Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field substitution 19:53 - Oct 19 with 4281 viewsLogman

Not going to kick the can at Marti in public but that was a strange one. Thought any one of the 3 CB's should have been withdrawn at that stage.

Saito however did well when he came on
[Post edited 19 Oct 19:53]
Sam Field substitution on 19:54 - Oct 19 with 3409 viewsnumptydumpty

Wasn't it Morgan in his place

Field hasn't played well himself and actually the young guy coming on did well

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sam Field substitution on 19:57 - Oct 19 with 3364 viewsLogman

Yes, I know it was Morgan for Sam. I just thought at that time it should have been any one of the three centre backs off.
Sam Field substitution on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 3354 viewsNortholt_Rs

This. Madsen should’ve be been dragged off. It’s like playing with 10 men. Bloke offers nothing at all. Once again we had a completely non-existent midfield. We are easily the worst side in the division.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sam Field substitution on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 3346 viewsMick_S

I think he did very well. Never hid, always looking forwards. Some things didn’t quite work, but a decent start. The best of luck to him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sam Field substitution on 20:22 - Oct 19 with 3131 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Field had been booked. Hence, taken off as he had just clattered someone again.
Sam Field substitution on 20:25 - Oct 19 with 3106 viewsLogman

Yeah, he did OK. But one of the 3 CB's had to go. Having those 3 on the park was up at that stage. One of them had to go.
Sam Field substitution on 20:33 - Oct 19 with 3027 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sam Field substitution on 20:25 - Oct 19 by Logman

Yeah, he did OK. But one of the 3 CB's had to go. Having those 3 on the park was up at that stage. One of them had to go.

He switched Dunne to right back by removing Ashby.
Sam Field substitution on 21:10 - Oct 19 with 2835 viewsstainrods_elbow

No idea why Saito isn't geting a start with the dreck we've been served up so far. I would start him, Morgan and Alfie alongside Frey on Tuesday, and Varane, unconvincing as he's been, probably also needs to come back in. Madsen and Andersen should consider themselves lucky even to make the bench.

Poll: How many points will we take from our next 3 games (S'land H, M'bro H, Leeds A)?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field substitution on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 2822 viewscorse

Based on what ive seen this season im wondering how the hell field is still hanging on at the starting XI. He has been terrible.
Sam Field substitution on 21:15 - Oct 19 with 2792 viewsthehat

He was on a yellow card and was a whisker away from getting a second.

He had to come off before he was sent off.
Sam Field substitution on 21:20 - Oct 19 with 2763 viewsKiko

As others have said, Field was a walking red card by the point he was taken off and was lucky to still be on the pitch.

The one I find boggling was keeping Fox on the pitch. It was clear after the first 20 minutes that he was not up to it today and a mistake waiting to happen. His head completely dropped after their first goal.
Sam Field substitution on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 2735 viewsMick_S

Sam Field substitution on 21:10 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

No idea why Saito isn't geting a start with the dreck we've been served up so far. I would start him, Morgan and Alfie alongside Frey on Tuesday, and Varane, unconvincing as he's been, probably also needs to come back in. Madsen and Andersen should consider themselves lucky even to make the bench.

From what I’ve seen, when he starts, and we’re doing our 20 minute good thing, he looks fantastic. Gets a clump or two and then fades, as the whole team do. Gets hooked.

Comes on today for the last twenty, and looks like he should be starting.

My head hurts.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sam Field substitution on 21:25 - Oct 19 with 2709 viewsHunterhoop

Sam Field substitution on 19:58 - Oct 19 by Northolt_Rs

This. Madsen should’ve be been dragged off. It’s like playing with 10 men. Bloke offers nothing at all. Once again we had a completely non-existent midfield. We are easily the worst side in the division.

Spot on. Field was having a decent game. Him and Frey were the only respectively performances to that point. Possibly Dembele too.

Taking off three of your best players felt odd.
Sam Field substitution on 21:43 - Oct 19 with 2622 viewsMrSheen

Sam Field substitution on 21:20 - Oct 19 by Kiko

As others have said, Field was a walking red card by the point he was taken off and was lucky to still be on the pitch.

The one I find boggling was keeping Fox on the pitch. It was clear after the first 20 minutes that he was not up to it today and a mistake waiting to happen. His head completely dropped after their first goal.

Marti might say he was trying to boost his confidence by keeping him on, but it struck me as self-destructive stubbornness. Anyone can have a bad day, but the coach has to correct his own error by taking him out.
Sam Field substitution on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 2546 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sam Field substitution on 21:25 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

Spot on. Field was having a decent game. Him and Frey were the only respectively performances to that point. Possibly Dembele too.

Taking off three of your best players felt odd.

Field had been booked: based on our weak as piss midfield we could not afford him being sent off and suspended.
Chair looked like a pre-planned sub around the 60 min mark as he clearly wasn’t match fit enough to play the whole game.
Bit of a stretch to call Ashby one of our best players based on what we’ve seen so far:
Sam Field substitution on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 2543 viewsPaddyhoops

Sam Field substitution on 21:13 - Oct 19 by corse

Based on what ive seen this season im wondering how the hell field is still hanging on at the starting XI. He has been terrible.

He has but he’s a one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.
Never Been so convinced we’re going down.
We survive this shit show . It’s miracle.
Sam Field substitution on 21:57 - Oct 19 with 2524 viewsbaz_qpr

Sam Field substitution on 21:15 - Oct 19 by thehat

This ^ If it was not for Paal clattering into a Pompey player straight afterwards should have been off for 2nd yellow. Had a terrible game to boot
Sam Field substitution on 22:59 - Oct 19 with 2288 viewsPhilmyRs

Sam Field substitution on 21:57 - Oct 19 by baz_qpr

This ^ If it was not for Paal clattering into a Pompey player straight afterwards should have been off for 2nd yellow. Had a terrible game to boot

Surprised Fox survived and Field didn’t move back there. I get frustration, but ultimately Fox and his rustiness/lack of ability cost us. We needed a win, regardless of performance, and but for Fox, I think we’d have got it. I’m not sure what the Manager sees in him tbh, think I’d fancy my chances in a foot race with him.
Sam Field substitution on 23:04 - Oct 19 with 2252 viewsHunterhoop

Sam Field substitution on 21:55 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Field had been booked: based on our weak as piss midfield we could not afford him being sent off and suspended.
Chair looked like a pre-planned sub around the 60 min mark as he clearly wasn’t match fit enough to play the whole game.
Bit of a stretch to call Ashby one of our best players based on what we’ve seen so far:

What are you talking about?? I didn’t mention Ashby. Field, Chair, Dembele.
Sam Field substitution on 23:09 - Oct 19 with 2222 viewsbaz_qpr

Sam Field substitution on 22:59 - Oct 19 by PhilmyRs

Surprised Fox survived and Field didn’t move back there. I get frustration, but ultimately Fox and his rustiness/lack of ability cost us. We needed a win, regardless of performance, and but for Fox, I think we’d have got it. I’m not sure what the Manager sees in him tbh, think I’d fancy my chances in a foot race with him.

Was amazed he was not hooked at half time. He'd been caught previously to the goal and was very shakey dont understand why JCS did not come on. Paal also awful. Left side defensively we were a train wreck
Sam Field substitution on 23:12 - Oct 19 with 2187 viewsJamesB1979

Yeah what was Nourry thinking
Sam Field substitution on 23:08 - Oct 20 with 1542 viewsLadbrokeR

Sam Field substitution on 21:10 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

Saigon has no physical presence at the moment
Sam Field substitution on 23:56 - Oct 20 with 1444 viewsLazyFan

Sam Field substitution on 21:15 - Oct 19 by thehat

This and Field is playing on his own in Midfield with Badson constantly starting.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sam Field substitution on 00:28 - Oct 21 with 1397 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sam Field substitution on 23:08 - Oct 20 by LadbrokeR

Saigon has no physical presence at the moment

Is 'Saigon' your attempt to fuse Saito and Morgan into one metaphysical compound, or am I missing something?

Poll: How many points will we take from our next 3 games (S'land H, M'bro H, Leeds A)?

Sam Field substitution on 05:51 - Oct 21 with 1257 viewsNorthernr

He often takes players off when they're booked, especially the midfielders.

That said those substitutions felt like more of a cry for help than a tactical move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024