Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston 20:49 - Sep 5 with 24801 viewsswan88

It's possible we might have to wait a little longer for his debut. He came off training early today, they won't know for sure until the next few days. Let's hope it's not as serious as feared!
Baston on 09:26 - Sep 7 with 3580 viewsjohnlangy

Baston on 19:30 - Sep 6 by Borojack

No sources though

Mike says it so it must be right.
Baston on 12:13 - Sep 7 with 3245 viewsswan88

They'll know tomorrow as that's when everybody returns. My feeling is they won't risk him for the game Saturday but that's just my opinion.
As for me being a wind up merchant, you are more than welcome to check my previous posts and comments.
Baston on 12:31 - Sep 7 with 3166 viewsNeathJack

Baston on 12:13 - Sep 7 by swan88

They'll know tomorrow as that's when everybody returns. My feeling is they won't risk him for the game Saturday but that's just my opinion.
As for me being a wind up merchant, you are more than welcome to check my previous posts and comments.

Aye, we should keep him fresh for Sunday.
Baston on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 3156 viewsLeonisGod

Good stuff. I reckon a game on Saturday before our match with Chelsea on Sunday would be a step too far ;-)

Pedantism aside, you may well be right. If things are going to plan and if I was a betting man, I'd bet on an appearance from the bench at best.

Looking forward to seeing him in action though. Articles like the one below really big him up. No apologies if a ferdy as we need some positivity on here. This place is turning into mumsnet.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2927468/atletico-madrid-
Baston on 12:35 - Sep 7 with 3134 viewsGriffting

They can't decide whether he's injured until the internationals come back?? Surely if it was 'as bad as first feared' they would have ruled him out by now??
Baston on 12:39 - Sep 7 with 3106 viewsjohnlangy

Baston on 12:32 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

Good stuff. I reckon a game on Saturday before our match with Chelsea on Sunday would be a step too far ;-)

Pedantism aside, you may well be right. If things are going to plan and if I was a betting man, I'd bet on an appearance from the bench at best.

Looking forward to seeing him in action though. Articles like the one below really big him up. No apologies if a ferdy as we need some positivity on here. This place is turning into mumsnet.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2927468/atletico-madrid-

Now that's what I call a positive write up. Please God he's really that good.
Baston on 12:50 - Sep 7 with 3035 viewsLeonisGod

Baston on 12:39 - Sep 7 by johnlangy

Now that's what I call a positive write up. Please God he's really that good.

Sounds great doesn't he. Will the service be up to scratch or can he create his own chances? We'll have to wait and see. But if that's how he's viewed it does put a bit more of a positive spin on some of our dealings this transfer window.
Baston on 12:53 - Sep 7 with 3023 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Baston on 12:50 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

Sounds great doesn't he. Will the service be up to scratch or can he create his own chances? We'll have to wait and see. But if that's how he's viewed it does put a bit more of a positive spin on some of our dealings this transfer window.

Imagine if we had signed Joe, enabling us to retain Ash.

A spine of the team consisting of Ash - Joe - Siggy - Baston. It would have been brilliant.

Alas, we now have Leroy Fer and Jordi Amat. How truly depressing.
Login to get fewer ads

Baston on 12:56 - Sep 7 with 3000 viewsmagicdaps10

Baston on 12:53 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

A spine of the team consisting of Ash - Joe - Siggy - Baston. It would have been brilliant.

Did As leave because we didnt sign Joey OR because he didnt want to work with Francesco?

I have heard both said.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Baston on 12:59 - Sep 7 with 2975 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Baston on 12:56 - Sep 7 by magicdaps10

Did As leave because we didnt sign Joey OR because he didnt want to work with Francesco?

I have heard both said.

I have seen no quotes from Ash or spoke to him about it so I cannot say for sure.

However, I believe the whispers that it was because we failed to sign Joe. He wasn't aching for a move before the Euro's or in the weeks after them. His desire to move appeared to become apparent after it was confirmed me would not be signing Joe.
Baston on 13:09 - Sep 7 with 2924 viewsMoscowJack

Maybe he was unhappy after Brodge AND Joey didn't return??

Either way, he wanted out and the only thing we could do was get as much for him as we could....which we did.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Baston on 14:13 - Sep 7 with 2719 viewsMattG

Baston on 13:09 - Sep 7 by MoscowJack

Maybe he was unhappy after Brodge AND Joey didn't return??

Either way, he wanted out and the only thing we could do was get as much for him as we could....which we did.

Agree - we can't run the Club to suit the wishes of any individual.

The fact that Everton were prepared to pay what they did for a 32yo just makes it even more the right move.
Baston on 14:27 - Sep 7 with 2658 viewsGriffting

Baston on 14:13 - Sep 7 by MattG

Agree - we can't run the Club to suit the wishes of any individual.

The fact that Everton were prepared to pay what they did for a 32yo just makes it even more the right move.

My thoughts exactly. Come on Alfie Mawson I say.
Baston on 14:35 - Sep 7 with 2618 viewsswanjackal

Baston on 14:27 - Sep 7 by Griffting

My thoughts exactly. Come on Alfie Mawson I say.

Single file, or bukkake-esque?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Baston on 14:51 - Sep 7 with 2551 viewsGriffting

Baston on 14:35 - Sep 7 by swanjackal

Single file, or bukkake-esque?

Well, if I was to get pedantic I'd say wrong spelling but nice try.
However, if you're into that and he's willing.. You go for it.
Baston on 15:23 - Sep 7 with 2445 viewsphact0rri

Baston on 14:51 - Sep 7 by Griffting

he will make for the team bukake-udon? what a nice chap is he?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Baston on 15:30 - Sep 7 with 2415 viewsGriffting

Baston on 15:23 - Sep 7 by phact0rri

he will make for the team bukake-udon? what a nice chap is he?

Never heard of a team called bukake-udon.
Baston on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 2356 viewsswanjackal

Baston on 14:51 - Sep 7 by Griffting

Technically, being pedantic, it can be spelled that way too :p

Not really a fan of red heads though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Baston on 15:49 - Sep 7 with 2331 viewsHighjack

So is he bastard injured or not?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Baston on 15:55 - Sep 7 with 2297 viewsairedale

Baston on 15:49 - Sep 7 by Highjack

So is he bastard injured or not?

No, he's Baston, and imo he's not injured.
Baston on 16:12 - Sep 7 with 2227 viewsjasper_T

Baston on 15:55 - Sep 7 by airedale

No, he's Baston, and imo he's not injured.

I think he wants to be called Borja.

He'll keep faking injuries until we get it right.
Baston on 16:19 - Sep 7 with 2199 viewsLeonisGod

Baston on 12:56 - Sep 7 by magicdaps10

I have heard both said.

Well he certainly didn't leave to join Joe. Or if he did then he's a bit twp with his geography. He always spoke well of Guido, but then when he makes comments that you know when Koeman has walked in the room it does make you wonder.

It may be neither or just a combination of smaller factors. End of an era / American takeover could be equally be a reason. It's a well-bankrolled project at Everton, so they should be a step up from us and with a top class former centre half as their manager - I can understand Ash wanting to go for those reasons alone.

In other words, i haven't got a clue!
Baston on 18:19 - Sep 7 with 1915 viewshammy

Baston on 12:32 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

We could certainly do with this (from his time with Eibar last season):-

He scored six in five games in September and October

That would get us over the current hump !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Baston on 18:25 - Sep 7 with 1883 viewsharryhpalmer

Baston on 12:59 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

I have seen no quotes from Ash or spoke to him about it so I cannot say for sure.

However, I believe the whispers that it was because we failed to sign Joe. He wasn't aching for a move before the Euro's or in the weeks after them. His desire to move appeared to become apparent after it was confirmed me would not be signing Joe.

when you say he wasn't aching for a move before the Euros, is that why his Dawsons were discreetly flogging his house for him BEFORE the Euros kicked off?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Baston on 18:44 - Sep 7 with 1822 viewsnantywatcher

Baston on 12:53 - Sep 7 by BlameHuwJenkins

Please tell me you're not going to the Liberty on Sunday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024