Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? 12:24 - Feb 12 with 16390 viewsRangersDave

Ok, we know we arent great, we know the manager cant seem to drum a work ethic into the players, and we know we are 'xxx' bad games from relegation.

i certainly hope LF has a 'cut loose' clause built into NC's contract if we got relegated.

However, i'm garnering opinions please...

If we are 6 games from the end of the season, and there's a chance to stay up, on current form, and managerial attitude would you

1) keep Critchley no matter what?

2) get rid now even if it costs because relegation is unthinkable?

3) A suggestion of your own?

my view is if we are going to do anything, we dont wait too long, as getting someone in who has the fight and desire to keep us up may be a tricky thing, and i certainly dont want to be in a position where we have to win one of the last 4 to stay up, as half the team may already be 'on the beach' even if they arent now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:14 - Feb 12 with 1910 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:07 - Feb 12 by paulparker

There’s a thousand coaches out there and people qualified to be CEOs and DOF why do we have to stay with the same people if it’s not working, it’s to cosy at Rangers , to nice with none held accountable , defeat is accepted to easily, I love Les but I truly think this has to come to an end for him the fans have been patient for over 8 years now and this latest manager is a disaster of an appointment in a long line of poor decisions
You have eyes Bazza and even you got to admit that deep down this isn’t working

Ok, perhaps it was unfair of me to expect you to have some names in mind, then what's your criteria? What do we need to look for in the replacements?
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:19 - Feb 12 with 1888 viewsPunteR

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:14 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok, perhaps it was unfair of me to expect you to have some names in mind, then what's your criteria? What do we need to look for in the replacements?

Motivational skills?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:21 - Feb 12 with 1877 viewsDejR_vu

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 14:11 - Feb 12 by R_from_afar

Good point re. Ainsworth. He has built something at Wycombe and the club stuck with him while Wycombe were on a terrible ruin earlier this season. He’s now turned it round - well, for the moment anyway - and they are in seventh. Derby were on a 15 game unbeaten run but Wycombe beat them yesterday.

It’s by no means certain he would want to come to Rangers.

As we should have done with Warburton.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1858 viewsBerkoRanger

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:11 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Well its relevant, even in this day and age that you don't need to be a ranter and raver to be a good manager - there's loads of 'quiet' managers who are doing well and loads of 'loud' ones who aren't - don't think that's the key myself.

One of my favourite and successful QPR managers was Gordon Jago, and I don't remember him jumping and screaming on the touchline.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:28 - Feb 12 with 1826 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:19 - Feb 12 by PunteR

Motivational skills?

Ian Holloway?
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:29 - Feb 12 with 1816 viewspaulparker

A DOF with a plan in how the team plays would be the starting point
An example of this is Rob Dickie now I’m no Peter Taylor but I’ve seen enough of this lad to know he plays better in a three rather than a two , we scouted him so play to his strengths and the players we buy have to suit the system also
Everyone down to the juniors should play the same system so when a player comes in he knows what he is doing ( I know sometimes you have to change tactics) but if we have a manager go then the new one knows we play 5-3-2 and has the players for it
We go from season to season just getting by , the signings especially the loan ones are proof
Apart from chair I’m struggling to think of any player that has improved season on season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:48 - Feb 12 with 1734 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:29 - Feb 12 by paulparker

A DOF with a plan in how the team plays would be the starting point
An example of this is Rob Dickie now I’m no Peter Taylor but I’ve seen enough of this lad to know he plays better in a three rather than a two , we scouted him so play to his strengths and the players we buy have to suit the system also
Everyone down to the juniors should play the same system so when a player comes in he knows what he is doing ( I know sometimes you have to change tactics) but if we have a manager go then the new one knows we play 5-3-2 and has the players for it
We go from season to season just getting by , the signings especially the loan ones are proof
Apart from chair I’m struggling to think of any player that has improved season on season

Didn’t we do all that under Warburton? You wanted him out as I recall.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:56 - Feb 12 with 1696 viewspaulparker

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:48 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Didn’t we do all that under Warburton? You wanted him out as I recall.

Warburton totally lost the plot in January last year and deserved to go imo our defending was a joke

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:01 - Feb 12 with 1693 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd keep Critchley until the end of the season.

I think we need a DoF system, NC was continuity for MB, same background and set up the squad the same. They'd spent the summer recruiting on the basis of a MB team, so that seems sensible. So I disagree that we should have appointed someone with a personality and ignored all of that. I also don't NC was chosen as a cheap option, he was the best fit on paper with a good track record.

I've lost some faith in LF despite his recent interview being quite good IMO. I do wonder whether MW would be a better DoF for us.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:02 - Feb 12 with 1690 viewsRangersw12

Like people have said 100's of times it doesn't work at Rangers to keep allowing the manager to sign who he wants but we keep doing it

That is down to the DOF and has been since he started.

As for a name I would give it to Warburton as I was very impressed with him when at the club and has experience in the role
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:03]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:04 - Feb 12 with 1676 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:02 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Like people have said 100's of times it doesn't work at Rangers to keep allowing the manager to sign who he wants but we keep doing it

That is down to the DOF and has been since he started.

As for a name I would give it to Warburton as I was very impressed with him when at the club and has experience in the role
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:03]

There are equally as many people who say the DoF should keep his nose out.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:06 - Feb 12 with 1666 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 15:56 - Feb 12 by paulparker

Warburton totally lost the plot in January last year and deserved to go imo our defending was a joke

There’s always something though PP.

The ONLY thing we haven’t tried is sticking by a manager throughout bad form. Why not give it a go?
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:08 - Feb 12 with 1669 viewsRangersw12

"
There are equally as many people who say the DoF should keep his nose out."

Yep but they're also the same people who don't understand why we can't sign a fcking striker so best ignored

I would allow the DOF and Head of recruitment to do all the recruitment as this half arsed approach clearly isn't working
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:10]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:14 - Feb 12 with 1649 viewsBushRanger82

I can't believe people still aren't getting it.

I mean, if the odds were particularly good, who wouldn't put a shedload on us to bow out of both cups, against lower league opposition, again, next season?

There isn't even a cat-in-hell's chance we might ever make a semi-final ever again, never mind a final.

This club needs more than just a change of manager.
It needs a major change in direction.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:16]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:21 - Feb 12 with 1611 viewspaulparker

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:06 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

There’s always something though PP.

The ONLY thing we haven’t tried is sticking by a manager throughout bad form. Why not give it a go?

So Southampton should of kept Nathan Jones then

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 1603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:21 - Feb 12 by paulparker

So Southampton should of kept Nathan Jones then

Yeah, but they shouldn’t have sacked the previous manager.

Southampton aren’t getting relegated because of Nathan Jones.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:26]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 17:17 - Feb 12 with 1530 viewsDieByYourSide

A few games ago when Critchley was calling out the players, was it not generally agreed that the problem was them not him?

Now we lose a few more games and suddenly that changes?

Poll: And it's hi ho

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 17:42 - Feb 12 with 1479 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 17:17 - Feb 12 by DieByYourSide

A few games ago when Critchley was calling out the players, was it not generally agreed that the problem was them not him?

Now we lose a few more games and suddenly that changes?

Because unfortunately we can't sack the players.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:03 - Feb 12 with 1428 viewsNorthantsHoop

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 16:01 - Feb 12 by QPR_Jim

I'd keep Critchley until the end of the season.

I think we need a DoF system, NC was continuity for MB, same background and set up the squad the same. They'd spent the summer recruiting on the basis of a MB team, so that seems sensible. So I disagree that we should have appointed someone with a personality and ignored all of that. I also don't NC was chosen as a cheap option, he was the best fit on paper with a good track record.

I've lost some faith in LF despite his recent interview being quite good IMO. I do wonder whether MW would be a better DoF for us.

I think you are right on Warburton as DoF with Eustace promoted to head coach. Probably one of the reasons it went a bit weird end of last season and the current DoF got the wobbles that Warburton could do his job a lot better. Eustace would have been fine as well as head coach.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 18:04]
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:15 - Feb 12 with 1394 viewsDieByYourSide

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 17:42 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

Because unfortunately we can't sack the players.

We can release Balogun & send Laird, Tim & Roberts back to their parent clubs straight off the bat at the end of this season, plus try to shift anyone else who doesn't want to be here in Summer.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:26 - Feb 12 with 1370 viewsRangersw12

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:15 - Feb 12 by DieByYourSide

We can release Balogun & send Laird, Tim & Roberts back to their parent clubs straight off the bat at the end of this season, plus try to shift anyone else who doesn't want to be here in Summer.

True but my concern is will it be too late by then as at the moment he needs to get something out of the those players and he's not doing that.

Like I've said previously I'm not one for sacking managers and if it was up to me I would of stuck with Warburton but this feels so similar to the Paul Hart appointment it's scary

I'm praying for a win against Sunderland like in 91 that snapped an awful run of form 🤞
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:35 - Feb 12 with 1342 viewsMonkey_Roots

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 13:01 - Feb 12 by theone_theonly

can the board not see the writing on the wall? beale left us in 6th, and since critchley took over we’ve dropped to 16th. critchley is so uninspiring, boring, and bland that no wonder it seems like the players have no confidence. the only player who looked like he wanted to be there yesterday was chris martin, and he looks to be pretty good. even with 16 or so games to go, i can’t see us getting more than 3 wins before the end of the season. if we don’t win on tuesday the board needs to act, regardless of the cost of sacking critchley. it would be more detrimental financially to get relegated. we won’t be staying up at this rate.

IBeale left us in 6th, but our form was tanking a while before that.

I would like us to stick with him. I understand the fear of relegation, I can see the 1 in 10 stats and get why, on the face of it, it doesn’t look good. But, I also think that he walked in to a dire situation - morale, injuries, uncertainty, a dip in form - the wheels from our early season success had well and truly come off before he arrived.

What I choose to ignore, is the comments about how boring he is/looks.

A certified top coach, who is honest about performances and what we need to do to improve. He’s got no money, half a team of loans, and an injury crisis. I believe anyone would struggle in the same circumstances.
So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:59 - Feb 12 with 1301 viewsDieByYourSide

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:26 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

True but my concern is will it be too late by then as at the moment he needs to get something out of the those players and he's not doing that.

Like I've said previously I'm not one for sacking managers and if it was up to me I would of stuck with Warburton but this feels so similar to the Paul Hart appointment it's scary

I'm praying for a win against Sunderland like in 91 that snapped an awful run of form 🤞

Understand we've all forgotten what winning feels like, but we're on this wretched run and we're still 10pts clear with bookies having us between 28 and 33/1 to get relegated.

Doesn't feel like a win is coming anytime soon, but in all likelihood with law of averages it is. It's the Championship. They're off form and suffering from a lack of confidence but we have good players, one of Chair's seven 30 yarders a game will go in. Lowe will finish off a chance. Martin will sh*thouse us to a 1-0.

But if we only limp over the line, Critchley really needs to hit the ground running next season as he won't have much credit in the bank.

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 19:06 - Feb 12 with 1288 viewsdavman

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 18:35 - Feb 12 by Monkey_Roots

IBeale left us in 6th, but our form was tanking a while before that.

I would like us to stick with him. I understand the fear of relegation, I can see the 1 in 10 stats and get why, on the face of it, it doesn’t look good. But, I also think that he walked in to a dire situation - morale, injuries, uncertainty, a dip in form - the wheels from our early season success had well and truly come off before he arrived.

What I choose to ignore, is the comments about how boring he is/looks.

A certified top coach, who is honest about performances and what we need to do to improve. He’s got no money, half a team of loans, and an injury crisis. I believe anyone would struggle in the same circumstances.

I'd keep him, but he is not exactly doing himself any favours whatsoever, is he?

Even with Dykes playing, we rarely win and hold the ball up top, but he has bought Martin in to do just that and what does he do? He leaves him on the bench with two game strikers whose strengths are anything but holding the ball up. Yes, Sinclair got in behind and credit to him, but Lowe offered nothing.

None of 'wall' s central defenders were troubled at any point until Martin came on. Against Millwall. Millwall. As predicted, they bullied us and we whimpered back to our corner. Bollox to "he needs settling in" or "I'm giving Armstrong a run out. Martin HAD to start yesterday.

Willock, no warm up, straight on, first run does his hamstring again. Fck me, was it a surprise to Willock, Critchley or any of the coaching staff that he would be on sometime after the 60th minute?

Shite in game management continues - he refuses to make tactical subs until the 60th minute, by which time the game is gone.

TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Three at the back, maybe. Just SOMETHING. Sleepwalking through to the end of the season is reason to get rid if he doesn't buck his ideas up.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:25]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

So when would you 'pull the trigger'? on 19:20 - Feb 12 with 1267 viewsBerkoRanger

"None of 'wall' s central defenders were troubled at any point until Martin came on. Against Millwall. Millwall. As predicted, they bullied us and we whimpered back to our corner. Bollox to "he needs settling in" or "I'm giving Armstrong a run out. Martin HAD to start yesterday."
When I looked at yesterday's teamsheet, I was completely gobsmacked that Martin was not in the starting line-up, esp as we've had such difficulty scoring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024