Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC 11:04 - Oct 15 with 39563 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I know very early in the week…..but planning to attack Pompey from the whistle takes mental planning just as Spike Milligan had to deal with his mental struggles in his “Where have all the bullets gone?” brilliant read. Being a QPR supporter has recently (again) been mentally challenging too, but we will overcome this temporary phase and go onto better things, like Spike did 👍👍👍

And yes, it is 754pm in Aus- not touched a drop. So the paragraph above is written with a clear mind, whether it makes sense or not. 😀😀

A 2 1 win for us. Dembele with a bullet pile driver and Frey with a bullet header.

DonnieR

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 2263 viewsHAYESBOY

Bottom after 10 games. Fox has given that game away. Chair should have at least 1 goal but tries to be clever and then doesn't shoot with his left peg when through on the 2nd.
Why was JCS on the bench? If he is fit enough to be on the bench he can start surely?
Our next 6 games are a nightmare.
I hope we respond soon as we could be in for a long season.

Attendance:

Smells like a trout farm in here

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:02 - Oct 19 with 2251 viewscorse

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:55 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

Two weeks on the training pitch and they spent those two weeks on the training pitch learning how to become actually worse than they were two weeks ago.

This happened pretty much after the first international break earlier. Came back worse.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:03 - Oct 19 with 2188 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That was the kind of performance that costs a manager his job.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 2151 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti and Calm should be made to front up and really face the post-match music after that unforgivable dross. Mind you, he's just told us the players are running the show, so perhaps he could explain what he sees in them if it's no trouble.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 2146 viewsDamo1962

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:56 - Oct 19 by SteveB

There is no doubt in my mind, we have not a hope in hell that there are 3 teams worse than us in this league, in fact - I doubt there is even 1. We will be relegated.

Ratings today:

At least 1: 1. Fox.
1: 5 Dembele, (4+1 for actually scoring)
The rest, a rag tag load of bollox of 2s & 3s.

Marti's plan is failing fast.

Sick of Paal, Dunne & Field. I'll give Chair a pass, although he was not worth more than a 2.

The boo-ing at FT says it all...

Glad Field is finally getting found out. He has got away with it for too long.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:07 - Oct 19 with 2017 viewsGus_iom

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:50 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

I don't trust Nourry, and am rapidly losing faith with our newly contracted manager and his clearly inept sidekick. This doesn't look like a competiitve squad - it can't defend, its midfield is missing in action, and we have no strikers worthy of the name. We have little leadership and even less resilience.

Seriously, if even Portsmouth can take points off us while being gash, where's the hope?

[Post edited 19 Oct 16:52]

I don't think they would have touched us without Fox's interventions.
Morgan looked prepared to come and get the ball off the centre backs. I'd be tempted to start him alongside Field.
Chair didn't look right from the off, to me.
Too many changes, we lost all shape.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:07 - Oct 19 with 1998 viewsNorthantsHoop

We are at present the worse team in the league the last 4 displays against Blackburn, Hull, Derby and now Portsmouth sort of justify our position at the bottom. Where has Alfie Lloyd gone, is he injured or had a falling out with the management, rather give him a go up front with Frey.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:07 - Oct 19 with 1986 viewsDamo1962

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:57 - Oct 19 by CamberleyR

It looks like he's been QPR'd already.

What is it about us? Even achieving mediocrity is too much for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:09 - Oct 19 with 1954 viewsE15Hoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:03 - Oct 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

That was the kind of performance that costs a manager his job.

I sincerely hope we're not going down that road again! At some point the club hierarchy simply has to bite the bullet, commit to a plan and stick to it, no matter the consequence.

How many of you on here last season were caling Marti the Messiah? Now you want to crucify him at the first sign of trouble!

And you wonder why this keeps happening?? Loyal supporters my a**e...
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:13 - Oct 19 with 1808 viewsslmrstid

Home to a team who haven't won at all yet- could see that coming a mile off.

Utterly unacceptable. I don't care who you are - everyone at QPR, players, management, and executives should be asking serious questions of themselves tonight.

The start to this season has been diabolical, this isn't feel good amateur community sport, it's elite level and dog eat dog and its win or face the consequences.

Garbage, absolute garbage. Right now we are even worse than last season.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:14 - Oct 19 with 1761 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:36 - Oct 19 by R_from_afar

The - cough - "live text" on the BBC website is currently 22 minutes behind, sigh

Much like our team.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:14 - Oct 19 with 1756 viewsPdog

Whatever method the Head of Methodology has put in place needs to be methodised out of existence.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:15 - Oct 19 with 1748 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:09 - Oct 19 by E15Hoop

I sincerely hope we're not going down that road again! At some point the club hierarchy simply has to bite the bullet, commit to a plan and stick to it, no matter the consequence.

How many of you on here last season were caling Marti the Messiah? Now you want to crucify him at the first sign of trouble!

Massive alarm bells today though. I can't see what we are trying to do, it looks completely disjointed. Boos at the end, and crowd was starting to get restless before. We ate boring and predictable.

I am starting to wonder if MC has started to loose the dressing room.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:17 - Oct 19 with 1688 viewsDamo1962

Still haven't won a match at LR...and it's half way through October😲 We haven't even bar WBA, played any of the top teams either. Unless this changes, we are just pissing in the wind. Maybe relegation is part of the long term plan.
[Post edited 19 Oct 17:21]
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:22 - Oct 19 with 1551 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm trying to think of something positive to say?

All I can think of is, we still have time, for a miracle to happen.

All is not lost yet, or is it?
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:22 - Oct 19 with 1547 viewsted_hendrix

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:07 - Oct 19 by Gus_iom

I don't think they would have touched us without Fox's interventions.
Morgan looked prepared to come and get the ball off the centre backs. I'd be tempted to start him alongside Field.
Chair didn't look right from the off, to me.
Too many changes, we lost all shape.

You are probably right but todays result had an air of inevitability about It.

We cant keep saying the same thing after each result.

This Is on the Manager, the players the whole goddam lot of them.

This shower are a mess.

I said after the last loss now we'll see how good Cifuentes Is, and here we are again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:23 - Oct 19 with 1525 viewsBurnleyhoop

Consensus is to keep your powder dry until the completion of the first ten games.

Now completed, time to light the touch paper and watch the fireworks.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 1493 viewsloftboy

Just on the central line back to get my car at Redbridge, pissed off with all of it but fella bit sorry for Frey today who worked his bollocks off.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 1486 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Erm, I didn't call for him to be sacked. I said that was the kind of performance that costs a manager his job.

As a season ticket holder, I've seen some dross over the last few years but today was truly the nadir.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:26 - Oct 19 with 1465 viewsSteveB

Mate, you can shove your tongue right up MC's arse if that's your want, But do not dig out those who question the current managers' possible short falls and label them as fans who lack loyalty.

You are not a better fan than me, so don't fking judge me.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:28 - Oct 19 with 1432 viewsStanisgod

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:24 - Oct 19 by loftboy

Just on the central line back to get my car at Redbridge, pissed off with all of it but fella bit sorry for Frey today who worked his bollocks off.

He did, superb,pity about the other ten.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:29 - Oct 19 with 1405 viewsCateLeBonR

All I can see is beige.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:30 - Oct 19 with 1389 viewsE15Hoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:15 - Oct 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Massive alarm bells today though. I can't see what we are trying to do, it looks completely disjointed. Boos at the end, and crowd was starting to get restless before. We ate boring and predictable.

I am starting to wonder if MC has started to loose the dressing room.

Given the messaging coming out of the dressing room prior to today, I doubt very much that's the case. I haven't had the benefit of seeing the game today, but from the way that the penalty was described by Tyler and Andy Sinton, it sounded like the result of playing someone who was clearly short of match sharpness in the hope that you wouldn't have to replace him with someone else who is clearly short of match sharpness.
From what I heard, we had more than enough chances today to win that match twice over, and there seems to be a lack of proactivity in both boxes, meaning we need more people who are just prepared to fling themselves in front of the ball either to block a shot or get on the end of something for us.
That's an issue which in the bygone days would most likely have been solved by a "free and frank discussion" behind closed doors, and in truth, I can't imagine Marti's been idly sitting on his hands calmly watching everything fall apart in front of his eyes, can you?
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:35 - Oct 19 with 1264 viewsGus_iom

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:22 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

You are probably right but todays result had an air of inevitability about It.

We cant keep saying the same thing after each result.

This Is on the Manager, the players the whole goddam lot of them.

This shower are a mess.

I said after the last loss now we'll see how good Cifuentes Is, and here we are again.

Both times we got up a head of steam, fox gave them a goal. Confidence is clearly shot
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 1240 viewsSonic_Hoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:22 - Oct 19 by THEBUSH

I'm trying to think of something positive to say?

All I can think of is, we still have time, for a miracle to happen.

All is not lost yet, or is it?

The only positive from today was DMM's joke about Anderson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024