Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage 12:47 - Dec 19 with 9253 viewsTheResurrection

….with 2 massive games coming up. I think we all know how important these games are but unfortunately so will West Ham and Bournemouth who will also know the fans are on the edge of mutiny and despair.

We really need to get behind Bradley and the team for these 2 games — no matter if Bradley stays or goes in the new year we will never get these 2 winnable games back then. We need at least 3 points preferably more.

Into January we need to make big decisions. I feel the courage behind these decisions are as vital as us bringing in the right players for us.

People will hate me [again] for this but for me Siggy should go. His heart has gone and so has his performances. He feels he’s too good for us now — which is probably the case — but we don’t need that sort of prima donna in the ranks when we are where we are. His 2 mistakes for the opener at Boro have been brushed under the carpet on this site and that itself is wrong. I can’t remember an assist from him from open play all season or a cutting edge cross or through ball. I maybe wrong there but I’m sure even the blindest of his fans would agree he’s been lacking from open play.

- Siggy to go - £25m
- Taylor also £5m
- Ki £10m
- Montero £8m
- Llorente or Baston will either need shipping out or shaping up — Llorente is at best an impact player as I’ve not seen an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter

I think we can raise upwards of £40m and we need to be brave enough to go for these sales but make absolutely sure we give this Premier League one last fight.

We need:-

- At least 1 full back
- A centre half
- A dog in midfield
- A winger or 2
- A striker

This is the scale of our task and has been Bradley’s plight. It’s this much change that’s needed and 4 months overdue. If the Americans are serious about keeping us up or at least not going down without a fight they can chip in another £20/£30m on top of these sales to give us that survival warchest.

The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that, so I’d hope they have seen through Jenkins and his useless attempt at playing football God and at least consult a real professional Director of Football type, or even better bring one in.

These decisions should have been going on for at least the last 2 months now and I’ve been banging on to the Trust about this as they should have been in Pearlman’s ear the whole time.

There is so much still to play for!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:45 - Aug 30 with 1019 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:38 - Aug 30 by Fireboy2

Good for you

BUT if we had sold siggy and llorente in January like you wished would we we have stayed up?

Now that's the BIG question

Nope we'd have gone down .

By the way clement didn't want to sell him 👍🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 997 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:53 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

If they spend money anything near what is needed to keep us in the Premiere League in the January window, I'll be absolutely stunned.

Of course there will be the usual leaks that we're interested in signing a couple of expensive top players, only to be thwarted at the last hurdle due to contractual problems, the usual shyte that Huw spouts every transfer window to appease the fans.

Flash in yet another pathetic attempt in trying to grasp the world of football.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:54 - Aug 30 with 963 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:43 - Aug 30 by dailew

"Llorente is at best an impact player as I’ve not seen an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter "

Comedy gold.

Thanks for the bump.

I think you are Nick Rees

But you're more than welcome..................... As Chelsea are about to snap him up....................... AS AN IMPACT PLAYER!!!!!!!!

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 960 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:45 - Aug 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nope we'd have gone down .

By the way clement didn't want to sell him 👍🏻

yes he did

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:59 - Aug 30 with 941 viewscostalotta

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:19 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

The OP has got to be the best and most insightful post ever to adorn the pages of Planet Swans.

So many down arrows and mug posters who can't grasp the game. At least my mate Paul Clement understands.

Siggy had to go no doubt but the summer was the time to do that.

But at the time you were promoting that idea. If we had got rid then and also sold llorente as you suggested we'd have in all likelihood gone down without a whimper. Furthermore, the fee you suggested wouldn't have been the 40-45m that was paid, plus llorente if he goes will be for around the 15m. In fact we didn't get 40 as you pointed out in your post we got more and look like getting even more. Not knocking your post as siggy value shot up due to his assists and performances during our run in and ultimate survival. So, it was the correct decision not to sell last January. As I'm sure you'd agree?

Now we are building a team from the back, as I and others on this board had suggested to you when we should have when we were debating the Bob Bradley joke. Remember?

Your mate PC realised that as soon as he came in and corrected the errors of your other mate, bob Bradley.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:00 - Aug 30 with 929 viewspencoedjack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:55 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

yes he did

Whether he did or not Toms statement we would of gone down without them is correct.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 929 viewsdailew

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:54 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

I think you are Nick Rees

But you're more than welcome..................... As Chelsea are about to snap him up....................... AS AN IMPACT PLAYER!!!!!!!!

Cos Chelsea are in the habit of buying players that are "an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter "

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:12 - Aug 30 with 876 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:01 - Aug 30 by dailew

Cos Chelsea are in the habit of buying players that are "an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter "

Back to goal and building up play there is no easier ride in the EPL than Fernando Llorente

Login to get fewer ads

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:19 - Aug 30 with 839 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:59 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Siggy had to go no doubt but the summer was the time to do that.

But at the time you were promoting that idea. If we had got rid then and also sold llorente as you suggested we'd have in all likelihood gone down without a whimper. Furthermore, the fee you suggested wouldn't have been the 40-45m that was paid, plus llorente if he goes will be for around the 15m. In fact we didn't get 40 as you pointed out in your post we got more and look like getting even more. Not knocking your post as siggy value shot up due to his assists and performances during our run in and ultimate survival. So, it was the correct decision not to sell last January. As I'm sure you'd agree?

Now we are building a team from the back, as I and others on this board had suggested to you when we should have when we were debating the Bob Bradley joke. Remember?

Your mate PC realised that as soon as he came in and corrected the errors of your other mate, bob Bradley.

His value went up because football went mental and we found an absolute mug in Koeman.

I foolishly was advocating Koeman some years ago and I was very wrong there. He actually wants Llorente as well and wants to recreate the sheer tedium of our last season for them.

And build from the back? We haven't really done that, have we but I see where you're going.

Clement instilled shape and disciple but throughout the team, starting with our striker and wide forwards. That was one of the key differences and one that Bob failed at.

The other was bringing in ball players like Carroll and Olsson, and that something different in Ayew.

We could've quite easily have ended up with Batshuwayi or someone similar and we'd have stayed up no sweat.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:26 - Aug 30 with 801 viewscostalotta

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:19 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

His value went up because football went mental and we found an absolute mug in Koeman.

I foolishly was advocating Koeman some years ago and I was very wrong there. He actually wants Llorente as well and wants to recreate the sheer tedium of our last season for them.

And build from the back? We haven't really done that, have we but I see where you're going.

Clement instilled shape and disciple but throughout the team, starting with our striker and wide forwards. That was one of the key differences and one that Bob failed at.

The other was bringing in ball players like Carroll and Olsson, and that something different in Ayew.

We could've quite easily have ended up with Batshuwayi or someone similar and we'd have stayed up no sweat.

I guess we will never know re batshuwayi coming or llorente going at that time. You make a fair point on the money for siggy though but again I think the right call was made at the time.

PC definitely sorted our sharpe out and imo that started at the back. But, I'm firm believer in defending from the front. PC instilled a disicpline in terms of our shape no doubt and with that came tactical flexibility which we are now starting to benefit from. IMO this will improve in time. He's kinda come at from the Sousa approach. Not exactly but similar.

If he's given the resources he's identified I'm sure we will be looking at a good season. If not, then we could well loose him befor the season is out.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 11:26 - Aug 30 with 797 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 10:27 - Aug 30 by Pegojack

You were certainly right about selling Siggy and probably Llorente too, Chris.

Now do you think the Yanks will spend most of the funds in the next day and a half to keep us in this league, or quietly squirrel away the cash ready for bailing out?

I do Mike, yes.

They will definitely spend. My concern is not getting our main targets and being forced into some deals where we're taking a bit of a chance.

Bony is coming which leaves us one more forward player short of being totally effing formidable in attack.

One or two others and this will be the best squad and manager since Laudrup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024