Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Babies and toddlers on planes 19:15 - Apr 16 with 25645 viewsMancR

Just back from new York on overnight flight and all children should be on a separate plane, maybe attached and towed like a glider. One family tried to keep 3 kids aged between 6 months and 4 fed, entertained and quiet , they failed miserably :(
Spending thousands flying kids long haul is insane and should be illegal.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:43 - Apr 18 with 2153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:39 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

It is noted and I hope it's right, although I can't see much else being alive by the time we hit 11 billion. Other reports also say the one you cite is nonsense. So who really knows?

Well, he's going on data since 1968 alone. No speculations from him. It certainly can't be denied that the whole world is having less babies. That is a fact.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:49 - Apr 18 with 2131 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:40 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm sure he's a lovely fella, and he's getting bullied a bit which is isn't nice, but you can't call out people for having kids.

I'm ambivalent about it all really, but at least it's provoked some worthy (and some not so worthy) discussion.

As ever, the more erudite and worldly members have interjected with some fascinating insghts and reads proving even the most ordinary posts can have some merit.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:50 - Apr 18 with 2131 viewsTheBlob

Babies and toddlers on planes on 21:03 - Apr 18 by TacticalR

The point is, it's not just kids that Deano doesn't like, but humanity in general. He's been pretty open on that point.

He has started a number of threads stridently advocating a long-discredited doctrine - Malthusianism. In An Essay on the Principle of Population, (1798), Malthus argued that population would increase geometrically, while food production would only increase arithmetically. Malthus' predictions proved to be false. Malthusianism recieved a boost at the end of the 1960s with books like Paul Ehrlich's 'The Population Bomb'. The one-child policy in China, which could only be implemented in a police state, was launched on the basis of a Chinese translation of another Malthusian book, 'The Limits to Growth'.

For those interested I recommend an excellent recent book that savages Malthusianism (from a right-wing/free-market perspective) - Robert Zubrin's 'Merchants of Despair: Radical Environmentalists, Criminal Pseudo-Scientists, and the Fatal Cult of Antihumanism' (2012)
http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/merchants-of-despair
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 21:37]

Well if you think everything in the garden is rosy and there's plenty to go around why have they shrunk Wagon Wheels?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:54 - Apr 18 with 2120 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:49 - Apr 18 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I'm ambivalent about it all really, but at least it's provoked some worthy (and some not so worthy) discussion.

As ever, the more erudite and worldly members have interjected with some fascinating insghts and reads proving even the most ordinary posts can have some merit.

What's life without differences of opinion and debate??!! Probably not as bad as life without booze I guess. And yes, some interesting points of view I agree. It has certainly educated me a little bit anyway

Who would have thought a thread about babes and toddlers and on planes would get to 7 pages!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 22:55]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:04 - Apr 18 with 2109 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:23 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Absolutely correct and well observed sir. However, Malthusianism is based, yet again, on the subjectivity of the human being (i.e. it only considers the future of humanity). What I care about is the fact (and it is a fact) that the larger the human population the more the other flaura and fauna on this planet disappears.

Just look at the stats - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774395/HALF-world-s-wild-animals-disapp (yes it's the fail, but these stats are everywhere)

I care a lot for animals, and firmly believe that they have a right to live here just as much as we do. I also believe that we have a responsibility to allow them to live and thrive. In light of that fact, my heart sinks when I see people absolutely pointlessly (IMO) producing more and more humans knowing the effect it will have on everything else that lives here. I just hope the children of today grow up to be less selfish and more environmentally and socially aware than the previous generations. Maybe then there will be some hope (if it's not too late already). I suspect they will have no choice but to be more aware in all honesty, thanks to the previous generations selfish and/or ignorant attitude. I would put it at the top of the national curriculum. Learning maths, english, economics, law and such like is great and I couldn't advocate it more, but it's not much use if the planet and life itself is on its knees..

That's my opinion and I am entitled to it. And it's not a subjective view as it affects me little personally at the end of the day as I shall be gone. However, if my banging on gets even one person to THINK (I'm not saying it will, but at least I'll die trying!), then as far as I am concerned it was worth being called all the names under the sun.

So my intentions are genuine and entirely honourable. I have reasons for my thought process. If people think that's wrong then I suppose they are entitled to that view just as I am entitled to mine. I would like to know why it is so wrong though!

Anyway, let's get back to the original topic of children on planes and how their parents should be done for child abuse for putting them through such a traumatic painful experience just to suit themselves.

Fcuk me I'm out of cider now. Waitrose is shut as well. Will have to raid the Rémy Martin Louis XIII in the smoking room
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 22:46]

Are you for real Deano?

Where did you copy and paste that?.
Sorry you've lost all credibility to me. You might have something important to say and worth sharing with other people but you've gone about it in the wrong way.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 2099 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:04 - Apr 18 by PunteR

Are you for real Deano?

Where did you copy and paste that?.
Sorry you've lost all credibility to me. You might have something important to say and worth sharing with other people but you've gone about it in the wrong way.

Yep, quite unbelievably I'm for real PunteR. Is there such a thing as a right and wrong way to go about things? Looking at it objectively, your wrong way is my right way and vice versa! Drafted that just before I ran out of Strongbow unfortunately. Enough of the serious stuff anyway, let's get back on topic!!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 23:17]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:27 - Apr 18 with 2070 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:09 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Yep, quite unbelievably I'm for real PunteR. Is there such a thing as a right and wrong way to go about things? Looking at it objectively, your wrong way is my right way and vice versa! Drafted that just before I ran out of Strongbow unfortunately. Enough of the serious stuff anyway, let's get back on topic!!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 23:17]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,of course but that doesn't entitle them to say whatever they feel like saying to cause offense or a reaction.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:28 - Apr 18 with 2066 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:27 - Apr 18 by PunteR

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,of course but that doesn't entitle them to say whatever they feel like saying to cause offense or a reaction.

I disagree. But if you insist on viewing it that way then all I can say is 'touche'.

Anyway, until the next time
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 23:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:11 - Apr 19 with 2028 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:28 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

I disagree. But if you insist on viewing it that way then all I can say is 'touche'.

Anyway, until the next time
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 23:45]

We could have had a serious and interesting chat two days ago instead of all the silly bitching. But i get the impression that's not what you want at all.I think you're purposely trying to provoke. You're basically trolling.
Just to put you in the picture of where i'm coming from,I've just spent the last two weeks in hospital with my 7 year old not knowing if he was going to need another operation. To see my little boy suffer the things he's had to all his life and then to come on a QPR message board to read your comments that having children is just selfish and some sort of lifestyle choice is upsetting.
You question people's motives for having children, calling them selfish for not thinking about the consequences to having them,trust me we have. Despite all the problems my little lad has been through,all the operations ,all the stress ,i would go through it all again just to have him. He's fought tooth and nail to still be with us . Am i just being selfish or is there more to it than that?. Well if you haven't got kids yourself you'll never know will you.
Trust me Deano i don't want your sympathy and i don't care if you don't agree with my opinion rightly or wrongly and i'm not really interested in getting into a debate about it either. But i'm just letting you know i thought your comments were out of order. I know others on here have been slating kids on planes or whatever and i don't really care about that ,but your comments didn't sit right with me.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:20 - Apr 19 with 2025 viewsbob566

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:11 - Apr 19 by PunteR

We could have had a serious and interesting chat two days ago instead of all the silly bitching. But i get the impression that's not what you want at all.I think you're purposely trying to provoke. You're basically trolling.
Just to put you in the picture of where i'm coming from,I've just spent the last two weeks in hospital with my 7 year old not knowing if he was going to need another operation. To see my little boy suffer the things he's had to all his life and then to come on a QPR message board to read your comments that having children is just selfish and some sort of lifestyle choice is upsetting.
You question people's motives for having children, calling them selfish for not thinking about the consequences to having them,trust me we have. Despite all the problems my little lad has been through,all the operations ,all the stress ,i would go through it all again just to have him. He's fought tooth and nail to still be with us . Am i just being selfish or is there more to it than that?. Well if you haven't got kids yourself you'll never know will you.
Trust me Deano i don't want your sympathy and i don't care if you don't agree with my opinion rightly or wrongly and i'm not really interested in getting into a debate about it either. But i'm just letting you know i thought your comments were out of order. I know others on here have been slating kids on planes or whatever and i don't really care about that ,but your comments didn't sit right with me.

Amen punter. Hopefully your kid gets through it all. He could be a future doctor giving deano CPR on a flight one day. Who knows.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:44 - Apr 19 with 1929 viewsMetallica_Hoop

People who are morbidly obese should buy two seats.

(might as well cover all the bases)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:13 - Apr 19 with 1907 viewsscot1963

Deano has previous - he's wished violence on a couple of people and to be perfectly honest comes across as a nasty piece of work
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:28 - Apr 19 with 1870 viewsaston_hoop

Babies and toddlers on planes on 16:10 - Apr 18 by hopphoops

Conversely, I got a ferry in January from Caen to Portsmouth, there were about eight people on it, bliss :)

If I went long haul I'd definitely go for this...
https://www.cma-cgm.com/products-services/cargo-cruise

despite the risk of this...

In a previous job, I regularly travelled with cargo ships. No Internet on board, no phone signal, just the ocean (and whatever work I needed to do on board)..but usually bliss.

Kid on planes? No problem. Better than pissed up northerners on the duty free.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:37 - Apr 19 with 1852 viewsTacticalR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 22:50 - Apr 18 by TheBlob

Well if you think everything in the garden is rosy and there's plenty to go around why have they shrunk Wagon Wheels?

You're right, they are definitely debasing our Wagon Wheels. Whether that is an inevitable outcome of our economic system, or due to a globalist plot, remains to be seen.

Air hostess clique

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:51 - Apr 19 with 1831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:44 - Apr 19 by Metallica_Hoop

People who are morbidly obese should buy two seats.

(might as well cover all the bases)

Frequent pissers in the window seats should be hanged.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:52 - Apr 19 with 1827 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:13 - Apr 19 by scot1963

Deano has previous - he's wished violence on a couple of people and to be perfectly honest comes across as a nasty piece of work

Yada, yada yada. Don't like someone's very valid point of view then just shoot them down with something they have not a clue about

For the record I am an animal lover and don't agree with violence at all. If that makes me a nasty piece of work then I dread to think what you are old chum. And yes I care more about animals than I do people. That's my right and it is has sound reasoning.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 1822 viewspaulparker

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:51 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Frequent pissers in the window seats should be hanged.

I thought you wanted this thread deleting ??

Clive do us all a favour............. Before I completely give up on the human race.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:02 - Apr 19 with 1810 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:54 - Apr 19 by paulparker

I thought you wanted this thread deleting ??

Clive do us all a favour............. Before I completely give up on the human race.

Have you not blocked me yet? I think you're in love mate.

Are you the one sending me your toenail clippings in the post?
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:06 - Apr 19 with 1804 viewspaulparker

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:02 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have you not blocked me yet? I think you're in love mate.

Are you the one sending me your toenail clippings in the post?

No I just like pointing out what a total hypocrite you are

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:07 - Apr 19 with 1797 viewsscot1963

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:52 - Apr 19 by Deano19766

Yada, yada yada. Don't like someone's very valid point of view then just shoot them down with something they have not a clue about

For the record I am an animal lover and don't agree with violence at all. If that makes me a nasty piece of work then I dread to think what you are old chum. And yes I care more about animals than I do people. That's my right and it is has sound reasoning.

you've posted twice on here, just to my knowledge, suggesting violence against 2 posters - 18Stone and also you amended a post at Isaw's suggestion along the same lines very recently so don't come the innocent. I have no problem with people who have a valid view
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:07]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 1793 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:11 - Apr 19 by PunteR

I am sorry to hear about your lad. I wish him well and hope that he comes through stronger and goes on to have a happy and successful life (a socially and environmentally considerate one of course ) . It must be terrible for him to be ill at such a young age and I have every sympathy for him.

I was going to enter into further debate something else you have said in your post, but I think it's best to park it otherwise it will all kick off again.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:11 - Apr 19 with 1780 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:06 - Apr 19 by paulparker

No I just like pointing out what a total hypocrite you are

You need a new hobby then pal.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:24 - Apr 19 with 1756 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:07 - Apr 19 by scot1963

you've posted twice on here, just to my knowledge, suggesting violence against 2 posters - 18Stone and also you amended a post at Isaw's suggestion along the same lines very recently so don't come the innocent. I have no problem with people who have a valid view
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:07]

Yes I apologised to 18stone for an ill considered spur of the moment comment which I regretted, and yes I amended a post when I realised it was poor form. That's two silly incidents over a number of years. The clue is in the apology and the amendment. We all make mistakes (particularly when booze is involved!). Guessing you're an angel then?

You can believe what you like about me cos you haven't got a clue, but I'm betting I have far more compassion for living creatures than you do. I don't even kill flies who enter my house, instead getting them to fly back out. I also foster dogs from staffie rescue, I volunteer at a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centre, I donate a lot of money to wildlife conservation charities, and I actively campaign for animal rights. But I must be a nasty piece of work eh??

The ONLY beef I have is with the exploding human population which is wiping out wildlife on a scale like never seen before. I find it incredibly selfish human behaviour to not only sit back and do nothing to reverse it, but to in fact make the situation even worse by continuing with 'business as usual'. That's the one thing that winds me up. Everything else I'm fairly ambivalent to in all honesty. You may think that's stupid but I am entitled to my opinion, which is founded on facts and logical conclusions, and isn't simply all about me and what I want and to hell with everything else.

Sorry, gone completely off topic there. Just defending myself, as is my right under a jurisdiction which embraces the rules of natural justice ("audi alteram partem" and "nemo iudex in causa sua" for those wondering what they are)

I think I shall now withdraw from this thread now otherwise it will go on forever and I'm bored of it!!!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:46]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 1740 viewsTheBlob

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:24 - Apr 19 by Deano19766

Yes I apologised to 18stone for an ill considered spur of the moment comment which I regretted, and yes I amended a post when I realised it was poor form. That's two silly incidents over a number of years. The clue is in the apology and the amendment. We all make mistakes (particularly when booze is involved!). Guessing you're an angel then?

You can believe what you like about me cos you haven't got a clue, but I'm betting I have far more compassion for living creatures than you do. I don't even kill flies who enter my house, instead getting them to fly back out. I also foster dogs from staffie rescue, I volunteer at a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centre, I donate a lot of money to wildlife conservation charities, and I actively campaign for animal rights. But I must be a nasty piece of work eh??

The ONLY beef I have is with the exploding human population which is wiping out wildlife on a scale like never seen before. I find it incredibly selfish human behaviour to not only sit back and do nothing to reverse it, but to in fact make the situation even worse by continuing with 'business as usual'. That's the one thing that winds me up. Everything else I'm fairly ambivalent to in all honesty. You may think that's stupid but I am entitled to my opinion, which is founded on facts and logical conclusions, and isn't simply all about me and what I want and to hell with everything else.

Sorry, gone completely off topic there. Just defending myself, as is my right under a jurisdiction which embraces the rules of natural justice ("audi alteram partem" and "nemo iudex in causa sua" for those wondering what they are)

I think I shall now withdraw from this thread now otherwise it will go on forever and I'm bored of it!!!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:46]

That's a bit unworth.Scotty is inordinately fair to animals and pensioners.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:35]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 1719 viewsscot1963

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:32 - Apr 19 by TheBlob

That's a bit unworth.Scotty is inordinately fair to animals and pensioners.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:35]

but I do kill flies - in my defence I had an infestation down the chimney (ooer) one year and it was the most revolting thing I've ever had to deal with
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024