Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink 17:13 - Sep 10 with 9104 viewsDWQPR

I must admit that I am getting totally fed up with the negative tactics this bloke employs. Against a team that are rock bottom and let in 10 goals we spent the first 45 minutes just playing the ball around the back line with more balls going back to Smithies and Chery dropping deeper and deeper. The second half was marginally better but once we scored we dropped deep again inviting Blackburn onto us and they got what they deserved and quite frankly could have won it. Their goal came from a cleared cross from a corner and they got that opportunity because Haseelbaink insists on having all eleven players back, there is no relief from clearing corners, the ball comes straight back.

After the Leeds game, whereby we pressed all match and looked a very good side, today after two weeks rest we look half-hearted again. I really don't understand it. There is a very decent team in that squad somewhere, a very exciting team in there but they are being held back in my opinion.

Shodipo's performance for me was that of a MOTM and made a mockery of JFH decision to play Cousins there after the Cardiff game. This kid has got it, he can take defenders on and get in crosses and can see a pass. Sure he will have bad games but he gave us width today which we have been badly lacking. El Khayati on the other hand is very weak and is no more than a League One player. Washington for me is a very decent player and did well in the second half but I feel that Hasselbaink won't get the best out of him. At this time I want to see good attacking football, exciting football and scoring some great goals. Again today was from a set-piece, we must be creating some kind of record. If we are negative again against Newcastle we will get a good stuffing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hasselbaink on 23:39 - Sep 10 with 1658 viewsPunteR

Early days. Things are going in the right direction. From the absolute mess of Hughes and Rednapp and the transition from Ramsey to JFH.
I dont go to all the games and spend my hard earned cash and i didnt see the game today just listened to the coms but there's no way i'm gonna start getting on Jimmy 's back just yet. Its counter productive. Its still a new team trying to find its feet imo.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink on 23:50 - Sep 10 with 1638 viewsloftinoz

Hasselbaink on 18:51 - Sep 10 by WilloW4

Chery's goal was fantastic..!!! But he was very poor all game...not too good/not too bad... I and those around me thought it was bloody awful..entertainment value..2/10... We didn't mown and grown, we just got up and left sharpish.. JFH certainly talks the talk but...maybe we were tired..yawn.

"Mown and grown"? Are we talking about the pitch here? Or do you mean "moan and groan"?
Hasselbaink on 00:33 - Sep 11 with 1588 viewsconnell10

Hasselbaink on 22:01 - Sep 10 by RangersDave

I don't think Les will let his pet project go that easily to be honest as unless Les is Teflon, Tony won't get rid of him.

What is this les pet project you speak off?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hasselbaink on 00:44 - Sep 11 with 1571 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 23:50 - Sep 10 by loftinoz

"Mown and grown"? Are we talking about the pitch here? Or do you mean "moan and groan"?

Oh , feck me.. The wind up school teachers back.. Never anything about the R's... But get your spelling and grammar right..WxNKER.!!!
Hasselbaink on 00:49 - Sep 11 with 1562 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hasselbaink on 22:38 - Sep 10 by wombat

I'm old enough to remember the terry Venables days , we was effective in Defence by playing one hell of a off side trap and it was effective but bloody awful to watch but it got positive results.
Like that we are going back to basics with JFH but at present the footballs lol on offer is let's be honest is bloody boring , LR is like a morgue . It's not enjoyable place to be simple as that

I am old enough to remember that as well and it was probably boring back then as well but I was very happy going to see us pick points up away from home and being hard to beat. Maybe some of our short termist 'fans' have gone off to the London/Olympic stadium. Good riddance if that is the case.
Hasselbaink on 05:19 - Sep 11 with 1512 viewszizoustainrod

Hasselbaink on 00:44 - Sep 11 by WilloW4

Oh , feck me.. The wind up school teachers back.. Never anything about the R's... But get your spelling and grammar right..WxNKER.!!!

I thought that was bloody funny! Need more people on this board with a sense of humour.
Hasselbaink on 08:17 - Sep 11 with 1467 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink on 22:01 - Sep 10 by RangersDave

I don't think Les will let his pet project go that easily to be honest as unless Les is Teflon, Tony won't get rid of him.

He shouldn't let his project go either, it's the right way to do it
Hasselbaink on 08:33 - Sep 11 with 1450 viewspaulparker

Hasselbaink on 23:50 - Sep 10 by loftinoz

Here he is nonceinoz with another brilliant memorable post

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink on 08:45 - Sep 11 with 1433 viewspaulparker

nearly went yesterday glad i didnt in the end

i dont get this 4-5-1 at home why do we need 2 defensive midfielders ?
how about we start a4-4-2 diamond with chery behind polter & washington if we are 1 or 2 up then revert back to the 4-5-1 and see the game out
thats 2 home games against bottom placed clubs that we have dropped points we have to be more adventurous otherwise the fans will stay away , its hard to get any atmosphere going when we are playing the ball back and sideways , we have always been a fanbase that needs something to get us going
saying all of that it wouldnt surprise me if we beat Newcastle in the week , its typical QPR
Keep the faith people the football when Gerry first came in was turgid and we drew a lot of games before the end we beat Leeds & city the season after we never looked back
JFH needs this and at least 10 games next year we are a work in progress

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hasselbaink on 09:21 - Sep 11 with 1379 viewsRangersw12

I don't understand the fans nowadays majority wanted a younger team giving 100% and to get rid of mercenaries yet we now have that and the fans are still moaning and calls for fcking Sandro to come back

I'm becoming really fed up with the fans we should be patient and getting behind this group of players but all we do is sit there critising when there is a misplaced pass amd booing because some seem to think we have some god dam right to beat Preston & Blackburn at home.

I know it's expensive and I'm sure that's part of the problem but people need to relax and get behind the team as we have a massive part to play this season and I'm sure the players would respond better to actual support
Hasselbaink on 09:41 - Sep 11 with 1346 viewsDANRANGER

Went yesterday for the 1st time in a while. 1st half was poor but we tried to pass it about and I can see what he is trying to achieve. One move we went from right to left, back again and opened them up only for polter to let the ball through his legs instead of in the back of the net. Goals change games and scoring in the 1st half would have drawn Blackburn out and given us more space.

Easy to criticise as the performance 1st half was below average but to what end. I believe the team will gel if given the chance and we will probably have better performances against the bigger sides and lose 3-2 but more entertaining so some will be happy. When we have to dictate the play without luongo it will not be as pretty and that's when chery must get more involved and make himself available as Henry, cousins were looking for options.

For me, shodipo looks a talent and great to see, almost in the sterling mould. Was concerned about Washington but thought he looked decent and deserves a start against Newcastle. Others to come in so not concerned.

Keep the faith people, it will get better if you let it and JFH is being cautious to bed these players in.
Hasselbaink on 10:03 - Sep 11 with 1316 viewsLblock

BAWHoops ....I'll let that slide as I was in a proper bad mood yesterday which ODH and his tactics served to worsen so I was overly negative

What I will say is everyone has the right to question the approach at the club and express their opinion. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here who WANTS the club to lose games

Anyway, see you on the 10:03 from St Pancras next Saturday I hope me old mate?
Indeed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink on 10:16 - Sep 11 with 1288 viewsRanger78

Hasselbaink on 22:27 - Sep 10 by CroydonCaptJack

I really like the direction our club is going in and to throw toys out of the pram this early in the season is laughable.

I despair at the short term view of posters on here who frankly have supported us long enough to know better

We have loads of new signings. It's another season of transition. Any flirtation with playoffs should be seen as a bonus..
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 22:29]

Spot on.

That's pretty much how I feel. The short term views and unrealistic expectations are laughable.

After the last few years, I genuinely can't believe that people are not happy with the direction the club is heading and are not prepared to give things time.

I like the players we've signed and I love the fact there a young players from our youth set up getting a chance and being developed.

I like JFH and am confident things will progress in the right direction
Hasselbaink on 10:23 - Sep 11 with 1278 viewsPunteR

Hasselbaink on 10:03 - Sep 11 by Lblock

BAWHoops ....I'll let that slide as I was in a proper bad mood yesterday which ODH and his tactics served to worsen so I was overly negative

What I will say is everyone has the right to question the approach at the club and express their opinion. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here who WANTS the club to lose games

Anyway, see you on the 10:03 from St Pancras next Saturday I hope me old mate?
Indeed

What does the ODH stand for LBlock?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink on 11:06 - Sep 11 with 1221 viewsDannytheR

A couple of bright spots yesterday, mostly that Shodipo looks a real find. From out of nowhere we look to have what we haven't had since Ray Jones, an academy product *genuinely* good enough to take a regular place in the first team. Cheryl's goal was beautiful - 1-0 wins from set plays like that for the rest of the season and I wouldn't complain. Difficult to judge Sylla on 15 minutes, but he looked bright, and inventive, and like he could cause Championship defenders some headaches.

Other things didn't work — Polter looked out of sorts in the first half, I am starting to think it won't happen for Washington here, and for a centre back everyone moans about playing RB, I'm not sure I want Ned playing CB either. You got the feeling the team couldn't understand why they weren't 2 or 3 up after 20 minutes, and couldn't really work out what to do afterwards. And Blackburn, equally surprised, then got their tails up.

I thought Cousins played well, but you'd think/hope Hasselbaink will shortly be wanting to bring Borysiuk in alongside him and/or Luongo back. The Henry backpass mentioned by other people had me and most of those around me yesterday howling with frustration.

Smithies saved the day, again, which is embarrassing to admit against a team like Blackburn.

So yeah, a bit glum in the W12 drizzle yesterday.

But FFS, there's some embarrassing manbaby foot stamping going on on this thread. We've had to spend two seasons dismantling the rotting carcass of our Premiership squad after season after season of thick-headed, misguided, club-ruining transfers, and we've got half a team of new players, a couple of who are new to British football. We're going to have off days. We might have as many off days as on for a while, which realistically is where we're at now.

Ultimately it might work with Hasselbaink or it might not. But maybe we should give the season more than half a dozen games and let the summer's new signings play a couple of matches in succession before we rip the whole thing up and start again, again.

Also, people talking about "Les' mates" sounds stupid at last orders. Looks even worse in print, presumably written sober.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 11:07]
Hasselbaink on 11:07 - Sep 11 with 1217 viewsBklynRanger

TBH I don't think I completely understand how this pressing game is supposed to work. I'm guessing we're supposed to be limiting the opposition's time on the ball while somehow 'pressing' it into the areas where Chery and the wingers are. Other than that there seems to be a lack of options.

Yesterday it looked like some of the most creative moments were when Hall or Nedum moved forward with the ball. That created gaps and made Blackburn look quite worried. But you can't rely on that, especially against better teams.

I thought Henry had a good first half. He played one ball over the top to Shodipo that looked too long at first but then fell beautifully into his path. But Henry shouldn't be thought of in any way as the playmaker - and I'm assuming he isn't. I thought Borat Borsiak was supposed to be a sort of more mobile Ale, which was what we really needed but he stayed on the bench the whole game.

Another player who had a solid game was Perch I thought. Defensively at least because his distribution was total rubbish. That's got to be a problem when there are a limited number of creative options in the first place.

Overall it looked to me like Jimmy felt if he can get one or two of the other players into that team - Luongo, the new Polish winger, Caulker - that can make a difference, but I think he needed to make some changes to how we were set up yesterday, not wait for the future.
Hasselbaink on 11:15 - Sep 11 with 1195 views1MoreBrightonR

"Les's mates"....embarrassing and shouldnt be written anywhere, let alone a decent board like this.

"les's pet project"...is that the project where he tries to bring in young, hungry platers with potential instead of over paid has been who don't care about the club? It may work, it may not work, but its progress from our previous approach so lets not slate it just for the sake of it and act if he's some terrible influence on the club.

Hall, Cherry, Poulter, Smithies....all signed as part of this pet project as i recall so lets not moan too much. thats not even including this summers signings who i havent judged yet...
Hasselbaink on 12:05 - Sep 11 with 1126 viewsWeaverQPR

More points dropped against the bottom feeders of the division. Shows some intent play two up front and have a go. No need for 2 dm. Approaching 40 games under JFH and this drossball is pretty hard to watch.
Lots of progress off the pitch with recruitment and wages etc but the tactics aren't winning me over. Apparently we go again zzzz

@WeavQPR

Hasselbaink on 12:30 - Sep 11 with 1080 viewsTacticalR

Hasselbaink on 11:07 - Sep 11 by BklynRanger

TBH I don't think I completely understand how this pressing game is supposed to work. I'm guessing we're supposed to be limiting the opposition's time on the ball while somehow 'pressing' it into the areas where Chery and the wingers are. Other than that there seems to be a lack of options.

Yesterday it looked like some of the most creative moments were when Hall or Nedum moved forward with the ball. That created gaps and made Blackburn look quite worried. But you can't rely on that, especially against better teams.

I thought Henry had a good first half. He played one ball over the top to Shodipo that looked too long at first but then fell beautifully into his path. But Henry shouldn't be thought of in any way as the playmaker - and I'm assuming he isn't. I thought Borat Borsiak was supposed to be a sort of more mobile Ale, which was what we really needed but he stayed on the bench the whole game.

Another player who had a solid game was Perch I thought. Defensively at least because his distribution was total rubbish. That's got to be a problem when there are a limited number of creative options in the first place.

Overall it looked to me like Jimmy felt if he can get one or two of the other players into that team - Luongo, the new Polish winger, Caulker - that can make a difference, but I think he needed to make some changes to how we were set up yesterday, not wait for the future.

It's supposed to mean chasing opposition players and catching them on the ball.

However, as pointed out by adhoc_qpr, our version seems peculiar:

'Maybe we are giving possession back to the oppo every time so that we can practice our pressing more?'

These high press tactics
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/175901

Not only that, but as there are a number of other pressing teams in the division (e.g. Barnsley) our pressers have got pressed by their pressers.

Air hostess clique

Hasselbaink on 12:39 - Sep 11 with 1060 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink on 12:05 - Sep 11 by WeaverQPR

More points dropped against the bottom feeders of the division. Shows some intent play two up front and have a go. No need for 2 dm. Approaching 40 games under JFH and this drossball is pretty hard to watch.
Lots of progress off the pitch with recruitment and wages etc but the tactics aren't winning me over. Apparently we go again zzzz

When attacking we had 4 up front with Chery, Polter, Shodipio and Nasser, it was a pretty attacking team with Cousins going forward as well and created more than enough chances to win. Ended the game playing 4-4-2 and I thought we stopped creating chances when that happened
[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 12:39]
Hasselbaink on 12:43 - Sep 11 with 1046 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink on 09:21 - Sep 11 by Rangersw12

I don't understand the fans nowadays majority wanted a younger team giving 100% and to get rid of mercenaries yet we now have that and the fans are still moaning and calls for fcking Sandro to come back

I'm becoming really fed up with the fans we should be patient and getting behind this group of players but all we do is sit there critising when there is a misplaced pass amd booing because some seem to think we have some god dam right to beat Preston & Blackburn at home.

I know it's expensive and I'm sure that's part of the problem but people need to relax and get behind the team as we have a massive part to play this season and I'm sure the players would respond better to actual support

Majority of QPR fans to me want the opposite of what they have. When we were spending like maniacs the talk was we want young hungry players developing our own etc, We are doing that now but the problem with that is the team will take time to develop, results and performances will be up and down and we won't be getting promoted straight away. Now thats happening we are back to moans and groans that we are not brilliant every week.

I thought we were average yesterday, could have been a lot better and could have been a lot worse, the reaction to the result and performance was pretty predictable though. Toys are thrown out of the pram on here at anything less than perfection.
Hasselbaink on 13:41 - Sep 11 with 944 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Hasselbaink on 21:00 - Sep 10 by Antti_Heinola

I think he definitely knows his XI, he just hasn't had chance to play it this season. He's bought the two wingers to replace Phillips and Hoilett and hopefully come Jan we'll see us playing a bit more positively, but it will take time because these lads won't settle immediately. But he knows his team - i think it's pretty clear its:

Smithies
Onuoha Hall Caulker Bidwell
Borysiuk Cousins
Wszolek Chery Yeni
Polter

Sadly, he hasn't been close to that yet.

To be fair he could have played Borysiuk. No this isn't a pop at Henry but we bought this guy for a reason we have to assume. Not been given a chance really thus far.
Hasselbaink on 13:45 - Sep 11 with 933 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink on 13:41 - Sep 11 by Silverfoxqpr

To be fair he could have played Borysiuk. No this isn't a pop at Henry but we bought this guy for a reason we have to assume. Not been given a chance really thus far.

He's been injured rather than not given a chance
Hasselbaink on 14:15 - Sep 11 with 893 viewsDWQPR

Hasselbaink on 13:45 - Sep 11 by daveB

He's been injured rather than not given a chance

He played against Rochdale and came on against Wigan and has spent the last two weeks training so I don't know what the issue is. Equally in the fans forum JFH stated that he was pretty much forced to play Cousins on the right due to a lack of options, yet two weeks before we see Shodipo having a wonderful game against Rochdale and also Kakay turned in a very decent performance. He also left NEK on the bench against Wigan, which although he isn't my favourite player by a long way surely would have been a better option as at least he would have been a round peg in a round hole. The play is languid and often negative and we have some very good players that can excite.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hasselbaink on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 862 viewsDejR_vu

Hasselbaink on 12:43 - Sep 11 by daveB

Majority of QPR fans to me want the opposite of what they have. When we were spending like maniacs the talk was we want young hungry players developing our own etc, We are doing that now but the problem with that is the team will take time to develop, results and performances will be up and down and we won't be getting promoted straight away. Now thats happening we are back to moans and groans that we are not brilliant every week.

I thought we were average yesterday, could have been a lot better and could have been a lot worse, the reaction to the result and performance was pretty predictable though. Toys are thrown out of the pram on here at anything less than perfection.

I think it's more that the fans are a collection of individuals with differing opinions, rather than the same individuals being contradictory.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 14:28]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024