Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford.... 19:30 - Dec 28 with 13844 viewsGloucs_R

Unbelievable.... This is how you run a club...

Ollie Watkins: £1.8m ➡️ £28m
Neal Maupay: £1.8m ➡️ £20m
Said Benrahma: £1.5m ➡️ £25m
Ezri Konsa: £2.5m ➡️ £12m
Chris Mepham: academy ➡️ £12.25m
Andre Gray: £550k ➡️ £11m
Scott Hogan: £850k ➡️ £9.5m
Jota: £1.35m ➡️ £5.85m
Ryan Woods: £1.2m ➡️ £4.5m

Unreal business #BrentfordFC https://t.co/k2V9pXj9gB

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brentford.... on 23:26 - Dec 30 with 2169 viewsHastings_Hoops

Brentford.... on 20:08 - Dec 30 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm loathe to keep blowing smoke up Brentford's arse but I have to agree with the OP. What's more impressive is the way they keep progressing despite selling their assets.

No need to blow smoke up their arses - it’s QPRs model from the 60s- early 90s which Brentfart are re-modelling with moderate success in comparison.
Brentford.... on 03:57 - Dec 31 with 2079 viewsDavieQPR

Yet another thread on 'wonderful' Brentford. Remind me of which Division they are in?
I'll give you the answer, they are still in the same Division as us and haven't been higher since the outbreak of WW2.
p.s. Benrahma is on loan at the moment
Brentford.... on 07:09 - Dec 31 with 2026 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 22:24 - Dec 30 by Dixie_CT

Surely this was just us in the 90’s? Sinton, Ferdinand, Impey, Seamen, Sinclair, Peacock & Parker, all signed for peanuts and sold for massive profit. We were the envy of many and although not based on research and data, we did seem to have a knack for it.

Don’t tell me Brentford and Fulham didn’t look at us like green eyed monsters whilst they played in front of smaller crowds in League 1 & 2.

We have been chronically mismanaged since relegation and Chris Wright taking over yet have still managed to win a few promotions and had a win at Wembley. It may take us another 20 years to overtake Brentford and Fulham, on and off the pitch, but football does work in cycles.

To be honest, Fulham’s sojourns into Europe and some truly epic results v Juventus and other giants will make me more jealous than Brentford being a successful business but not yet a successful football team.

Yes I certainly looked on with envy even years before that and used to see it for real when I went to games.Back then never dreamed we would ever be in the same division and regularly beating you.This is our time and our golden years and as a fan since the 60s and seen my club nearly go out of business a few times there is nothing not to enjoy.The championship maybe a big climb down for you after your years in the top flight and understand that but it’s brilliant for me after years in div 3 and 4.Our structure is nothing like yours of the 90s it’s unique if you look deeper than the headlines and it wouldn’t suit many clubs and let’s be honest it never suited your present manager although it was his only successful period.Let’s all hope we can all get back to watching games very soon as this isn’t much fun at the moment.
Brentford.... on 07:17 - Dec 31 with 2015 viewsdistortR

Brentford.... on 07:09 - Dec 31 by switchingcode

Yes I certainly looked on with envy even years before that and used to see it for real when I went to games.Back then never dreamed we would ever be in the same division and regularly beating you.This is our time and our golden years and as a fan since the 60s and seen my club nearly go out of business a few times there is nothing not to enjoy.The championship maybe a big climb down for you after your years in the top flight and understand that but it’s brilliant for me after years in div 3 and 4.Our structure is nothing like yours of the 90s it’s unique if you look deeper than the headlines and it wouldn’t suit many clubs and let’s be honest it never suited your present manager although it was his only successful period.Let’s all hope we can all get back to watching games very soon as this isn’t much fun at the moment.

ha ha, like your post but you couldn't resist having a little dig at MW, could you?!

Ah well, here's to us all being able to attend live football soon
Brentford.... on 08:12 - Dec 31 with 1984 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 07:17 - Dec 31 by distortR

ha ha, like your post but you couldn't resist having a little dig at MW, could you?!

Ah well, here's to us all being able to attend live football soon

I know I can’t help myself re Warbs loved his football while it lasted although he took over a good div 1 side from Rosler.Thought he was bigger than the club and went to the press to stab our owner in the back the same bloke he gave him a job in football when nobody heard of him.Those events nearly went to Matthew Benham calling it a day and god knows where we would be.
Brentford.... on 08:14 - Dec 31 with 1981 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 23:26 - Dec 30 by Hastings_Hoops

No need to blow smoke up their arses - it’s QPRs model from the 60s- early 90s which Brentfart are re-modelling with moderate success in comparison.

Nothing like it
Brentford.... on 08:17 - Dec 31 with 1976 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 09:26 - Dec 29 by nadera78

No, they haven't. Benham has put something like £100m into the club.

That's not meant to knock Brentford or Benham, far from it, I think he's done an amazing job there.

Think it’s nearer 110 mill something that is usually ignored but there is a new stadium amongst that figure that he will get back when the whole development is completed.
Brentford.... on 08:18 - Dec 31 with 1974 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 03:57 - Dec 31 by DavieQPR

Yet another thread on 'wonderful' Brentford. Remind me of which Division they are in?
I'll give you the answer, they are still in the same Division as us and haven't been higher since the outbreak of WW2.
p.s. Benrahma is on loan at the moment

Benrahma on loan and ?
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford.... on 08:33 - Dec 31 with 1944 viewsMedwayR

switchingcode - Out of curiosity, since Brentford shut their academy do they now have a load of spare capacity at the training ground? What's the situation, do they own/rent, are they staying put and keeping hold of land to futureproof or looking to downsize?

Poll: Who’s better?

Brentford.... on 08:55 - Dec 31 with 1931 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford.... on 08:33 - Dec 31 by MedwayR

switchingcode - Out of curiosity, since Brentford shut their academy do they now have a load of spare capacity at the training ground? What's the situation, do they own/rent, are they staying put and keeping hold of land to futureproof or looking to downsize?

The academy infrastructure was part of Greenway school in Uxbridge. I believe they handed it over to the school and Brunel university.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brentford.... on 10:09 - Dec 31 with 1857 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 08:33 - Dec 31 by MedwayR

They train at Jersey road Osterley and have developed the facilities over the last years and have just had approval to further develop the site.It’s where the B team plays their games.Pretty sure the site is leased.
Brentford.... on 10:11 - Dec 31 with 1850 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 08:55 - Dec 31 by Gloucs_R

The academy infrastructure was part of Greenway school in Uxbridge. I believe they handed it over to the school and Brunel university.

Correct
Brentford.... on 10:35 - Dec 31 with 1808 viewsMickS

Brentford.... on 10:11 - Dec 31 by switchingcode

Correct

It’s now Uxbridge High and the training centre is still fully Brentford badged up. It looks like it is a very impressive unit from the outside; it is certainly big enough. The building backs onto Brunel University which is not short of training facilities - they had the running track relayed for Usain Bolt, no less.
Brentford.... on 10:39 - Dec 31 with 1796 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford.... on 10:35 - Dec 31 by MickS

It’s now Uxbridge High and the training centre is still fully Brentford badged up. It looks like it is a very impressive unit from the outside; it is certainly big enough. The building backs onto Brunel University which is not short of training facilities - they had the running track relayed for Usain Bolt, no less.

Think it cost us over 4 mill
Brentford.... on 11:19 - Dec 31 with 1748 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fourth best team in the country (kind of). At least we're better than Palace.

https://experimental361.com/2020/12/30/2020-league-table/
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 11:20]
Brentford.... on 12:13 - Dec 31 with 1717 viewsNov77

Brentford.... on 11:19 - Dec 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

75th, joint with Bradford!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Brentford.... on 13:45 - Dec 31 with 1619 viewsrsonist

Figured Hodgson was being looked kindly upon but didn't realise it stacked up that bad for Palace.

Thought about suggesting Michael Duff at Cheltenham last week but closed the tab when I read about the intricacies of the system, architect of...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/michael-duff-brings-new-hope-by-doing-it-the-

“In terms of mentality, the way we work, it’s very much Burnley,” Duff says. Such as? “Just trying to de-bulls**t football. Sometimes players forget . . . they get agents, a nice car, they’re picking up half-decent dough, and all of a sudden they’ve forgotten the eight-year-old kid who just wanted to be a footballer. It’s just trying to simplify it: that’s what he’s the best at, in my opinion, Dychey. I learnt loads from him.

“But from the playing side, it’s probably more Steve Cotterill. I pick his brains more on the intricacies of the system. Because it’s a difficult system to play. But if you do it properly, at this level, it’s hard to play against. This is still League Two though. I like two centre forwards on the pitch. For all you want to play, you can still boot it down the pitch, flick it on, and run.”
Brentford.... on 13:52 - Dec 31 with 1607 viewsPommyhoop

My Nephew and Ollie Watkins are best mates.

They were together at Exeter Academy.
Just saying...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Brentford.... on 14:17 - Dec 31 with 1584 viewsdistortR

Brentford.... on 08:12 - Dec 31 by switchingcode

I know I can’t help myself re Warbs loved his football while it lasted although he took over a good div 1 side from Rosler.Thought he was bigger than the club and went to the press to stab our owner in the back the same bloke he gave him a job in football when nobody heard of him.Those events nearly went to Matthew Benham calling it a day and god knows where we would be.

More bearable, I imagine!
Brentford.... on 14:23 - Dec 31 with 1563 viewsNewBee

With Liverpool only drawing last night, it means Bees were out in front for the most wins in English football during calendar year 2020 with 24:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqgtQypXUAwufXS?format=jpg&name=small
Brentford.... on 14:28 - Dec 31 with 1559 viewsswitchingcode

So Sheffield United just beating Stevenage from the bottom spot 🙁load of bollox
Brentford.... on 14:32 - Dec 31 with 1551 viewsPommyhoop

Who da Fu*k are dose guys!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Brentford.... on 14:47 - Dec 31 with 1512 viewsNewBee

Brentford.... on 14:32 - Dec 31 by Pommyhoop

Who da Fu*k are dose guys!!

QPR's next No.9?
Brentford.... on 15:04 - Dec 31 with 1499 viewshantssi

At least there’s 3 Championship sides below us!
Brentford.... on 15:33 - Dec 31 with 1470 viewsswitchingcode

Rumours BoS to Brentford next week,Cant see where he would fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024