Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread 07:21 - Oct 4 with 56218 viewsSpaceman_P

desperate times, require desperate measures... lets see if this match thread can rustle up the cheer we need before heading into the next depressingly futile international break.

I have rubbed my rabbits foot and cos I know we are better than Derby

I'm going for 1 - 2 us

goals from Saito and Frey but Derby will get the first goal as is the trend right now.

LET'S GO PARTY MARTI PARTY

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:07 - Oct 5 with 3240 viewsSpaceman_P

One thing that strikes me a bit with modern footballers is how accepting of being told what to do they are. There are no real mavericks who just do what they feel like.

I suppose the mavericks are the ones who become the world famous stars.

It got me thinking bout our corners... to begin with they were great and we got goals from them. Dembele was a master-class corner-taker. But the last few games the tactics changed. Meaning the team have been mentored to do it a different way. And rather collectively saying "F this, lets do what works", they just continue doing the same boring corners like a factory-chicken waiting for the slaughter.

We need a player who has the confidence to occasionally break a rule.... Colback is the bloke, but sadly he also wants to break people's legs too.

I think Chair has it a bit, but he's definitely only championship level.

Frey is trying to be that bloke I feel, but doesn't quite have it in him.

But the rest of them, they're happy to follow "sports science" and weirdo AI tactics that Marti and Xavi have thought up.

I still have faith in Marti, but was just thinking, if things go wrong, the players just are too passive to take the bull by the horns so to speak.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:42 - Oct 5 with 3155 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chair looked very rusty on Tuesday but Marti must be tempted to start him today. If Andersen starts, we know he is insanely stubborn. Fox must be a contender too.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:43 - Oct 5 with 3158 viewsdavman

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:07 - Oct 5 by Spaceman_P

One thing that strikes me a bit with modern footballers is how accepting of being told what to do they are. There are no real mavericks who just do what they feel like.

I suppose the mavericks are the ones who become the world famous stars.

It got me thinking bout our corners... to begin with they were great and we got goals from them. Dembele was a master-class corner-taker. But the last few games the tactics changed. Meaning the team have been mentored to do it a different way. And rather collectively saying "F this, lets do what works", they just continue doing the same boring corners like a factory-chicken waiting for the slaughter.

We need a player who has the confidence to occasionally break a rule.... Colback is the bloke, but sadly he also wants to break people's legs too.

I think Chair has it a bit, but he's definitely only championship level.

Frey is trying to be that bloke I feel, but doesn't quite have it in him.

But the rest of them, they're happy to follow "sports science" and weirdo AI tactics that Marti and Xavi have thought up.

I still have faith in Marti, but was just thinking, if things go wrong, the players just are too passive to take the bull by the horns so to speak.

A lot of that resonates with me. They are all so desperate to get back in shape for goal kicks and to move the ball side to side breaking the press out wide. THE SSAME OLD, SAME OLD ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME.

We are not the only ones to do that, so undoubtedly this is just the modern way.

To officially confirm my old man status, I don't like this modern way one little bit.

Morning cuppa, then off to Winchester station to pick the lad up, who stayed out last night. He got to bed at 4am last night after losing the mate he was meant to be staying with and iss already up and about on his way.

Just win, Rangers, just f-in win PLEASE.
See you there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:24 - Oct 5 with 3024 viewsDorse

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 07:37 - Oct 5 by roxannelopez

The writer presents the topic with relatable examples, making it easy to grasp. The visuals are thoughtfully included to support the key points, and the warm tone ensures an enjoyable reading experience.
https://africansmag.co.za/mel-viljoen-net-worth/

I mean, sure, if you like graphic sexual imagery and niche references to Zap Brannigan but that's why we read Clive's match previews.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:36 - Oct 5 with 2983 viewsPdog

Assuming Colback is out, Varane we know is, and we have learnt Madsen cannot play in a central 2. Any thoughts on a partner for field in there?
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 13:18 - Oct 5 with 2727 viewsDavieQPR

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 11:36 - Oct 5 by Pdog

Assuming Colback is out, Varane we know is, and we have learnt Madsen cannot play in a central 2. Any thoughts on a partner for field in there?

Would be tempted to play a 3 man midfield and not have such an Attacking Mid.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:02 - Oct 5 with 2492 viewshoops_legend

I’m going for a clean sheet and a 2-0 win

I know we are capable. Let’s do it

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:02 - Oct 5 with 2482 viewsE17hoop

Santos put down.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:03 - Oct 5 with 2449 viewsAndybrat

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 08:42 - Oct 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Chair looked very rusty on Tuesday but Marti must be tempted to start him today. If Andersen starts, we know he is insanely stubborn. Fox must be a contender too.

He’s stubborn
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:05 - Oct 5 with 2380 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:02 - Oct 5 by E17hoop

Santos put down.

Not sure changing the right back will help if Dembele, Saito and Anderson don't tackle!
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:05 - Oct 5 with 2372 viewsjohnhoop

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:03 - Oct 5 by Andybrat

He’s stubborn

I know we’re very short of options in midfield but both Danes starting again gives me a definite feeling of foreboding.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:06 - Oct 5 with 2347 viewsconnell10

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:02 - Oct 5 by E17hoop

Santos put down.

Changed my prediction 2-0 Derby . Norwich showing how shite Hull are !!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:08 - Oct 5 with 2285 viewsKiko

Anderson and Madsen starting together again. Predicting another dissapointing Saturday (hope to be proven wrong)
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:10 - Oct 5 with 2237 viewsmart_Goblin

Need Madsen to be much more disciplined in a long side Field to make us more compact or we’ll be wide open again
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:13 - Oct 5 with 2174 viewsgazza1

Another tough afternoon, missing 3 key players. Varone not involved - was it a one or three
match suspension???

Fortunately we are playing an average side so not all over.......we may have enough in the tank.
[Post edited 5 Oct 14:15]
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:14 - Oct 5 with 2153 viewsGus_iom

Apart from one important f.up, I thought Andersen was OK on Tuesday. The Hull commentators were happy to see him substituted, as they thought he was causing them problems.
Unfortunately, the team pretty much picks itself, so light are we in numbers. More playing out of defence as there is no realistic option of going long and keeping hold of the ball.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:17 - Oct 5 with 2071 viewsCamberleyR

Santos put down.

Wide open midfield again. Fear this isn't ending well....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:18 - Oct 5 with 2045 viewsDaBurgh

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:05 - Oct 5 by johnhoop

I know we’re very short of options in midfield but both Danes starting again gives me a definite feeling of foreboding.

Or Forudsigelse as Lucas and Nicolas would say.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:19 - Oct 5 with 2035 viewsCamberleyR

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:13 - Oct 5 by gazza1

Another tough afternoon, missing 3 key players. Varone not involved - was it a one or three
match suspension???

Fortunately we are playing an average side so not all over.......we may have enough in the tank.
[Post edited 5 Oct 14:15]

It would have been a sending off for serious foul play so three matches.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:27 - Oct 5 with 1849 viewsGaryBannister86

That midfield is very worrying, but if he doesn't trust EDB I guess there isn't much else he can do. Gulp.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:29 - Oct 5 with 1796 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:17 - Oct 5 by CamberleyR

Wide open midfield again. Fear this isn't ending well....

What is Marti and his coaches seeing all week from this set up as most posters agree its not working at all.
I was hoping Chair was able to start he would take a bit of attention away from the other vertically challenged players who now will get kicked up in the air.
Maybe our speed can upset the form book ,we go ahead and then spring Chair and Smyth to drag Derby back and finish the game.
Derby QPR 1
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:34 - Oct 5 with 1681 viewsQPunkR

The two Danes simply cannot both start together. Every single fan can see that, why can't the management team??

QPR - "shit but local"

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:35 - Oct 5 with 1658 viewsGaryBannister86

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:34 - Oct 5 by QPunkR

The two Danes simply cannot both start together. Every single fan can see that, why can't the management team??

I'm sure they can, but if Chair isn't fit, Varane suspended, Colback injured, what else can you do? EDB has been so disappointing this season.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:38 - Oct 5 with 1594 viewsStreathamRanger

Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:34 - Oct 5 by QPunkR

The only other realistic alternative is EDB for one of them but he's been given chances and proved himself to be worse.
Rammed if you do, Rammed if you don't - Derby Vs Qpr Match Thread on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 1570 viewscorse

Of course he plays Anderssen. Who else is there to play?
Smyth? Headless chicken run towards the goal line and then a pass to no one or he loses the ball to a hardened defender with 6 seasons of championship footy? Smyth is hardly a league one standard and i dont know who the feck had the brain fart to give him a second deal here.
EDB? I rather have Andersen with all his experience than a 23 yrs old who has about one and a half minute of championship footy under his belt.
[Post edited 5 Oct 14:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024