Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The election results thread 19:10 - Jun 8 with 57670 viewsexiledclaseboy

Polls close 10pm. BBC, ITV and SKY release the results of their joint exit poll also at 10pm. Some of you may remember election night two years ago when the exit poll predicted a Tory win. It was roundly ridiculed by politicians of all parties and most us on here. You could see Professor John Curtice (who oversees the poll) visibly wilting and wondering if he'd just wrecked his career and reputation. The same Prof Curtice got progressively more smug as the night rolled on and it turned out his poll was more or less spot on.

First result due about 11pm. From Sunderland.

The outcome may be a foregone conclusion but it should be exciting for about an hour or so.

Get it stickied for 24 hours or so please, mods.

Oh, and can someone keep Perch and Bluey away from sharp objects please. Just in case.

Poll: Tory leader

The election results thread on 20:55 - Jun 9 with 2134 viewsexiledclaseboy

The election results thread on 20:51 - Jun 9 by sherpajacob

Harsh on the SNP.

Still their 2nd best ever GE result.

It's like a team going unbeaten and winning the league by 30 points. Next season they lose 5 or 6 and only win the league by 10 points and people calling for the manager to be sacked.

Just a,shame they lost so many to the Tories, losing them to LD or labour would have been ok.

Fair points. Four or five then.

Poll: Tory leader

The election results thread on 21:09 - Jun 9 with 2106 viewstrampie

The election results thread on 20:25 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

So, marks out of 10 based on expectation and performance in both campaign and result:

Tories - 0. A catastrophe. But brilliantly funny to witness and even more so as she clearly intends to try and muddle through.
Labour - 8 - massively outperformed expectations in both campaign and performance. At last we have an opposition. Use the platform.
LibDems - 4. Seat gain but should have done better. Probably will do better with a decent front man (or woman).
SNP -2. Has the nationalist bubble burst?
Plaid - 6. Vote share loss but can't argue with a seat gain.
UKIP - minus 1000. Hahahahahahaha. But their work was already done.

My marks out of 10

Tories - 5
Labour - 4
Plaid - 6
SNP - 8
Lib-Dems - 2

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The election results thread on 21:14 - Jun 9 with 2101 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

And labour rap it up by taking Kensington

Facking Kensington

😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The election results thread on 21:20 - Jun 9 with 2088 viewstrampie

Davidson coming under all sorts of pressure already about the Tories joining up with DUP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The election results thread on 21:20 - Jun 9 with 2088 viewssherpajacob

Exclusive coverage of the DUP meeting with Mrs May in Downing street.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The election results thread on 21:34 - Jun 9 with 2049 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The election results thread on 21:39 - Jun 9 with 2043 viewsepaul

I wonder if one of the conditions the DUP want to form a coalition, is that the Life of Brian is banned

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The election results thread on 21:49 - Jun 9 with 2024 viewsFlashberryjack

The election results thread on 21:14 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

And labour rap it up by taking Kensington

Facking Kensington

😂

Those Kensington c*nts shouldn't even have a vote, I bet most of them are imos.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

The election results thread on 22:12 - Jun 9 with 1994 viewsLoyal

Watching labour celebrate losing is a bit like celebrating just escaping celebration.
Embarrassing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The election results thread on 22:16 - Jun 9 with 1989 viewsDarran

The election results thread on 22:12 - Jun 9 by Loyal

Watching labour celebrate losing is a bit like celebrating just escaping celebration.
Embarrassing.

Do you mean relegation?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The election results thread on 22:54 - Jun 9 with 1955 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's going down a storm on social media

The election results thread on 23:11 - Jun 9 with 1941 viewsLeonWasGod

RT Davies on the beeb now desperately trying to ignore that they've had a bad time. They're all deluded.
The election results thread on 23:13 - Jun 9 with 1939 viewstrampie

What will the DUP want ? - direct rule somebody said but who knows ?, there are two sides in NI, the Cons getting into bed with one of them could cause major issues.

The election results thread on 23:23 - Jun 9 with 1933 viewstrampie

Don't tell me Wirral West has voted Labour yet again ? how very working class and common -lol- if so.

Cons shacking up with a NI party with all its links is it ? oh dear.

I bet somebody is having a dickie fit over it all and been left speechless for the time being, lol.

The election results thread on 23:41 - Jun 9 with 1912 viewsHumpty

The election results thread on 19:44 - Jun 9 by sherpajacob

Many Tories would prefer Ruth Davidson as leader.

Not sure the DUP would go for that.

Especially when they find out Davidson's missus is a Catholic girl from the South.
The election results thread on 23:42 - Jun 9 with 1909 viewsGlyn1

Embarrassing.

As a Labour supporter I agree with you, which is worrying.

But for weeks we were told that May was about to annihilate us so this loss feels like a win. Allow us our schadenfreude Loyal.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 23:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The election results thread on 23:46 - Jun 9 with 1900 viewsDarran

The election results thread on 23:41 - Jun 9 by Humpty

Especially when they find out Davidson's missus is a Catholic girl from the South.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The election results thread on 00:00 - Jun 10 with 1874 viewsHumpty

The election results thread on 23:46 - Jun 9 by Darran

Indeed.

You really couldn't make it up.

About the only reason they had for anyone voting for them was that Corbyn was a terrorist sympathiser.

They then f*ck it all up and immediately get into bed with actual terrorist sympathisers.

I'm sure the Mail and Sun will be disgusted by it all.
The election results thread on 00:32 - Jun 10 with 1845 viewsLord_Bony

With the DUP holding the balance of power in Westminster, Arlene Foster is expected to extract a high price for backing Theresa May. The Ulster Fry has gained EXCLUSIVE* access to a leaked letter from the DUP leader, which reveals all the party’s key demands…

Dear Theresa,

Many thanks for your kind invite to be part of your government. Me and Doddsy have put our heads together and come up with a few things we’d like in return for our support. Hopefully it’ll all be OK.
1. Sammy Wilson to be installed as Chancellor of the Exchequer. He used to teach economics and is the best at sums out of all my MPs.
2. An increase in the number of designated flag days, preferably to 365, with an extra one in leap years.
3. The extension of Easter licensing laws to cover the whole year.
4. Everyone to get a complimentary Muslim to go to the shops for them.
5. Nelson’s Column to be replaced with Nelson McCausland.
6. An immediate ban on the sale of Fruit and Fairy cakes. Mr Kipling to undergo a sexuality assessment, Bert and Ernie to be imprisoned.
7. While we’re at it, let’s just frack the City of Brighton.
8. A tunnel from Larne to Stranraer, to be named Peter Robinson’s Magical Passage.
9. The immediate invasion of the Free State.
10. A ban on dinosaurs.
11. The re-introduction of hanging, for the crimes of treason, murder, and playing on the
swings on a Sunday.
12. Free Presbyterianism to be the established religion of the United Kingdom.
BTW, we’ve been running Northern Ireland for a few years now and reckon we’re doing a right and good job of it, so if you need any advice don’t be afraid to give me a shout.

Lots of Love,
Arlene

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The election results thread on 09:19 - Jun 10 with 1727 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The election results thread on 00:32 - Jun 10 by Lord_Bony

With the DUP holding the balance of power in Westminster, Arlene Foster is expected to extract a high price for backing Theresa May. The Ulster Fry has gained EXCLUSIVE* access to a leaked letter from the DUP leader, which reveals all the party’s key demands…

Dear Theresa,

Many thanks for your kind invite to be part of your government. Me and Doddsy have put our heads together and come up with a few things we’d like in return for our support. Hopefully it’ll all be OK.
1. Sammy Wilson to be installed as Chancellor of the Exchequer. He used to teach economics and is the best at sums out of all my MPs.
2. An increase in the number of designated flag days, preferably to 365, with an extra one in leap years.
3. The extension of Easter licensing laws to cover the whole year.
4. Everyone to get a complimentary Muslim to go to the shops for them.
5. Nelson’s Column to be replaced with Nelson McCausland.
6. An immediate ban on the sale of Fruit and Fairy cakes. Mr Kipling to undergo a sexuality assessment, Bert and Ernie to be imprisoned.
7. While we’re at it, let’s just frack the City of Brighton.
8. A tunnel from Larne to Stranraer, to be named Peter Robinson’s Magical Passage.
9. The immediate invasion of the Free State.
10. A ban on dinosaurs.
11. The re-introduction of hanging, for the crimes of treason, murder, and playing on the
swings on a Sunday.
12. Free Presbyterianism to be the established religion of the United Kingdom.
BTW, we’ve been running Northern Ireland for a few years now and reckon we’re doing a right and good job of it, so if you need any advice don’t be afraid to give me a shout.

Lots of Love,
Arlene

This post has been edited by an administrator

What a facking mess

Middle England should be proud of themselves.

I've been telling you for years , vermin they are , stoup so low and stop at nothing just to get their deals through to line their pockets.

The election results thread on 09:30 - Jun 10 with 1718 viewsMeraki

Embarrassing.

You are embarrassing mate.
The election results thread on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 1713 viewsLoyal

The election results thread on 22:16 - Jun 9 by Darran

Do you mean relegation?

Yes, I'm a fool.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The election results thread on 10:14 - Jun 10 with 1693 viewsnice_to_michu

Just a reminder that a certain someone on this forum said before the election that "Teresa May has played a blinder" in calling the election etc etc.

Cheers
The election results thread on 11:29 - Jun 10 with 1646 viewslondonlisa2001

The election results thread on 20:25 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

So, marks out of 10 based on expectation and performance in both campaign and result:

Tories - 0. A catastrophe. But brilliantly funny to witness and even more so as she clearly intends to try and muddle through.
Labour - 8 - massively outperformed expectations in both campaign and performance. At last we have an opposition. Use the platform.
LibDems - 4. Seat gain but should have done better. Probably will do better with a decent front man (or woman).
SNP -2. Has the nationalist bubble burst?
Plaid - 6. Vote share loss but can't argue with a seat gain.
UKIP - minus 1000. Hahahahahahaha. But their work was already done.

You've given the Tories 0 and Labour 8 when the Tories have won 56 more seats?

I realise it's all to do with expectation, but the only reason anyone had the expectation in the first place is a series of opinion polls (when opinion polls have been shown over the past few years as next to useless), and the right wing press.

It seems to me that we have just had a third election (fourth including Brexit) where the result is effectively split down the middle. A few seats make the difference between a hung parliament (as now and in 2010) and a slender majority. I think the days of landslides have probably gone for good as the country is too polarised for that to happen.

Anyway, it is becoming apparent that this whole DUP thing won't happen, and my hopes on getting for me the perfect result of a hung parliament and therefore some sense at last is rapidly disappearing. It's looking increasingly like we're going to have to go through all this crap yet again. Absolute gits, the whole lot of them.
The election results thread on 11:37 - Jun 10 with 1638 viewsepaul

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-book-of-jeremy-corbyn/amp

😂😂😂😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024