Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink 17:13 - Sep 10 with 9103 viewsDWQPR

I must admit that I am getting totally fed up with the negative tactics this bloke employs. Against a team that are rock bottom and let in 10 goals we spent the first 45 minutes just playing the ball around the back line with more balls going back to Smithies and Chery dropping deeper and deeper. The second half was marginally better but once we scored we dropped deep again inviting Blackburn onto us and they got what they deserved and quite frankly could have won it. Their goal came from a cleared cross from a corner and they got that opportunity because Haseelbaink insists on having all eleven players back, there is no relief from clearing corners, the ball comes straight back.

After the Leeds game, whereby we pressed all match and looked a very good side, today after two weeks rest we look half-hearted again. I really don't understand it. There is a very decent team in that squad somewhere, a very exciting team in there but they are being held back in my opinion.

Shodipo's performance for me was that of a MOTM and made a mockery of JFH decision to play Cousins there after the Cardiff game. This kid has got it, he can take defenders on and get in crosses and can see a pass. Sure he will have bad games but he gave us width today which we have been badly lacking. El Khayati on the other hand is very weak and is no more than a League One player. Washington for me is a very decent player and did well in the second half but I feel that Hasselbaink won't get the best out of him. At this time I want to see good attacking football, exciting football and scoring some great goals. Again today was from a set-piece, we must be creating some kind of record. If we are negative again against Newcastle we will get a good stuffing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hasselbaink on 20:51 - Sep 10 with 1727 viewsWestbourneR

Hasselbaink on 18:51 - Sep 10 by WilloW4

Chery's goal was fantastic..!!! But he was very poor all game...not too good/not too bad... I and those around me thought it was bloody awful..entertainment value..2/10... We didn't mown and grown, we just got up and left sharpish.. JFH certainly talks the talk but...maybe we were tired..yawn.

Chery very poor all game? Really?

Thought he was amongst the best along with Cousins & Shodipo

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hasselbaink on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 1709 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink on 17:30 - Sep 10 by Discodroids

Even at this early stage of the season and after a 2 week break , i was adding up the players unavailable; injured robinson, the bloke must be in a sensory deprivation tank or something, lynch( again) , Mackie and gladwin all missing , wszolek,and ngbakato unavailable and sandro and Petresso in the ether.

I dont think JFH knows his first choice 11, i certainly dont, and trying to crowbar the above into the matchday 18 would be Harder than re inventing Max Clifford As the next pontiff.

I dont know LFW, i used to erupt in gamma ray rage under Arthur English and then under Ramsey, but under JFH im cool daddy mancat.

Talking about QPR these days gets the blood up as much as talking about putting my new skirting boards in and what countersink screws to use with my neighbor.

We' ll be that unopened tin of misty buff emulsion in the attic this season,and i accept that with a smile on my face..nice and boring.Safe and sound.

Easy for me to be indifferent over the entertainment value, i only go to 5 or 6 games a year. I might feel different if i was laying out hard earned every week.

Id be interested to hear peoples views on ELK, is he our stan lazaridis ?,.i.e weak as the skin on the top of a diabetics piss. im hoping wszloek stakes his place asap.

Oh well, Kell brook , Tapas and a few beers later tonight.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:39]

I think he definitely knows his XI, he just hasn't had chance to play it this season. He's bought the two wingers to replace Phillips and Hoilett and hopefully come Jan we'll see us playing a bit more positively, but it will take time because these lads won't settle immediately. But he knows his team - i think it's pretty clear its:

Smithies
Onuoha Hall Caulker Bidwell
Borysiuk Cousins
Wszolek Chery Yeni
Polter

Sadly, he hasn't been close to that yet.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink on 21:03 - Sep 10 with 1696 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 20:51 - Sep 10 by WestbourneR

Chery very poor all game? Really?

Thought he was amongst the best along with Cousins & Shodipo

Cousins? Don't get that mate. Chery was lightweight in his passing and looked disinterested. His goal was absolute class obviously.cousins was in 4 different positions for 20 min periods.. As for the other 10 mins? free role? Just looked lost to me. Shodipo was a bright light. A fine player in the making in my humble. Oh well, it's about opinions.. And you have the best avatar on LFW...Macca is KING.
Hasselbaink on 21:08 - Sep 10 with 1687 viewsbaz_qpr

We could and should have scored 4, Polter missed a sitter first half, Washington and Perch and Cilla also had clear cut chance 2nd half
Hasselbaink on 21:11 - Sep 10 with 1682 viewsLblock

Hasselbaink on 20:47 - Sep 10 by WilloW4

"He stated his teams would be fit, high energy, pressing and pacey"... He certainly did Lblock, many times...I don't see it..some of the team looked shot at 60 mins..this 'high pressing game' is just waffle thus far.. Love to see it but it's just not happening. It's a work in progress, blah blah blah.. Not good.

Exactly mate

Flannel

Apparently he remonstrated with a few fans after discontent was shown audibly at yet another back pass. Cracks appearing

Sceanario:-
Completely filled in by the Barcodes
A loss to top of the table and progressive Huddersfield
Another safety first draw v Brummies
And then came Foolham.... West London derby been the nemesis for a couple of Sir Les mates; I can see a mass jump to my number base then

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink on 21:25 - Sep 10 with 1643 viewsBostonR

Hasselbaink on 20:31 - Sep 10 by Lblock

Can I go on record here as saying I've now had enough of ODH?

The football his teams have served up has been atrocious and so mind numbing my boring it's amazing
He stated his teams would be fit, high energy, pressing and pacey
I've had to put up with Karl Henry, either 28 back passes or aimless balls into channels or to BFG to battle out
4-5-1 with two holding midfielders, at home, against a bottom of the table side who are bereft of confidence? Do me a farkin favour!
Changes the back 4 for a reason only he will know
Has signed players yet reluctant to use them -- so Cilla was signed as Poulters cover but when he has to go off at HT he chucks on CW who is so out of his depth at this level it's sad
Waited so, so long to change the system today but to his credit he did. Unfortunately he left both players on he'd dispatched to be holding midfielders so we were yet again ONE DIMENSIONAL

I'm not on a knee jerk from a bad performance, this is based on performances since he took over from Benny. Yep, done well getting rid of a bundle of wasters but I'm more concerned with what he's got in and how he's using them.

Not impressed.

Spot on post.
Hasselbaink on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 1612 viewsRangersDave

I think the problem here is simple.......

Yes it's a work in progress, despite me not r]trusting JFH any more.

However......its games like this we need to win. Win the easier ones as you don't know when your going to win the harder ones, and therefore winning at home and going all out is imperative to get enough points to secure your position.

Despite a couple of away wins, you cannot guarantee you'll get any and so a draw away is a bonus and a win unexpected. But a win at home should be the deaf to standard no matter what.

At home we should make it a foot ball fortress. Attack Attack Attack, none of this crab football, none of this back to the keeper form their half...damn well run with the ball. Make space, pass forward and run into a gap to receive. Push it along the ground to another of your players and not to the opposition, fight for the ball on the ground and don't be second to it in the air.

Come on, it's simple.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Hasselbaink on 21:49 - Sep 10 with 1570 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink on 21:11 - Sep 10 by Lblock

Exactly mate

Flannel

Apparently he remonstrated with a few fans after discontent was shown audibly at yet another back pass. Cracks appearing

And then came Foolham.... West London derby been the nemesis for a couple of Sir Les mates; I can see a mass jump to my number base then

So, he's on his way if we get one point from the next four games where 3 of those games are against one team that WILL get it together soon and 2 who have lost one game between them so far this season? REALLY?

I get it, it was laboured and a long way from a high pressing game we enjoyed on game one, but this team and their manager simply cannot be judged until 20 games minimum.

Don't get me wrong, that was turgid, slow paced stuff, but calling for the managers head after less than a full season just highlights what is wrong with modern football fans, no patience.

We are not going down this year, so why doesn't he get the season before you judge?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 1533 viewsRangersDave

I don't think Les will let his pet project go that easily to be honest as unless Les is Teflon, Tony won't get rid of him.

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Hasselbaink on 22:04 - Sep 10 with 1522 viewsRangersw12

Hasselbaink on 22:01 - Sep 10 by RangersDave

I don't think Les will let his pet project go that easily to be honest as unless Les is Teflon, Tony won't get rid of him.

How come you didn't post this after winning at Wigan ?
Hasselbaink on 22:07 - Sep 10 with 1512 viewsRangersw12

Exactly mate

Flannel

To be fair to him he hasn't had his 1st team fit yet so judge him in 6 months time then we should be asking questions if it hasn't improved
Hasselbaink on 22:10 - Sep 10 with 1498 viewsRangersDave

I don't want him to go mate, I don't think he's the right man for the job, and never have done, but he's in the job whether we like it or not.
Therefore if he makes a Horlicks of it or not, he needs time.
At the moment I'm not happy about what he's done, despite the Wigan win, and don't forget Wigan wasn't a good match to watch either.
Crab football and lack of commitment to be first to the ball, added to what seemed to me like lack of fitness etc it was in my opinion poor.

This doesn't change much, he's in the job. Full stop.
Les will keep him in the job or go as a failure as well as he wont be able to gloss over it as Jimmy was his choice.

So for now, we need to see.

Hasselbaink on 22:11 - Sep 10 with 1492 viewsDeepcutHoop

Fans are starting to make the same noises and same complaints as started about this time last season. And yet again, it's way too soon, and well OTT

We complain about the management and players not learning their lesson and trying something different, but then do exactly the same things ourselves.
Hasselbaink on 22:27 - Sep 10 with 1434 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I really like the direction our club is going in and to throw toys out of the pram this early in the season is laughable.

I despair at the short term view of posters on here who frankly have supported us long enough to know better

We have loads of new signings. It's another season of transition. Any flirtation with playoffs should be seen as a bonus..
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 22:29]
Hasselbaink on 22:34 - Sep 10 with 1409 viewsBAWHoops

We should bring back Ramsey

He played attacking football

This thread is absurd. Someone said 'we should give Sandro a chance' he's had loads of chances and been crap!

Henry absolutely fine today, some people just want to moan about him regardless.

Washington 'out of his league'. He won the FK we scored from and led the line very well. Thought he was excellent when he came on and looked comfortable.

MOTM today was a young winger who has come through the youth system. Was nowhere near first team 6 months ago, but JFH has worked on him and made a huge difference. Can we talk about that?

And to the poster who is positively frothing at the gash that we may lose to newcastle, Huddersfield and Fulham and that will see the fans turn on JFH... fark off mate. Go and support a PL club like Watford for a season, don't need pricks like you following the team.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hasselbaink on 22:38 - Sep 10 with 1248 viewswombat

Hasselbaink on 22:27 - Sep 10 by CroydonCaptJack

I really like the direction our club is going in and to throw toys out of the pram this early in the season is laughable.

I despair at the short term view of posters on here who frankly have supported us long enough to know better

We have loads of new signings. It's another season of transition. Any flirtation with playoffs should be seen as a bonus..
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 22:29]

I'm old enough to remember the terry Venables days , we was effective in Defence by playing one hell of a off side trap and it was effective but bloody awful to watch but it got positive results.
Like that we are going back to basics with JFH but at present the footballs lol on offer is let's be honest is bloody boring , LR is like a morgue . It's not enjoyable place to be simple as that

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hasselbaink on 22:38 - Sep 10 with 1247 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 22:11 - Sep 10 by DeepcutHoop

Fans are starting to make the same noises and same complaints as started about this time last season. And yet again, it's way too soon, and well OTT

We complain about the management and players not learning their lesson and trying something different, but then do exactly the same things ourselves.

When you pay your money etc..I didn't boo today or at Preston, but all JFH's waffle of high pressing game..and then watch that again..it's not good. His after match press conference is laughable too.
Hasselbaink on 22:42 - Sep 10 with 1236 views1MoreBrightonR

Hasselbaink on 22:34 - Sep 10 by BAWHoops

This thread is absurd. Someone said 'we should give Sandro a chance' he's had loads of chances and been crap!

Henry absolutely fine today, some people just want to moan about him regardless.

Washington 'out of his league'. He won the FK we scored from and led the line very well. Thought he was excellent when he came on and looked comfortable.

MOTM today was a young winger who has come through the youth system. Was nowhere near first team 6 months ago, but JFH has worked on him and made a huge difference. Can we talk about that?

And to the poster who is positively frothing at the gash that we may lose to newcastle, Huddersfield and Fulham and that will see the fans turn on JFH... fark off mate. Go and support a PL club like Watford for a season, don't need pricks like you following the team.

Well said.

The first half was dull but it was still better than Preston. Second half was way better and while we were playing the bottom team, it's not the end of the world that we didn't win. While not many players were at their best, I thought most did a decent job, including Henry and Washington. Incredible yet unsurprising overreaction to a draw.
Hasselbaink on 22:44 - Sep 10 with 1226 viewsLblock

Hasselbaink on 21:49 - Sep 10 by davman

So, he's on his way if we get one point from the next four games where 3 of those games are against one team that WILL get it together soon and 2 who have lost one game between them so far this season? REALLY?

I get it, it was laboured and a long way from a high pressing game we enjoyed on game one, but this team and their manager simply cannot be judged until 20 games minimum.

Don't get me wrong, that was turgid, slow paced stuff, but calling for the managers head after less than a full season just highlights what is wrong with modern football fans, no patience.

We are not going down this year, so why doesn't he get the season before you judge?

Yep... so here we go... the happy clappers and those who say get behind them versus the others

Look - I dont want constant turmoil and endless new managers but if you're happy with what you've seen the last 10 months then great. He aint gonna change and this is the ay the man has his teams play football. Check out how many 1-0 wins Burton had.

All I was saying is IF we get that string of results I can see the groundswell be against ODH and he'll be under immense pressure and then so will his puppet master etc
But still he will remain dogmatic 4-5-1 with Karl Henry the lynch pin

Jesus. I was relying on those fookers to actually put a smile on my face today but even after caning the bookies with the Manc game and Chery for the first I still have the darkest grey cloud following me around

Entertainment?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink on 22:57 - Sep 10 with 1193 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink on 19:53 - Sep 10 by superhoopdownunder

Sandro is our most talented midfielder followed by Luongo
Both did not play today
Luongo rested (fair enough)
Sandro should be out there - he is fragile - but give him a chance

Sandro should be nowhere near the first team. We should be giving Cousins a chance as we did today
Hasselbaink on 23:02 - Sep 10 with 1180 viewsLesleys_cat

Hasselbaink on 22:34 - Sep 10 by BAWHoops

"Go and support a PL club like Watford for a season, don't need pricks like you following the team." - Out of order! I am another one of those pricks. The football today was fecking turgid or politely described as pedestrian. The "Jimmy out brigade" and the "give him the whole season brigade" are both wrong. It's far too early to knee jerk him but lets not kid ourselves, the football was not good enough. I hope we improve with Jimmy and will be very happy if we do but please lets not have a season of the football we saw today and v Preston
Hasselbaink on 23:13 - Sep 10 with 1153 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink on 23:02 - Sep 10 by Lesleys_cat

"Go and support a PL club like Watford for a season, don't need pricks like you following the team." - Out of order! I am another one of those pricks. The football today was fecking turgid or politely described as pedestrian. The "Jimmy out brigade" and the "give him the whole season brigade" are both wrong. It's far too early to knee jerk him but lets not kid ourselves, the football was not good enough. I hope we improve with Jimmy and will be very happy if we do but please lets not have a season of the football we saw today and v Preston

This.. Well said.
Hasselbaink on 23:17 - Sep 10 with 1147 viewsloneranger1

Hasselbaink on 22:11 - Sep 10 by DeepcutHoop

Couldn't agree more.

Today was not as great as JFH makes out, by any stretch of the imagination. Nor bad enough to get people calling for his head, or anything approaching that...

I agree with the others who have said, team are generally organised, JFH hasn't had a fully ft squad yet, Shodipo looks great and it's so nice to have ''one of our own'' in the team (even if not every game). MOTM today. Smithies looked better than other games, Cousins full of energy... a bit of competition for Polter

But yes ... set piece defending needs sorting out, we should definitely be going for it more at home when we're 1-0 up, and we need to solve this creative spark from midfield. Also, El Khayati shoudn't be starting games.

Like some, am a bit worried about Newcastle on Tue, feel we need to have Chery and Shodipo on form to cause them real problems and Chery needs to show more on the ball, and Shodipo will probably be rested. We'll see
Hasselbaink on 23:19 - Sep 10 with 1141 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink on 22:44 - Sep 10 by Lblock

Yep... so here we go... the happy clappers and those who say get behind them versus the others

Look - I dont want constant turmoil and endless new managers but if you're happy with what you've seen the last 10 months then great. He aint gonna change and this is the ay the man has his teams play football. Check out how many 1-0 wins Burton had.

All I was saying is IF we get that string of results I can see the groundswell be against ODH and he'll be under immense pressure and then so will his puppet master etc
But still he will remain dogmatic 4-5-1 with Karl Henry the lynch pin

Jesus. I was relying on those fookers to actually put a smile on my face today but even after caning the bookies with the Manc game and Chery for the first I still have the darkest grey cloud following me around

Entertainment?

To be fair, LBLOCK, that is the second trait of a modern football fan -sensationalism. We are, by your logic, either people who want him out or people who wholeheartedly support him no matter what.

Actually, as I posted, today was dull and turgid, but that doesn't mean I want him out.

Not winning doesn't have to be the end of the world just like winning doesn't mean that all our problems are over and we're going to win the league. It's alright to be between these extremes, acknowledge that we are not seeing the same high pressing game we saw against Lids, but that, when the new boys settle we might actually do 'alright'...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink on 23:25 - Sep 10 with 1127 viewsdaveB

Exactly mate

Flannel

He was urging fans to get behind the team rather than moan, he was right as well the support was crap again.
Sometimes it's better to pass back and keep the ball than rush and give it away. We have a young team needing support and learning on the job and we slate them every time something goes even slightly wrong during games.

Another scenario could be beat the Geordies on Tuesday, draw at Huddersfield , beat Sunderland in the cup and everything is good again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024