Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Babies and toddlers on planes 19:15 - Apr 16 with 25637 viewsMancR

Just back from new York on overnight flight and all children should be on a separate plane, maybe attached and towed like a glider. One family tried to keep 3 kids aged between 6 months and 4 fed, entertained and quiet , they failed miserably :(
Spending thousands flying kids long haul is insane and should be illegal.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:10 - Apr 16 with 2676 viewsSydneyRs

Deliberately avoided taking mine on long flights until they were past toddler age. Agree it's even worse for parents, except that is the tossers on our recent flight to London who made no effort at all to comfort their screaming child. Bastards. 14 hours.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:13 - Apr 16 with 2668 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:10 - Apr 16 by SydneyRs

Deliberately avoided taking mine on long flights until they were past toddler age. Agree it's even worse for parents, except that is the tossers on our recent flight to London who made no effort at all to comfort their screaming child. Bastards. 14 hours.

Blimey, a parent with a modicum of social conscience. The first I have ever seen. Fair play.. You are a very unusual specimen, and I applaud you accordingly

Most on here just dish out abuse when you raise a valid point. Shows their mentality and level of intelligence I guess (and the fact that they really do only care about themselves)
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 23:20]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:25 - Apr 16 with 2644 viewsLazyFan

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:10 - Apr 16 by SydneyRs

Hi,
Same here.
We have a 9 year old and the other almost 5. Every year we go to Spain and that is as far as we go. We know we can manage short-haul and we know they would have been nightmares had we gone long-haul. So, you can still go abroad on a plane with the rotters, just keep it to a few hours.

In another two years we may do the first long-haul. This is the way it should be.
Moderation.

One thing people forget is it is not nice for the children/babies as well as the other passengers. Neither had a choice. Some parents need to travel, but most do not need to take young ones on long hauls. It is selfish when they do that. Everyone is impacted.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:33 - Apr 16 with 2635 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:25 - Apr 16 by LazyFan

Hi,
Same here.
We have a 9 year old and the other almost 5. Every year we go to Spain and that is as far as we go. We know we can manage short-haul and we know they would have been nightmares had we gone long-haul. So, you can still go abroad on a plane with the rotters, just keep it to a few hours.

In another two years we may do the first long-haul. This is the way it should be.
Moderation.

One thing people forget is it is not nice for the children/babies as well as the other passengers. Neither had a choice. Some parents need to travel, but most do not need to take young ones on long hauls. It is selfish when they do that. Everyone is impacted.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Another

[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 0:10]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:39 - Apr 16 with 2615 viewsingeminate

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:33 - Apr 16 by Deano19766

Another

[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 0:10]

Cant you just put headphones in and go to sleep?

You are coming across like a bit of an obsessive weirdo on this thread, is it really that important?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Babies and toddlers on planes (n/t) on 23:43 - Apr 16 with 2608 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:39 - Apr 16 by ingeminate

Cant you just put headphones in and go to sleep?

You are coming across like a bit of an obsessive weirdo on this thread, is it really that important?

I do try. If the parents were a little less forthright (i.e. it's their right to fly their kids around the globe, their brats are all that matters and to hell with what we have to put up with) then I'd probably say nothing. It's the sense of entitlement that p!sses me off (yes I fly a lot, and long distances). My faith has been restored by the two lads who have posted. They are far more likely to get my sympathy, and assistance, in difficult circumstances.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 23:54]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:54 - Apr 16 with 2591 viewsMancR

Bloody hell gang I was only having a bit of fun! But when handing over 2k it is rather frustrating to have a very uncomfortable flight.
Flying mid to long haul is hard work for all but nippers need regular sleep and crossing time zones screws this. You can't blame a two year old for not understanding what is going on and so they scream.
I will stick to my idea of a crèche being towed in the sky :)
Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:07 - Apr 17 with 2574 viewsOakR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:54 - Apr 16 by MancR

Bloody hell gang I was only having a bit of fun! But when handing over 2k it is rather frustrating to have a very uncomfortable flight.
Flying mid to long haul is hard work for all but nippers need regular sleep and crossing time zones screws this. You can't blame a two year old for not understanding what is going on and so they scream.

Fair enough , I think everyone understands your frustration, just sometimes nothing you can do about it.

I actually with our eldest when he was two prepped him for weeks beforehand literally, making a game out of check-in, passport control, putting seat belts on, the engine getting noisy etc. All went brilliantly, until 5 minutes after takeoff when they got a problem with the engine, we turned around and sat back in the airport for 4-5 hours, followed by then waiting 2 hours for the hire car when we landed due to so many flights landing at the same time. At that point, I was pretty much in agreement with just staying in the country...and it was only a 2 hour flight supposedly...

Next time, headphones, or use the free drinks onboard and return the favour with heavy sleep and heavy loud snoring.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:15 - Apr 17 with 2549 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:07 - Apr 17 by OakR

Fair enough , I think everyone understands your frustration, just sometimes nothing you can do about it.

I actually with our eldest when he was two prepped him for weeks beforehand literally, making a game out of check-in, passport control, putting seat belts on, the engine getting noisy etc. All went brilliantly, until 5 minutes after takeoff when they got a problem with the engine, we turned around and sat back in the airport for 4-5 hours, followed by then waiting 2 hours for the hire car when we landed due to so many flights landing at the same time. At that point, I was pretty much in agreement with just staying in the country...and it was only a 2 hour flight supposedly...

Next time, headphones, or use the free drinks onboard and return the favour with heavy sleep and heavy loud snoring.

"Heavy loud snoring". Yep fair point I suppose
Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:20 - Apr 17 with 2544 viewsDorse

'Babies And Toddlers On Planes' - the horrifying sequel to 'Snakes On A Plane'. Based on a true story.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:28 - Apr 17 with 2536 viewsHantsR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:54 - Apr 16 by MancR

Fair do. Have just said goodnight to my one day old grandson with his 1yr old brother sleeping soundly in the other room so feeling reminded of the days when I was obliged to take my own long distances to thire world countries. We were very sensitive to other passengers and most times our kids were a delight. I am very tolerant of children on flights as a result. It should be noted that many young children have to cry to equalise the pressure on their ears when changing altitude. Nighty night.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:24 - Apr 17 with 2490 viewsBluce_Ree

Taking kids on planes is fking shit. Look, I'm an adult and I don't like being on that shit. So how is a baby meant to react. By crying, screaming and fking up everyone's journey. I don't blame them at all. The parents need to be put on a no fly list though.

Have a baby? Lose your fking passport.

And I hate parent cnts who say they did it and their kid was good as gold. Fck you. You got lucky you selfish cnt. That's all. Your mewling kid screamed their podgy face off in Tesco like yesterday you cnt.

Look, you kid is like two or something. They don't need to be abroad. They certainly don't need to be in a pressurised flying can for ten hours.

You want to go away? Take the little bastard to Centre Parcs and fk that up for everyone there instead.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Babies and toddlers on planes (n/t) on 01:24 - Apr 17 with 2490 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes (n/t) on 20:54 - Apr 16 by Deano19766

Why should the OP have to put up with your kids screaming though? He didn't put them on the plane in fairness. And as for saying "it was hard work for us" - it was your choice to have your kids and then stick them in a flying tube. You made your bed, so surely you can't complain?

Sounds like you believe the rest of us should have to suffer the consequences of your lifestyle choices?
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 21:11]

Look ,i can pretend to have a bit of banter with you Deano but this subject of children you keep bringing up on LFW is not only wierd but i gotta say pretty offensive.
As a dad of 3 i know how hard it is to bring up kids, it's not just some lifestyle choice.
Nah sorry mate but if you carry on and i'll report you to the moderators and try and get you banned. I could send you a pm and tell you what i really think but lets be honest its really not worth it. You're just trolling end of the day. Your mum would be so proud.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:27 - Apr 17 with 2488 viewsPunteR

Those parents probably paid quadruple more than you mancR. Its you that needs to rethink.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:31 - Apr 17 with 2475 viewsDeepcutHoop

Actually planes are one of the few places I do have more sympathy with parents. There's nowhere to go.

Restaurants, shops etc there's no excuse not to take a screaming child outside and away from other people, but an awful lot of parents just give you the 'Whaddya gonna do?' shrug, or worse be pissed off you don't find it adorable :)

I'm more p***ed off at the moment at the morons who seem to have got together and decided that when parking at the side of the road, that the side of the car with the moving cars is the correct side to take your toddlers out of as slowly as possible. Idiots.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:37 - Apr 17 with 1915 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I read some news article a while ago that said some crafty parents were booking seats for themsleves in one part of the plane and booking seats for their kids as far away as they could
Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:41 - Apr 17 with 1912 viewsMrNITK

This subject has just come up after the kids Easter school holidays. I have kids and I'm not stupid enough to pay rip off prices. If you thick pr!cks with no kids want to go away on school holidays and pay three times the price you deserve all the screaming in the ear you get!!! 😉😉😉
Babies and toddlers on planes on 03:39 - Apr 17 with 1880 viewsDubaiR

I have a 18 month old daughter, we live in Dubai and she has been to 8 countries so far. She has family in France, UK and Hungary of course we are going to travel.

She is well behaved and sleeps most of the journey, normally has about 20 minutes where she gets frustrated and as parents we try and comfort her and make her laugh, it works and my wife is better at it than me.

What about adults? Rude to the staff, snore etc. If you pay 2k on a flight pay an extra 150 more and get some noise cancelling Bose headphones.

Maybe no one should be allowed to travel apart from Deano...what an absolute pR&@k
Babies and toddlers on planes on 07:25 - Apr 17 with 1836 viewsdanehoop

Babies and toddlers on planes on 03:39 - Apr 17 by DubaiR

I have a 18 month old daughter, we live in Dubai and she has been to 8 countries so far. She has family in France, UK and Hungary of course we are going to travel.

She is well behaved and sleeps most of the journey, normally has about 20 minutes where she gets frustrated and as parents we try and comfort her and make her laugh, it works and my wife is better at it than me.

What about adults? Rude to the staff, snore etc. If you pay 2k on a flight pay an extra 150 more and get some noise cancelling Bose headphones.

Maybe no one should be allowed to travel apart from Deano...what an absolute pR&@k

Spot on. Same situation as you Dubai with the added value of both of them being autistic. We have little choice but to travel, last think I want to do is sit in planes next to "kind and understanding people" like Deane who have no idea about my circumstances.

Luckily mine have been travelling since six months old and now mostly take it all in their stride. probably count on 2 or 3 times when my kids have been tearful on board. One time when went some middle aged chop faced dogs womb told my wife to make my son stopped crying. Didn't realise I was with her (obviously a big brave man like yourself dean). He was surprised when I walked over and explained to him very carefully that my son was disabled and a particular issue was concerning him, I also explained that you don't get to switch them off at will. Oh and he spoke to my wife, myself or any of my family again during the flight for anything at all it would be a very bad thing. To make it easier for him I was sitting next to him for the next 7 hours. He was surprisingly understanding after that.

To give a flavour of some of the issues I face when travelling with kids before you judge:

http://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/tmi/film.aspx

[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 8:11]

Never knowingly understood

Babies and toddlers on planes on 07:51 - Apr 17 with 1817 viewsBlackCrowe

No problem with little ones on flights. I did it with mine on many occasions. Are we really saying that parents can't travel whether it's holidays or visiting grandparents etc?

Of course now i shudder and the potential noise when there an infant or young toddler seated near me but noise cancelling headphones and good music or movies pretty negates any tantrums.

Do get p*ssed of with parents who don't do enough to placate when it does kick off though.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a biggie.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:05 - Apr 17 with 1801 viewsisawqpratwcity

Babies and toddlers on planes on 21:02 - Apr 16 by Deano19766

Why? Can you give some reasoning?
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 21:08]

Isn't the link between 'complete tosser' and having no kids of his own self-evident?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:17 - Apr 17 with 1789 viewsDubaiR

Dane, I used to volunteer for an art out reach programme for autistic children in Dubai and even went to Palestine to do the same.

Was one of the best and most rewarding experiences of my life.

Agree with comments made on lazy parents but you don't have to be a parent to be lazy and ignorant.

We are currently in Bologna, it was a work trip but wife and daughter joined me so we could stay on for the weekend. My daughter slept the whole flight shame some of the adults didn't do the same
Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:54 - Apr 17 with 1752 viewsCheshireR

In my experience transatlantic flights are more often disrupted by overweight, overbearing, self-opinionated Americans than by kids.
The airlines seem to deliberately sit them behind me every time.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:05 - Apr 17 with 1677 viewshoops_legend

Babies and toddlers on planes on 01:24 - Apr 17 by Bluce_Ree

Taking kids on planes is fking shit. Look, I'm an adult and I don't like being on that shit. So how is a baby meant to react. By crying, screaming and fking up everyone's journey. I don't blame them at all. The parents need to be put on a no fly list though.

Have a baby? Lose your fking passport.

And I hate parent cnts who say they did it and their kid was good as gold. Fck you. You got lucky you selfish cnt. That's all. Your mewling kid screamed their podgy face off in Tesco like yesterday you cnt.

Look, you kid is like two or something. They don't need to be abroad. They certainly don't need to be in a pressurised flying can for ten hours.

You want to go away? Take the little bastard to Centre Parcs and fk that up for everyone there instead.

What a miserable bunch of people we have here and so english.. the whole plane should sit in perfect silence the whole journey right? If anyone dares go outside the social boundaries and make a noise we should stare and tut and then complain later in social media!

Kids are kids and if they cry then thats the way it is - if you cant put up with that then you have some serious issues. I will take my one year old on a flight in june and he might cry for 5 mins but i would expect our bubba will get more smiles from passengers than angry people like yourselves..

Ps. Stop being so miserable, enjoy life and accept that kids may cry a little.. what impact ultimately does that have on ypur life

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:16 - Apr 17 with 1645 viewsQPRDave

It's the f**king terrorists that put me off....b**tards. Standing up the front shouting and giving out orders like they own the bl**dy plane....All, look at me, look at me with my Kalashnikov, and fancy belt!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 10:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024