Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Plymouth H 18:47 - Apr 24 with 22656 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:34 - Apr 24 with 3718 viewsSheffdale

Hilly acknowledging he got the midfield three wrong in after match comments and also (understandably!) not happy with first half performance. I think you have to give him credit for utilising the squad well in a difficult period. Whatever we think about Dobre's lack of appearances, Hilly must see weaknesses on the training ground - not tracking back and a tendency to give the ball away? In our current situation I think he's seen as too much of a risk.
Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:34 - Apr 24 with 3713 viewsDaleiLama

Plymouth reminded me of Wigan first half. Hunted in packs with pace, precision and cut us apart many times. Looked like the Dale of old and out-Daled us. We made it easier for them by gifting the ball back to them every time we got it.

We pressed much better second half and a combination of them conceding and us battling for everything was nearly enough to tip the game in our favour, but that wasn't two points lost - it was honours even. Can't whinge about that result and then Sarfend threw us a lifeline.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:34 - Apr 24 with 3700 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:22 - Apr 24 by DaleFan7

Opposition playing well or not. If you think we played even a tiny bit well in the first half then I really do despair for you. Plymouth were good I said they were but we were garbage for the first 25 mins of the game regardless of how they played. A team can play well or at least look up for it and still get outplayed. We really didn't.

Luckily we put in a much improved second half and got a deserved point.

First 25 mins? They ran us ragged for 45 mins. I don't quite know how they didn't score at least 3. They were brilliant and had runners coming from all angles - their passing and moving was the best I've seen in a half this season and that includes the Spurs games. Luckily we regrouped and Plymouth obviously put so much into that 1st half they couldn't keep it up. Gillam really should have been our match winner in the end as I'm not quite sure how he got the ball over the bar from so close. BEST POINT OF THE SEASON.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:36 - Apr 24 with 3677 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:18 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

Because there is an opposition - and Plymouth were brilliant in that 1st half! Why does it have to be Dale are shite or Dale are rubbish ? Just admire how good Plymouth were and be thankful our defense somehow kept them out.

As good as Plymouth were we were absolute shite first half,some of the tactics are baffling still and not sure what use Calvin is either virtually playing at right back.
A very good point overall,but there was a time second half when they ran out of ideas and we really could/should have made more of it had we put some quality together.
Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:42 - Apr 24 with 3586 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Plymouth H on 20:43 - Apr 24 by fitzochris

I didnā€™t say you werenā€™t.

Strange way of replying to my point then

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:54 - Apr 24 with 3476 viewsRippDale

Great point after how good Plymouth were first half.

Shows what a massive loss the 3 players from last season has been. Camps and Andrew have been bit players previously and this season our team has been built around them.

Camps would have been dropped in previous seasons but there hasn't been anyone to replace him like Jamie Allen used to when form dipped
Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:05 - Apr 24 with 3380 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Plymouth H on 22:54 - Apr 24 by RippDale

Great point after how good Plymouth were first half.

Shows what a massive loss the 3 players from last season has been. Camps and Andrew have been bit players previously and this season our team has been built around them.

Camps would have been dropped in previous seasons but there hasn't been anyone to replace him like Jamie Allen used to when form dipped

Youā€™re wrong about calvin, heā€™s been a big part of this team for a couple of years now. Im not saying heā€™s the best, as he does have his faults, but we play to his strengths and we probably get a better calvin andrew than any other club ever has..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:10 - Apr 24 with 3349 viewshull_dale19

Unlike recent home games (Oldham, Bradford, Portsmouth to an extent) in which the opposition were there for the taking, Plymouth were excellent tonight and could have been out of sight by half time.

In that respect, it's a great point we've got tonight especially with other results. As others have said, Hilly would have been aware of the Oldham result and I think that played a part in our dropping off a bit in the last 15 minutes.

Hill got it badly wrong in the first half but you have to give him credit for changing it. Inman was superb on the right for me.

We could have knuckled under when they scored during our best spell in the game, but all credit to them for fighting back and levelling straight away. We really had them on the rack at times in that second half. Their keeper has made an excellent save from Camps but I'm afraid Gillam's chance has to go down as a sitter.

All in all, a good point. Who'd have thought a couple of months ago that we'd be going into the final two games of the season outside the relegation zone with our destiny in our own hands?

Certainly not me! Up the Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:15 - Apr 24 with 3300 views442Dale

Hill interview
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0658rx1

Whoever had a go at McNulty needs to have a think about their behaviour, but the support was, again, really good. Quite why the other points needed making, only Hill will know but 1) Barrow was sacked at the end of the 98/99 season, and 2) it most certainly was his fault.

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:20 - Apr 24 with 3259 viewsJames1980

Re Gilliam's chance is practicing shooting in pressure situations done in training? Perhaps it isn't something that can really be practiced

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:22 - Apr 24 with 3236 viewsmeeee

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:15 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Hill interview

Whoever had a go at McNulty needs to have a think about their behaviour, but the support was, again, really good. Quite why the other points needed making, only Hill will know but 1) Barrow was sacked at the end of the 98/99 season, and 2) it most certainly was his fault.

I saw someone have a go at mcnulty shouting at him to get off the pitch but he thought it was a Plymouth player, when someone informed him it was mcnunlty he stopped. Unless there was another incident that I didnā€™t see
Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:51 - Apr 24 with 3091 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:20 - Apr 24 by James1980

Re Gilliam's chance is practicing shooting in pressure situations done in training? Perhaps it isn't something that can really be practiced

Unfortunately, the miss isn't in the brief highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-plymouth/375599
Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:05 - Apr 25 with 3035 viewsSandyman

Hill interview

2) It most certainly was. He had a book of "not my fault" excuses that must have had hundreds of pages, each of them implausible.
Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:06 - Apr 25 with 3034 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:20 - Apr 24 by James1980

The ball from the right came on at such a pace Gillam did well to trap it and keep it in the penalty area. He's then off balance and swivelling. Nowhere near as easy a chance as people are making out.

I'm also sick of people pleading for Dobre. He loses the ball too often and doesn't track back. Give me Gillam, one of our own, any day.
Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:06 - Apr 25 with 3034 viewssooty_dale

Hill interview

Itā€™s so frustrating that Keith allows an isolated incident with a fan to overshadow the excellent support from the crowd tonight. The players need support he says, they definitely got that tonight!
Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:11 - Apr 25 with 3024 viewslove_the_dale

Match thread: Plymouth H on 23:22 - Apr 24 by meeee

I saw someone have a go at mcnulty shouting at him to get off the pitch but he thought it was a Plymouth player, when someone informed him it was mcnunlty he stopped. Unless there was another incident that I didnā€™t see

That would be meeee! Of course I knew it was Jim, but fortunately everyone in my area understands my sense of humour and the intentional irony in what I was shouting to Jim, who I think is one of our standout players and who I have always defended when many on here and in the ground were denigrating his talent. I am also one of the few who were trying to get chants going when so many sit in the main stand like dummies :) Do you cheer for the team? :) As it happens, Jim was wrong in going on the pitch, as evidenced by the fact that the fourth official went to him and spoke to him - or maybe he was asking Jim why he wasn't actually on the pitch playing for the Dale. :)
Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:44 - Apr 25 with 2912 viewsDaley_Lama

Plymouth played the game tonight the way I love to see it played.

It is styled the way Arsenal have played for years and years under Wenger. Slick, skilful players, one touch football, ball pinging around and opposition defence often left chasing shadows. A joy to watch (when not on the receiving end)

As with Arsenal, the style didn't match the substance and they didn't score in the first half. Josh made 2 very good saves but equally, despite being swamped, we had the odd moment in the first half.

I had visions of us winning 1-0 with a Gerrard slip type game at half time.

Substitutions made the second half. We needed an extra man in midfield and got two.

4-4-2 went to 4-5-1 and it worked. Humphries is a striker, he is not a wide man in a 4-5-1 and got swapped for Gillam. Kitching did nothing wrong but was swapped for DM Rafferty.

Formation and personnel change worked immediately and for a while we had them on the rack. Then they scored somehow. First half they could have scored 3 or 4 beautiful goals, it looked like they scored a scruffy one from the other end.

Equaliser was fair, we were more than matching them at the time. 2nd goal for Delaney, he got dropped last time he scored.

The remainder was pretty end to end, with them playing on the break until the final 5 mins when we all started bricking it once more. Even though we were in the ascendency at times, when they broke, it was stylish and slick.

Full credit to Plymouth for the way they played the game tonight. (Ignoring the odd dive) Very reminiscent of their style when they won promotion at Spotland in years gone by, Danny Frio et al.

Hope they get into the playoffs as I can't think of another team I've enjoyed watching as much this season through gritted grinding teeth.

Good night for Walsall and Northampton
Not the worst night for Dale having been at the game
Awful night for Oldham
Terminal night for MK

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Plymouth H on 06:22 - Apr 25 with 2627 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:44 - Apr 25 by Daley_Lama

It is styled the way Arsenal have played for years and years under Wenger. Slick, skilful players, one touch football, ball pinging around and opposition defence often left chasing shadows. A joy to watch (when not on the receiving end)

As with Arsenal, the style didn't match the substance and they didn't score in the first half. Josh made 2 very good saves but equally, despite being swamped, we had the odd moment in the first half.

Substitutions made the second half. We needed an extra man in midfield and got two.

4-4-2 went to 4-5-1 and it worked. Humphries is a striker, he is not a wide man in a 4-5-1 and got swapped for Gillam. Kitching did nothing wrong but was swapped for DM Rafferty.

Formation and personnel change worked immediately and for a while we had them on the rack. Then they scored somehow. First half they could have scored 3 or 4 beautiful goals, it looked like they scored a scruffy one from the other end.

Equaliser was fair, we were more than matching them at the time. 2nd goal for Delaney, he got dropped last time he scored.

The remainder was pretty end to end, with them playing on the break until the final 5 mins when we all started bricking it once more. Even though we were in the ascendency at times, when they broke, it was stylish and slick.

Full credit to Plymouth for the way they played the game tonight. (Ignoring the odd dive) Very reminiscent of their style when they won promotion at Spotland in years gone by, Danny Frio et al.

Hope they get into the playoffs as I can't think of another team I've enjoyed watching as much this season through gritted grinding teeth.

Awful night for Oldham
Terminal night for MK

Great Post Lama.

Plymouth were fantastic all night but especially first half.

Onto Oxford now for another huge game. Out of the relegation zone and our destiny back in our own hands.
Match thread: Plymouth H on 07:18 - Apr 25 with 2499 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:11 - Apr 25 by love_the_dale

That would be meeee! Of course I knew it was Jim, but fortunately everyone in my area understands my sense of humour and the intentional irony in what I was shouting to Jim, who I think is one of our standout players and who I have always defended when many on here and in the ground were denigrating his talent. I am also one of the few who were trying to get chants going when so many sit in the main stand like dummies :) Do you cheer for the team? :) As it happens, Jim was wrong in going on the pitch, as evidenced by the fact that the fourth official went to him and spoke to him - or maybe he was asking Jim why he wasn't actually on the pitch playing for the Dale. :)

Didn't look like Jim appreciated your 'humour' , your hand gestures suggested you were telling him to shut up as he shouted encouragement to the team

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Plymouth H on 07:52 - Apr 25 with 2398 views1907

Match thread: Plymouth H on 00:11 - Apr 25 by love_the_dale

What exactly have you said?
Match thread: Plymouth H on 08:01 - Apr 25 with 2362 viewsrochdaleriddler

I know it's been done to death, but tonight I got to my seat early, and stayed there at half time getting the full tannoy treatment. I do understand now why people moan , the volume and the shouting is way over the top. Turn it down !

Match thread: Plymouth H on 08:06 - Apr 25 with 2353 views442Dale

Awful night for Oldham
Terminal night for MK

Humphrys started centrally in a 4-3-3 with Calvin right and Inman left, unfortunately he doesnā€™t hold it up well enough as a lone central striker. He was shifted out wide later in the half as Calvin went central but didnā€™t do enough there either. He needs a Henderson type up top with him to be effective.

Maybe Kitching isnā€™t fully fit because the introduction of Rafferty did make a difference. Would return to 5-3-2 on Saturday with Wiseman retaining his place, Rafferty in midfield and Inman playing off Calvin/going wide.

Match thread: Plymouth H on 08:09 - Apr 25 with 2343 views442Dale

Match thread: Plymouth H on 08:01 - Apr 25 by rochdaleriddler

I know it's been done to death, but tonight I got to my seat early, and stayed there at half time getting the full tannoy treatment. I do understand now why people moan , the volume and the shouting is way over the top. Turn it down !

It had been turned down in the Sandy, so it can be done. Spectacular use of the volume control, well done all.

Match thread: Plymouth H on 08:22 - Apr 25 with 2310 viewsjudd

Awful night for Oldham
Terminal night for MK

Spot on, Lama. Pymouth played wonderful football, with a slight tainting by play acting in trying to win penalties, but I'm sure they'll rid their game of that.

Post was our MOM first half.

Great reception for Lillis just before kick off from the Pearl Street and his first half saves recognised with the overall MOM award.

And we finally got a result going in our favour.

Still got plenty of work to do though.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Plymouth H on 10:05 - Apr 25 with 2106 viewspafcprogs

Frustrating for us and a point won for you....but in reality no individual game costs you play offs....we lost that in the first three months and have no right to be as close as we a re ....and the last few games our limited squad numbers/injuries have caught up with us...and yet three wins and we a re in the play offs so we move on.

Glad to see you out of the mire, albeit by slender margins....I hope you can take points off Charlton on the final Saturday

All the best for the rest of the season....

PAFCPROGS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024