Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage 12:47 - Dec 19 with 9255 viewsTheResurrection

….with 2 massive games coming up. I think we all know how important these games are but unfortunately so will West Ham and Bournemouth who will also know the fans are on the edge of mutiny and despair.

We really need to get behind Bradley and the team for these 2 games — no matter if Bradley stays or goes in the new year we will never get these 2 winnable games back then. We need at least 3 points preferably more.

Into January we need to make big decisions. I feel the courage behind these decisions are as vital as us bringing in the right players for us.

People will hate me [again] for this but for me Siggy should go. His heart has gone and so has his performances. He feels he’s too good for us now — which is probably the case — but we don’t need that sort of prima donna in the ranks when we are where we are. His 2 mistakes for the opener at Boro have been brushed under the carpet on this site and that itself is wrong. I can’t remember an assist from him from open play all season or a cutting edge cross or through ball. I maybe wrong there but I’m sure even the blindest of his fans would agree he’s been lacking from open play.

- Siggy to go - £25m
- Taylor also £5m
- Ki £10m
- Montero £8m
- Llorente or Baston will either need shipping out or shaping up — Llorente is at best an impact player as I’ve not seen an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter

I think we can raise upwards of £40m and we need to be brave enough to go for these sales but make absolutely sure we give this Premier League one last fight.

We need:-

- At least 1 full back
- A centre half
- A dog in midfield
- A winger or 2
- A striker

This is the scale of our task and has been Bradley’s plight. It’s this much change that’s needed and 4 months overdue. If the Americans are serious about keeping us up or at least not going down without a fight they can chip in another £20/£30m on top of these sales to give us that survival warchest.

The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that, so I’d hope they have seen through Jenkins and his useless attempt at playing football God and at least consult a real professional Director of Football type, or even better bring one in.

These decisions should have been going on for at least the last 2 months now and I’ve been banging on to the Trust about this as they should have been in Pearlman’s ear the whole time.

There is so much still to play for!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:06 - Dec 19 with 1202 views34dfgdf54

I'm struggling to see how selling Gylfi, the one reason we are not cut adrift at the bottom would be anything near a good idea.

Knowing Huw Jenkins we would be selling to Sunderland or Palace, give them that boost going into big games.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:09 - Dec 19 with 1195 viewsGriffting

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 13:47 - Dec 19 by Swanjaxs

A third!!! 20 million for Ki!!!! I almost dropped my cup of tea then! Perhaps we could sell Taylor to the Chinese for 15 million too 😂😂😂

You're laughing but that's how mental it is.

Pelle is on 250 k per week out there. Milk then for all they're worth.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:15 - Dec 19 with 1186 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:48 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Yeah — I did and stand by everything I said. Monmouth has said the same. We all know Siggy and what he can and can’t give and bad games aside, his head isn’t with us it seems. I also think we need someone with different qualities to his in a dog fight. Someone that won’t get muscled off the ball, someone street wise, someone that can get us ten yards further up the field quicker by going past a man, that sort of thing. This season, all he’s good for is set pieces — and yeah he’s deadly at those but is that enough?

Ok let's agree , siggy was at fault for 2 goals against boro , he was involved in losing the ball , agreed.

Now you recon "he's to good for us " & " a prima Donna " And we should sell him .

I'm not with you on this one .
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 15:22]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:21 - Dec 19 with 1166 viewsNeathJack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:58 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

The only mistake in that goal was his — the rest you could argue could have done better — but they didn’t make a mistake.
When play is turned over on the half way line needlessly it is borderline criminal. Especially as he had time and options. I was disgusted with him in for that. Mawson got dragged over leaving confusion in the shape — all caused by Siggy not passing back or to Rangel and him just not being there. Amat and Taylor were scrambling back and in a way they were unlucky the ball was played backwards, but they arguably could have done better closing down — but ultimately they did not make a mistake.

For you to even try and make a case to excuse him says it all really. Imagine if that was Routs?!

So your plan for survival entails:

Keep Bob
Sell Siggy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:39 - Dec 19 with 1133 viewsandypitt56

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:21 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

So your plan for survival entails:

Keep Bob
Sell Siggy

if we sell Siggy we have confirmed relegation. If we stand any chance of staying up we need to keep him,
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:42 - Dec 19 with 1123 viewsFlashberryjack

When will people finally wake up to the reality that, any transfer money brought into the club will not be spent players of the same quality, the owners haven't, never will put money into this club.

Who the f*ck has heard of a burglar giving money to the occupants of the house he's come to rob.

So why the f*ck would anyone other than the Yanks want to sell siggy..............I give up I really do.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:49 - Dec 19 with 1100 viewsSwanjaxs

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:42 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

When will people finally wake up to the reality that, any transfer money brought into the club will not be spent players of the same quality, the owners haven't, never will put money into this club.

Who the f*ck has heard of a burglar giving money to the occupants of the house he's come to rob.

So why the f*ck would anyone other than the Yanks want to sell siggy..............I give up I really do.

It's my opinion that Siggy will be sold in January and it will pan out exactly as Flashberryjack calls it! Basically the Yanks will want to cash in on thier most valuable commodity while his stock is high...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:57 - Dec 19 with 1084 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:42 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

You should’ve given up long ago

What I’ve suggested doesn’t entail selling Siggy and the Americans banking the money though does it. If they do that they would be working to their own unscrupulous plan, not the one I’ve suggested.

It’s my opinion our team needs major surgery in a last ditch attempt to beat the drop — much like Allardyce did at Sunderland in January. He got rid of the dead wood and brought in 4 or 5 that ultimately was the difference between survival and relegation.

Looking at our squad as a whole and the options open to any manager, it’s pretty grim. I doubt whether the Americans would just throw potentially loads more millions of good money after bad so it would only leave doing it properly from a clear out and a much needed one too, then perhaps topped up by a few quid from them. The obvious player to fund the drastic requirements is unfortunately Siggy — who I feel is already half away at the moment the way he’s playing.

As much as we need new defenders we also need most other positions and this can’t all be done without some significant outs.
-----
This is what Sunderland did in January, granted they didn’t have that big player to sell but they made sure they reshaped the squad with a proper clear out. It doesn’t always work but it could be our only chance.
Many claimed that the 2016 January transfer window would be vital to Sunderland’s survival attempts this season.
With some familiar faces departing and some new one’s arriving, we take a look at the impact of this transfer window on Sunderland’s squad.
Out
Costal Pantilimon, Watford — The Romanian keeper departed to the Hornets for an undisclosed fee after losing his place in the team to the returning Jordan Pickford and Vito Mannone.
Pantilimon featured in the first team most this season, but was known to be one of the higher earners at the club, and with Jordan Pickford ending his loan spell at Preston he was seen as no longer needed.
Will Buckley, Birmingham (loan) — Buckley joins Birmingham until mid-February but the blues are expected to extend the loan until the end of the season.
The former Brighton winger has struggled to make any impact at Sunderland, not playing since last May.
Danny Graham, Blackburn (loan) — The striker has joined Blackburn on loan for the rest of the season after failing to make an impression at Sunderland this season, with little playing time.
The 30-year-old has likely played his last game for Sunderland as his contract expires in the summer.
Sebastian Coates, Sporting Lisbon (loan) — Despite only signing permanently in the summer, Coates has failed to impress new boss Sam Allardyce.
The Uruguayan defender has moved on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.
Steven Fletcher, Marseille — A surprising deadline day deal sees the Scotsman join the French side on loan for the rest of the season.
Like Danny Graham, Fletcher only has six month remaining on his contract and has likely played his last game for Sunderland.
Jordi Gomez, Blackburn (loan) — A lack of playing time under Allardyce has seen the Spanish midfielder become surplus to requirements and will remain on loan at Blackburn for the rest of the season.
In
Jan Kirchhoff, Bayern Munich — The first recruitment of this window for Sunderland was 25-year-old centre back Jan Kirchhoff.
Kirchhoff struggled at the German giants after joining in 2013, but did play in the Champions League during a loan spell at Schalke.
Allardyce described the German defender as “a real versatile player, comfortable in both the centre back and midfield roles.”
Dame N’doye, Trabzonspor (loan) — The former Hull striker has joined the Black Cats on loan for the rest of the season.
The 30-year-old scored five goals in 15 games for Hull in a season which saw them relegated.
Speaking about the Senegalese striker, Sam Allardyce said: “Dame will bring something different to our forward options.
“Having already played in the Premier League, he should have no problems in hitting the ground running.”
Steve Harper, free — One of Sunderland’s most bizarre signings, the former Newcastle man joins the club until the end of the season.
The 40-year-old has been brought in as cover to Vito Mannone and Jordan Pickford following Costal Pantilimon’s move to Watford.
Experience is key to the signing according to Allardyce, saying: “He has vast experience at the top level and that can only be beneficial to Vito and Jordan as they continue to develop.”
Lamine Kone, Lorient — The Ivory Coast defender joins Sunderland for a fee of £5 million. The 27-year-old has signed a four and a half year contract and is expected to go straight into the Sunderland first team.
Allardyce talked about the deal, saying: “He is big and strong, attributes you need to play in central defence in the Premier League.”
Wahbi Khazri, Bordeaux — Sunderland most expensive signing of this window, costing around £9 million.
The attacking midfield player could be the creative spark Sunderland needs to clinch survival with Sunderland boss Allardyce saying: “Wahbi is a quick, dynamic attacking player.”

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 16:35 - Dec 19 with 1028 viewsFlashberryjack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:57 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

What I’ve suggested doesn’t entail selling Siggy and the Americans banking the money though does it. If they do that they would be working to their own unscrupulous plan, not the one I’ve suggested.

It’s my opinion our team needs major surgery in a last ditch attempt to beat the drop — much like Allardyce did at Sunderland in January. He got rid of the dead wood and brought in 4 or 5 that ultimately was the difference between survival and relegation.

Looking at our squad as a whole and the options open to any manager, it’s pretty grim. I doubt whether the Americans would just throw potentially loads more millions of good money after bad so it would only leave doing it properly from a clear out and a much needed one too, then perhaps topped up by a few quid from them. The obvious player to fund the drastic requirements is unfortunately Siggy — who I feel is already half away at the moment the way he’s playing.

As much as we need new defenders we also need most other positions and this can’t all be done without some significant outs.
-----
This is what Sunderland did in January, granted they didn’t have that big player to sell but they made sure they reshaped the squad with a proper clear out. It doesn’t always work but it could be our only chance.
Many claimed that the 2016 January transfer window would be vital to Sunderland’s survival attempts this season.
With some familiar faces departing and some new one’s arriving, we take a look at the impact of this transfer window on Sunderland’s squad.
Out
Costal Pantilimon, Watford — The Romanian keeper departed to the Hornets for an undisclosed fee after losing his place in the team to the returning Jordan Pickford and Vito Mannone.
Pantilimon featured in the first team most this season, but was known to be one of the higher earners at the club, and with Jordan Pickford ending his loan spell at Preston he was seen as no longer needed.
Will Buckley, Birmingham (loan) — Buckley joins Birmingham until mid-February but the blues are expected to extend the loan until the end of the season.
The former Brighton winger has struggled to make any impact at Sunderland, not playing since last May.
Danny Graham, Blackburn (loan) — The striker has joined Blackburn on loan for the rest of the season after failing to make an impression at Sunderland this season, with little playing time.
The 30-year-old has likely played his last game for Sunderland as his contract expires in the summer.
Sebastian Coates, Sporting Lisbon (loan) — Despite only signing permanently in the summer, Coates has failed to impress new boss Sam Allardyce.
The Uruguayan defender has moved on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.
Steven Fletcher, Marseille — A surprising deadline day deal sees the Scotsman join the French side on loan for the rest of the season.
Like Danny Graham, Fletcher only has six month remaining on his contract and has likely played his last game for Sunderland.
Jordi Gomez, Blackburn (loan) — A lack of playing time under Allardyce has seen the Spanish midfielder become surplus to requirements and will remain on loan at Blackburn for the rest of the season.
In
Jan Kirchhoff, Bayern Munich — The first recruitment of this window for Sunderland was 25-year-old centre back Jan Kirchhoff.
Kirchhoff struggled at the German giants after joining in 2013, but did play in the Champions League during a loan spell at Schalke.
Allardyce described the German defender as “a real versatile player, comfortable in both the centre back and midfield roles.”
Dame N’doye, Trabzonspor (loan) — The former Hull striker has joined the Black Cats on loan for the rest of the season.
The 30-year-old scored five goals in 15 games for Hull in a season which saw them relegated.
Speaking about the Senegalese striker, Sam Allardyce said: “Dame will bring something different to our forward options.
“Having already played in the Premier League, he should have no problems in hitting the ground running.”
Steve Harper, free — One of Sunderland’s most bizarre signings, the former Newcastle man joins the club until the end of the season.
The 40-year-old has been brought in as cover to Vito Mannone and Jordan Pickford following Costal Pantilimon’s move to Watford.
Experience is key to the signing according to Allardyce, saying: “He has vast experience at the top level and that can only be beneficial to Vito and Jordan as they continue to develop.”
Lamine Kone, Lorient — The Ivory Coast defender joins Sunderland for a fee of £5 million. The 27-year-old has signed a four and a half year contract and is expected to go straight into the Sunderland first team.
Allardyce talked about the deal, saying: “He is big and strong, attributes you need to play in central defence in the Premier League.”
Wahbi Khazri, Bordeaux — Sunderland most expensive signing of this window, costing around £9 million.
The attacking midfield player could be the creative spark Sunderland needs to clinch survival with Sunderland boss Allardyce saying: “Wahbi is a quick, dynamic attacking player.”

"What I’ve suggested doesn’t entail selling Siggy and the Americans banking the money though does it"

But that's what they'll do if we sell Siggy.
Which part of "They're only here to take out and not put in " don't you understand ?

Hello

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 16:59 - Dec 19 with 1000 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 16:35 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

"What I’ve suggested doesn’t entail selling Siggy and the Americans banking the money though does it"

But that's what they'll do if we sell Siggy.
Which part of "They're only here to take out and not put in " don't you understand ?

But the only way for them to realise any real gain on their investment would be for us to stay in the EPL.
January remains to be seen but I doubt they were asset stripping in August by selling Ayew and Williams — I think they just trusted Jenkins when he told them the squad was good enough.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:00 - Dec 19 with 998 viewsKulusBeatFactory

"The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that"

So if you were a business person AND you were shrewd, would you:
a) throw away more money after bad, or
b) pocket as much cash as you could, maximise ROI and run asap

Also If they were shrewd they would sack the fakking useless coach (having done the commercial maths - dilution of global brand etc etc - even the NBC crew were slagging him off)

The shrewd thing to do would be get a proper manager in, like we did in the depths of last winter
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:11 - Dec 19 with 983 viewsDewi1jack

Yes 3 points worse off.
But last year we had no manager.

So all that's changed then is we're 3 points worse off

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:13 - Dec 19 with 977 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:00 - Dec 19 by KulusBeatFactory

"The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that"

So if you were a business person AND you were shrewd, would you:
a) throw away more money after bad, or
b) pocket as much cash as you could, maximise ROI and run asap

Also If they were shrewd they would sack the fakking useless coach (having done the commercial maths - dilution of global brand etc etc - even the NBC crew were slagging him off)

The shrewd thing to do would be get a proper manager in, like we did in the depths of last winter

As I’ve said throughout this thread I would give my investment the best chance at succeeding and that would be to make brave January decisions. Getting rid of high earners whilst doing so (Siggy, Ki, Montero perhaps) and bringing in loanees and hopefully some shrewd key signings. I’d also make sure it was somebody proven and competent doing the bringing in.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:31 - Dec 19 with 950 viewsLord_Bony

This is the crux...are they going to spend in January? ...if not we will know their true intentions.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:37 - Dec 19 with 939 viewscrix

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 15:57 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

-----
Out
In

ok so youre using sunderland as your example how we sell all those players and bring new ones in using our new 75m. well after you sift through all the white noise in that article their transfer activity during that window consisted of:
Out
Pantilimon —undisclosed

Loan out
Buckley
Graham
Coates
Fletcher
Gomez

In
Kirchhoff - undisclosed
Harper - free
Kone -5m
Khazri -9m

Loan in
N’doye

yeah doesn't really add up to anywhere near 75m worth of activity.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:38 - Dec 19 with 934 viewsrandomperson

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:13 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

As I’ve said throughout this thread I would give my investment the best chance at succeeding and that would be to make brave January decisions. Getting rid of high earners whilst doing so (Siggy, Ki, Montero perhaps) and bringing in loanees and hopefully some shrewd key signings. I’d also make sure it was somebody proven and competent doing the bringing in.

Completely agree.
It is painfully obvious the locker room needs multiple players with leadership mentalities. I can't remember the last time I saw a backline with such a soft psyche. Give up the first goal? might as well write in 3. Normally players that fragile don't get this high in competition in *any* sport. L1 and Championship should weed these type of players out.

Montero is too easy to exploit, and Ki is soft/mentally checked out. Why even bother keeping them. Siggy is currently trying to do too much for his skillset, which probably relates to him looking bad across the board. We've had tons of set pieces lately and unable to capitalize on any of them, with a bunch being bad balls from Siggy. However...I don't think he's going anywhere. I think they will try and bring in players that play to his strengths, and he'll start to look good again.

January is always a tough window, though.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:45 - Dec 19 with 926 viewsjasper_T

Leadership is easy to find when you've got talented players, and damned hard to find otherwise.

We need footballers not characters.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:53 - Dec 19 with 916 viewsFlashberryjack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:31 - Dec 19 by Lord_Bony

This is the crux...are they going to spend in January? ...if not we will know their true intentions.

If they spend money anything near what is needed to keep us in the Premiere League in the January window, I'll be absolutely stunned.

Of course there will be the usual leaks that we're interested in signing a couple of expensive top players, only to be thwarted at the last hurdle due to contractual problems, the usual shyte that Huw spouts every transfer window to appease the fans.

Hello

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:58 - Dec 19 with 910 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:13 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Serious question:
- Why not sack the manager ?
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 18:29 - Dec 19 with 872 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:37 - Dec 19 by crix

ok so youre using sunderland as your example how we sell all those players and bring new ones in using our new 75m. well after you sift through all the white noise in that article their transfer activity during that window consisted of:
Out
Pantilimon —undisclosed

Loan out
Buckley
Graham
Coates
Fletcher
Gomez

In
Kirchhoff - undisclosed
Harper - free
Kone -5m
Khazri -9m

Loan in
N’doye

yeah doesn't really add up to anywhere near 75m worth of activity.

??

It adds up to a clear out and rebuilding exercise which is exactly what I've said. I've also said we are probably in a better position to do that than they were.

Do you mind me asking how old you are as you come across quite child like? Are you just a kid?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 18:33 - Dec 19 with 866 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:58 - Dec 19 by KulusBeatFactory

Serious question:

We may well have to.

It's just my opinion that he's trying to polish a turd and until he's had a fair crack with players of his own we can't really judge him.

The club is spiralling out of control but it's been doing that since Hull home.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 836 viewsjack247

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 17:58 - Dec 19 by KulusBeatFactory

Serious question:

That's the obvious solution. An alarming number of our players are probably not good enough to be regular premier league starters. Not a single one of them is anywhere near as out of his depth as the manager though.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 19:15 - Dec 19 with 825 views3swan

Money available or not, I can't see the players that we need coming to a club in our position
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 19:26 - Dec 19 with 813 viewscrix

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 18:29 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

??

It adds up to a clear out and rebuilding exercise which is exactly what I've said. I've also said we are probably in a better position to do that than they were.

Do you mind me asking how old you are as you come across quite child like? Are you just a kid?

As per usual you let your true intellect come to the fore by resorting to insulting anyone pointing out the frailties of your post.
But I will feed your ego for a moment by answering your point.
Your quoted Sunderland clear out equated to only 2 'sort of' first team regulars of that season Coates who was pretty much on a par with our cb's in terms of quality and Pantilimon who had already been superseded by Mannone. The others were either already on loan and just had them extended or were so down the pecking order they were irrelevant.
They were then replaced with just 4 outfield players and a 40yr old goalkeeper.
Whereas your plan consists of selling a number of regular starters (irrespective of their quality they are still part of the foundation of the team) and our star player, to fund a total rebuild of the side in January.
Yes we need players in January, but wholesale changes are not a realistic objective at that time of year whether we like it or not.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 20:59 - Dec 19 with 750 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 19:26 - Dec 19 by crix

As per usual you let your true intellect come to the fore by resorting to insulting anyone pointing out the frailties of your post.
But I will feed your ego for a moment by answering your point.
Your quoted Sunderland clear out equated to only 2 'sort of' first team regulars of that season Coates who was pretty much on a par with our cb's in terms of quality and Pantilimon who had already been superseded by Mannone. The others were either already on loan and just had them extended or were so down the pecking order they were irrelevant.
They were then replaced with just 4 outfield players and a 40yr old goalkeeper.
Whereas your plan consists of selling a number of regular starters (irrespective of their quality they are still part of the foundation of the team) and our star player, to fund a total rebuild of the side in January.
Yes we need players in January, but wholesale changes are not a realistic objective at that time of year whether we like it or not.

Sunderland was just a crude example FFS and that extract was quickly copied and pasted to show that fairly major surgery was carried out at Sunderland in January to give them a shout at staying up.

It doesn't matter if Danny Graham et al were non starters or a regulars, it matters that big decisions and a much needed clear out is necessary. It's also my hunch, and not just me from reading this thread, that Siggy aint that happy here and would probably welcome a move away. In my opinion, this could also be a good move for us, if it funded much needed better replacements.

We don't need Taylor or Ki or Montero. They may as well be a Graham, a Pantillimon or Coates!!

We need better in these positions and bastard quick.

Try and understand mun instead of coming back with childish nonsense. But are you a youngster, you didn't answer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024