suffice to say that none of them (except Barton) are fit to lace ("rainblow" or not)Faurlin's boots

Big Faurlin fan but he is not the same player he was prior to the ACL injury and more importantly we no longer have Adel in the same team. Playing with AT meant there was much more time and space avaialble to play the ball plus there was not such a demand on him from a defensive persective. Would pick him above Jenas any day of the week but his time at the cluc is surely coming to an end
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:03 - Sep 23 with 2259 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 05:26 - Sep 23 by Loft1979

I could comment next a dozen of the posts here. All are intelligent and insightfull.
I too love Faurlin. BUT before we say HR hates him remember HR WANTED him at Spurs.
-Also before we start this too many midfielders thing....We play 4-5 midfielders...so how many is too many? If we have too many why edoes HR get TWO more?
-REBUTTAL: This post is about Faurlin: He is the 3rd best defensive midfielder after Henry and JB. But JB is the best center and right midfielder. So Ale really is Henry's cover.
-It's early yet Faurlin will play. He was realy bad last year, better this year. My insight is he is proving his fitness.
-Tom Carroll came in like Fabio and Macheda. Not really made a fast start has he? Jenas...not really impressed either.

-conclusion?: Ale's passing ability will eventually see him get back into the team once his fitness and timing are back. Nobody on this team can pass like Ale...No one.

Good post - What I dont agree with is that Henry is a better DM than Faurlin, some people think Faurlin doesn't tackle but that is a myth, he totally outplayed Henry in the Sheffield Wednesday game. OK I missed the Swindon game where he was shit but the whole team was crap and that's not a good enough reason to drop him.
I have been watching Henry closely at home games and he makes very few tackles these days, hes not the player he once was at Wolves, big reason why Kenny Jackett got shot of him, hes a good judge of players.

We somehow got all three points at Yeovil with by all reports a non existant midfield but a back 5 who work there socks off and know what they are doing, that includes Simpson by the way hes a far better player than hes given credit.
What upsets people is thinking that Faurlin cant get a game at the expense of the lightweight Carroll and the invisible man Jenarse, OK he had a bit better game on Saturday but that's not bloody difficult.
Why Harry couldn't have looked at other clubs players apart from Spuds is beyond me, Carroll may be an under 21 international but that' doesn't automatically mean he can play in the Championship. Notts Forest have picked up the best option, Chalobah from Chelsea, played well at Watford last year and would hit the ground running.

Maybe its Blind Love with Faurlin I dont know for sure that what makes the message board an interesting forum. What I do know is we are bloody lucky to have recovered from the last two seasons disasters, which is down to the management team, I was one of the ones who thought we had the potential to do a Wolves.
When we compare our lot to some of the other teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP we are VERY lucky to have our owners and be able to even discuss the merits of some of the good players we have on our books. I always keep my feet on the ground by remembering Bob Malcolm, Stefan Moore, Zesh Rehman need I go on, that wasn't that long ago.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:24 - Sep 23 with 2238 viewssevenhoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:50 - Sep 23 by RblockPrior

Hurts me to say it but O'neill Barton, Henry are class above Faurlin, I thought Faurlin played well first game of the season and was so pleased to see him in the team but he was shocking in the league cup game which Harry has used against him. I really do hope he gets another chance although I can see the reasons on why he hasnt been getting a game recently! Ale will always be a fav of mine no matter what

Henry?! are you sure?! He is so slow to distirbute the ball, it is not true and invariably plays it to somene in a worse position than him. He is a complete liability. Poor Faurlin, one great game, played not grerat (but hwo else did?)in a meaningless cup tie and you write him off. Ridiculous.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:57 - Sep 23 with 2219 viewsRblockPrior

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:24 - Sep 23 by sevenhoop

Henry?! are you sure?! He is so slow to distirbute the ball, it is not true and invariably plays it to somene in a worse position than him. He is a complete liability. Poor Faurlin, one great game, played not grerat (but hwo else did?)in a meaningless cup tie and you write him off. Ridiculous.

whos writing him off? and am i sure on Henry, yes positive! he has protected the back four well when played and has done a job whenever it has been asked of him. He is not the type of player to do anything fancy and beat five players scoring from 40 yards. But he has been vital in breaking play up and starting the attack

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:59 - Sep 23 with 2212 viewsnadera78

As Ian Holloway might have put it - we've got lots of piano movers but no piano player.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:12 - Sep 23 with 2181 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:57 - Sep 23 by RblockPrior

whos writing him off? and am i sure on Henry, yes positive! he has protected the back four well when played and has done a job whenever it has been asked of him. He is not the type of player to do anything fancy and beat five players scoring from 40 yards. But he has been vital in breaking play up and starting the attack

Its all about opinions good eh - Theres no disputing Henry has done a job when he has played BUT he doesn't make many tackles any more, hes slow and his distribution of the ball is questionable.

Henrys done a job but we need to move to the next level and that's Faurlin, he will tackle just as much if not more than Henry, theres no difference in there pace and his ball distribution is a different class.

As Nadera says we desperately need a "piano player" if we are going to improve and that is a must going forward, weve only played bottom half teams so far and the tough games are yet to come.

We have been fortunate with the fixture list, lets use it to our adavantage and start to play a more expansive game rather than a defensive first game.....
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:19 - Sep 23 with 2172 viewsRblockPrior

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:12 - Sep 23 by Blue_Castello

Its all about opinions good eh - Theres no disputing Henry has done a job when he has played BUT he doesn't make many tackles any more, hes slow and his distribution of the ball is questionable.

Henrys done a job but we need to move to the next level and that's Faurlin, he will tackle just as much if not more than Henry, theres no difference in there pace and his ball distribution is a different class.

As Nadera says we desperately need a "piano player" if we are going to improve and that is a must going forward, weve only played bottom half teams so far and the tough games are yet to come.

We have been fortunate with the fixture list, lets use it to our adavantage and start to play a more expansive game rather than a defensive first game.....

I would love Faurlin to come in and do a great job I really would I just cant see that happening, the main reason being that Harry wont give him that chance. I dont think he would do as good a job at breaking the play up as henry but he would spray the ball around better but imo harry wants that done by Barton with Henry just doing the dirty stuff

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 2154 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 10:59 - Sep 23 by nadera78

As Ian Holloway might have put it - we've got lots of piano movers but no piano player.

Well, as you indicate, we have got a piano player, he's called Ale Faurlin. Problem is 'Arry isn't letting him near the piano and without any practice he's going to get rusty, thus worsening his skills, justifying 'Arry keeping him away from the piano and helping create this myth that he can no longer play the damn thing.

It's a catch 22. No one really knows whether he can get back to his best because he's not being given a chance. What I don't get is why he's not being given a chance over Tom Carroll, someone else's youngster, or Jenas, not young and not very good on a short contract.

There must be something more to this and I think it's 'Arry simply not wanting to do what a 'non football' person like TF has said he should do. It's just selfish stubbornness.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:43 - Sep 23 with 2145 viewsadhoc_qpr

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:12 - Sep 23 by Blue_Castello

"only played bottom half teams."

Leeds, Bolton, Brighton and Birmingham all finished top half last season though.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:28 - Sep 23 with 2112 viewsJonDoeman

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:33 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Well, as you indicate, we have got a piano player, he's called Ale Faurlin. Problem is 'Arry isn't letting him near the piano and without any practice he's going to get rusty, thus worsening his skills, justifying 'Arry keeping him away from the piano and helping create this myth that he can no longer play the damn thing.

It's a catch 22. No one really knows whether he can get back to his best because he's not being given a chance. What I don't get is why he's not being given a chance over Tom Carroll, someone else's youngster, or Jenas, not young and not very good on a short contract.

There must be something more to this and I think it's 'Arry simply not wanting to do what a 'non football' person like TF has said he should do. It's just selfish stubbornness.

More nonsense, it can't just be for footballing reasons can it..!!
He put him on at Leeds instead of Jenas didn't he?

It Is What It Is !!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:47 - Sep 23 with 2083 viewsingeminate

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:28 - Sep 23 by JonDoeman

I'd say it is both.

Faurlin has not really grabbed his chance so far this season, his performances have overall been average.

Then again Harry could have given him more of a go - esp in tandem with Barton - a combination we know works.

I think if we are looking at potential then a team with Faurlin firing has a greater chance of getting promotoed than Henry on all cylinders - because of that I would like to see him given a run of games - 4 or 5 on the trot with Barton.

If after that he's not up to scratch then it's probably curtains for him here at rangers and he'll be sold/loaned in Jan.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 13:06 - Sep 23 with 2054 viewsCharlie1

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 11:33 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Objective Number 1 was and still is, do not do a Wolves.

To do this, which has been painful at times to watch, has been to get a solid team and stop conceding which we've done.

Ale hasn't helped himself when he's played. He was good against Shef Weds but he also conceded possession and the cup game..... This leagues is at times about 'work manlike' performances.

I think once Niko is fit and starting behind Austin, we will see Ale play again. I think for now, HR just wanted to get some belief and self confidence back and to do that, he's gone for solid and no risks. I think Ale presents a bit of a risk now.

I'd send him on loan to get playing week in week out and look to get him back playing from December.

I certainly don't get the Carroll choice though.

2:59 baby!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 14:05 - Sep 23 with 2017 viewscorse

for what i saw faurlin before and after the loan period i dont wonder why he has gone down the pecking order. two semi good games in a year hardly justifies the place in opening XI or even at bench.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:12 - Sep 23 with 1958 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 12:28 - Sep 23 by JonDoeman

Not nonsense. Just a different opinion to yourself. It's allowed. And I did put some reasoning behind it.

You can be a phenomenally arrogant so and so at times. I'm not sure why you want to get up people's noses. It's a bit strange.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:33 - Sep 23 with 1745 viewsWeaverQPR

Loaned out in Jan and contract not renewed in the summer is my guess.
Its abit like when Mackie left people seemed to think it was the worst decision and Redknapp was clueless, Mackie was QPR etc etc. Well life after Mackie aint been to shabby.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 18:36]

@WeavQPR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:53 - Sep 23 with 1720 viewsstansleftfoot

Ale Faurlin stats from 2011 made him one of the best, if not the best tackler in the Premiership above the vaunted Scott Parker.
That skill doesn't disappear, his tackling combined to his vision and distribution make him a great footballer.
There's no conspiracy here in relation to HR not liking him, or a battle of wills between TF and HR.
Ale Faurlin can't get his match fitness back without getting some games in, his mobility, his passing and his tackling are all better than Henry, he can't cover as much ground as Barton, so it can only be a matter of fitness and recovery. The concern is that given that Krancar gets conditioning in todays EDS game Ale Faurlin did not. So is he just waiting for a chance injury to get off the bench or just making up the numbers? He's been too good for that and Harry will know that, I think we are just waiting for the chance to get him on the pitch....I hope!
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:58 - Sep 23 with 1716 viewsMaggsinho

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:53 - Sep 23 by stansleftfoot

Ale Faurlin stats from 2011 made him one of the best, if not the best tackler in the Premiership above the vaunted Scott Parker.
That skill doesn't disappear, his tackling combined to his vision and distribution make him a great footballer.
There's no conspiracy here in relation to HR not liking him, or a battle of wills between TF and HR.
Ale Faurlin can't get his match fitness back without getting some games in, his mobility, his passing and his tackling are all better than Henry, he can't cover as much ground as Barton, so it can only be a matter of fitness and recovery. The concern is that given that Krancar gets conditioning in todays EDS game Ale Faurlin did not. So is he just waiting for a chance injury to get off the bench or just making up the numbers? He's been too good for that and Harry will know that, I think we are just waiting for the chance to get him on the pitch....I hope!

Faurlin played in the EDS match todat.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:11 - Sep 23 with 1706 viewsDylanP

There are a lot of posts on here stating their opinion that Henry, O'Neil and Barton are better than Faurlin. That may be true.

However, I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about Jenas. Ever. I can accept that Faurlin is behind Henry, O'Neil and Barton in the pecking order. I am finding it hard to understand why he is behind Jenas. Jenas simply doesn't add anything to the team, whereas Faurlin does.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:12 - Sep 23 with 1706 viewsstansleftfoot

My mistake, I think that's good news, maybe we will get to see him playing again soon!!
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:24 - Sep 23 with 1685 viewsJonDoeman

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:12 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Not nonsense. Just a different opinion to yourself. It's allowed. And I did put some reasoning behind it.

You can be a phenomenally arrogant so and so at times. I'm not sure why you want to get up people's noses. It's a bit strange.

I call it as I see it Hunter. And someone making up conspiracy theories, cos their fave player isn't getting picked, I see as nonsense. Sorry if I upset you .....I really am!
Have you ever considered that Harry, after giving him plenty of chances, simply thinks he has better options ?

It Is What It Is !!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:27 - Sep 23 with 1682 viewsJonDoeman

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:33 - Sep 23 by WeaverQPR

Loaned out in Jan and contract not renewed in the summer is my guess.
Its abit like when Mackie left people seemed to think it was the worst decision and Redknapp was clueless, Mackie was QPR etc etc. Well life after Mackie aint been to shabby.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 18:36]

Good post, I agree with all that.

It Is What It Is !!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:44 - Sep 23 with 1664 viewsShotKneesHoop

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:53 - Sep 22 by TacticalR

He should rename himself O'Faurlin. Then he'll be the right sort.

Or Wright-Faulin.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:46 - Sep 23 with 1663 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:27 - Sep 23 by JonDoeman

Good post, I agree with all that.

Well theres a lot of people who don't agree with that, as you can tell by reading the majority of the posts on this topic.

Lets just hope Faurlin will be given a chance to show what a class player he really is before being dumped on the scrapheap. As Ive said before IMO hes better than Henry, Jenas and Carroll and should be given the opportunity alongside Barton to show his skills and take us to the next level.

At the moment we are grinding out results without playing attractive football, that will come when we introduce some more flair into midfield and have attacking options up front with hopefully the return to fitness of Johnson, Hoillett, Phillips and Krancjar.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 20:05 - Sep 23 with 1648 viewsrunningman75

Faurlin was not good enough against Swindon, admittedly the team was shoite that night but Faurlin should have been dominating the midfield that night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024