Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grants return 21:34 - Feb 27 with 3033 viewsonedalefan

Am I right in thinking that if Grant returns on Saturday and gets booked, it means he gets a 2 match suspension for 10 bookings in a season? Would mean 10 games missed since he signed.
Grants return on 19:10 - Feb 28 with 663 viewsColDale

Grant's first ten games of the season brought just one yellow card. That to me suggests that it is something that can be controlled.
Grants return on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 647 viewsolympicdale

Grants return on 18:56 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

I'm referring to people thinking Hilly might be able to coach the unnecessary aggression out of Grant, as opposed to trying to put something into Grimes' game which perhaps he hasn't got in him - 100% effort per game.

I dont think thats going to be very easy on both counts. Grant will always have this in his game, it might be able to be controlled to an extent, but deep down he will always have this in his locker, co incidentally, Grimes will never be one of those strikers who will chase everything down etc, he's a good finisher, and as such will do his best work in and around the box, two strikers with totally different approaches to the game, but in my eyes, of similar skill.

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 19:29 - Feb 28 with 624 viewsD_Alien

Grants return on 19:14 - Feb 28 by olympicdale

I dont think thats going to be very easy on both counts. Grant will always have this in his game, it might be able to be controlled to an extent, but deep down he will always have this in his locker, co incidentally, Grimes will never be one of those strikers who will chase everything down etc, he's a good finisher, and as such will do his best work in and around the box, two strikers with totally different approaches to the game, but in my eyes, of similar skill.

You're continuing to miss the point OD

You asked the question - why do some people think Hilly can get the best out of Grant, but not out of Grimes, as if they're being unfair.

I'm answering with regard to taking something out which is there (undue aggression), rather than trying to put something in which isn't there (effort). In an earlier post, I said I wasn't subscribing to the theory that this couldn't be done (in Grimes case).

I'm simply trying to illustrate to you why people might be thinking in a certain way.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grants return on 19:41 - Feb 28 with 602 viewsolympicdale

Grants return on 19:29 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

You're continuing to miss the point OD

You asked the question - why do some people think Hilly can get the best out of Grant, but not out of Grimes, as if they're being unfair.

I'm answering with regard to taking something out which is there (undue aggression), rather than trying to put something in which isn't there (effort). In an earlier post, I said I wasn't subscribing to the theory that this couldn't be done (in Grimes case).

I'm simply trying to illustrate to you why people might be thinking in a certain way.

some people will say that taking something away from a players game, i.e Grant, is easier than adding something that doesnt exist, with Grimes. It all boils down to attitude, they have to want to change, to adapt.

I do get what your saying, and I do believe if anyone can curb it, it will be Hill, but he will be on a stern warning, Grant, to cut it out of his game, no matter how good he is, he's a waste on the touchlines. Grimes will have to be more of a team player to succeed with Hill, I doubt if he is that flexible to change his style though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 19:49 - Feb 28 with 591 viewsD_Alien

Grants return on 19:41 - Feb 28 by olympicdale

some people will say that taking something away from a players game, i.e Grant, is easier than adding something that doesnt exist, with Grimes. It all boils down to attitude, they have to want to change, to adapt.

I do get what your saying, and I do believe if anyone can curb it, it will be Hill, but he will be on a stern warning, Grant, to cut it out of his game, no matter how good he is, he's a waste on the touchlines. Grimes will have to be more of a team player to succeed with Hill, I doubt if he is that flexible to change his style though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"some people will say that taking something away from a players game, i.e Grant, is easier than adding something that doesnt exist, with Grimes"

The point being... if it doesn't exist, its not just difficult to add this to his game, but perhaps impossible.

A brilliant lead guitarist is no longer brilliant if someone chops his hands off. A crap guitarist can practice till the cows come home but will never be brilliant.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grants return on 20:10 - Feb 28 with 573 viewsolympicdale

Grants return on 19:49 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

"some people will say that taking something away from a players game, i.e Grant, is easier than adding something that doesnt exist, with Grimes"

The point being... if it doesn't exist, its not just difficult to add this to his game, but perhaps impossible.

A brilliant lead guitarist is no longer brilliant if someone chops his hands off. A crap guitarist can practice till the cows come home but will never be brilliant.

are you also saying that if we take the sharpness out of Grants game, he wont be as effective, in that the edge to his game, makes him who he is.

as I said I dont believe Grimes will ever be a workhorse, he doesnt have it in him, people stating that Grimes will become more of a worker with Hill in charge I feel is way off, but its all about attitude, its whether the player wants to be able to adapt to change his style.

Life is a game of fate.

Grants return on 23:11 - Feb 28 with 525 viewsNotEyreClue

Grants return on 03:07 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

Furthermore proof that Grant needs to go.

People are happy to fire Grimes off, but give Grant another go? Grimes has a terrible attitude, agreed. He is petulant, fussy, and won't work hard enough for the team. Whereas Grant is petulant, frustrating, and makes ridiculous decisions. I'd rather have a player here who doesn't work hard but can be on the pitch than a player whose wages we're paying to sit in the stand cause he can't stop himself from picking up suspensions.

Regardless of your opinions on Grant, we need him right now and on balance, playing him is worth the risk.

He's no David Philip Perkins though.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024