Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grants return 21:34 - Feb 27 with 3032 viewsonedalefan

Am I right in thinking that if Grant returns on Saturday and gets booked, it means he gets a 2 match suspension for 10 bookings in a season? Would mean 10 games missed since he signed.
Grants return on 21:40 - Feb 27 with 2359 views442Dale

2 game ban if he gets to 10 bookings.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Grants return on 23:00 - Feb 27 with 2231 viewsboromat

the OS says Grant has had 7 yellows in the league and 1 in a cup

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Grants return on 23:03 - Feb 27 with 2223 viewsDale92

doesnt the yellow cards rule reset after new year? surely he cant have 9 bookings from january

This is the One, I've waited for

Grants return on 23:06 - Feb 27 with 2216 viewsphomem

Grants return on 23:00 - Feb 27 by boromat

the OS says Grant has had 7 yellows in the league and 1 in a cup

He has bookings from his time at scunny which take the total up
Grants return on 23:09 - Feb 27 with 2217 viewsboromat

Grants return on 23:03 - Feb 27 by Dale92

doesnt the yellow cards rule reset after new year? surely he cant have 9 bookings from january

Only resets if you don't get the 5 card suspension. I think.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Grants return on 00:29 - Feb 28 with 2170 viewsShun

I'll start laughing and crying simultaneously if this happens on Saturday.
Grants return on 03:07 - Feb 28 with 2146 viewsAtThePeake

Furthermore proof that Grant needs to go.

People are happy to fire Grimes off, but give Grant another go? Grimes has a terrible attitude, agreed. He is petulant, fussy, and won't work hard enough for the team. Whereas Grant is petulant, frustrating, and makes ridiculous decisions. I'd rather have a player here who doesn't work hard but can be on the pitch than a player whose wages we're paying to sit in the stand cause he can't stop himself from picking up suspensions.

Tangled up in blue.

Grants return on 08:06 - Feb 28 with 2077 viewsSuddenLad

Grants return on 03:07 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

People are happy to fire Grimes off, but give Grant another go? Grimes has a terrible attitude, agreed. He is petulant, fussy, and won't work hard enough for the team. Whereas Grant is petulant, frustrating, and makes ridiculous decisions. I'd rather have a player here who doesn't work hard but can be on the pitch than a player whose wages we're paying to sit in the stand cause he can't stop himself from picking up suspensions.

I don't want anyone at Spotland who doesn't work hard. The Grimes thing has been done to death. Grant works hard but has a disciplinary problem, which hopefully with help from Keith Hill, he can sort out.

Shirkers will never be workers and Grimes has had plenty of opportunity to mend his ways. He's been like that for 2 seasons. Hope of a change went a long time ago.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Grants return on 08:58 - Feb 28 with 2036 viewsBlameablerope82

Grants return on 03:07 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

Look at how much we have struggled without Grant. He is the one player we have with genuine quality. Yes he had discipline problems but so did Holt at times (got 15 yellow cards in one season). Im sure Hilly will sort that side of his game out.
Grants return on 09:31 - Feb 28 with 1995 viewsTTNYear

Grants return on 08:58 - Feb 28 by Blameablerope82

Look at how much we have struggled without Grant. He is the one player we have with genuine quality. Yes he had discipline problems but so did Holt at times (got 15 yellow cards in one season). Im sure Hilly will sort that side of his game out.

Am I the only one who is not interested in this reply but only in why the user name?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Grants return on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 1950 viewsSwissdale

Grants return on 08:58 - Feb 28 by Blameablerope82

Totally agree, ludicrous that people are calling for him to be out the club. The Holt comparison is pretty accurate, but Grant does seem to totally lose his head more often, whereas Holt seemed to had more of a mouth on him and a bad reputation with referees.

The one worry I have with Grant is that he's one of 'Coleman's scouse boys', will other managers be able to get the best out of him?
Grants return on 10:24 - Feb 28 with 1937 viewsAtThePeake

Yeah, Grimes has had more chances to change his ways, but not under Keith Hill.

Should be a fresh start under a new manager, and if you feel that Hill can change Grant's ways, then why don't you feel he can change Grimes'?

Tangled up in blue.

Grants return on 10:45 - Feb 28 with 1911 viewsBlameablerope82

Grants return on 10:24 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

Yeah, Grimes has had more chances to change his ways, but not under Keith Hill.

Should be a fresh start under a new manager, and if you feel that Hill can change Grant's ways, then why don't you feel he can change Grimes'?

Just when I have watched the two players Grant is always trying to make things happen. Grimes is the total opposite in my opinion, his head goes down when we are struggling and his body language says it all, although I would be delighted if he proved me wrong.
Grants return on 10:56 - Feb 28 with 1900 viewsMass_Debater

Grants return on 00:29 - Feb 28 by Shun

I'll start laughing and crying simultaneously if this happens on Saturday.

Me 2.
Grants return on 10:59 - Feb 28 with 1895 viewsAtThePeake

Grants return on 10:45 - Feb 28 by Blameablerope82

Just when I have watched the two players Grant is always trying to make things happen. Grimes is the total opposite in my opinion, his head goes down when we are struggling and his body language says it all, although I would be delighted if he proved me wrong.

Surely not always, seeing as a large percentage of the time he's in the stand...

They're both really good technically at this level. They both have mental flaws when it comes to the game.

I don't understand why people think that Hill can get the best out of Grant with time, but not with Grimes.

Tangled up in blue.

Grants return on 15:17 - Feb 28 with 1714 viewsD_Alien

Grants return on 10:59 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

Surely not always, seeing as a large percentage of the time he's in the stand...

They're both really good technically at this level. They both have mental flaws when it comes to the game.

I don't understand why people think that Hill can get the best out of Grant with time, but not with Grimes.

Because with Grant its about curbing an instinct (training), whereas with Grimes its about dragging something out of him that quite possibly just isn't there?

I don't necessarily subscribe to the above theory, but thats what the difference is.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grant's return on 17:02 - Feb 28 with 1625 viewsD_Dale

Grants return on 23:09 - Feb 27 by boromat

Only resets if you don't get the 5 card suspension. I think.

There's also the shadow of the D&R player's allegation, over six weeks ago. After 4 goals in the last 8 games (compared with 14 in the previous 8) there's an obvious need for players who'll find the net. As well as Grant, maybe Henderson will be fit enough to start at Morecambe.
Grant's return on 17:06 - Feb 28 with 1621 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Grant's return on 17:02 - Feb 28 by D_Dale

There's also the shadow of the D&R player's allegation, over six weeks ago. After 4 goals in the last 8 games (compared with 14 in the previous 8) there's an obvious need for players who'll find the net. As well as Grant, maybe Henderson will be fit enough to start at Morecambe.

I wonder if Grant was over at Valley Parade last night to watch the Darling Daggers Hoyt?

Hope it's all forgotten about now.
Grants return on 17:41 - Feb 28 with 1583 viewsShun

Grants return on 09:31 - Feb 28 by TTNYear

Am I the only one who is not interested in this reply but only in why the user name?

Also très curious.
Grants return on 18:34 - Feb 28 with 1530 viewsolympicdale

I too am amazed that people seem to support Grant but give Grimes a hard time, they are the two most talented players in the squad, but as has been said, at least we can rely on Grimes staying on the pitch, and played alongside Grant, will score just as many goals.

Grant is a liability at the moment, you find yourself just waiting for his next outburst, im not sure its going to be as easy as people seem to think to coax that side of his game out, I think thats who he is, hense why he has yet to make it at a higher level, or under any manager other than Coleman, who seemed oblivious to this side of his game, seemingly encouraging it.

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 18:39 - Feb 28 with 1519 viewsolympicdale

Grants return on 15:17 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Because with Grant its about curbing an instinct (training), whereas with Grimes its about dragging something out of him that quite possibly just isn't there?

I don't necessarily subscribe to the above theory, but thats what the difference is.

What are you referring to regarding Grimes, his ability in front of goal is certainly up with Grant, playing alongside each other in a front two, would bag at least 30 goals between them. The biggest thing with Grimes is his seemingly inability to adapt to other positions, where as Grant has that attitude of i will play wherever I'm asked to, and does put a shift in, but quality wise there isnt much between them, Id love to have them both as our strike force, but I fear we will never see it.

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 18:46 - Feb 28 with 1508 viewsdale_spotland

Grants return on 18:39 - Feb 28 by olympicdale

What are you referring to regarding Grimes, his ability in front of goal is certainly up with Grant, playing alongside each other in a front two, would bag at least 30 goals between them. The biggest thing with Grimes is his seemingly inability to adapt to other positions, where as Grant has that attitude of i will play wherever I'm asked to, and does put a shift in, but quality wise there isnt much between them, Id love to have them both as our strike force, but I fear we will never see it.

By any chance are you Mrs Grimes?

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Grants return on 18:50 - Feb 28 with 1503 viewsolympicdale

Grants return on 18:46 - Feb 28 by dale_spotland

By any chance are you Mrs Grimes?

your trying to jump on that bandwagon too eh...please, get yourself your own song.

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 18:56 - Feb 28 with 1492 viewsD_Alien

Grants return on 18:39 - Feb 28 by olympicdale

I'm referring to people thinking Hilly might be able to coach the unnecessary aggression out of Grant, as opposed to trying to put something into Grimes' game which perhaps he hasn't got in him - 100% effort per game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grants return on 19:02 - Feb 28 with 1478 viewsdale_spotland

Grants return on 18:50 - Feb 28 by olympicdale

your trying to jump on that bandwagon too eh...please, get yourself your own song.

Haha ok flower

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024