Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field substitution 19:53 - Oct 19 with 4287 viewsLogman

Not going to kick the can at Marti in public but that was a strange one. Thought any one of the 3 CB's should have been withdrawn at that stage.

Saito however did well when he came on
[Post edited 19 Oct 19:53]
Sam Field substitution on 08:46 - Oct 21 with 842 viewsgazza1

Understand why Field & Chair replaced..........Ashby was a non event so understand that sub as well. Unsure why Paal & Dembele.

The subs did not really add much when they came on.

I would say Ashby looks very average player to sign on loan, I'd start Smyth ahead of him.
Sam Field substitution on 09:33 - Oct 21 with 719 viewsNorthernr

Sam Field substitution on 08:46 - Oct 21 by gazza1

Understand why Field & Chair replaced..........Ashby was a non event so understand that sub as well. Unsure why Paal & Dembele.

The subs did not really add much when they came on.

I would say Ashby looks very average player to sign on loan, I'd start Smyth ahead of him.

Ashby's number going up did at least remind me he was playing Gaz.
Sam Field substitution on 09:55 - Oct 21 with 659 viewsNoelmc

Sam Field substitution on 09:33 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Ashby's number going up did at least remind me he was playing Gaz.

As mentioned in your report though he did manage to bottle out of a challenge at the far post when we had a chance of a goal. Another poor performance.
Sam Field substitution on 11:50 - Oct 21 with 548 viewsmart_Goblin

Sam Field substitution on 05:51 - Oct 21 by Northernr

He often takes players off when they're booked, especially the midfielders.

That said those substitutions felt like more of a cry for help than a tactical move.

He often does but I’m not sure it was necessary Saturday .

Madsen was playing so poorly that I can’t believe it was Field he took off.
We just can’t keep taking off players because they’ve been booked . F*ck me Macca would never have played .

In hindsight though, if he takes Madsen off and Field gets sent off 2 mins later then the young boy is in there all on his own . But he pretty much was anyway .
I agree with you though , those subs were at best strange , and at worst a direct message to recruitment to say “here you go…this is what I have to play with “
Sam Field substitution on 12:26 - Oct 21 with 454 viewsHunterhoop

The logic of taking someone off who is booked is very much a “jam tomorrow” mindset. Yes, it make it less likely they’ll be suspended, and they don’t play a full 90 so may be more prepared for the next game.

However, we are in “jam today, immediately” territory, especially when you are at home to bottom of the league. That’s the game to do everything you can to win it.

Taking Chair, Dembele, and Field off made us less likely to win. Madsen, Fox, and Ashby were the subs. We’re trailing; we don’t need 3 centre halves. Go to a back 4, your full backs will push on if we get on top. Swap Madsen for Morgan/EDB/Andersen. Bring on JCS and shift Dunne to RB. You still have 2 subs left for a little later Saito for Chair, and maybe Celar for someone in the last 5.
Sam Field substitution on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 389 viewslassel

Sam Field substitution on 12:26 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

The logic of taking someone off who is booked is very much a “jam tomorrow” mindset. Yes, it make it less likely they’ll be suspended, and they don’t play a full 90 so may be more prepared for the next game.

However, we are in “jam today, immediately” territory, especially when you are at home to bottom of the league. That’s the game to do everything you can to win it.

Taking Chair, Dembele, and Field off made us less likely to win. Madsen, Fox, and Ashby were the subs. We’re trailing; we don’t need 3 centre halves. Go to a back 4, your full backs will push on if we get on top. Swap Madsen for Morgan/EDB/Andersen. Bring on JCS and shift Dunne to RB. You still have 2 subs left for a little later Saito for Chair, and maybe Celar for someone in the last 5.

To be honest I think it just shows he doesn’t trust any of these dickheads not to do something daft and get themselves sent off, based on recent history with good reason
Sam Field substitution on 15:57 - Oct 21 with 248 viewsQPunkR

Sam Field substitution on 12:59 - Oct 21 by lassel

To be honest I think it just shows he doesn’t trust any of these dickheads not to do something daft and get themselves sent off, based on recent history with good reason

Nah, he’s been doing it from the very start. Infuriatingly. Although it made sense with Field on Sat as he would’ve Shirley seen red in the second half but for an equally retarded challenge from Paal a millisecond after

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024