Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston 20:49 - Sep 5 with 24802 viewsswan88

It's possible we might have to wait a little longer for his debut. He came off training early today, they won't know for sure until the next few days. Let's hope it's not as serious as feared!
Baston on 18:48 - Sep 7 with 3478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Baston on 18:19 - Sep 7 by hammy

We could certainly do with this (from his time with Eibar last season):-

He scored six in five games in September and October

That would get us over the current hump !

It would be very nice if he can do it.
But as we know Goals in other Leagues do not necessarily translate to goals in the Prem.
But someone who knows where the back of the net is will always be dangerous in attack.
Baston on 18:49 - Sep 7 with 3476 viewsgrabsplatter

Baston on 12:59 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

I have seen no quotes from Ash or spoke to him about it so I cannot say for sure.

However, I believe the whispers that it was because we failed to sign Joe. He wasn't aching for a move before the Euro's or in the weeks after them. His desire to move appeared to become apparent after it was confirmed me would not be signing Joe.

Nothing to do with the big wage increase Everton were offering him then?
Baston on 18:55 - Sep 7 with 3441 viewsPozuelosSideys

Baston on 12:59 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

I have seen no quotes from Ash or spoke to him about it so I cannot say for sure.

However, I believe the whispers that it was because we failed to sign Joe. He wasn't aching for a move before the Euro's or in the weeks after them. His desire to move appeared to become apparent after it was confirmed me would not be signing Joe.

You're making out like the club wanted to keep the player. Seems pretty obvious to me we wanted to cash in for a good fee and get one of the top earners off our books who is nearing the end of his career.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Baston on 19:15 - Sep 7 with 3358 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Baston on 18:49 - Sep 7 by grabsplatter

Nothing to do with the big wage increase Everton were offering him then?

Ash's agent confirmed that Swansea were willing to match Everton's wage offer in an interview on radio 5 last week.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Baston on 19:23 - Sep 7 with 3313 viewsgrabsplatter

Baston on 19:15 - Sep 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Ash's agent confirmed that Swansea were willing to match Everton's wage offer in an interview on radio 5 last week.

OK but probably not the signing on fee as well?
Baston on 19:41 - Sep 7 with 3240 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Baston on 19:23 - Sep 7 by grabsplatter

OK but probably not the signing on fee as well?

Baston on 19:50 - Sep 7 with 3189 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Williams wanted out , he went .

We wanted Joe ,stoke got involved ,price went up & they had him.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Baston on 20:12 - Sep 7 with 3075 viewsairedale

Baston on 16:12 - Sep 7 by jasper_T

I think he wants to be called Borja.

He'll keep faking injuries until we get it right.

OK, but let's hope he's not a poisoned chalice.
Login to get fewer ads

Baston on 21:32 - Sep 7 with 2821 viewsgrabsplatter

Baston on 19:41 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

Nope, if you think there was no financial benefit to him in the move that's fair enough, I don't happen to agree.
Baston on 21:37 - Sep 7 with 2794 viewslonglostjack

Baston on 19:41 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

Really couldn't give a toss about Ash. He's no longer our player.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Baston on 22:05 - Sep 7 with 2696 viewsairedale

It's the Thames in Southwark. Water under the bridge man.
Baston on 22:33 - Sep 7 with 2567 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Baston on 21:32 - Sep 7 by grabsplatter

Nope, if you think there was no financial benefit to him in the move that's fair enough, I don't happen to agree.

I am sure there was financial incentive. However, I believe he moved because he saw what a mess happening to the club off the pitch regarding recruitment.

He knew the club was heading backwards and jumped ship accordingly. If we had signed Joe Allen and looked in a better position heading into the season, I believe he would still be here.
Baston on 22:40 - Sep 7 with 2520 viewsharryhpalmer

Baston on 22:33 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

I am sure there was financial incentive. However, I believe he moved because he saw what a mess happening to the club off the pitch regarding recruitment.

He knew the club was heading backwards and jumped ship accordingly. If we had signed Joe Allen and looked in a better position heading into the season, I believe he would still be here.

he put his house on the market in May!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

N/A. on 22:41 - Sep 7 with 2514 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:24]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Baston on 22:58 - Sep 7 with 2447 viewsgrabsplatter

I think it was his last chance of a big money move & he took it.
I've got no issue with him for making that decision either but I don't see it as some sort of judgment on the state of our club.
Baston on 22:58 - Sep 7 with 2447 viewslondonlisa2001

Sensible people appear to believe that he decided he was going when it became obvious to him that he was going to be treated as a player and only a player from now on, and that his opinion on other wider issues would not necessarily be acted on.

Nothing to do with signings.
Baston on 23:08 - Sep 7 with 2408 viewsPozuelosSideys

The series of events:

Man City bid for Stones
Everton bid £10m to replace Stones - rejected
Everton bid £12m to replace Stones - accepted
Williams agrees to move for payday
Stones and Williams move clubs

Dont think there is anything more sinister than that. Club decided to cash in and player gets final big payday knowing the club wont stump up big numbers. Agent strokes players ego in the media stating we pulled out the stops to keep him, i doubt we did tbh when a fat cheque for 32 yr old defender is waved in Huws face

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Baston on 23:30 - Sep 7 with 2325 viewsWxmJax

We wouldn't have got £12m from Everton if Stones hadn't gone for so much, same as £35m for Carroll but lets not facts get in the way of things.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Baston on 23:41 - Sep 7 with 2291 viewsmonmouth

Who knows, who cares, apart from people determined to beat the club up for absolutely everything. Compared to the outcome of the Trust/Yank discussions it is trivial bullshit.
We should have two stickies, or we're going to have the same bollocks every week.

Sticky 1: Ashley Williams is not a Swans Player
Sticky 2: Joe Allen is not a Swans Player

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Baston on 23:54 - Sep 7 with 2254 viewsjesushchrist

Baston on 23:41 - Sep 7 by monmouth

Who knows, who cares, apart from people determined to beat the club up for absolutely everything. Compared to the outcome of the Trust/Yank discussions it is trivial bullshit.
We should have two stickies, or we're going to have the same bollocks every week.

Sticky 1: Ashley Williams is not a Swans Player
Sticky 2: Joe Allen is not a Swans Player

Spot on

Bollocks to Ashley Williams and joe Allen

Unless they are playing for Wales I could not give a flying frig About them.
Baston on 00:04 - Sep 8 with 2226 viewsDyfnant

Joey fooking Allen!! If an academy can't produce a player of the standard he was at 21 there's something seriously wrong. Basically be physically fit and learn to position yourself decently. Pay money for positions where real talent is required

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Baston on 04:35 - Sep 8 with 2043 viewsphact0rri

to be fair I'm already well past williams going to everton. It was a punch in the gut. but ehhh... it happens. If anything I would probably imagine him ending up here in some facility when his playing days are done.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Baston on 07:06 - Sep 8 with 1914 viewsMattG

Baston on 04:35 - Sep 8 by phact0rri

to be fair I'm already well past williams going to everton. It was a punch in the gut. but ehhh... it happens. If anything I would probably imagine him ending up here in some facility when his playing days are done.

If there is any truth in the rumours of Ash leaving because of Rodgers and / or Allen not being brought back then I'm not sure that would be a particularly good move for the Club.
Baston on 07:16 - Sep 8 with 1892 viewsicecoldjack

please let Borja be a good signing !!

Already a weight of expectation on him, hope he's more Michu than Gomis!
Baston on 09:29 - Sep 8 with 1620 viewsjohnlangy

Baston on 00:04 - Sep 8 by Dyfnant

Joey fooking Allen!! If an academy can't produce a player of the standard he was at 21 there's something seriously wrong. Basically be physically fit and learn to position yourself decently. Pay money for positions where real talent is required

What a strange post. So, what you're saying is that anyone can do what Joe has done. Get fit, learn positioning and you're a £15 million pound Liverpool player and star of the Welsh team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024