Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Disorder in Southport 21:54 - Jul 30 with 21942 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/30/southport-attack-live-children-injur

All kicking off in Southport and in other parts of the country. This could unfortunately develop. A terrible tragedy, related to Islamist terrorist apparently. Mosques being attacked across the country. Its being kept quiet, but the killer is apparently a Muslim but the lack of information is not helping. National Front far right jumping on the bandwagon. The community wants answers..
[Post edited 30 Jul 22:07]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 15:40 - Aug 7 with 1650 viewsJellybaby

Serious Disorder in Southport on 11:25 - Aug 7 by saintmark1976

A very thoughtful and illuminating contribution saint901 which must have taken you considerable time to compose and deliver. Thank you.

I’m sure many who read it will compare your efforts with that of the contributor who for reasons known only to himself thought to enlighten us all by posting a picture of a doll in a box. If ever proof of Mark Twains expression “ Never argue with stupid people because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” was required, we now have no need to look any further.

The length of post from my good friend 901 does remind me of another Mark Twain quote when writing to his wife I believe " I apologize for such a long letter, I didn't have time to write a short one".

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:00 - Aug 7 with 1622 viewsfranniesTache

Gotta be honest i'm properly annoyed that the far right have decided to target my local area today, means i can't walk the dogs to the park as i normally would as the area is full of police.

Why they have to travel to a place that doesn't want them around and they have no business being in i don't understand, everyone is absolutely fine with each other where i am, it's so depressing these sh*t stirring w*nkers feel the need to bring their hate here.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:52 - Aug 7 with 1505 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 15:29 - Aug 7 by saint901

I do have a bias against people I consider damage the image of the UK.

(More precisely perhaps what I think that image should be).

I am not a fan of what I call "digital politics" whereby Mr X is always right and Mr Y is always wrong. Nothing in politics is ever that simple.

I'm also not a fan of people who use our Parliamentary system (and other systems) to boost their own image.

Accordingly I am not keen on Farage who uses his privilege as an MP to push a series of views and opinions that make it look as though the UK should be a closed society with its doors firmly closed to all comers.

I was not keen on Corbyn who wanted us to become a satellite of Russia. I am not keen on MPs who cannot or will not think for themselves and we can add names to that list as our prejudices lie.

So not Farage for me. He won votes because many Tory voters think that is where the Tory party should be - and that worries me.

Farage and Reform campaigned for controlled immigration which if done well would be better than the random immigration we are currently experiencing.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:57 - Aug 7 with 1486 viewsSaintEPW

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:22 - Aug 6 by saintmark1976

Today listening to Radio 4 News at 17.00.

It appears that in the vast majority of cases the mindless thugs brought to court over the last few days are being remanded to custody, with their cases to be dealt with at some date in the future, even though they were entering pleas of not guilty.

Suggested also that given the current poor state of the Prison Service re overcrowding, there was no guarantee that they would be remanded to custody anywhere near their home address.

Also mentioned that the current head of the Crown Prosecution Service would, if sufficient evidence was available, apply for extradition and return of any suspects who were not currently residing in the UK.

If we need more facilities for holding people who been convicted of violence - based on evidence - then perhaps we should get the Bibby Stockholm Barge to help out :)
Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:41 - Aug 7 with 1406 viewssaint22

https://apple.news/AJeGOrLnRQkC-8UNPl4NZEg
Serious Disorder in Southport on 21:58 - Aug 7 with 1303 viewsHeisenberg

Been out tonight at a counter demo. Great party atmosphere people coming together. Few idiots but nothing serious. All very chilled. Hope not Hate will always win.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 22:59 - Aug 7 with 1245 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 21:58 - Aug 7 by Heisenberg

Been out tonight at a counter demo. Great party atmosphere people coming together. Few idiots but nothing serious. All very chilled. Hope not Hate will always win.

Looks like the rights arsehole has gone.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:00 - Aug 7 with 1243 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:57 - Aug 7 by SaintEPW

If we need more facilities for holding people who been convicted of violence - based on evidence - then perhaps we should get the Bibby Stockholm Barge to help out :)

We could always send them to Rwanda, watch them scream human rights if that did happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 1235 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:41 - Aug 7 by saint22

https://apple.news/AJeGOrLnRQkC-8UNPl4NZEg

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:11 - Aug 8 with 1096 viewsJellybaby

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:30 - Aug 7 by saint901

I've seen various bonkers conspiracy theories being bandied about on other social media platforms. Like most such theories being posted, if you ask the individuals for proof, either of what they're saying or the research they've done to arrive at their own conclusion, you get either silence or a repetition of the same nonsense.
It seems that people love to be told what to think and do and this is why "Timmy, the nice lad from down the street who would not hurt a fly", is now throwing bricks at the police.
These people are incapable of original thought and love to be told by those with a carefully hidden agenda, that they are being robbed of value by [immigrants/gays/brown people - insert favourite group to hate here] and need to "take action". Interesting to note of course that none of the generals are anywhere near the front line and if a few hundred foot soldiers end up paying the price in fines or prison time, it's all "for the cause".
Now we see deranged billionaire Musk claiming that the UK has a two tier system. Last I looked he does not live here, knows little about us except that we have several million people willing to pay him money. He is, I suggest, tending toward the right wing because dictators can influence/instruct their sheep to buy his products.
The tragic incident of a UK born individual who has brown skin and clearly is seriously ill and who has perpetrated a horrendous crime, has been hijacked by the far right and bloated by their lies and misinformation.
I have no idea if that individual claims to follow the rules of Christianity or Islam or Buddha or Jackanory. It should not matter. But it does, because the far right love to conflate religion and acts of violence as some sort of justification for their supporters to terrify those already here because of terror.
All of the people I know who claim to be Muslim (wholly or partly) find that the hate being preached in the name of the prophet to be a grotesque twisting of the central message of the religion. The days of Muslim scholars saying that everybody should be Muslim and if not, should be forced to be or be killed, really ended with the Crusades in the 12th century. Do we really think that those ideas still hold sway 900 years later?
Sadly, people love to be sheep and be led around because it's easier than thinking. Until that ends, Timmy from down the street will collect a criminal record and live on benefits all his life because he makes himself unemployable. And the leaders and supporters of such actions - Yaxley/Lennon, Andrew Tate, Laurence Fox, Farage - are very happy to sacrifice Timmy from down the street to their cause.

And the leaders and supporters of such actions - Yaxley/Lennon, Andrew Tate, Laurence Fox, Farage - are very happy to sacrifice Timmy from down the street to their cause.

Who is funding these people 901, they are not the leaders, they are being funded. In the case of Fox it is Jeremy Hosking. For Farage it may well be Peter Thiel. You need to look beyond these bad actors, they are globalist shills and get paid handsomely for it. (The same happens on the left, I have no bias). If the establishment wanted to close their voices down, it would be done in an instant, but they don't, because politics always employs the Hegalian dialect, or was that one of the conspiracy theories you dismissed in favour of the narrative being spoon fed to you?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:35 - Aug 8 with 1037 viewsUTS1885

There was never going to be any far right riots from this one post on social media app. I don’t know how the national media fell for it. In doing so they created huge hysteria and fear around the country. Locally the Daily Echo was a total disgrace running a front page based on this hoax post.
[Post edited 8 Aug 11:56]
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 1008 viewsdirk_doone

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:35 - Aug 8 by UTS1885

There was never going to be any far right riots from this one post on social media app. I don’t know how the national media fell for it. In doing so they created huge hysteria and fear around the country. Locally the Daily Echo was a total disgrace running a front page based on this hoax post.
[Post edited 8 Aug 11:56]

It wasn't a hoax. It's just that the little mob of nutters and gullible fools that has been travelling around the country causing trouble had its resources stretched too far last night and found there was little or no local support for them around the country. The police were stationed at all the entrances to Grosvenor Square at 7pm last night, when I walked through it, but there were no rioters. Apparently, only one turned up and made his presence known. The only group I saw on my way to the stadium was about 50 of the counter demonstrators in East Park and they were quiet and peaceful. After the game, there was nothing. In fact, the city centre was quieter than usual last night.

A lot of the stirring on social media has been done by the Russians.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/would-be-rioters-get-police-protection-afte
[Post edited 8 Aug 11:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:44 - Aug 8 with 942 viewssaint901

Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:52 - Aug 7 by Bazza

Farage and Reform campaigned for controlled immigration which if done well would be better than the random immigration we are currently experiencing.

I think the ratio of "controlled", i.e. legal immigrants vs uncontrolled/illegal immigrants is about 9:1.

I suggest that is not "random"?
Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:52 - Aug 8 with 928 viewssaint901

Well as you know Mr Jellybaby, I'm a sucker for being spoon fed any old nonsense that maintains the status quo.

Or as I like to call it, acting on on provable facts as opposed to the philosophy spouted by others with no proof (despite being asked many times).

Do you think that there is a conspiracy running that says if enough conspiracy theories are started and there are enough gullible people to believe and spread them, then the real conspiracy (the ruling of the world by an unidentified elite) will go unnoticed?

Good job we have some alert watchers to warn us - but who watches the watchers?

Anyway, the point you raised. Yes the funders could be stopped but I suggest that you read the tag line to your posts which is about protecting freedom of speech.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:06 - Aug 8 with 888 viewsUTS1885

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:37 - Aug 8 by dirk_doone

It wasn't a hoax. It's just that the little mob of nutters and gullible fools that has been travelling around the country causing trouble had its resources stretched too far last night and found there was little or no local support for them around the country. The police were stationed at all the entrances to Grosvenor Square at 7pm last night, when I walked through it, but there were no rioters. Apparently, only one turned up and made his presence known. The only group I saw on my way to the stadium was about 50 of the counter demonstrators in East Park and they were quiet and peaceful. After the game, there was nothing. In fact, the city centre was quieter than usual last night.

A lot of the stirring on social media has been done by the Russians.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/would-be-rioters-get-police-protection-afte
[Post edited 8 Aug 11:57]

Sorry, it was a simple post on telegram and there are loads like that, the media fell for it and created wholesale fear over nothing. The offices listed also have nothing to do with asylum immigration. There is no group travelling around the country. Several years back again a simple post on internet claimed an EDL march was going to happen in Southampton, it didn’t. I fully expected to see a couple of hundred Corbyn types on the counter, who also fell for it. The daily echo are mugs and the rainbow waving editor is totally clueless about our city.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:33 - Aug 8 with 870 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:44 - Aug 8 by saint901

I think the ratio of "controlled", i.e. legal immigrants vs uncontrolled/illegal immigrants is about 9:1.

Some time back I recall posting that the number of legal immigrants into the UK for the year ending February 2023 was 672000. Latest figures suggest that the annual number of asylum seekers arriving across the English Channel was in the mid 30000s.

On the basis of the above the ratio is in fact in excess of 20:1.

Either way round it’s absolutely clear that as you point out the word random doesn’t apply.

What we have here is a classic example of the old expression “ Never let the facts get in the way of a good story”. Unfortunately, nowadays more and more people can’t be bothered to check the facts before believing the story.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:34 - Aug 8 with 870 viewsfranniesTache

Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:06 - Aug 8 by UTS1885

Sorry, it was a simple post on telegram and there are loads like that, the media fell for it and created wholesale fear over nothing. The offices listed also have nothing to do with asylum immigration. There is no group travelling around the country. Several years back again a simple post on internet claimed an EDL march was going to happen in Southampton, it didn’t. I fully expected to see a couple of hundred Corbyn types on the counter, who also fell for it. The daily echo are mugs and the rainbow waving editor is totally clueless about our city.

irregardless of if the original telegram post was "real" or not given the current climate and actions of the far right the police had to take it seriously, because had it been real and disorder had broken out they'd have been hammered for not being there.

So if it wasn't ever meant to be real then the person sharing it should be done with wasting police time.

As for the counter protests, well i think what we saw wasn't a bunch of Corybistas, it was the silent majority in this country who are done with the hate these people are peddling.

All across the country people came out in numbers to say enough is enough, peacefully. The numbers we saw all over showed that the majority don't support this hatred, this targeted attack on communities, the police and businesses and that the values they represent aren't the values of this country and our people.

Whether it was real or not matters not one bit to me, i was proud to see people in this country reject hate and terror.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:13 - Aug 8 with 827 viewsJellybaby

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:52 - Aug 8 by saint901

Well as you know Mr Jellybaby, I'm a sucker for being spoon fed any old nonsense that maintains the status quo.

Or as I like to call it, acting on on provable facts as opposed to the philosophy spouted by others with no proof (despite being asked many times).

Do you think that there is a conspiracy running that says if enough conspiracy theories are started and there are enough gullible people to believe and spread them, then the real conspiracy (the ruling of the world by an unidentified elite) will go unnoticed?

Good job we have some alert watchers to warn us - but who watches the watchers?

Anyway, the point you raised. Yes the funders could be stopped but I suggest that you read the tag line to your posts which is about protecting freedom of speech.

I didn't say anywhere that free speech should be impeded. I was saying that these messengers COULD be closed down if TPTB wanted them to be, but they don't. I think we all know that those who support/don't condemn the riots are the same ones that support the genocide in Palestine and they have wealthy backers...

Your denial of corruption in high places is kind of sweet 901. If you think Sleepy Jo was really in charge of the most powerful country in the Western world and there were no shadowy figures behind him pulling the strings then that is fine, keep on believing.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:15 - Aug 8 with 765 viewsUTS1885

I dont agree with the majority of what Tommy Robinson says and certainly his past. But there are clear issues in some of the things he says. those issues have also been echoed around the country by hundreds of thousands of others voting UKIP or brexit. Hes going to be banged up soon on some bullshit charge thats for sure. I do urge people to view the 'silenced' docu hes done as it shows, what a total stiich up the so called 'courts of justice' have become. He will be another political prisoner like Julian Assange for exposing the establishment.
[Post edited 8 Aug 17:09]
Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:39 - Aug 8 with 747 views1885_SFC

I think there will still be bad times ahead from the trouble makers, alas.

There's the case of those two brothers at Manchester Airport for instance. If the authorities go ahead and prosecute them, despite one being kicked in the head & stamped on, then I can see angry young Muslim mobs taking to the streets in protest at police brutality. Likewise, if they don't prosecute the brothers for breaking a policewoman's nose etc, then the far right yobs will have all the ammunition they need to protest about two-tier policing.

Then there's the Tommy Robinson issue. He's currently on holiday in Cyprus of course. When he (eventually) returns, I have no doubt that the police will want to question him about fuelling the fire from his videos posted while abroad. If he does get arrested on his return, then that will be the catalyst for his many supporters to go on the rampage, seeing their 'hero' marched off in handcuffs.

Old School is Cool

Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 694 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:44 - Aug 8 by saint901

Numbers of egal immigration is currently somewhat 'random' dependent on those who qualify and happen to apply.
I was meaning by controlled - immigrants to be accepted on basis of defined job vacancies/requirements of the UK. Not just the influx of legal immigrants who are being accepted currently. That is matching supply of legal immigration with UK demand whether it be for doctors or shelf stackers. Obviously legal supply limits would change as UK requirements change.

i meantontrolled
Serious Disorder in Southport on 21:22 - Aug 8 with 626 views1885_SFC

Le Tiss gives his thoughts on the issue...

Old School is Cool

Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:05 - Aug 8 with 583 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 00:06 - Aug 9 with 544 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:39 - Aug 8 by 1885_SFC

There's the case of those two brothers at Manchester Airport for instance. If the authorities go ahead and prosecute them, despite one being kicked in the head & stamped on, then I can see angry young Muslim mobs taking to the streets in protest at police brutality. Likewise, if they don't prosecute the brothers for breaking a policewoman's nose etc, then the far right yobs will have all the ammunition they need to protest about two-tier policing.

Then there's the Tommy Robinson issue. He's currently on holiday in Cyprus of course. When he (eventually) returns, I have no doubt that the police will want to question him about fuelling the fire from his videos posted while abroad. If he does get arrested on his return, then that will be the catalyst for his many supporters to go on the rampage, seeing their 'hero' marched off in handcuffs.

They won't, now they are getting banged up their arseholes have gone.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:38 - Aug 9 with 456 viewsSalisburySaint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:39 - Aug 8 by 1885_SFC

Tommy Robinson posted the precise times and venues of the first protests / riots, he will certainly get jailed if he ever returns to this country, which he is currently on the run from (not on holiday), after failing to attend a court appearance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024